[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience with these sombitches? Camping in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

File: featured-feral-hog-620x330.jpg (68KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
featured-feral-hog-620x330.jpg
68KB, 620x330px
Anyone have any experience with these sombitches?

Camping in a couple weeks in southern Illinois and it's really the only animal I've been told I should be worried about.

Also, this can a be a general thread for your experiences with aggressive animals innawoods.
>>
File: New-Zealand-Wild-Boar-Hunting.jpg (113KB, 612x459px) Image search: [Google]
New-Zealand-Wild-Boar-Hunting.jpg
113KB, 612x459px
>>890292
come to NZ brah
>>
>>890299
I thought NZ was free of every kind of dangerous animal? Or is it just snakes?
>>
They are really only dangerous if you have dogs with you. They might come to your camp and dig around looking for food but other than that not much to worry about.

I knife hunt them every year and it's always a good time.
>>
>>890292
Theyre just fucken pigs you pussy. Bitch ass 12 year olds wrestle them all day long. Shoot the fat cunt in between the eyes. All you gotta do is slam the little bugger. Shit just jump over it and you neutralize its only attacks.
>>
>>890300
Thats just the magic of angles. That pig is about as big as his arm.
>>
>>890302
They're pretty aggressive.
Some have pretty gnarly tusks.
A lot of them way over 200 lbs.
>>
>>890300
pigs aren't generally dangerous, they'll mainly avoid people. And we have no (threateningly) poisonous snakes or spiders, no predatory animals large enough to pose a threat to a person, great whites down the bottom of NZ but I've never heard of anyone being attacked by one, otherwise few enough sharks to say there aren't any. Also just got best country in the world to live in 2016, suck it world!
>>
>>890305
And Lorde
>>
>>890292
They usually make alot of noises with a pack of them travelling with piglets, stay away from the boars and their piglets and ya fine.

I don't suggest running into them
>>
>>890304
>200kg aggressive pig with knives attached to its face
>do a barrel roll lel
>>
>>890292

They can be really loud when you kill them, and sometimes it seems like they just won't die.
>>
Killed 100s with knife and dogs.

Best to have a gun if you are alone - a big gun. Their hide is think and they are nasty mean fuckers. They will run right at you.
In Texas, I have seen packs of 40+ running full speed wrecking shit in the woods. Good thin the ole 357 and glock 40 is handy - gets em moving in another direction.
>>
>>890299
As a /p/hotographer this kind of shot always makes me roll my eyes.

There's using perspective to get a more dynamic shot and then there's just bullshitting.
>>
I want to go boar hunting so bad, fucking stupid pigs
>>
>>890808
seriously man. Only boar and predator hunting are you encouraged to use an AK or AR. Looks so fun getting wasted cruising in a truck bed kicking up mud and gunning down hogs like sarah palin in an apache helicopter.
>>
>>890292
>Southern Illinois

There aren't any in Southern Illinois, friend.

t. Southern Illinoisian
>>
>>890292
>sombitches
nigger detected
>>
>>890859
Yes... there are.
>>
>>890997
Where did you hear that? I can promise you that there are none.+
>>
>>890997
>t. Pig
>>
>>891111
First result when you google and people hunt them. There probably aren't -many- but there definitely are some that come up from KY or AR.

Also, what part of SoIll are you from?

>>891118
Delete this right now
>>
>>891141
>They come up from KY or AR

They can't, there's a river in the way. Its the same reason we don't get any from Missouri.

We've had people try to release feral hogs in my area and the Conservation police commit full scale genocide against them. I once watched them lock down a farm and eradicate over 100 hogs in one night just to prevent them from spreading.
>>
>>891141
>>891142

Oh, and I'm from Clinton County
>>
>>891142
>They can't, there's a river in the way.

Literally anything can swim across the rivers. I've seen deer come across the Miss like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGUaO5XyRLU

It's how there's black bear and cougar that pass through every now and then. Btw there are a growing number of black bear south of St. Louis so expect those in Illinois within the next 10 years.

Anyway, I think there's some confusion ITT and generally about wild hogs and those mean ass razorbacks.
>>
>>891145
Hmm. Well I can say that I've lived here for 20+ years and I've never heard of hogs in Southern Illinois. Not saying it isn't possible, I just think that they're in such a small amount that I'd worry about coyotes eating me before I had to worry about hogs gutting me.

