[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good sleeping bag brands?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ffff.jpg (43KB, 738x640px) Image search: [Google]
ffff.jpg
43KB, 738x640px
Was looking at this
https://www.amazon.com/Sports-Celsius-Sleeping-Weather-Camping/dp/B000F36TM0/ref=sr_1_4?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1478329137&sr=1-4&keywords=zero+degree+sleeping+bag

Seems good to me, and I like the XXL because I like to keep my legs separated a bit when I sleep. The weight seems a bit much but worth the extra few pounds if it means I can sleep better in the cold.
>>
I have the exact same one. Xxl, same colour and all that shit. It's honestly the warmest coziest thing i've ever slept in. You'll be good for -15°C. A couple problems. It's massive. When they deliver it to you, you look at the size and go "is this a joke?" then you go out and buy an xl size compression sack cuz that's the only size that'll fit the bag (trust me you'll need one for this bad boy). It's still massive. You have to strap it to the top or bottom of your pack. Also it weighs like 8-10lbs. Again, i fucking love this bag but good lord is it bulky.
>>
I use quilts, bags suck. Enlightened equipment makes great quilts
>>
>>889102
>8lbs
you don't plan to trek with this monster right?
>>
>>889319
Just a bit of dispersed camping, but I don't plan on going too many miles away from my car with it. I'm gonna be dragging some of it on a small sled so it's not going to be all on my person. So no trekking.
>>
>>889343
So, you are morbidly obese and plan to sleep 10m away of your car?
>>
>>889102
I have that exact bag. It's great for car camping in the cold. I've been down to about 0 with it and a wool blanket, it was a bit cold, but 15-20 is pretty doable with just the sleeping bag.

It's heavy as fuck, I wouldn't want to carry it.

If you want a warm, light bag, you're going to have to pay some serious coin. I have a couple western mountaineering bags and they are awesome. I have a 20 degree bag that I've taken down to about 20, it was fine. I believe it weighs in right around 3 pounds. I paid ~350 for it.
>>
>>889299
Quilts continue to demand dubs, once again I'm shilling for hammockgear and aegismax quilts depending on your price/quality concerns.
>>
I have a Cabela's 3D 0°F Mummy Sleeping Bag. I live in Alaska and figured since I hunt and camp in the winter I would get a nice toasty bag. It kinda sucks unless it's 50 below outside. It's really hot and I mainly use an Alps sleeping bag liner and a wool blanket now. I would not get a bag rated at 0 degrees.
>>
>>889102
I think its funny listening to people talk about 0 degree sleeping bags. Down here around the equator... Its about impossible to find a sleeping bag or system that doesn't turn you into a human baked potato. I'm personally been designing and crafting up my own sleeping systems for hot climates... Think ive figured it out. But scaling it down to manageable sizes hasnt exactly been ezpz.
>>
>>889724
sleep system for hot climates? are you retarded? that's called a hammock
>>
>>880651
What do you guys think?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.