[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

47 point deer shot by Tennessee hunter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: lvbuck12n-2-web.jpg (65KB, 750x493px) Image search: [Google]
lvbuck12n-2-web.jpg
65KB, 750x493px
A hunter in Tennessee took down a monstrous and perhaps record-breaking 47-point buck.

Stephen Tucker, 26, shot the deer while muzzleloader hunting in Sumner County, Tenn. The deer’s antlers totaled more than 300 inches in length, the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) said.

Dale Grandstaff, a captain with the TWRA measured the animal by using the Boone & Crockett Club requirements for non-typical racks, WWMT.com writes.

The buck earned a “green score” of 313 2/8 inches, but after necessary reductions as declared by Boone & Crockett, it finished with a net score of 308 3/8 inches.

WWMT notes that the state record (from the same county) is 244 3/8 inches. The larger record for free-ranging white-tailed buck harvested by a hunter with a muzzleloader is an animal whose antlers measured 307 5/8 inches, from 2003 in Iowa.

The same report notes that due to a 60-day “drying period,” the antlers could shrink beneath the world record status.

The antlers from Tucker’s deer will be measured in January.

“That is something you just don’t ever expect to measure as a certified scorer,” Grandstaff said, according to WWMT.

If Grandstaff’s measurements are acceptable, the antlers will be measured again in spring 2019 during a Boone & Crockett banquet. Scorers will then decide if the January measurements will hold up, WWMT concludes.

that's pretty crazy
>>
fucking asshole
>>
>>892283
HeIIo reddit.
>>
File: 1474658965533.jpg (43KB, 257x392px) Image search: [Google]
1474658965533.jpg
43KB, 257x392px
>>892283
> giving a shit about retarded animals that do nothing other than eat plants and get hit by cars.
>>
>>892283
as opposed to what, shooting a younger deer?

it was an adult, and killed legally

hunting is an important part of population control
>>
I'm not saying "I hate hunting for sport"

but that creature was far too awesome to be just to be one-shot'd. Just to see a buck that size would have been enough for me to not kill it. Deers like that are rare unlike the times, centuries before so you would think conserving that prime specimen would have been an option.

Kudos to him for him using a muzzleloader I guess but cmon, that "World Record" stuff is a croc of shit that no one really pays attention to in the first place.
>>
>>892283
>>892303

LOL at you whiny bleeding heart faggots.

There is an overpopulation of deer in most of the Southeastern US. When there are too many of them they have a significant impact on forest ecosystems and their grazing habits can stop forest growth. Then they start to move out into suburban/urban areas where they cause a lot of damage in the form of car wrecks. There are nearly 1.5 million deer related car deaths annually. If they were allowed to continue to reproduce unchecked it would get A LOT worse.

Culling is good for forest systems and other species. If people didn't hunt deer there would be serious ecological problems. It's part of the balance of nature. It fucking kills me when people condemn others for hunting legally. Hunting game is a natural part of being human and is something people have done since the dawn of man.
>>
>>892303
I guess what one considers an awesome animal is relative. To me a whitetail is just barely above a rat.
>>
>>892310
>is something people have done since the dawn of man
So is slavery, genocide, and cold blooded murder. Let's take those off the law books and see how your theory ends.
>>
>>892315
measurement in inches is way worse
>>
>>892315
There's nothing wrong with anything you listed you flaming cultural Marxist (and faggot)
>>
>>892385
>nothing wrong with slavery
>nothing wrong with genocide
>nothing wrong with murder
Kill yourself and spare the gene pool you filthy degenerate.
>>
>>892278
Probably blow a hole in my pants if I saw that.
>>
>>892386
slavery is wrong because it promotes breeding inferior people

genocide and murder can be used to destroy those people

just saying
>>
Question: Do people eat buck or just the doe?
>>
>>892435
People eat both. But an old buck like that is probably pretty gamey and only good for jerky and summer sausage.
>>
>>892310
1.5 million deer car deaths is a considerable % of the population, both american and world. 95% of statistics are bullshit
>>
>>892303
>>892283
White tail deer are pests. They eat vegetables, they even eat weed plants.
>>
>>892303
kill yourself
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.