[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a rooftop "den"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: roof view.jpg (477KB, 1461x822px) Image search: [Google]
roof view.jpg
477KB, 1461x822px
I recently found that the lock on a fire escape near my house in London has rusted off, and so it is now very easy to get to the roof of this 6 storey building by climbing some steps and a couple of ladders. The roof is mostly flat with a chimneystack in the corner, and has a hot air vent which makes it comfy and warm even in the winter.

I want to somehow set up the place so that, in dry weather, I can take the trip up to the roof and study physics (my chosen subject) up there, in a comfy environment with a nice view and away from the distractions of home.

So I'm trying to think of what things I'll need to make it comfy up there. So far I have:
>portable whiteboard to tape to chimneystack to do work on
>whiteboard pens
>rug or mat to sit on, the same kinda thing hobos have
>some sort of weatherproof object to hold files and papers in
>maybe a portable heater or light source

So my question is twofold.
1) Can you think of anything else that would be good to have there? It either needs to be portable enough for me to bring it there every time, or weatherproof+cheap enough for me to not care if it gets stolen.

2) What kind of weatherproof mats and light sources are available, and where can I get them from for a reasonable price?
>>
just drop a skid on it, set up a sent on top of it so you don't get wet feet.

done.
>>
>>885681
Congrats on your find OP. Firstly I'd suggest you ensure your cosy hideaway stays secret - you mentioned there was a rusted lock? Replace it with a similar one of your own. It would act as a deterrent to kids/vandals/homeless and also would hopefully mean the security breach goes unnoticed by the buildings caretaker.

As for what to take up... up to you really, as you say it should be waterproof but possibly a bigger consideration will be the wind.

It would be perfect if there was a rooftop plant room you could gain access to.
>>
File: roofview2.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
roofview2.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>885699

Good call on the new lock. Will do.

I haven't noticed the wind being a huge problem, because there are taller buildings next door that shield my roof somewhat, but then again I have only been there twice so maybe I've just been lucky with the weather so far.

Unfortunately theres no plant room or any similar kind of overhead shelter available. Its just a flat roof with an electrical box, an airvent and a small railing.

>>885696

What do you mean by this?
Sorry, I don't do much /out/doorsy stuff, I'm not clued in on the lingo or whatever.
>>
File: aan-de-slag-met-een-pallet.gif (70KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
aan-de-slag-met-een-pallet.gif
70KB, 500x291px
>>885708
one of these.
>>
>>885729

Oh yeah. I think theres actually one of those in the alley underneath the roof, conveniently. I'll see if I can haul it up the ladders with a rope or something next time I go
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.