[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

File: 1466045972821.jpg (35KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466045972821.jpg
35KB, 960x960px
>go camping
>find bear

wat do?
>>
From what I understand of bears, they have the advantage of speed, so DO NOT try to run from one.
I'm not too sure if looking big would help more than going up a tree.
If I found a bear. I'd try to look big while backing up to a tree to climb up.
>>
>>876343
Trees are like an ez flight of stairs for bears

It's like going up a flight up stairs to escape a murderer... Won't do anything.

So the look big advice is good. but make sure it's a black bear. And don't be too aggressive and threaten them, just look like you don't want any of its shit
>>
>meeting a bear innawoods is a single solution problem
what kind of bear?
what season?
how aggressive is it acting?
is it alone?
does it have cubs?
how big is it?
how big are you?
how far away is it?
has it seen you?
>>
>>876335
Leave the bear where you found it. Finders Keepers does not apply to bears.
>>
>>876349
>>876348
This, and this. I saw a tip for looking big, take off your coat and lift it above your head. But uh, leave your coat on if you're getting attacked of course.
>>
shouldn't you just pack a gun?
>>
File: 500SWHornady01.png (906KB, 800x780px) Image search: [Google]
500SWHornady01.png
906KB, 800x780px
>>876383
>>
>>876335
Call it fat and make fun of its tiny dick.
>>
>>876383
>>876395
Bear spray will work better than guns.

https://www.fws.gov/mountain-prairie/species/mammals/grizzly/bear%20spray.pdf
>>
>>876466
>Unlike an attack by a human assailant,
who may be able to use your own weapon against you

stopped reading there
>>
*spread arms, puff out chest*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FUCK OFF CUNT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
I've only encountered black bears because I'm on the east coast and they're big babies.
>>
blind it with a fuckhueg laser
>>
File: surprise.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
surprise.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>876335
Rape.
>>
>>876335
>>go camping
>>find bear
>wat do?
do bear.
>>
>>876466
>this meme again
>>
File: grizzlyattack.jpg (7KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
grizzlyattack.jpg
7KB, 299x169px
>bear spray
>works
>pick one
>>
I just let my dog chase them off. Have even encountered a bear with 3 cubs. Let my dog loose and she chased the mama bear off and the cubs followed her. Whistled for dog to come back and we kept hiking. I've had times where a bear got aggressive, but wasn't close enough to pose a threat. I carry bear spray on me at all times.

>>876887
If he didn't spray that bear, it would have mauled him to death. The only reason it stopped is because the spray was getting too much for it to handle.
>>
>>876893
What about the second time it attacked him you fucking retard
>>
>>876897

Don't talk about that part. That'd require the idiot to do some actual research into what hes talking about, instead of speaking out of his ass.
>>
>>876897
Bear spray does not advertise that you will get out of a bear attack without a scratch. Since bear spray was invented, 97% of attacks the victim survived. It you think it's some magical repellent like bug spray, then you have never been /out/
>>
File: redhawk.png (1019KB, 977x551px) Image search: [Google]
redhawk.png
1019KB, 977x551px
>>876903

>.44 mag problem solver

Joe Rogan fucked a grizzly up with one of these. I'd take the weight of a firearm in the woods any day over a can of bear spray.
>>
>>876909

Good option, but not the best,

According to a study by the Plant and Wildlife Sciences, bear spray has a 98% success rate against attacks, hand guns have 84%, and long rifles 76%.

I don't carry bear spray because when I go /out/, I'm hunting, not hipster hiking or camping.
>>
>>876351
Kek
>>
>>876335
depends on what type of bear
>>
>>876914
But if you know how to shoot a handgun it is 100% success rate

If a bear still attacks me after having 5 500 magnum rounds in it, it deserves to eat me.
>>
>>876349
This is a surprisingly helpful post. Please refrain from making such quality posts from now on, please.
>>
>>877229
Good luck firing off more than 2 500's accurately within the bears sprinting distance.

OP, if you're attacked by said bear, your best bet would be to grapple with it. Of course, you can always carry a pound of salt with you.

>create circle of salt around yourself
>say magic words
>bear can't hurt you

You could also ask the local sasquatch for assistance. Theyre quite experienced.
>>
>>876335
Freeze in fear for a few seconds before half reaching for your bear spray. At this point you will either already be seriously injured, or the bear will have run away. If the bear has run away, shout after it worthlessly and get your gerber knife out to give you a false sense of security
>>
>>876335
try to throw ham at it until it calms down then look straight in its eyes and whisper 'best bear of all' - this will make the bear pleased to meet you and then you can shake his hand
>>
>>876893
Same here. My dog is my protection.

This is pretty much what I do when I run into a bear, except I don't yell at my dog like a faggot or run facing away from the bear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxN59KJMbAw
>>
>>876466
Bear spray will do fuck all against pizzly bears, bugger off mate
>>
>>877375
Statistics disagree with you.
>>
>>877391
no they don't, bear spray doesn't work on polar bears or polar bear hybrids you stupid cunt
>>
>>876335
do NOT fuck the bear
>>
>>877396
A 2008 study by Smith et al included two polar bear encounters where the bears were successfully deterred with bear spray.
>>
>>877375
>>877396
Look out, we gotta armchair bear expert here guise!
>>
>>877405
Bears are not the monster you think they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpD3TmaCCtQ