Also,
>pls no black bear
>>
>>891148
I'm just worried because sometimes ya don't know what's out there, mayne. I've known people from CO who've seen Grizzlies. Crazy stuff happens. I remember when no one took the armadillo thing seriously now I see them just about every summer.

>black bear
Pretty harmless.
>>
>>891149
>I remember when no one took the armadillo thing seriously now I see them just about every summer

That reminds me, back when I was a roofer, we used to do a lot of work in Southern MO, and every time on our way home we'd stop and grab a roadkill armadillo. Well whenever we'd get back into Southern Illinois we'd leave it on the side of the road in our hometown and wait for the local news station to do an article on how armadillos are starting to find there way into Illinois.

Good times.
>>
>>891150
That is... hilarious.
>>
>>891150
that's how you get leprosy
>>
>>890306
Shes kind of shit
She's no kiwi classic like the main man savage
>>
>>891167
Or crowded house
But honestly, the most dangerous animal you'll encounter outdoors in nz is a Bush Maori, and if you throw a pack of Durries in the other direction you have plenty of time to escape
>>
>hiking alone in boar country
>dad concerned for my safety
>dad gives me a giant knife

Thanks, dad.
>>
>>890292
>>890859
They have been spotted in Union County so far and are probably elsewhere.
>>
>>890832
Lmao
>>
I want to go hunt these fuckers, good thing they let you kill as many as you want. In FL (Especially the glade area) There must be a bunch of them.

Would a crossbow fuck one of these guys up?
>>
>me
>innawoods in the UK
>photographer faggot, at a rally
>get there early as fuck to scout prime positions, rally organizers try keep people enclosed cause safety
>I'm sneaking through the woods, road is on the side of a hill and I'm below it running parallel, occasionally popping up to check the angle for photos
>checking angle and hear a branch snap
>"oh shit it's the cops"
>see 4 legs, assume it's a doge
>legs go behind a tree and don't reappear, no owner either
>starting to worry
>see more sets of 4 legs
>now actually worried
>slide silently down the bank a little way and use my big telephoto lens like a scope
>it's a big group of wild boars
>remember the gif of the guy blasting one at point blank with a shotgun and how violent the can be
>have 2 cameras hanging off me so not exactly mobile
>grab a big ass branch and start smashing it against a tree
>boars nope out, I keep the stick for the next mile just in case

Fuck reintroduction programs, stop bringing deadly beasts into the woods, we already won the battle once.
>>
>>890292

They were one if many reasons why I moved from Texas. They destroy so much crap, they breed so fast too. Friend ended up losing a few dogs due to them.

Found the best way to deal with them, is with a AR 10.
>>
Shot two in TN a few years ago. The male weighed 350 pounds. Some great eating. A lot of places consider them a pest that can be hunted year round (like a coyote) so if you're into that and have a decent sized rifle see if you can snag one. Gets the blood pumping a lot more than a deer hunt.
>>
>>894264
A good shot to a good area will do the job.

That being said the best fed boars can have plates that a broad head is no match for.
>>
>>895012
>Some great eating

They actually taste good?
>>
>>890292
don't be such a pussy op, if they come at you man up and knife the fucker then roast its corpse over an open fire like a god damned man
>>
>>895014
Man I have seen videos of people hunting these fuckers with a air rifle, a shot with an arrow would kill one for sure.
>>
>>891148
I worry way more about hogs and feral dogs than black bears. Black bears are babies. Bumped into a few and never an issue and I never really worried. Even with a sow and her cubs. Just be chill, no eye contact and don't freak when they hop up on their hind legs and stand up to see you. Good to go. In Idaho now.... Grizzlies and browns on the other hand.... Those i might poop a little.

>ex-north georgia fag here.
>>
>>895242
yeah duh they're just big wild pigs, i've never tasted one but i guess they tast similar
>>
>>895494
>i've never tasted one

Then you shouldn't talk. They taste like ass especially if they have balls.
>>
I used to go out with my dad and his friends in Hawaii and watch them hunt pig with dogs. I've heard the pigs in the SE aren't good to eat but in Hawaii the meat's pretty tasty. They eat mostly guava and other fruits so they have a nice flavor.
>>
>>895497
Balls are probably not a part you should eat.

