[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_2453.jpg (202KB, 508x271px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2453.jpg
202KB, 508x271px
I hear that american boars are a pretty big pest. Are they worth hunting/eating?
>>
>>879784
no. pigs and bacon are fucking gross.
>>
>>879784
oh and dont get me started on ham.
>>
>>879784
slow smoked pork ribs? bleh! who would eat that shit?
>>
>>879784
BBQ pulled pork sandwiches? Some people just disgust me.

Ok im done. Just curious how someone could think pork isnt worth the hunt when it helps our ecosystem so much.
>>
Well clearly pork is delicious. I just want to know whether wild boar meat is just as good or better than common pigs
>>
>>879795
I enjoy the more complex flavors of boar due to their healthier diet compared to a farm pig. I am a chef though and can make any meat taste delicious.
>>
>>879795
Ok simple test go buy some regular bananas and some organic bananas.

For $2 you can compare cheap farm raised to organic raised.

Wild hog is so much better.

Just make sure to take the smaller ones and don't eat the boars. Boars taste like shit.
>>
>>879808
Nah. Older meat has more complex flavors that you have to know a few techniques to take advantage of. The younger the meat the less flavor it has. Just like chickens. Young fryers have no flavor compared to a roaster. Thing is you need to know techniques to make the meat tender.
>>
>>879810
I agree. The best chicken dish I ever had was an old french lady that made coq au vin. Rooster that is over a year old stewed in red wine for days.
>>
>>879795
It is far far better tasting than store bought pork that was raised on feed.
>>
File: cukes.jpg (71KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
cukes.jpg
71KB, 460x345px
>>879808
Organic bananas are inferior. They are usually grown by scammers who can't compete honestly so they sell produce that bugs won't eat at a huge markup to virtue signalling normies. Enjoy your cancer

Pic related
>>
>>879835
dont blame your shitty town and store for shitty produce. My town contains stores that sell damn fine organic bananas for 80 cents a pound.
>>
File: 1474207273439.jpg (15KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
1474207273439.jpg
15KB, 211x238px
>>879835
>>
>>879848
mmmmmmmm looks good.
>>
>>879835
>pic related
>cukes.jpg

Is your reading comprehension that bad?
>>
>>879879
kek. never even enlarged the image and my eyes are too terrible to see thumbnail clearly. Good spot.
>>
>>879887
Fair enough.

But seriously find a better store. HEB in Texas sells some very nice organic bananas that last longer than the regular ones.
>>
>>879890
>>879887
im not the poster of the pic.
>>
>>879892
Ah well then fuck back too that fag.
>>
File: FAIL.jpg (174KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
FAIL.jpg
174KB, 720x480px
>>879835
>old tossed out cucumbers is somehow related to store bought organic bananas
>>
>>879892
He didn't say he was the poster, seems he was just making an observation.
>>
File: 1.jpg (191KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
191KB, 560x315px
The science is settled that organic isn't healthier. Buyt lots of people will still rightly buy it as a treat to themselves or for the vegan friends. You only live once.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/organic-food-no-more-nutritious-than-conventionally-grown-food-201209055264
>>
>>879948
Note I didn't say more nutritious.

Most every single organic food I have eaten has had more/better flavour. Now normally I don't buy organic labeled food it's not worth the 2-3 x markup. But 50 cents per pound vs 64 cents per pound for bananas is worth it for the richer flavour. They also last longer so thats another plus.
>>
>>879948
>>879835
Get out of this thread you moron.

>>879959
Stop replying to bait you stupid fuck.
>>
I've had decent boar, but I've also had AME that was so gamey it tasted rotten.

As for hunting, they're easy to find and no bag limits most places.
My state has weird deer regulations.
A Friday might be does only while the next Saturday is bucks only.
With boar you can shoot suckling piglets.

