[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how can I become like the rest of /out/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1327304719863.png (7KB, 614x620px) Image search: [Google]
1327304719863.png
7KB, 614x620px
How can I do it, /out/?

I am too materialistic and my life is based on the approval of others. I am very self conscious and spend my money on frivolous comics and action figures only to post them on the God-forsaken website and get the approval of other people I will never meet.
When I am sad, I will often buy an item. A book or a toy or a comic book or a movie, only to be happy for a few hours and then I am back feeling dreary.
How do I learn to let go of my materialistic life and become like /out/? I want to be happy just walking down the street and being outside. I feel like being outdoors will also help me lose weight and that will help make me happy.
I am too concerned with what actor said what to whom. I am too worrysome about weather the latest film in my favorite series will pander so SJWs. I am too occupied in visiting every retail store in the area looking for that one action figure I want for my collection.
I need to give up this selfish, materialistic life I have been living
How can I do it, /out/?
>>
99% of people here and have never been /out/ other than hiking on trails in public parks or forests.
>>
>>877964
>99% of people here and have never been /out/ other than hiking on trails in public parks or forests.
>look at board name
>/out/ - Outdoors
>other than hiking on trails in public parks for forests.
>/out/ - Outdoors
>parks and forests
>Outdoors

Nigga.....
>>
>>877964
thats still more than I have done in the past 3 years
>>
>>877965
Hiker fags belong on Reddit or /an/ anon.

This board should be for hunting, fishing, farming, and people who post about /out/ because it's their lifestyle and not a hobby. But instead it's 10 threads asking what knife should I get, 5 threads asking what backpack is best, 3 threads what boots are the best, 1 thread of actual /out/ content.
>>
File: 20151111_093752.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151111_093752.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
You should start on the MGTOW path young anon.
A steady diet of redpills will do you a world of good.
>>
File: dudewhattheheck.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
dudewhattheheck.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>877969
i-is that cum?
>>
>>877969

Project much? /out/ isn't /(You)/. The only one that belongs on Reddit is you in /r/circlejerk.
>>
>>877976
This. Your fishing activities aren't more legit than someone who likes to camp, hike and make feather sticks in the woods.
>>
>>877969
>/out/ - Outdoors

Hiking is going outdoors faggot. Maybe you should go back to
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>877985
That is for My Little Pony. Hiker fags who go out in their My Little Pony socks need to go there.
>>
File: IMG_20160130_172348667_HDR.jpg (102KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160130_172348667_HDR.jpg
102KB, 600x803px
>>877969
>post about /out/ because it's their lifestyle and not a hobby.
Eh; not everyone is going to be a "pro", or full-time outdoors guide.
Very few people are going to thru-hike AT, ride the TAT, climb Everest, compete in whatever sport at a national level, etc.
Get out however and however often you want.
And if you want to improve, make that happen. Find a coach/mentor, challenge/educate yourself, and most important... promote your sport. Get involved.

Even as active as I am in my various outdoor adventures, it's still a hobby for me; I couldn't do it if I didn't have income from my professional career.

>But instead it's 10 threads asking what knife should I get, 5 threads asking what backpack is best, 3 threads what boots are the best, 1 thread of actual /out/ content.
Agreed, these threads are a cancer here. Add the youtube-celebrity circlejerking threads to that list too. Just hide them and move on.
>>
>>877969
You probably already know it but you're a major faggot. Also I'm ready to bet my left nut that you're an overweight fatlard that is mad that some high speed low drag hiker fucked some girl that you were interested in.

Follow the light and come to the bright side of life. #wayoflife #hikingtillIdie #cubenfibermasterrace
>>
>>877961
Find a nice patch of woods and run around like you did as a kid until youre exhausted. Lay down, drink some water, and then go back home. Consider how you feel. You should be able to figure the rest out.
>>
>>877968
>>877961

Go someplace beautiful on a nice day. Sit and enjoy the sights. Watch the clouds, feel some sand or grass or dirt on your bare feet.

Music can definitely enhance the experience for some people, and can detract for others. Find out which is true for you. Either way, make some time for silence.

If you do this, and find it helpful /inspiring /releasing etc, then work on traveling to more remote places. You'll find the beauty of those places worth so much more, based on the effort it took to get there.

A lot of people here will tell you to go on this long hike, or go camp at a new place every night, etc.

