[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any one know what kind of plant this is??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_8899.jpg (148KB, 722x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8899.jpg
148KB, 722x1280px
any one know what kind of plant this is??
>>
my son just ate it!
>>
looks like Ageratum.

>no location, no description of it's habitat.

you're not going to get far with that.
>>
>>881067
if it's Ageratum you're fucked, it's toxic.
>>
i live in western kentucky!
>>
it's by a creek where are shower water goes. i was too high and didn't think it would hurt him. do i call 911 or poison control?
>>
>>881082
> i was too high and didn't think it would hurt him
Call CPS
>>
>>881067
>>881082
It is a type of Ageratum and is toxic, but isn't too bad if you don't eat much. It is more of a problem with grazing animals due to the fact they eat lots and lots of a plant that can poison them. Avoid eating it of course.

There's buttercups (Ranunculus) in that image too. Both are common in overgrazed pastures and both are problems for grazing animals. For instance, if you see a picturesque scene with horses in a field of beautiful golden yellow buttercups you need to keep in mind those flowers are toxic to the horses and are there because the horses ate everything else. Which can be a dire situation. Such fields are owned by ignorant or neglectful farmers.
>>
File: IMG_8255.jpg (28KB, 250x443px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8255.jpg
28KB, 250x443px
UPDATE: took him to the ER, ran blood tests and then had to check his appendix for swelling (why?) he is O.K. now. took him for some ice cream and he's learned a lesson about wilderness safety. thanks everybody!
>>
File: figrow_2.png (252KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
figrow_2.png
252KB, 500x324px
nigga what is this shit? you better be trollin'
>>
>>881276 #
I still think you need to turn yourself in to CTS for allowing this to happen (hell, just being from Kentucky should be cause enough).
>>
File: Identification.jpg (2MB, 2560x3128px) Image search: [Google]
Identification.jpg
2MB, 2560x3128px
>>881276
lol It affects the liver, not appendix. They were fishing for an appendectomy. They love making money off those. Like I said before, unless he ate an entire plant or several plants, he'd be fine. And when not fine, you'd more than likely not even know it since there are no real symptoms. It causes temporary lesions on the liver.

He's more in danger of eating potatoes that might have green skin than from eating a small amount of Ageratum. Still, you always need to research anything very well before eating something you don't know about. It can be life or death, depending on the plant.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.