[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel retarded anons. Are there any blm lands near mass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 1466550958816.jpg (42KB, 649x638px) Image search: [Google]
1466550958816.jpg
42KB, 649x638px
I feel retarded anons. Are there any blm lands near mass?
>>
>Wait-time 16 min for DPS roulette list
>Minimize for 5 minutes to read an article
>”Participation could not be confirmed. Your registration is withdrawn.”
I hate this game
>>
>>880062
What are you looking to do exactly?

National parks, and sometimes even state parks allow a range of things to be done in them.

And as always, it's okay to do it if you don't get caught!
>>
>>880116
Bushcraft, primitive survival, building shelters, fires etc.
>>
>>880119
How long we talking?

For practice, or for long term? (define long term if so)
>>
>>880124
practice only. one, maybe two days at a time.
>>
>>880128
Not entirely sure on the freedom of your state, but this time of year, I imagine if you hike 5+miles into vast wilderness in any state except commiefornia, you'd be at liberty to do as you please for a couple days at a time indefinitely.

Advice would be not to have fires until dusk, and don't stay at the same place twice in a row.
>>
>>880131
Lol mass is a liberal dream. What are BLM lands and how do I find them?
>>
>>880131
>any state except commiefornia,
You can do that in commiefornia anywhere /out/ that isn't right next to a major city.
>>
>>880128
>>880131

Asking land owners for permission, and being candid with your intention can also go a long, long way.

I used to camp a few times a year in an established camp site where I used to live. I knew it was someone else's property. After a few seasons, guilt set in, and I contacted the land owner by cold knocking on his door. Came clean about using his land, and asked if I could continue to do so.

He was actually grateful of my honesty, and told me my presence regularly could keep some of the transients at bay. He'd apparently had a problem with homeless on his land in the past.

This dude was so chill, he offered me a beer on his patio.

A little human interaction can go a long way, anon. Just don't be a shit lord if you get the keys to his back yard.
>>
>>880135
not bushcrafting with fires, bruh.
>>
>>880137
Depends on where you are.
>>
File: 100528.federal.land.jpg (414KB, 1434x932px) Image search: [Google]
100528.federal.land.jpg
414KB, 1434x932px
>>880062
pic related. basically anyone east of the rockies is fucked.

>>880131
>>880137
>le ebin everything is illegal in california maymay
yep, we're terrible. stay the fuck away.
>>
>>880170
Most of us on the east side either own an assload of property or knows someone who does.

I ran into a panther down at my creek last week.

And yes, California sucks monkey balls- I was born and raised there- left San Diego in my 20's as it crashed and burned.
>>
>>880136
this
a little common courtesy can go a long way
>>
>>882800
>most
and california has more square miles available to ALL than a lost of eastern states have total, including tens of thousands of continous wilderness in the sierra and mojave
>panther
whoop-dee-do. we have mountain lions all over, too
>san diego
there's your problem. san diego is like a mall with 1,000,000 people in it
>>
>>880170
Remember this is just a map of federal land. Does not include large areas of land that are state owned.

Take PA for an example. It looks like there's nothing on that map, but PA manages well over a million acres of state forest and state Wild areas, along with state game lands.

Same with NY, with a huge section of the state being the Adirondack park, which is the largest state run park in the country.
>>
>>880062
People still give a fuck about blacklivesmatter?
>>
>>880135

SoCal here. It's shit. You need a permit to even walk on grass. Shit sucks over here. Been looking for a good /out/ spot for weeks and all I get are campgrounds with weekend warriors and their kids blasting Disney music, or desert. Not a single place here where you can just load your pack in the truck, drive to a stop and simply head out for a few days. Fire restrictions are shit too thanks to idiots who don't know how to control their fire.
>>
>>880062
There isn't any BLM land on the east coast AFAIK. The BLM was chartered to manage the huge tracts of land that the federal government through westward expansion and the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo so the majority of it is in the central and south western states.

