[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>30€ Why is Mora suddenly trying to jew us out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 16

File: eldris2.jpg (188KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
eldris2.jpg
188KB, 1500x1000px
>30€
Why is Mora suddenly trying to jew us out?
>>
>>884073
Because people still buy it.
>>
>can't order knives from outside the country
>in country, only one store sells Mora at about 4 times the price of it on Amazon
And it's not like I can buy something else because they are all 4 times more expensive too. I don't fucking get it.
I've a massed a fairly sizeable Opinel collection since it's the only thing not monstrously overpriced here.
>>
>>884254

Do some countries just have shitbag knife supplies/laws/whatever (no need to mention UK and their butter knife bans;P)? I can only vaguely relate by having to buy electronics in New Zealand and their computer store was like 5years behind the times.
>>
>>884266
I don't know why it's like it is. I live in Israel and importing laws are very strict for a few very specific things. You're also not allowed to do something like go into a mall with your Leatherman, even though you can just buy a Leatherman inside the mall.
>>
>>884269
> You're also not allowed to do something like go into a mall with your Leatherman
Shit hey, in my country something like a Leatherman is one of the few things you can legally justify carrying.
>>
>>884351
>>884269
>Living in a shithole
Weew la git good
>>
>>884269
Kill off all the fucking Palestinians already and you could have all your freedom back.
>>
>>884351

Damn. That sucks a shit ton.

Love living in a place where I can carry a gun (G26 G4) and a fixed blade (Izula 1) on the daily, no fucks are given.
>>
>>884385
>Implying you would not fight back if someone tried to steal your land
Yeah muzzies are utter shit but still kikes stealing doesn't make it better.
>>
>>884073
Watch your mouth you fucking nazi faggot.
>>
>>884073

Probably the stores are Jewing you

I bet they get them just as cheap as they always do

And if you can't order online due to laws, they know you have to pay higher if you want one
>>
Swede here

https://www.statista.com/statistics/274326/big-mac-index-global-prices-for-a-big-mac/

things in general are expensive here
>>
>>884446

>things in general are expensive here

Swede here, things cost a few krona more but it's worth it to be a model progressive country. Next time instead of selfly eating junk food try donation to a good cause
>>
>>884478
I don't know what is bait or what is true anymore.
>>
File: dirtyjew.jpg (38KB, 450x296px) Image search: [Google]
dirtyjew.jpg
38KB, 450x296px
>>884405
>>
>>884266
>no need to mention UK and their butter knife bans;P

As a non brit you are have no frame of reference, douchebag. No we can't carry locking knives, but we can carry MOST things as long as we have justification.

Do I ever need my khukri on the streets of Glasgow? No. Do I need it when out inna? Yes. And I can carry it for that justification.
>>
>>884518
>having to justify a knife

You guys are so cucked it is legitimately not funny. I can carry a firearm almost everywhere and no one even thinks twice about a knife. Even Carrying a large fixed blade is legal openly. concealed With permit is legal in other states.
>>
File: 2ec.png (497KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
497KB, 600x580px
>>884518
>as long as we have justification
You can't make this shit, and the worst thing is that you guys are ok with this.
>>
>>884526
>>884540

trump voters detected
>>
File: 1463934145067.jpg (73KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
1463934145067.jpg
73KB, 600x597px
>>884552
Mfw i realize esoteric trumpianism now dominates every board
>>
>>884518

haha stay mad britbro
>>
>>884073
that's a cheap one for 30 the bushcraft/tac line goes for 60-100
>>
>>884518
>justification
Cause I got a dick?
>>
>>884518
>need
>>
File: 1465411410969.jpg (116KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1465411410969.jpg
116KB, 890x890px
>>884405
> Watch your mouth you fucking nazi faggot.
Nazis dont exist anymore, just because people start noticing (((coincidences))) <- notice you cant spell without "coin" (praise kek) doesnt make them part of a long gone political party
>>
File: 1459019203897.jpg (52KB, 639x803px) Image search: [Google]
1459019203897.jpg
52KB, 639x803px
>>884552
>>884518

Euro-butthurts detected. Go back to Tyrone's, your wife's boyfriend is probably done with her by now.
>>
Because you are consumerists. Has nothing to do with the Jews. Stop freely shilling up the price of babby first knife tier quality. Poor people are their own enemy.
>>
>>884518
only problem is the cop will decide if your justification is good enough or not. and they will decide it's not since a butter knife is a lethal weapon. you don't need a khukri out there you terrorist!
>>
>>884883
It's a joke of an island. They banned zombie tools because of the fucking name for fucks sake.