For me, what turns off the world is getting to a Remote location with an amazing view, and staying there as long as I can. Star gazing, wildlife watching, and just general nature appreciation. The last trip I went on was with a friend for 3 days, and it was very emotional. Not in a crying sort of way, just a raw, inspiring feeling. It genuinely made me feel like a kid again. And I don't give a Fuck if anyone else even kows I experienced it.

Give it a try, op. And I promise it will help with your weight, too.
>>
File: IMG_0269.jpg (94KB, 635x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0269.jpg
94KB, 635x981px
>>877969
I agree. The fishing thread is the best one on /out/
>>
Don't feel ashamed, OP. At least 80% of the general population is the same.

I've struggled with coming to the conclusion that a materialistic lifestyle isn't for me, mostly because it ostracizes me completely from my peers. I get much more enjoyment out of a walk in the woods on a cold, windy day where I get to feel my cheeks flush than I do from blowing some ridiculous amount of money on some dead item.

So, I'm preparing myself to let go of society and become a traveler. I'm buying survival gear and already have a date set for when I head out into the world.
>>
>>878094
thank you anon. How do i stop caring so much about things that dont matter? /toy/,/co/,/tv/ related things?
>>
>>878098
Not him, but for me it's a combination of:
1) filling my time with other things (bicycling, work, errands, going for walks, thinking deep thoughts, &c.)
2) applying a mrmoneymustache -esque view toward buying things (too long to type, google it)

Get /out/ more, it's therapeutic. Solvitur ambulando.
>>
>>877964
Alot of people cant afford to buy the supplies for, the time to learn how, or the means to travel to a spot to do so

Fishing can be cheap, but not everyone enjoys it. And frankly speaking as someone whos major hobby is fishing it tends to get more fun as you spend more money, because for the best fish to catch around me at least (trout, musky, pike and walleye) you need to spend a decent dollar to be able to effectively fish for them. Even bass lures are pretty pricey
>>
>>878097
What will you do out there? How will you get food?
>>
>>877969
Most of /out/ is faggots like you derailing threads with reactionary bullshit.
>>
>>877961
>Life is based on the approval of others
You can use that to your advantage still. Just take a bunch of pictures of the outside and buy a bunch of gear to post pictures here, there's your approval
>>
underrated
>>
Except for the namefags and cucks like you posting fatties
>>
>>878209
Food is easy to get. Dumpster diving, food stamps, soup kitchens, random people. Frankly so is ever else, you can get free tents and sleepingbags from shelters, free medical from clinics and hospitals, free bus tokens, free drugs, free cash lots of free pussy too if you are a fag and into that sort of thing
>>
>>878230
Permavirgin spotted
>>
>>878209
Wander. Enjoy life at my own pace.

I'll leave with enough money to keep me going for 70 months at least, and I'll bring fishing gear. Plus, books on edible plants are always available at local libraries.
>>
>>878124
My advice is to stop visiting those sites. Maybe remove yourself from social media for a year as well.

This is known as cocoon mode. Add /fit/ to your rounds for inspiration as well as /out/

You're a caterpillar now. If you want to be a butterfly, you're going to have to cocoon. People don't see changes as quickly as you do, so removing your progress from their sights makes the end result all the more impressive for others. But you should be doing this for yourself. The encouragement from friends/family is just a bonus.

Let's face it. I'm sure you're Terrible with relationships as well. Every improvement you desire will be hindered by toy, Co, and TV.

Good news is that it's never too late to change.
>>
>>877961
How did you have build up your collection? Step by step, reaching for a goal you set yourself. Thats how you achieve things in life. Set yourself a goal like "I walk x miles with a backpack of y wight" or "I will look for max 30 minutes at a map and go to the most interesting place I see". You will miss a goal in a while. Dont think too much about, call it a day and try again soon. Repetition and setting yourself steadily new goals will bring you the success youre looking for.
>>
File: 1454128116534.jpg (2MB, 3240x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1454128116534.jpg
2MB, 3240x3600px
start with the Greeks
>>
>>877961
Instead of your next comic book or toy grab a cheap ass fishing set and go to your local waterway at some stage, I don't even go to catch anything I just enjoy casting and reeling in.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark from what you say you buy and guess your peer group are kind of they nerdier kind? No problem there, do you play mtg? on a nice day with no breeze assuming you've got sleeves and a play mat you can actually play in some lovely /out/ locations (just don't pick anywhere too hard to get your cards back if the wind picks up)

Most of my friends play D&D as do I, my favourite way to get them /out/ is to bring them camping and run a game around the campfire.

>tl;dr look at your /in/ habits and see how you can apply them to being /out/

And don't worry anon, everyone goes through it :)
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.