[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

your favorite way to cook while /out/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: camp-fire-cook.jpg (153KB, 783x987px) Image search: [Google]
camp-fire-cook.jpg
153KB, 783x987px
I'm in the market for some /out/ cookware. Should I get a stove and fuel and mess kit or just use fire and bring a mess kit?

Can you fagg/out/s recommend some good mess kits that are lightweight and compact?

also general cooking shit....
>>
File: 1467917672005.png (3MB, 1348x5196px) Image search: [Google]
1467917672005.png
3MB, 1348x5196px
Pic related is all; you need to know.
>>
File: IMGP0709.jpg (680KB, 2048x1355px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0709.jpg
680KB, 2048x1355px
I don't car camp but I also don't thruhike camp. I hoofcamp. As such I'm able to lug fresh foods and a campfire grate with me and it makes for delicious roast beast. When I do long hikes I just bring some dry Knorr pasta and shit like that to cook up with my Stanley pot.
>>
It depends. "Just" a mess kit also requires firewood, while a propane stove just needs propane and the stove. When I have room I do prefer a campfire, though. Can't beat the taste of hardwood smoke IMO.

Any outdoor store will sell a good-enough mess kit and an extra pot and pan.
>>
I use a trangia. Light, wind proof, quick.
>>
Depends on where and what I'm doing, most reliably I use a canister stove (Primus trail classic) but I do like cooking on an open fire if it's an option.

That's the how, as for the what I don't really like mountain house or MRE stuff so I try to use a mix of fresh and instant ingredients. If it's a short trip I'll bring more fresh stuff like eggs, vegetables, fruit, etc. Cured meats and hard cheeses are always a nice addition, too.

I don't really have a mess kit per we, but I have a GSI stainless bottle cup and an msr stainless pot that are my go-to vessels most of the time.

If I'm car camping (GASP!) I have a griddle and wok I'll bring too.
>>
>>886939
spitroast some chick on a faggot
>>
File: geo_geeps.png (23KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geo_geeps.png
23KB, 261x195px
>>886983
anon pls
>>
>>886942
Wow that was helpful, thanks anon. Where's the other parts? It says part 1?
>>
If I'm just doing an overnight camping trip, I'll stop at Subway or something after work. Bring a sub and maybe a little bit of trail mix or something to snack on. Last trip I brought a 12 inch philly cheese sub and a bag of bbq sun chips.

When I'm going on an actual 2-3 day hiking trip, I'll bring plenty of small snacks and meals. Something I can eat quickly like trail mix, candy bars, etc. Then I'll have a Mountain House meal or something for Dinner.

If I'm going camping with the family in a typical campground, I don't even really care to plan. I can leave and go to McDonald's and come back.

If I'm on a hunting trip I do once or twice a year, I take my ATV and can carry a lot more. I typically got a cooler full of snacks, chips, food, etc.

I don't ever carry a stove or mess kit or anything because I never really bring food that needs to be prepared.
>>
If I'm car camping, steak potatoes and corn. If i'm backpacking usually some sort of stew and biscuits.
>>
>>886939

>how to set your hair on fire: the image
>>
>>887015
No clue, that one is the only one I have.
>>
I bought an MSR Whisperlite from a UK-based camping supply store. The low pound to the Aussie dollar made is a reasonably priced purchase. Can't wait to try out in western Tasmania.
>>
>>886939
Any more pics of her, preferably fucking? It's for scientific purposes.
>>
>>887135
Nah you desperate faggot, just go to /gif/ or something, this chick has no ass anyways... Just some random picture I found on google image.
>>
File: 86134227.jpg (395KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
86134227.jpg
395KB, 600x600px
>>886939
this picture is unfair. in addition she is barefoot. dat feel when you never will find a fitting /out/fu
>>
File: 20130504_191803.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20130504_191803.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>886939

Can baked beans, boiled new potatoes, ribeyes.
>>
File: IMG_3376.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3376.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>887546
my /out/fu, camping in bigsur this past may/june

on our trip we just brought some really old mini propane stove; if you're going to a touristy place like big sur make sure to overstock on canned foods and water and whatnot otherwise have fun emptying your wallet on a days worth of food
>>
>>887037
>how to step on a loose ember or smoldering stick and ruin a trip
>>
>>887927

My nigga. I eat a ribeye every night i camp no matter what.
>>
Do you guys ever eat military MREs? If I were to go /out/ I would bring a bunch of those, and canned food that I could lay on some hot coals as well.
>>
>>887939
Cowtitted androgynous fattie/10. Is she a fish bucket?
>>
>>886939
my favorite way? foil packs I can throw in the fire and eat personal stew from. but that is only for 2 nighters.