>>884810
Eh I'm an euro and I can carry and love my knives, so fuck you. Uk is not the entire continent. And many US states too have restrictions about what you can carry.
>>
>>884895
poland still has the best knife laws.
>>
>>884073
Popularity, once every YouTube douchebag started to talk about how they are worth three times the cost Mora figured out that they can make small gimmicky changes and raise the price

Don't buy anything but the basic models
>>
>>884904
Amen kurwa.
>>
File: 12012776.jpg (86KB, 798x598px) Image search: [Google]
12012776.jpg
86KB, 798x598px
41,95 EUR
>>
>>885071

adorable
>>
>>884390
But in the end of things. Look who is going to act more civilized...
>>
>>884266
> UK and their butter knife bans
why don't they just slap a 15 or 30 penalty on for assault with any knife instead of just banning them because of a few retards.
>>
>>884518

>Do I ever need my khukri on the streets of Glasgow?

Fuck yes you do kek
>>
>>885155
You know as you metion that. I wonder what the reasonable thought in the uk is on traveling with tools or knives. For example I ride a motorcycle. Im not gonna leave my 60 dollar paranag strapped to it so anyone can just walk off with it. Now I can either strap it to my belt or my bag. Normally my bag. If you're going for a stop for a meal in a uk town. Are the police gonna give you shit for a machete hanging off your pack (in a scabbard tho)?

Ive always assumed yeah they would because british police seem like huge tools with not enough to do.
>>
>>885166
You would almost definitely have a problem.

I was detained by cops on the tube on the way back from Chamonix, because I had an ice axe strapped to my bag, with a rubber head cover.
>>
>Garberg
>$86.74

>Heavy Duty
>$14.00
>>
>>886082

Yeah, pretty funny

The Companion pretty much has a full tang by all intents, and combined with the rigid handle, you aren't going to pop the tang out of the handle no matter how much you baton it
>>
>>886082
lot's of retards were saying:
"if only mora was full tang i would get it instead i have to buy this $300 knife that is full tang"
not you have it morons, what too expensive?
>>
>>886151
>too expensive?
*not worth it
>>
>>886186
no arguments there, just consider whom it was made for.
>>
>>885166

If you're in the Uk, you don't need a fucking parang you idiot, much less strapped to your bike / belt.

That's what's strange about you murricans, it's just the size / quantity of knives and guns, you never stop to think about why
>>
>>884487
It's not bait, liberal SJW's really believe this shit.
>>
>>884518

With all those refugees, you might as well need your kukri.
>>
>>886672
Forget a kurki, you'll need a flemmenwerfer to werf flemmen at the muzzies
>>
Just got the eldris. It's cute as fuck. It's a little thick for a neck knife, though. (not impossible, just thicker than I'd like.) The ergonomics and grind and overall aspects are great. And again, it would be very high on my dawwwww cute knife list.
>>
>>886376

>you don't need one

I don't know

If you're attacked by some immigrants in the street, I'm sure it'd come in handy

It's not likely to happen, but it's possible
>>
>>884073

Cause they know you retards will buy it.
>>
>>886376
"Muskets and pen knives" the post.

Does a 5 inch blade kill someone any dead-er than a 2.5" one? Does a thumbstud knife deploy just as fast as a balisong? Stop getting caught up in how you perceive something vs. what it objectively is. A sharpened piece of metal is just that, I could just as easily stab someone to death with a long screwdriver as I could a locking blade "tactical" knife.

And what if I want to trim my god damn hedges with a parang machete instead of clippers. I should be able to do so and I should be allowed to carry that in public. I had a similar issue with an do worker from New York - he couldn't wrap his head around the idea of carrying CCW pistol with it LOADED, like it was some crazy idea and people should be walking around with unloaded guns or something. It's just how he grew up, he was so used to that being a restriction that it was insane to do otherwise. You Brits are no different- the idea that you have to rationalize carrying a tool, split hairs about what is percieved as "more dangerous", all over something that should be a given right is something you need to stop and think why about. You are so used to being restricted that anyone excercising more freedom is insane to you, when really you are just brainwashed and couldn't defend your position logically if you tried. Get your fucking freedom back and then we can talk.

t. nogunz carrying an Opinel
>>
>>886151
A decent carbon steel full tang knife is about 50 bucks.
>>
>>884386
Not trolling, but why would you want to carry a gun on a daily basis? Is it dangerous were you live?
>>
>>887273
maybe some condors shit.
>>
>>887469
no but he really wants it to be
>>
>>885077
This is a really good point. I dont understand brit-cucks.

