[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

winter tent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: derp.png (178KB, 594x371px) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
178KB, 594x371px
so guise

want to get into Winter camping. dont trust my lightweight one man tent with the wet snow we've been getting and i dont want to shell out for a Shilleberg

what do you recon about this?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/20D-silicone-nylon-fiber-Tent-4-season-2-3-persons-camping-tents-ultralight-tent-for-high/32672307402.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.ayrot7
>>
4 season tents are a meme.

There are 3 season tents, and you dress in layers to add an additional season. Just waterproof and seam seal your current tent and make sure you max out your ventilation.
>>
>>890923
dont trust the pole structure of my current tent though. quite a bit of weight to hold up if it snows during the night
>>
>>890921
>winter camping
>alienexpress.com

Good luck with that. Don't be a retard and just cough up the $$$ for a quality piece of equipment instead of trying to save a few dollars and ending up with chink shit.
>>
File: disappointed.gif (2MB, 360x443px)
disappointed.gif
2MB, 360x443px
>>890941
its not just a few dollars though, its literally a tenth of the price

but i guess its what i get for asking advice on 4chan. one denying the existance of four season tents (flat earth level retardy) and another telling me to get one for a billion bucks (for no compelling reason)

>pic related
>>
>>890971
go for it, but don't be surprised if zippers and seams fall apart after one season. Theres a reason why people buy >$1000 tents, they'll last a life long.
>>
what kind of blankets do you guys have for winter
>>
>>890923
>what is snowload
>what is wind
>just waterproof your tent
If you knew anything about winter camping you'd know some of the most popular tents aren't actually 100% waterproof, waterproof breathable materials work just find since most snow is dry. Water resistance is at the bottom of the list as far as winter features go, the most important thing is something that can't be changed, pole structure and fabric. Most "winter" tents have much stronger and more poles even if they have the same pole design as 3 season tents. dome and tunnel winter tents are specifically made to withstand snow weight and winds that would collapse any other tent.
Op consider the conditions you will be going in, if you expect any wind just keep in mind you'll want to build a snow wall, dig the edges of your tent in, ect. You can definitely get by with a 3 season tent in most places (below the treeline) if you use Deadman anchors, dig your tent in and fully guy out your tent.
>>
What about just bringing a tarp, use that over your tent, hung in a way that snow rolls off.

Worst case scenario your tarp falls down, and then you know to get up and start clearing snow.
>>
Try Bergans, they are a Norwegian tent maker, tents for arctic conditions, good quality, half the price of a Hilleberg.
>>
>>890923
Retards like you are a meme.
>>
>>891078

Take it you're buttmad because you purchased a "4 season" tent. Buyers remorse so obvious.
>>
Can I ask something? What if I bought a 3 season tent that was fairly rugged...I don't know what yet. In the winter time you replace the poles with something more rigid...is this a better alternative?
What are some top 3 season tents for around 400?
>>
>>891218
Honestly for 400$ you could get a lightweight tarp tent or something for light 3 season and use the 300$ left to get a bomber winter tent
>>
>>891218
Honestly for 400$ you could get a lightweight tarp tent or something for light 3 season
and use the 300$ left to get a bomber winter tent.
But as far as light end 3 season tents go I swear by big agnes, I have the copper spur that weighs two pounds. Survived a pct thru hike and if anything goes wrong I'll just send it in and they'll fix or repair it. Keep in mind it was 375$ but I've never looked back, since you'll get years of use out of it.
>>
hey guys im running away from my life, Im going to the coast
any advice? just packed my bag
>>
>>891274
Hmm, seem to have double posted.
Anyway look into NEMO, mountain laurel designs if you're into pyramid style tents, and the msr hubba series. Alot of people don't look into warranties that much but it's super important desu, especially with lightweight designs.
>>
>>891209
LOL no. I only own a 3p tent. However I have spent a good deal of time on glaciers inside hillebergs and I was very glad to be in one. Mountain hardwear trangos are good too.
>>
>>891280
3 season*
>>
>>891275
Is the copper spur not too thin and prone to ripping? I live in bc, canada and i need something that will hold up to higher winds, rocks, and snow... its a lot to ask from a tent. Any suggestions? Honestly the hubba hubba looks oretty good....
>>
File: unnamed (2).jpg (201KB, 851x638px)
unnamed (2).jpg
201KB, 851x638px
the only tents I recommend are by Lightheart Gear
pic related, muh Solong 6
>>
File: gc.jpg (436KB, 2316x1596px) Image search: [Google]
gc.jpg
436KB, 2316x1596px
bibler (now black diamond) ahwahnee
around 7 lbs.
>>
>>892382
>7lbs
Anon...
>>
>>892414
6 lb 15 oz
http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/4-Season-Tent-Reviews/Black-Diamond-Ahwahnee
>>
File: kim.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
kim.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>892382
>single wall
>7lbs / 3.2kg
>single wall
>>
Wait why the fuck do you even need a tent in the winter? As a Finn I always just dig away some snow, rig up a tarp and make some snow walls around. You don't need a tent in the winter, there aren't any mosquitoes.
>>
>>892506
>single wall
and?
like its a bad thing.
i actually like how the frost tickles my nose when the wind blows.
far more than packing even more weight in winter time.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.