[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Henry_David_Thoreau.jpg (180KB, 623x768px) Image search: [Google]
Henry_David_Thoreau.jpg
180KB, 623x768px
Anyone ever try military boots for /out/ activities. They seem cheap from military surplus stores and they are good enough for invading the world and going through hellish situations.

Worth a shot or better sticking to name brands?

Am park ranger so I have kind of gotten use to military/police style gear.

Pic unrelated.
>>
buy actual hiking boots. end up costing the same, used/surplus boots is stoopid in some many ways,
>>
Rocky sv2 boots have served me well for two years and 200$ and I actually have to ruck and wear them every single day, I could easily get another two years from them despite them just looking "old."

That being said you should probably just buy hiking boots, it just seems stupid to get military gear because it looks cool
>>
>>883602
Im not trying to look cool. Just looking at quality cost. They don't pay park rangers much, but the upswing is I get to live in the woods as part of my job.
>>
>selected by beancounters who spend all day at a desk and only look at the bids and don't have to wear them so they don't care how heavy and uncomfortable they are
pretty much the case for all military surplus
>>
>>883582
Army vet here. I've never liked the issues boots. They are cheap something about them never fit my foot right. The Nike military boots came out as I was leaving the army and they aren't super durable but fuck they are comfy.

I usually wear merrells now. A few of y'all shit on them as beginner tier footwear but I like them and they are comfy for hill country Texas.

Basically OP issue army boots are shit.
>>
>>883609
Fair enough. I have to wear 5.11 boots as part of my job and they are weird on my left foot.
>>
If you're looking for any kind of military styled boot then go with Original Swat boots.
>>
>>883604
Military stuff isn't always the best quality
>>
>>883582
I used my issued boots to hike for seven days, and even with amazing wool socks it was abso fucking lutely terrible. DO NOT wear military boots for long hikes if you can't, no breathability and they never fit exactly how they should.
>>
>>883582
it depends on what you are talking about.

issue military boots can be good. but most of them suck.

I pawned every issue boot I got, because I was in a real unit. we got sv2s every year.

if you come across a pair of sv2s or oakleys from 09-11 buy them. otherwise, you are probably better off going to rei.

if u do buy issue boots, but the summers first. even if u I hate them, summer army boots are handy to have.
>>
I have some british surplus Alt-Bergs. I got them for $35 almost new, and wear them to work every day (HVAC) and I hike in them. They're killer. Not so sure about US milsurp though.
>>
>>883807
You must come from a third world country. My issued Lowas are excellent
>>
>>883813
>Greatest super power of the free world
>Third world country

Lick one
>>
>>883814
let the europoors dream, while arabs rape their women. all they can do, other than dream, is sharpen their government issued spoon.
>>
File: image.jpg (185KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185KB, 960x720px
>>883813
>lowas
Kek
>>
>>883814
Free world
>That feel when the only democratic country in the world that has more incarcerated person is south africa.
>That feel when your "free" system makes you choose between a giant douche and a shit sandwich.

I will lick the third world country. Tastes best.
>>
>>885571
>that feel when the only other democratic country with a significant population of black people is a shitty black country
>that feel when you literally regurgitate 8 year old south park episodes

kys
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.