As an australian who only a few decades ago had a country signified by crocidile dundee with his fucking massive knife culture, it makes me die a little inside when i see british cuckoldery creeping into my society.

I want to move to america, but im waiting to see if hilary wins. If she does, I might as well move to the UK. By the time she is out of office it wont be much different.
>>
File: sad.gif (2MB, 398x284px) Image search: [Google]
sad.gif
2MB, 398x284px
>>888718
Just move to NZ or Canada man, over 9000 times easier to move to a Commonwealth country and yeah modern Straya makes sad panda.
>>
File: 1471476523613.jpg (85KB, 523x355px) Image search: [Google]
1471476523613.jpg
85KB, 523x355px
>>884269
> I live in Israel
Well there's your problem.
Of course everything is more expensive.
>>
>>884405
found the triggered merchant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk1kX-Tdi1Y
>>
>>888728
Does NZ have good gun laws?
I would move there, but I thought it was crap there because so many kiwi's move to AUS then never want to go back.
>>
>>884073

street price is around $22-25. Sure, it's more than the usual $15 people are accustomed to, but you have to be realistic.
Before the economy of scale kicks in and drives down the cost of producing a single unit, it's not going to be as cheap as the companion.

And $25 is hardly a fortune for a knife like the eldris or the kansbol.

Real shame that the garberg doesn't cost $50, because at 80 bucks it's out of it's league.

I have to say - the little thing looks goofy at first, but is really a great crafting knife.
>>
>>884073
Typical Marketing strategy. Enter Market low price, gain market share, raise price to sustainable level.
>>
>>891093
>sustainable level
kekno

try this:
Enter Market sustainable price, gain market share, raise price to harvest exorbitant profits.
>>
>>891093
>>891098

Lol

Mora has been making knives for over a century - that's way too long to employ penetrating/predatory prices.

They've come to be associated with their cheap knives like the companion, which you can get for around $10-15, depending on where you live, and i've even seen a 511 for approx. $2.50. They also had some more expensive models like the bushcraft that people were on the fence about - some people said it was very good, others complained about the price tag, which was around $40, as beeing too high.

Now, their latest models - the kansbol and the eldris have a street price of some 25 dollars, which may be twice what you'd pay for a companion, but it's fair.

Only the garberg costs a crazy 80 bucks (100 initially), byt when you think about it, it's direct competitor is the sog seal pup elite. Granted - if the price was $50, that would make it a very strong contender, while $80 kind of puts it in limbo - much like the seal pup.
May be a misjudgment on mora's part but it's notlike the company has suddenly gone all evil and greedy.
>>
File: profile-ground.jpg (45KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
profile-ground.jpg
45KB, 900x500px
>>884073

I haven't read this whole thread. But I got every one of their new models by now and they are fine. The little guy is very nice because I don't have many knives in that stubby but thick handle format. The full tang one is not some amazing magical thing. The kansbol is really pretty neat with its grind. I haven't put any through their paces yet since they just came out. For all the models I like the new handles and sheaths very much. On visual inspection and gentle testing, Mora did good.

I want them to bring back transparent plastic sheaths though. I hate hunting those down on ebay.
>>
>>891093
>>891157
Not to mention Mora have been making expensive knives alongside their cheap knives the whole time, they've always offered their wood handled exclusive line.
>>
File: 1469406920553.jpg (68KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469406920553.jpg
68KB, 431x450px
>>884254
>a massed
>>
File: 1442720624707.png (2MB, 1000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1442720624707.png
2MB, 1000x3000px
>>884405
:)
>>
>>892994
Read that last line in Nixon's voice.
>>
File: IMG_205566.png (1MB, 500x888px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_205566.png
1MB, 500x888px
Both the Eldris & Kansbol, are great.
>>
>>885077
They did. Surprisingly, people intent on committing crimes don't tend to obey the law anyway. So they resorted to making it slightly inconvenient to buy a knife, because that will solve their problems
>>
>>884919
This. A thousand times this.

