[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Eyeglasses for Out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: 1472995528983.jpg (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472995528983.jpg
4MB, 1920x1080px
Hey Sc/out/s,

I usually wear contacts, but such is not convenient when I'm innawoods for an extended period of time. What do you guys and gals use to correct your vision while out? I have a guttural revulsion towards glasses that look like high speed low drag sunglasses...
>>
Just do what a normal woodsman would do; call upon the strength of your spirit animal, kill the strongest beast of the forest and take from him his eyes to replace your inferior pair.
>>
I just wear my glasses... if I'm fishing or near water or mountaineering I tie a piece of string to each arm so if they slide down my nose they don't fall off. Ditto for my prescription sunglasses.
>>
>>881937
Thanks, I'll try that and let you know how it goes.

>>881942
Yeah I mean I figured that's what most people did, I just feared for the extreme buyers remorse if there was somehow one type or brand that was best for such things.
>>
File: 1472908718078.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472908718078.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Thenks for answers. Have another pretty picture.
>>
I just use my contacts not sure why this is a problem.
>>
>>881988
putting lenses in your eye is degenerate, tripfag
>>
>>881988
This usually works just fine, but what about longer journeys when you might spend multiple days out? Do you just pack contact solution and a case? It's either that or sleep in them for multiple days in a row which would worry me from a health standpoint.
>>
Lasik.
/thread
>>
>>882096
Start slow with leaving them in every other night for two weeks. Then just slowly add more nights you keep them in.

I leave mine in for 2 weeks at a time and have been doing it for 8 years. I use the hydrogen cleaning solution on them when I take them out. Some times I get something in my eye, dust or dirt, if it bothers me to sleep I'll clean them that night.
>>
>>
>>882096
Sleeping with them for one night got my eyes infected once. Was super annoying, will never do that again. So yeah, suck it up and bring the stuff you need to clean your lenses. Be willing to lose a pair though, wind is a bitch. You could consider day lenses as well, just to use on the trips. Just throw away the old ones and don't worry about fiddling with boxes. Has worked wonders for me the last years.
>>
>>882166
That legitimately terrible for you depending on your contact type. Basically leaving them on for too long on a regular basis makes the blood vessels in your eyes grow towards the surface ending in contacts being extremely painful to wear.
+
>>
>>881935
I use Polaroids most of the time, they have good glass and the filter helps with reflections if you are into fishing. Also, if you buy them on sales you spend around $30, which is good value and you can afford to lose a pair now or then.
For winter touring I use cat.4 Julbo Sherpa.
>>
File: 1456941845509.jpg (488KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1456941845509.jpg
488KB, 1000x1500px
>>882166
>>882218
>>882273
Thanks for the input you guys. I would tell you about how I'm going to get glasses and a sweet ass neoprene glasses keeper, but I instead already got eaten by a bear from taking the advice from>>881937
>>
>>882166
Literally kys tripfag.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2687477/Student-goes-blind-keeping-contact-lenses-six-months-microscopic-bug-EATS-eyeballs.html
>>
>>882331
People get eaten by sharks but yet people still surf.
>>
Btw OP, you can have lenses cut for many sports sunglasses company's frames.
>>
File: really fag.png (75KB, 171x202px) Image search: [Google]
really fag.png
75KB, 171x202px
>>882389
Yeah, but you don't see people covering themselves with animal blood, refusing to wash it off for two weeks, allowing bacteria to grow on them, and then go surfing.
>>
File: suave as fuck.jpg (42KB, 626x435px) Image search: [Google]
suave as fuck.jpg
42KB, 626x435px
>>881935
If you're worried about glasses breaking get those army glasses.
>>
>>882540
Interdasting. I'll definitely look into that as well. Thanks!
>>
>>882540
> worried about breaking
Lasik.
/thread
>>
>>882166
>Start slow with leaving them in every other night for two weeks. Then just slowly add more nights you keep them in.

Dude, you gotta stop. This is one of the stupidest fucking things I've seen on 4chan. Take off your trip and never post again.
>>
>>882014
go to hell.

..nah i'm just kidding you seem nice.
>>
>>882166
pls don't do this
my friend got an ulcer on her eye from leaving hers in on the regular
>>
get some croakies or whatever glasses retention straps are in the market near your area
>>882123
also this.
>>
>>882331
yummi
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.