Wild meat is supposed to be strong, but if it taste bad, maybe it was rotten?
>>
>>895530
pigs that don't get them removed have a strong sometimes very strong taste.
>>
>>895494
better than farm raised
the meat can be tough, but if you make goulash out of them (takes about 2 hours of boiling) they are very damn fine.
>>
>>895539
this is true you don't want to eat the mature males
>>
>>895530
>Balls are probably not a part you should eat.
Testosterone changes the flavor of meat in about all male animals. This is one of the reasons male animals are castrated in agricultural production, why venison from does is less gamey than bucks, etc.
>>
>>890299
Fuck your forced perspective kiwi
>>
>>890303
You are about as big as my arm
>>
>>895561
This is the number 1 reason to hunt for cannibalism in places like Seattle.
>>
>>890299
If I framed it like that a coffee cup would look huge.
>>
File: 1476546852598.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476546852598.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>895907
I can never stop watching these when they get posted... If you look at the top left you can see one piglet get away.
>>
>>894232
There are feral swine in Illinois. But I lived in Makanda for a 3 years and never saw any. Went camping all the time and never worried about it.
>>
>>895937
>Makanda
Cool seeing someone from around there. I used to live not far, by the reservoir south of Carbondale.
>>
>>895377
only assholes shoot anything bigger than a rabbit with an air rifle. I wouldn't even go that big..
>>
>>895935
and one got stuck under the cage
>>
>>891150
Lol my dad used to do this with sharks in the 80s. Kill a good 4 foot shark out in the ocean and bring it back home and stake it into the creek where he knew it would be seen by people playing in the water. He also used to regularly catch alligators and let them go in the house until my mom threatened to leave him.
Fucker came home with a Burmese Python one day and just left it in my bedroom with a live chicken.
>>
Javalinas here.
>>
>>890859
Same. None in Jackson County, where I hunt.

Also, haven't heard of anyone seeing them in St. Claire or the neighboring counties. (Where I live)
>>
If you see potholes or otherwise really bug up ground all over, you have found where they frequent and should be on guard.

Went camping in the woods in south central Florida last weekend with a friend.

They came at night in great numbers and were getting within 20 ft of our hammocks. Our packs were tied in a tree and we cooked 100 meters+ from camp.

I quietly asked my friend if he was awake so when I went apeshit he didn't brown himself. Then i yelled a lot "fuck off pigs" and "Don't make me get out".

Naturally they fucked off for a bit, but came back. I finally god out of the hammock, mace in one hand, kukuri in other with my headlamp on strobe and chased their little pack away. It was at least 2 large ones with god knows how many little ones squealing and roweling like banshees.

Appearently they came back a third time but i was out like a light when they showed up so my friend just laid there trying not to poo himself.

Waiting until I was up to go poo, said he waited hours to do that. Told em you just have to act like a man and chase them off and if they charge, put a tree between you and the big one and throw rocks / sticks / dirt if needed.

dunno how to greentext so fuck off.
>>
>>899656
Where was that?
>>
>>896691
someone did that at in my school too, but instead of burmese python they shot up the school
>>
>Hunting trip to sweden
>A lot of old guys and 3 young guys myself included
>Snus everywhere
>Hunting western capercaillie
>Going through thick wilderness
>About 20-30 meters between each person
>everyone uses double barreled shotguns
>Hear a loud "SVIN"(pig is ) from the left wing
>The other two young dudes run towards a big rock
> I stand ready as I hear the rumble of a horde coming toward me
>Hear shots as it gets closer
>Look back and see the two young guys trying to climb the rock
>Have to be ready for the pigs
>Hear more shots
>See the ass of the horde 30 meters out on my left
>They ran in between me and my dad (the person on my left)
>he shot two of the piglets(20-40kg) while they ran past him
>Two young dudes have succesfully climbed the rock
>Everyone gather and laugh at the rock climbers
>More snus
>Have great dinner made with the birds shot
10/10 trip. There are a lot of hogs in the area of Sweden we normally hunt in, so you have to be careful with your dogs etc.
>>
>>890292
Carry a big gun
Make sure the right people knows that you're carrying big gun
Shoot the fuckers if you see one
>>
>>890299
What was Jeb doing in New Zealand? The bush is in Australia.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.