I'm the anon arguing that these new, more expensive mora's aren't vastly superior, over in >>>/out/thread/880839
>>
>>893344
Haven't mastered board linking... lemme try again

>>880839
>>
>>884919

this is why we can't have nice things.

Mora makes a knife that doesn't look like shit for once, has a lanyard hole, improved sheath, still costs a meager 22-30 bucks, and morafags be like: "oh no! don't buy these new, improved models, stay loyal to the old crap"

>>893344
no one said they were "vastly" superior - but they are still an improvement over the companion - both aesthetically, and functionally.

I couldn't tell you exactly how Mora arrived at the price tag - the garberg especially feels like it should be a $50 knife, not the $80 it costs now (though being a competitor for the seal pup elite, it does a good job). Eldris has a street price of $22 (the kit is a joke though), and the kansbol is priced the same as the mora 2000 - the most under-rated (and ugliest) old mora, so I really don't see a problem with it.
>>
>>893358

Look, compared to the Companion the Eldris is twice the price but not twice the knife.

This has nothing to do with loyalty to the "old crap" (which I never said btw). It has to do with value.

If you look at Sandvik's datasheet for 12c27
>http://smt.sandvik.com/en/materials-center/material-datasheets/strip-steel/sandvik-12c27/
you'll see that it meets the standard for 420 and 440a. Those are both shit-tier steels. Let that soak in for a second.

12c27 also rusts a lot easier than you would expect. My wife cut some stuff (wet) and put the knife away over night without drying it off and there was a little visible rust the next day.

It's got ok edge retention. Not great though. This is a moderately cheap steel for lower to mid end knives.

On a knife like the Companion it's a great deal. But when you double the price without improving the steel you start losing value. Eldris. When you triple it? Quadruple it? Does double injecting the handle or adding more grinding really add to the usefulness of the knife that much? Are my feather sticks going to burn brighter?

I'm firmly of the belief that these gimmicky changes do not multiply the value. They might increase it somewhat, but not multiply it.
>>
>>893370
Oh, the value is always additive, never multiplicative, but the price is multiplicative.

Suppose it costs 2 dollars to make, and you sell it for 10. Now suppose the manufacturing procesd increases the cost of making one unug by 2 more dollars (new moulds, extra grind, etc.). If you want to keep your profits, you have to double the price (granted, that's simplifying things a bit). The price may yet go down, but those knives came out just a couple of weeks ago.

Most people are not going to use their knives beyond basic stuff, and for those people, a $13 mora companion is perfectly adequate. That doesn't invalidate the idea of paying extra for a "nicer" knife, nor does it make them victims of marketig.

Actually, the eldris does wood carving (crafting) significantly better than a companion, because the smaller blade is more easily controllable - you can index it with your thumb, or work the tip close while putting pressure on the back of the handle, straight in (drilling, making square holes) - things you couldn't do with a companion at all, so it's not a very good comparison.

Frathersticks are not going to burn brighter, but thinner, more curly ones will catch a spark better, and a thinner blade will take less effort to do some things (try push cutting through clamshell packaging for instance).
>>
>>893370
>you'll see that it meets the standard for 420 and 440a. Those are both shit-tier steels. Let that soak in for a second.
12c27 doesn't perform much like 420 or 440a at all, mainly because those are very heavy chromium steels designed around stain resistance, both have very coarse grain and enough chromium that their general toughness is impeded but without the carbon to make them hard - so basically stain resistant steels without much else going for them.
12c27 carries significantly less chromium, hence it's more likely to stain, this also means it doesn't require as much carbon to achieve decent hardness, as an example Mora run their 12c at 57-58, 440a will achieve 56 at best and is usually run below that, 420 even lower. 12c27 also has the advantage of being a low carbide very fine grained steel which makes it tough, at least in the world of stainless.

So whilst 12c27 is no super steel, it's in another league in practical performance compared to 440a or 420 and is one of the better stainless steels for "bushcraft" type work given that it's fairly tough, fine and low carbide.
>>
>>893398

[You're not being practical #1]
>but the price is multiplicative.

