[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: pandas.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
pandas.gif
2MB, 320x240px
absolute baby here. going to be going to college soon. what are some decent /out/ jobs and what should i go for to get the,?
>>
Like just being outside? I got a Geology degree and I'm doing some Materials Testing and drilling...I'm outside everyday traveling, on salary, and don't even work 30hours a week.
Living an easy one
>>
>>884114
what area are you in?
>>
Park ranger maybe.
>>
>>884109
Wildlife biologist here. Do apex predator research, right now wolves in the north west and Alaska.

Shit's cash as far as /out/ goes but the pay isn't all that. Could make a good bit more working for a forestry company or even a state WS but working for a uni let's me do whatever I want wherever I want.
>>
Get a job at an /out/ store and sneak stuff out. Free gear.
>>
>>885114
The pro deals you get from working at a decent gear store are staggering. Big name brands at below wholesale.
>>
>>885066
That's really cool, where'd you go to school for that?
>>
park ranger would be pretty fun if you get the right park you might be able to do nothing a lot of the time.
>>
How memeish are the online forestry degrees? Will they get you into a forestry job or will the employers laugh at you?

Im seriously thinking of doing an online school for it because there arent any schools close by that offer forestry as a major.

Or should i apply as a forest tech and work my way up?
>>
Didn't even go to college.

Worked at Target distribution center starting at 19. 23 now and supervisor. Work 3 nights a week 12 hours and make $53K a year training newbies and making sure people don't steal shit. Still live with parents and own a camper in a campground I'm at every week fishing and hiking.

Can't think of a college degree that would pay more while giving me 4 days off a week to do what I want. Sure you could go Park Ranger or something but that's very selective and a degree alone won't get you that. Will need years of military or police officer experience as well.

My advice is to only go to Uni because you want to, not because you think you have to. Student loans is stupid tax for millennials. Next time you laugh at Mr. Baby Boomer spending $50 on lotto tickets calling it stupid tax, remember you're paying $20K a year for a degree you don't want but think you need.
>>
Man I am looking for something similar. I want to move away from Miami in a few years and go to a new state where I can have /out/door adventures but I don't know what career or job I can get. If I could get land for cheap I would love to have several acres and grow nice little groups and maybe my own bud.
>>
>>885066

My father use to be a guide in Alaska (he passed away), use to take researches out all the time. Went on a few trips to help be mule and camp hand. My god, all of you bitch so fucking much. For being researchers in animals, you think half of you would know what the fuck to do around them...when we have our safety talk about said animals, almost half of them think it's okay to run from bears and shit when they stumble upon them.

Best story is when one of the newbies got scared when he heard twigs snapping in the bush...Fucker accidently sprayed himself with bear spray inside his tent. Which is why we never let them carry a gun, unless they were able to prove they knew how to use it (which like 90% dont)

You all might be book smart, pretty much all researchers lack common sense.
>>
>>886702
there aren't any. i went into mechanical engineering, and after i graduated (took 4 years, many people take 4.5 to 5 years) the only calls back i was getting were for shit contract positions with no benefits that paid ~40k/year.
>>
>>884109
Skip college.
Go to trade school.
Get into underwater welding
Travel the world
Make $80-200k/year
School cost is abot 25k
9months of school
>>
File: 1436467169473.jpg (146KB, 654x539px) Image search: [Google]
1436467169473.jpg
146KB, 654x539px
>>888548
This. Uni is shit. Been there done that.

t. welder
>>
>>888548
>Get into underwater welding

Don't they have the highest mortality rate? Especially when concerned with drowning. At least having your body get sucked through a dime-sized hole will be more instantaneous than drowning to death.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.