[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some people to /out/ with.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: lead by Odin.jpg (219KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
lead by Odin.jpg
219KB, 1000x667px
My friends are pussies and don't want to go hiking/ camping on anything other than a perfect sunny day. Who lives in Maine and wants to join me on my outings?
>>
File: IMG_0044.jpg (165KB, 1036x777px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0044.jpg
165KB, 1036x777px
I have this problem in MA. I've cajoled them a couple times to go out in the frigid snowy horror but they don't enjoy it at all. I think it's the bee's tits.

Here they are falling about by the riverbank. They hated it. I broke my camera that night too, but replaced it with a weather sealed rugged Pentax. Good times.
>>
>>885883
Nice photo edit haha. I'll probably start asking some of the randoms in my college's outing club. There's got to be someone else here who gets it like you and I do.
>>
File: IMGP4949.jpg (116KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP4949.jpg
116KB, 1000x663px
>>885888
Being outdoor in the winter weather is so primally foreboding and alien, and yet so peaceful and beautiful, that I find it irresistible. But yeah, that sounds like a good place to start looking.
>>
Look for huts or yurts available in the winter. Hopefully with <5 miles approach. If it's soft snow a long approach will drain people too much. Having a wood fired stove to warm up around after a ski/snowshoe will get you a lot more partners.
>>
>>885864
man, I'd love to tromp around maine. I live in stupid rockies though.
>>
>>886018
I'm in CO, where you at?
>>
>>885883
I also live in MA and own a white body Pentax....

>>885864
Depending on where you wanna go /out/, I'd be down. I live outside of Boston and wouldn't mind driving up north for an adventure
>>
>>886388
I was planning on doing some hikes/ camping this winter out west near Kibby Mt. and Tumbledown Mt.
>>
>>886388
>I also live in MA and own a white body Pentax....
A-are you me? That's litchrally the camera I bought.
>>
Bring Pepsi with. Only deal is don't bring him back.
>>
>>886559
mind your manners anon
>>
>>886583
goes to >>886563 of course
>>
>>886559
I live in northern Wisconsin and use my K-50 when I /out/ too.
>>
File: IMGP5193.jpg (157KB, 1230x814px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP5193.jpg
157KB, 1230x814px
>>886615
Ever taken it out in legit rain or dust storm or anything? I've gotten the thing soaked in the pouring rain a few times and it's been totally fine. Don't fret over it in the rain anymore, I just don't even think about it now. Same with being out in the freezing cold.

It's hard to make a big purchase and not have even the slightest buyer's remorse over some detail you wish was different, but I really don't in this case. The K-50 was absolutely 100% the right choice for /out/.

https://youtu.be/sXv2HTQCK6k
>>
>>886620
I took mine with me to New Mexico last year and got caught on top of a mesa by a wind storm that turned into a dust storm that turned into a rain storm that turned into flooding. I still find dust in my shit from time to time but that camera held out fucking great. I just wish I had gotten the 135mm lens when I got mine.

I take my shit hunting and fishing all year round and it always performs.
>>
>>886661
Wow, that sounds pretty intense. I haven't taken the camera out in such chaos but I would! I got the kit with the 18-55mm and 50-200mm lenses, which is fine for me. Kind of a pain in the dick from time to time to choose and switch etc., but with those two I have myself covered for pretty much everything I need.
>>
>>886559
>>886664

I'm >>886388, and yup, got the white body K-50 with wide angle and tele kit lenses. There was a photography thread on here a while back and a bunch of anons were recommending the K-50. I take my camera when I hike and kayak so the weatherproofing aspect sold me. I'd love to one day get either a fish eye or ultra wide angle lens, just so it's easier to get panoramic shots. Stitching them by hand is so annoying.
>>
>>886474
Shoot me an email-- scoutxmas2015 at Gmail dot com

Easier to talk/coordinate that way maybe?
>>
>>886813
Noice. I was probably in that thread suggesting it as well! I also want a wide angle lens but shit's expensive
>>
Pentax anons,
i have a k200 and a shitton of nice film-era lenses
so nothing weather sealed
thinking about getting the wr kit but there is a dal and a da version of it
which offers better performance?
>>
>>886884
idunno. a quick google search indicates the DAL lenses are cheaper... dunno what that entails. you should ping B&H about it, they know all kinds of info
>>
>>886884
The DAL lenses are the kit version.

DAL and DA are optically the same, but DAL comes with a plastic mount, no hood and no Quick Shift focus (which is why it's cheaper/the kit lens).
>>
>>886907
>>886921
ah okay thanks

i will just get the one i can get cheapest then
>>
>>886927
>i will just get the one i can get cheapest then
generally the smahtest option anyway, unless you have money you really want to burn
>>
>>885864
Hey OP If you want a crazy camping friend then I'm your guy. I'm always up for doing things on a whim, you dont even have to notify me before hand. Chances are i'l already be camping anyway..

I study university and live in a tent in a nearby forest, I'm that crazy. But its worth it because I have a warm shower at uni anyway.

Okay.

Il come with you camping as long as you like! We can hunt and stuff..Do some rocky balboa shit.

All you gotta do is buy me a plane ticket to america from England. Sounds like a good deal to me :)
>>
>>885888
where you at my man?
>>
>>886948
What do ya mean bud? Im right here
>>
File: shy_boy_efzxmp.jpg (45KB, 325x487px) Image search: [Google]
shy_boy_efzxmp.jpg
45KB, 325x487px
>>887209
I think he wants your address
>>
>>886948
>>887215
That would make too much sense. I'm at the University of Maine
>>
Ohio anon here. I too am looking for people to /out/ with.

Hunting/fishing/kayaking/hiking/climbing are primarily what we do. Would love to get some like minded people together for some /out/ings.
>>
Missouri here

65301 if anyone is up for something
>>
>>885883
>jeans in snow
Fucking normies are so retarded.
>>
>>889298
it was just an overnight breh but yes. I had proper ski pants with fleece silvers, but they don't really own that kinda stuff. They aren't very /out/ †bh, but they're good sports.
>>
>>887223
orono? farmington?
>>
File: SAM_3689.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_3689.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
I'll do a day hike with any of y'all if you make it to Acadia. I work too much to get off the island.
>>
>>889525
Orono
>>
>>890553
bawls, im in farmington. good shit out here bruh
>>
>>890769
Damn, ya you guys are a stones throw from some great /out/doors
>>
>>886615
Madison here. Any suggestions for winter camping in northern Wisconsin?
>>
canadian ottawa but i would show ina sec bud
>>
Hey guys, im from Cardiff.
anyone close?
willing to hitch hike a bit
>>
>>891054
Used to live in the midwest. Its not in WI but not real far. Superior Natl Forest, specifically the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness is exquisite during winter. Very cold, be prepared.
>>
>>891054
The Northern Highland American Legion state forest is awesome and a lot of their sites offer great winter camping. Otherwise the Chequamegon-Nicolet NF has good places too (although ive only been to the nicolet unit).
>>
>>885888
If you're in Delaware I'll go with you.
>>
any of you boys ever find your way to missouri hmu we could hit the ozarks
>>
north Carolina here
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.