That's not a rule. If it were the prices of vehicles would double every year and a new pick up truck in 2016 would cost more than the GDP of the planet to purchase.

What's happened here is simply and truly this: Mora saw a market change and they're simply trying to cash in. Instead of multiplying prices for existing things, which their customers may reject, they're dressing up their product a little differently and charging double because the market will bear it.

[You're not being practical #2]
>nor does it make them victims of marketig.

Paying multiples of the price for small improvements because you think they're more important than they are, well that's practically the definition of being a victim of marketing.

[You're not being practical #3]
And all that stuff you're imagining the Eldris can do but the Companion can not is patently false and you made it up. If you can't, the problem isn't your knife.

[You're not being practical #4]

How easily a firestick lights depends on moisture level more than anything else.

[You're not being practical #5]

Unless you're in drought conditions, it's better to throw a spark onto something even finer than a feather stick, like dried moss or grass or some paper. If you're relying on just your knife you haven't prepared well.

You'd know all this if you practiced your /out/ skills away from a keyboard. Don't parrot someone elses marketing babble. Of course you can make all the same cuts with a Companion. Go see for yourself.

>>893523

I think we can both agree it's not a premium or high end steel. And imho when you cross a price threshold it's just not worth it no matter how many bells and whistles you hang on it.
>>
>>893572
Bullshit.

I see you're just another one of those "hurr durr, if you buy any knife more expensive than $13, you got ripped off" trolls.

You have no understanding of what makes certain knives better than others, because all you see are numbers on a spreadsheet, as you have proved just now with your "expert knowledge" of 12c27.
>>
>>893579

Are you the guy that can't cut a square hole with a Companion, or are you some new idiot?
>>
>>893572
>I think we can both agree it's not a premium or high end steel
True
>>
>>893585

breaking news: local man doesn't understand that smaller knives are better for woodworking, calls others idiots.

I could cut a square hole with Crocodile Dundee's knife - that's not the point. The point is, with a 6cm blade, you can index the whole thing with your thumb, and you're working with the belly. With a companion, you still have 2'' of blade sticking out.

I'm guessing, just guessing, there's a reason behind carpenter's knives not being 4'' blades. But maybe it's nothing...

oh, wait...
>>
>>893618
>(drilling, making square holes) - things you couldn't do with a companion at all,

>I could cut a square hole with Crocodile Dundee's knife - that's not the point.

I hope that's not both you because taken together they might actually qualify you as learning disabled.

And will someone explain to me why the ability to make square holes is so fucking important? I've spent hundreds of days of my life, sometimes weeks at a time, camping and /out/ing and never needed one. Why is it suddenly so important?

I have a theory that it's to sell over priced hype to the learning disabled.
>>
>>893638

you are hopeless. I suggest you stop speaking out on things you have no experience with. Or maybe start working with wood, and you'll see how much more comfortable a small knife is for carving.

You insist on using a subpar tool for the job, on the retarded premise, that it will save you $10.
Granted, a companion isn't a terrible choice, and you could do much worse, but if I had to make any kind of notch (be it a pot hanger, trap trigger, tent peg or whatever) and I had to choose between a companion and an eldris, i'd choose the eldris every time - it's that much less of a hassle.
>>
>>893662
>Pot hanger

There's a bunch of ways to cook food in a pot.

>trap trigger
There's a bunch of ways to trap animals. Nut let's be honest, the only time you trap animals when you fantasize about survival-meme situations.

>Tent peg

If you can't do this with a Companion, an axe/hatchet, a saw, or just by snapping appropriate sized twigs with your hands, you are the least skilled camper in history.

You need a special knife to make a tent peg. Wow. And you question my experience???

> the eldris every time - it's that much less of a hassle.

So is riding to school on an exclusive little bus.
>>
>>893853

yes, I question your experience, because it is obvious you have none.

You don't need a special knife for any of the woodcarving tasks, but it is a lot easier if you use the right tool for the job.
The companion is a general purpose knife, and you insist on comparing it to a more specialised wood carving knife.

You keep jumping to conclusions as if I was suggesting that was the only way to do things. It's not. It's simply more efficient than you and your precious $13 ego booster.
>>
>>884073

because they're running a buisness, not a charity. Heavens forbid they try to make money off of it.
>>
>>893868
>yes, I question your experience, because it is obvious you have none.

