[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

venison coming to arbys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 636129998383041149-image001.jpg (44KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
636129998383041149-image001.jpg
44KB, 534x401px
Fast-food chain Arby’s will begin testing venison sandwiches in select markets by the end of the month, the company announced Tuesday.

Arby's venison sandwich features a thick-cut venison steak and crispy onions with a berry sauce on a toasted roll, according to the company.

The venison sandwich is "100% deer meat," with premium cut top and bottom round steaks from the hind quarter of the deer, according to Rob Lynch, Arby’s Brand President & Chief Marketing Officer.

Lynch said the company released the sandwich as part of “It’s Meats Season” campaign, which celebrates the start of hunting season.

"Bringing venison to our menu also allows us to continue to set ourselves apart from the competition when it comes to proteins," he said. "You simply can’t find this at other restaurant chains."

The new sandwich will be offered for a limited time at 17 Arby’s restaurants across the country. According to the company, the locations were chosen in heavy deer hunting areas in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Georgia.

Lynch said the company sources free-range farmed deer that feed on fresh grass, and he is confident that " deer hunters are going to love this sandwich."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2016/10/25/arbys-takes-stab-venison-burgers-select-locations/92727506/

very interesting, I'd be interested to see if it's any good
>>
>>883829
venison is great in chili. end thought.

also, it is illegal to harvest deer in the usa for commercial use. so it is probably coming from china. and can you think about how fuckrd up deer farms have to be? deers hate each other. they have to keep them drugged up constantly.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (19KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
19KB, 443x332px
>>883849
The deer in nara seem to get along with each other well enough.
>>
>>883853
female deer only hang out together for the yearly sex. they hate each other. the males stay distant.
>>
>>883849
spread the word
>>
>>883829
>>>/ck/
>>
>>883829
you don't want venison that's not thoroughly cooked. can't make steak out of wild animals because they are full of parasites.
>>
>>883849
it will be from NZ deer farms. huge industry here behind sheep and beef. drove past 1000's of red hinds on the weekend on deer farms near Wanaka. only wild captured deer are drugged and kept in dark rooms for a few days before being released into the paddocks.

http://deernz.org.nz/about-deer-industry#.WBHkS8mrHsY
>>
>>883855
red hinds group up all year in NZ, stags are grouped for most of the year apart from the roar (rut) and the month or so prior.
>>
>>883903
>wild animals
>Farmed deer
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
>>883980
yea he's a bit soft thatt one...
>>
>>883903
Meanwhile mad cow disease is all over Europe and the U.S., mostly because they grind up cows that died from illness and feed them to other cows.

I feel like cooking some deer sausage I have in the fridge now.
>>
>>883829
>free-range farmed deer
>farmed deer
>free-range

Americans are fucking retarded
>>
>>884017
>Free range denotes a method of farming husbandry where the animals, for at least part of the day, can roam freely outdoors, rather than being confined in an enclosure for 24 hours each day

It's redundant but not retarded. Most likely they were just trying to hit on as many buzzwords as possible
>>
File: Broilers.jpg.cf.jpg (50KB, 421x399px) Image search: [Google]
Broilers.jpg.cf.jpg
50KB, 421x399px
>>884017
My chickens roam around my property during the day, eating grasshoppers and seeds.
Then they come back to the roost at night.
My neighbor rotates his cattle between fields, each filed is 50+ acres.
They're free range.
Pic related is not Free range, but how most cattle and chickens are raised.
>>
>>884017

Found the buck toothed, potato eating, sister fucking, Muhammad loving Europoor
>>
File: bear.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>883829
>The new sandwich will be offered for a limited time at 17 Arby’s restaurants across the country. According to the company, the locations were chosen in heavy deer hunting areas in Michigan,

So which ones in Michigan have the venison sandwiches?
>>
>>883849

Wrong. By "harvested" you mean from the wild. Farm raised local venison has been commercially available for decades.
>>
>>884014
Mad cow disease isn't caused by a parasite its caused by either a misfolded protein or a virus. While deer meat can have actual parasites, like worms in it.
>>
>>884047

Available Nov. 12-14:

4229 W Vienna Rd., Clio, Mich.
4040 17 Mile Rd. NE, Cedar Springs, Mich.
1215 M 89, Plainwell, Mich.
8685 Birch Run Rd., Birch Run, Mich.
>>
>>883829

I can just go to my local cabelas, get that shit there already. Nothing special.
>>
Deer hate being around each other. Does only group together during mating season and bucks always avoid each other. These farmed deer meat must be drugged up more than cows or pigs. I'll kill a wild deer myself and make my own venison sandwiches.

I really understand why vegans hate farmed animals, but hunting is the most humane way to die for a wild animal. Do they actually think they grow old and live perfect lives? They are eaten alive, some die from starvation, thirst, the weather, etc.
>>
>>884347
It's also illegal in the United States to farm deer for commercial use, so who knows what shithole country they get their meat from and how many chemicals has been injected into them.
>>
>>884349
But as the anon said earlier, it's illegal to farm wild deer. You can have farm raised deer for commercial use.
>>
Some of you need to get /out/. Wash your mouth out with untreated stream water. You have been regurgitating other people shit for so long you might even have permanent shit stains inna mouf.
>>
>>884462
Honestly you could do with retaking 3rd grade English.
>>
>>884014
>news from 20 years ago
today it's mostly gone and people don't feed animal products to cows anymore it's strictly forbidden.
>>
>eating drugged up farmed deer "cooked" by a 17 year old disgusting mouthbreather
>not going out and killing your own wild deer

I'm guessing this is coming to some northern state. Washington? Michigan? Where is it?
>>
>>884532
You're new here huh
>>
>>884643
It says it in the original post you fucking idiot.
>>
File: trail cams.jpg (279KB, 798x601px) Image search: [Google]
trail cams.jpg
279KB, 798x601px
>>884157

The closest to me is Birch Run and that's an 1-1/2 hour drive one way...
>>
"I'm so hungry I could eat at Arby's!"
>>
I've literally never had venison, what does it taste like?
>>
>>886431
each tastes completely different. depends on age and sex and species.
>>
>>883922

I'm certainly not looking forward to that because the lamb from NZ I get is shit. It's skunky as fuck by the time it gets to the grocery store.
>>
I love watching big fast food chains struggle to stay relevant.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.