Your closest bet is probably White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire/Maine, unless the state DNR has land to use or you get permission from a private owner to use their land.
>>
>>880134
BLM is Bureau of Land Management, they manage big chunks of Federal land for recreation, ranching, logging and mining. You're not really going to find much BLM land East of the Missouri River
>>
File: CX0MC9WWYAA5RvF.png (582KB, 942x688px) Image search: [Google]
CX0MC9WWYAA5RvF.png
582KB, 942x688px
Not American but Swedish, so:

In Sweden we have something called "Allemansrätten" (The right of all men/All men's right, essentially) which allows us to camp, hunt, climb, create fires, ride horses, pick berries and mushrooms, et c on both public AND private lands. The activities on private lands are allowed as long as we don't intrude on the land owner's privacy or financial interests in the area.

We are, in other words, allowed to put up a tent for a couple of days on someone's land as long as we don't disturb them or destroy their property. A distance of a couple of hundred yards from their house could be enough.

When I read the land it first seemed to me like this "public land" or federal land is to be treated in the same way, that it offers more freedom to the average person - but it's that not the case? Does it seem to depend on what kind of federal agency that owns the area?

I'm visiting your country soon and will probably do some hiking, so I'm wondering a bit about this.
>>
File: vb1084.jpg (1015KB, 1844x1383px) Image search: [Google]
vb1084.jpg
1015KB, 1844x1383px
>>882892
depends on the agency, time of year, and location.

speaking for california
>blm land
free for all. just don't block a road, and try to be >100' from water, hunting okay (in season), horses okay
>us forest service land
broken into 2 catagories: "wilderness" and not "wilderness"
not "wilderness" is effectively the same as blm land, with fire restrictions in the summer (but don't be a retard and you can get away with one)
"wilderness" (john muir, hoover, etc. i'm sure you can find a list/map online) requires a permit, which are quota'd from may-october, and have local, seasonal, and elevation-based fire restrictions, no hunting, limited horses
>national parks
in developed areas you have to camp in developed spaces. but in the back country you can camp anywhere >4 miles from a trailhead. elevation based fire restrictions, but not seasonal, also permits required and quotas may-october, no hunting, limited horses
>>
>>882839
Permits are dirt cheap and it's rarely that crowded once you've hiked more than mile away from the trail head. If you really can't stand it just drive north or east for a few hours. If you plan to be out for days a couple extra hours each way isn't going to kill you.
>>
>>882909
Wilderness areas don't always require permits. Just the busier areas that have a permit system setup. Go to far NE California and you certainly don't have to worry about things being crowded.
>>
>>882892
It can be a little complicated at first but you'll get the hang of it quickly, and most areas have pretty clear signage of what is and isn't allowed

>no fires above 4000 ft
>do not discharge firearms here
>area closed for repair
>etc etc etc

Ranger stations and district offices are resources, utilize them. If I'm in an unfamiliar area I'll usually check in with the station for things like fire bans, trail closures, predator activity.
>>
>>882892
>>882909
>>883034
>>883044
>http://www.wilderness.net/
>>
File: landsmap-large.png (633KB, 4168x2460px) Image search: [Google]
landsmap-large.png
633KB, 4168x2460px
>>880062
no
>>
Speaking of BLM land...

Never gone dispersed camping on this type of land. Can you just drive out there to the bush and do your own thing? Are any permits or licenses requires? Any itinerary need to be made with officials or rangers?
>>
>>883083
read the fucking thread you lazy cock >>882909
>>
>>883083
It's like a two week process to even apply for a camping permit.
>>
you guys feel that trying to go camping in the woods has become over regulated? seems like there are many different laws preventing or limiting the ability to just go off and do your own thing for a while without the need to ask big brother if its okay or not.
>>
>>883129
no.

everything that's regulated i'd do anyways (bury my shit, pack out my trash, not cut down live trees to build a fire, not leave a fire unattended when it's been 90+ for a month straight, etc.) so the regs just help keep the retards in line.
>>
>>883095
Or you can walk into the permit office at 8:00 am and walk out 5 minutes later with a permit
>>
>>880062
Go the the US, plenty there.
>>
>>880062
My fukking gawd OP It's Mass, you can go into the woods anywhere there aren't trails/dirt roads and nobody gives a damn. You can do whatever you want if you don't get caught. Cops only prowl the parking lots, they don't /in/ hike.

Have a blast. You're more likely to get into shit on BLM land than you would anywhere you just walk into the woods.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.