Totally. I haven't been actively camping, fishing, and being /out/ since I was a small boy. There's no way my maternal Grandfather, an actual trapper, used to take me out in the bush and teach me shit since I was about 8 years old. I'm also not involved in Scouts and have been to "scout university" last year. I didn't camp for a sum total of about 5 weeks this summer.

Nope. If I don't agree with your meme-tier internet acumen about /out/ I must have no experience. Clearly you're not in fact learning disabled.

In unrelated news, I'm sitting here looking at the Scouts Canada handbook, ISBN: # 978-1-926557-37-3, and the section on the importance of square holes is conspicuously absent? Do you think I got a misprint?
>>
>>893931

does spouting all that bullshit make you feel special somehow?

Get this through your thick skull already - mora companion is bottom-tier. It's an okay general purpose knife, that's dirt cheap, and nothing more.

According to your expert wisdom, thinner blades don't have better geometry (because reasons), and people who are willing to spend an extra $16 (16 freaking dollars) on a better knife, because 1 - it doesn't look like shit, 2 - it has an improved handle with better ergonomics, 3 - it has a lanyard hole, 4 - it comes with a better sheath, and 5 - the blade has superior geometry for certain applications, is a "victim of marketing".

Riddle me this, if you had to carve something (spoon, trystick, whatever) and lying on the table before you was a 4'' mora companion, and a 2'' carpenter's knife, which one would you pick?
>>
>>894104

I know it's hard for you to believe that anyone with practical experience could disagree with your meme-tier bullshit.

>because 1 - it doesn't look like shit

And that's all it takes to sell an idiot a marginally different knife for twice the price, just jazz up the appearance a little.

And if I was carving, the rough cuts could be done with any knife. The rest would would be with a bent knife and shallow knife. I wouldn't even reach for a goofy piece of shit like the Eldris.

YOU ARE A VICTIM OF MARKETING
>>
>>894104

https://morakniv.se/en/varumarken-knivserier/morakniv-slojd/

These are carving knives. Notice how none of them are shaped like your goofy meme-tier eldris.

And look, there are shallow knives and bent knives....hmmm it's as if I hacked their web site and placed a bunch of knives of my own creation there.... or, and I'm just spit-balling here, you don't know the difference between a wood carving knife and a meme-tier fashion accessory because all your /out/ experience only exists online.
>>
What is the point of this shit?
>>
>>894262

To get you to pay multiples of the base price for marginal improvements.
>>
>>894234

so you would use an inferior tool just to be contrary.

I guess some people are just born stupid.
>>
>>887469
Because a person generally doesn't get to choose the exact moment a bad thing happens to them. Idk why people like to act like carrying a gun every day is akin to starting fist fights or insulting random people in the street.
>>
>>894488

I don't even know what to say to a conclusion so dumb.

Did you not see >>894240 ?

I use proper carving tools, you use an Eldris. I don't what short bus universe you live in if your conclusion is that I'm using the inferior tool for the task...bla bla bla...this is all going right over your head, isn't it?

WOOOSH
>>
>>894488

Just saw this on FB. You were my first thought.

>It is Special Education week, Autism, and ADHD Awareness month and this is in honor of all children who struggle every day!!! Let's see how many of you do it.... copy and paste
>>
>>894439
No like what is this particular knife good for?
>>
>>894613

Well, it's a neck knife, so that's marginally different.

It's just Morakniv trying to offer products to a different market. Their traditional market were thrifty and practical and wouldn't drop more on a knife than they would a hammer or a screwdriver. These will buy 3 cheap knives and put one a tool box, another in the glove box, and give the third away.

This new market is more lucrative. These guys aren't practically minded. They buy tools as fashion accessories and status symbols. They subscribe to the sometimes secretly paid "review" system that these new knives are marketed through and they believe everything they're told.

They'll spend $30-50 on a product that's a marginally dressed up version of a $15 knife. And like any intelligent company Morakniv is appealing to that higher profit market.

But you can't tell them they're overpaying or the new products are hyped up. They can't hear it. They will argue endlessly about irrelevant and imaginary reasons why the new knives are worth so much more.
>>
>>894538

you have problems with reading comprehension.
Read my question again. It was 4'' companion vs 2'' carpenter's knife. And instead of just admitting a shorter blade is a superior carving tool, you make shit up.