yes you should invest in a 30 dollar stove (15 from chink ebay) for longer trips. and use it mainly for boiling water.

because scraping fire ash off a pot is far worse than carrying an isobutane can.
>>
>>886939
who is this C-man D-man?
>>
File: hobostove.jpg (219KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hobostove.jpg
219KB, 640x480px
An old coffee can is all you need.
>>
>>887544
how do you find these kinds of pictures?
im with google and we seek to improve our algoritms
>>
>>888093
Not op, but try chick cooking outdoors or smtng.. Jesus
>>
>>888156
im not really interested in the cooking part senpai
>>
>>888042
>>888093
Gsus you guys don't quit. I'll admit I lied, I don't use google. I literally just searched "camp cook" in DuckDuckGo and scrolled down until I saw the bitch. I have no idea who she is and frankly don't think she is very attractive. Just thought it would be good clickbait. gtf/out/ here faggots
>>
>>888031
none of that was necessary anon sounds like it's coming from a place of resentment

also i didn't ask for a rating especially from bear gryll's mongoloid stepson
>>
>>888180
Sexy clickbait pictures are a bad idea because it always attracts brain dead mongos who just want to fap or angry neckbeards that want to complain about women being /out/.

Something to keep in mind for the future.
>>
>>888031
rude

>>888181
>>887939
anon never post pictures of people you care on the chan, hell not even on the internet at all.
>>
>>888063
Do you just use little sticks and constantly feed it or do you take a chunk of red hot glowing wood and place it in there to glow for a while?
>>
>>888031
somebody is jealous that they don't got a /out/fu to keep em warm at night
>>
>>888215
fuck, this whole board is just virgin mongos and neckbeards...
>>
File: gsi-outdoors-pinnacle-dualist.jpg (24KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
gsi-outdoors-pinnacle-dualist.jpg
24KB, 500x387px
anyone have pic related or similar?

this is what I'm looking at for weekend trips for 2. yay or nay?
>>
File: (you).jpg (198KB, 3000x1688px)
(you).jpg
198KB, 3000x1688px
>>888263
>Cornelius says as he furiously hides his 32 piss bottles and anime pillows so that only 4 piss bottles and the framed tribute picture of his classmate show when he takes a picture for a battlestation thread before saying

"Fucking virgins and nerds, M'lady"
>>
>>888063

Could I use this to heat my shed? It's a small shed (not a cuckshed so no one go there) but I go out to read and just sit in silence or smoke my pipe and in the winter it gets cold.
>>
>>888276
I used to have an empty coffee can I would fill with sticks broken up from pencil sized to thumb sized and burn in my fort as a kid. It kept me decently warmer than outside temperatures but the smoke became an issue when it would start to go out or just starting. Also if you add any wax to watch it get bigger and last longer, don't throw water on it to put it out. Bye bye fort. It burst into a huge flame and splattered flaming wax coated sticks around.
>>
>>888282

Great story. I usually keep the shed door open and sit next to it since I can watch my dog or the stars and stuff. I don't think the smoke will be too much of an issue and hopefully it will heat my immediate vicinity.
>>
>>888266
My girlfriend has containers that look about like that. They're pretty handy.
Those fold-up sporks look like they could get annoying but I've never used them so... who knows? They might be perfect.
>>
>>888268
cool story bro
>>
>>888266
I recognize that product. It's ideal in terms of weight and usefulness but it's way overpriced from where i've seen it. Check amazon first homie
>>
>>888266
Yea, verily. I have a similar one from Walmart, ozark trail 10-piece easy storing camp cook set. Link related https://www.walmart.com/ip/49332887
>>
>>888292
Yeah I would have some other cutlery, those looks like trash.
>>888551
It's like $65 on amazon, find anything cheaper?
>>888565
I don't fuck with wally world. But i appreciate teh helps
>>
>>886951
>Can't beat the taste of hardwood smoke IMO.

I can't agree more. I look forward to eating hearty and delicious meals while /out/
Even if that means extra stuff that is part of the reason I like camping. I'm not an ultra light speed freak. I never understood that.
>>
>>887939
w2c sweater
>>
Cast iron pot is all I have ever brought and it has done its job every time.
>>
>>886939
the thumbnail made it look like a pair of siamese twins
i was disappointed to find out that wasn't the case
>>
>>888266
have the same one, its actually a very handy bit of kit BUT

i ditched it because i ended up actually using all of it and having to clean 5 containers innawoods sucks
>>
>>890978
What do you use now?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.