[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiya /out/! I just moved into an apartment with a fireplace and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: the last gogurt.jpg (34KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
the last gogurt.jpg
34KB, 500x496px
Hiya /out/! I just moved into an apartment with a fireplace and I'd love to have a nice cozy crackling fire this winter but I've never started one before, can you help me?
>>
What does an apartment have to do with /out/? Put some dryer lint into a ball and place it into your fireplace. Place small twigs over it in a teepee shape with slightly thicker (finger width) sticks over it about 9 inches long. Take your fire starter and scrape it with your knife so that the sparks land on the lint and ignite it. Gently blow until the sticks are on fire. Gradually add larger wood to it until you get up to the size you want to be burning.
>>
>>888639
I didn't know what other board to ask about starting a fire. Don't you guys like to do campouts and stuff? Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>888648
Just don't use liquid fuel to ignite it or anything stupid and keep the temperature in a good zone so creosote doesn't start building up bad in the chimney. I mean crumble up newspaper, paper, cardboard, anything. Get some smaller kindling and put it on top, light paper or whatever. get sticks going, add larger wood. It's all basically the same. The only thing that changes is for outdoors you may not have the right stuff and have to make due if you don't prepare.
>>
>>888648
People here are gonna sperg out and yell at you for not living in some mud hut in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>888648
/diy/
>>
Only heat you'll get off a fireplace is from splitting the wood. Get a wood stove, pleb.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.