>>894624
>what are diminishing returns: the post

So buying 3 shitty knives, instead of one good one is somehow "practical", but spending a mere $16 extra on a knife that is superior in every aspect isn't?

And why the hell are you even buying mora companions at $13 a pop? You should be getting basic 511 for $2.50. You got ripped off mate.
>>
>>894541
>It is Special Education week, Autism, and ADHD Awareness month and this is in honor of all children who struggle every day!!! Let's see how many of you do it.... copy and paste

I'm helping!
Facebook can be insufferable at times.
>>
>>894624
Accurate post of the day.
>>
>>884405
oy vey shlomo
>>
>>894672

The Eldris isn't a carpenters knife. Mora has a section for wood carving and carpentry tools.

https://morakniv.se/en/varumarken-knivserier/morakniv-slojd/

You won't find the Eldris there. You will find short blades there, but they're shallow (spine to edge), unlike the goofy meme-tier Eldris you can index with your thumb size penis.

>a knife that is superior in every aspect

Poor kid. I hope you live somewhere with good local resources for special needs individuals.

>>894715
Thank you.
>>
>>894715
>>894981

if you're just gonna start sucking each other's dicks, get a room.

So apparently, people are required by some unwritten law, to use the cheapes, shittiest knives thay can find, because heavens forbid they actually spend money on something that is better designed, and/or better made.

And the eldris is trule meme-trier. It's not like the Scandinavians have been using 2'' blades with full size handles for centuries - they would never fall for that, when they had 4'' general purpose knives to do everything, and damn ergonomics, or efficiency.

Carpenter's knives are more narrow (and usually 3mm thick), because that allows for a tighter curvature.

But of course you wouldn't know that, because you have never used anything other than your precious $13 ego booster, so the practical aplication of having a knife that is much easier to work with is lost on you.

Ah, but I forget - you were in the scouts. Too bad the scouts don't teach shit. Especially when it comes to knives.
>>
>>895001
>if you're just gonna start sucking each other's dicks, get a room.

Now you're mad because someone agrees with me? Loser.

And I'm not going to argue about the knife with you anymore. It goes right over your head.

>Too bad the scouts don't teach shit. Especially when it comes to knives.

Actually they teach this: you can camp without fancy knives. They don't obsess over faux distal tapers and their effect on making square holes, because that is meme-tier bullshit and irrelevant to the ability to /out/.

Having said all that, Scout University (which is just a weekend of classes) does teach sharpening/maintenance of knives and axes. I learned a lot about axes I didn't know.
>>
>>887162

Have to remember that Brits are subjects of the Crown, not citizens.
>>
>>895022
>Now you're mad

no, just mildly entertained. Two losers obsessed with validating themselves by pretending their cheap meme-knife is top-tier is hardly an event of cosmic importance.

Sure - you can camp without a knife at all. Or you can make one using an old sawblade. When you don't have the right tool for the job, you can make do with much less. What you refuse to acknowledge, is that the right tool for the job even exists, and that some knives are better at certain tasks than your meme companion.

And I see you conveniently chose to ignore the fact that knives of a similar design to the eldris (meaning full handle with a 2'' blade) have been used for centuries.

>teaching sharpening

I take back what I said. You're obviousle an expert now, because you have taken a weekend class in one of the most basic knife skills that is sharpening. And that somehow has imparted mystic understanding of blade geometry, it's relationship to edge retention, knife controll, and the ability to completely ignore the fact that you might be using a knife that would be a lot more comfortable to use if it were half as long.

You are hopeless.
>>
File: tmp_8011-1475032861347189553405.jpg (304KB, 1191x1215px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8011-1475032861347189553405.jpg
304KB, 1191x1215px
>>895027
Not that guy but you sure are one angry faggot.
>>
>>895036

Right? He's losing his shit now. It's going to take his teachers aid a long time to calm him down.
>>
>>895036
>>895039

ITT: butthurt poorfags pretending to be knife experts, because someone on the internet sold them a mora companion meme.
>>
>>895065

Now the madfag wants to be a cleverfag.

Poor kid.
>>
>>884073
Still not that bad. And it comes with a decent sheath. The companion is 12 bucks but then you gotta spend another 20 for a real sheath.
>>
>>884526
>>884540
kek you don't need justification because only 60% white is national justification enough. Anyway, /out/ is for outdoors, go to /pol/
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.