Someone post the webm of the crazy Aussie with the tannerite®
>>
>>880056
*some not AME.
Stupid autocorrect.
>>
File: IMG_20131230_120928.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131230_120928.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>879980
>Anything I disagree with is bait

Do you think the world exists to agree with you? Try getting /out/ sometime

Pic related, your park fees at work
>>
Enjoy your parasites and taint

>Boar taint is the offensive odor or taste that can be evident during the cooking or eating of pork or pork products derived from non-castrated male pigs once they reach puberty. It can be found in both males and females as the chemicals that cause the smell are produced in the intestines as well as the testicles.
>>
File: 561561.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
561561.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
>>880099
>derailing the thread isn't trolling
>>
>>880115
That has to do with the time of year too. Same thing happens with deer, but luckily deer season is after that time. When you get a buck that has it, your entire house smells like you're cooking a wet dog.
>>
>>879784
They can be tough if it isn't cooked low and slow for long periods. If I'm just grilling I'll use a meat mallet to tendering it. It actually takes a reasonable amount of force to get it descent. Nevet tried making sausages from it. It would lend itself well though. I'll agree with chef above, I prefer it to typical pork.
>>
>>880140
Man that tidbit of information needs to be taken with a grain of sand. The toughness of the meat depends on so many factors such as the part of the animal and age of animal to name a couple.
>>
Your native American boars are often infected with parasite like bacterium of the species L. Clotheria and P. Ballerium. Ingesting a 4 oz piece of boar can lead to symptoms which resemble influenza, but can progress to a worsening prognosis where you bleed through your fingernails as a result of tissue plasminogen recombination. Treatment involves antibiotics such as levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin, and avycaz (ceftazidime/avibactam), accompanied by a reversal agent (typically 10mg vitamin K).
>>
>>880142
And, how it is cut.
>>
>>880159
If you eat wild boar often you will build up a tolerance for those parasites but the first time your fingernails bleed it is a touch scary
>>
>>880159
>>880171
I guess with my immune system I should stay the hell away from boars
>>
>>880159
The boars we hunt aren't native. Native boars aren't a problem, it's the invasive ones that need to be hunted
>>
yeah americans are a pretty big pest. they should probably be hunted/eaten.
>>
>>880140
try making goulash out of them!!
wild pig goulash is the fucking best.
>>
>>880210
The most dangerous game in the universe.
>>
File: 1462247309141.jpg (29KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1462247309141.jpg
29KB, 500x335px
this is now bannana general.
>>
>>879785
t. mohammed
>>
>>879795
Yes, it is.
>>
Pork gives me diarrhea, but I love hunting them and making them squeal. I'll donate the meat to a shelter though. Only thing more satisfying is hearing the death moan of a bear after you shoot it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEhzWC00IUE
>>
>>880159
>don't make tartar from raw boar meat
Christ you are fucking retarded.

>>880191
Cook it through with either long stewing or slow roasting and you will be fine. Pretty much the best ways to enjoy pork anyway.
>>
>>881296
Not that anon, but I really don't need to be too worried about parasites/diseases if I just cook the pork properly?

Sounds like a long task. What's the best way to go about cooking a boar?
>>
>>881310
Same you would cook pork, over 140 and you will be fine though if you are not quite confident enough , browning the meat with some onion, carrot and celery and then transferring to a slow cooker after deglazi get with stock, wine, beer or water over night is probably the simplistic way to go about things. If you are an impatient person get a pressure cooker.

Stews aren't the best use of all the parts but it will always turn out pretty great.
>>
>>881313
Nice. Thanks anon

now what's the minimum caliber for removing pork?
>>
>>879785

I found the Jew!
>>
>>881317
Many people kill with .223 hunting rounds and that is about as small as I would feel comfortable going for practical and ethical reasons, I go with slugs, buckshot would probably also work but I don't fully trust it.

Remember to shoot a couple times with the ammo you will hunt with so you know where to zero. All bullets are slightly different and a hunt is a poor time to figure that out.
>>
>>879785

You're crazy dude. Bacon is tasty.
>>
>>879784
this thread is a boar.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.