And bear spray work on every living thing.
>>
>>877405
IIRC, Isn't bear spray actually less potent than regular human spray? There's just more spray and higher pressure, correct?
>>
>>877447
Berrr got rekd
>>
>>877448
Yes. Bear spray is not intended to cause any serious pain to the bear, but just enough to irritate it and back off. Pepper spray is painful as fuck, while bear spray isn't all too bad.
>>
>>877448
You don't have the right to use it on humans for a reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gw78gLU6fQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STYb0i4UgqQ
>>
>>877447
Post polar bears being cute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-Nyt4Bmi8
>>
>>877450
Just saying, bears won't even feel pepper spray for humans. Their sprays are much more potent.
>>
>>877447
You're not fooling anyone, bear
>>
>>876335
>Offer wine, hors d'oeuvres and a seat at the campfire
>Make small talk
>When bear mentions soreness from digging grubs all day, say you know a great shoulder massage technique
>Work that tension out of those thick bear shoulders
>Whisper gently to bear
>Slowly move hands to bear's erogenous zones
>Whisper tender things, lovely things
>Compliment bear's wide paws and wrinkly nose
>Allow bear to gently remove your clothing with its teeth, as soft as if it was picking berries
>You are now ready for bear sexy times
>With luck, the cubs will come in mid-winter
>>
>>876335
admire its beauty.
>>
be disgusted and walk away
i prefer twinks.
>>
>>879841
kek
>>
>>879841
pffff
>>
Don't make the bear mad...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU5cMZymSr0
>>
>>876479
>>
>>877291
i went to bear university and can confirm this is the best course of action
>>
>>880195
this is hilarious

poor kayak
>>
>>880195
GO AWAY BEAR
>>
>>880195
BEAR!
>>
>>880195
BEAR NO PLEASE STOP BEAR
>>
>>876383
Shooting a bear is unlikely to kill it, especially if it's already charging at you, and MORE likely to make its attack more brutal since now it's in pain
>>
>>876349
>does it have cubs?
It seems to be most important one. If it has cubs, you're fucked.
>>
>>876466
>not getting human spray which is stronger.
>>
>>880195

https://youtu.be/pm2mWYbsLZc?t=17s
>>
File: IMG_20151209_204803.jpg (839KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151209_204803.jpg
839KB, 2048x1536px
>>881376
Not if I shoot it. Period.
>>
>>876335
>unzips dick
>>
>>877375
>pizzly bears
uhmm
>>
>>881586
retarded myth that just won't die.
>>
You're confirmed nigger tier if you're going into the bear's territory and then shooting it because it wanted to defend itself.

That's like going into someone's house to sleep on their couch and then suing them when they shot you because you're an intruder.

P.S. Bears don't just attack the first time. They'd rather you piss off than fight you.
>>
>>881617
Idontneedbrainsihaveahandcannon.jpg
>>
>>876493
Even when they're eating [bear] babies. Real mature, jealous black bears.
>>
>>877257
Sasquatch hides out of shame. Sasquatch not want anyone to know origins =human raping bear.
>>
>>883470
Underrated
>>
>>876335
Put a sharpie in its pooper
>>
>>876335

Back Country Bear Basics

Buy a copy off Amazon, read it cover to cover twice and stop asking /out/ about this because you won't get a good amswer
>>
>>876335
Don't walk up and slap it.
Don't try to rape it.
Don't rub yourself in peanut butter and honey and try to play dead.
Don't walk up to it with a Yogi voice trying to feed it from your "pick-a-nick basket."
Leave it the fuck alone. Odds are extraordinarily high it will do the same. As in, close to 100% for a black bear, somewhat less for a grizzly. You might have to act tough or yell at a grizzly if he's getting overly curious about you, then exit the area when safe.
>>
File: Black Bear Up Tree.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Black Bear Up Tree.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>876335
>Grizzly
Hope to god he's not hungry

>Black bears
Stand your ground, make noise, make yourself look big and fight back if it goes for you. It'll hate getting hurt and fuck off to find easier food elsewhere.

If you feel like a pussy just give him whatever food you have. They're scavengers, not predators, they don't want to eat you just whatever food you have in your bag.
>>
>>876335

Continue on with my business. He's not bugging me, so I'm gonna leave him alone.

If he starts shit, he can say hello to 1895m, chambered in 450 Marlin.
>>
>>877257

That's really not that hard to do if you practice. I've seen amateur (ppl who barely ever shoot) get 2 to 3 on target (center mass fourish inch groupings) in less than 2 seconds.

These are with full loads too.

Even Miculek has done all five shots in like 1 second, on target. Given he is a professional shooter.

No point in carrying if you're not gonna practice rapid follow up shots.
>>
File: 20160904_191811.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px)
20160904_191811.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>876466
Hahaha fuck bears. Leaded bear spray is better than unleaded bear spray.

45/70 master race.
>>
>>876335
If you're in bear country without mace, a gun and a knife with at least a 4-6 inch blade you deserve to be mauled to death for being a complete fucking tool.

Make a shit load of noise, shoot at it but don't hit it, usually they'll fuck right off unless they're starving or pissed, if a bear gets hungry enough it's going to do whatever the fuck it wants out of desperation.

Don't go up trees because they can climb better than you, don't run unless it's to a nearby vehicle (you will get outrun because bears can reach up to 30-40mph depending on type), stand your ground and preferably have your gun and knife already out.

If you do get attacked and haven't downed it yet, your best bet is try to stay with your front facing the bear at all times, getting put on your stomach is a death sentence because it'll probably go for the back of your neck and then you're dead.

You could try shoving your arm down its throat and stab it in the neck until it dies or try to bearhug it's neck and stay away from the mouth while stabbing it, that's what they taught us to do in Wyoming if we ever found ourselves in hand combat against a bear.

If you don't have a gun, mace or knife then kindly fuck off back to the city and leave the wilderness to people who have common sense, chances are if you're in bear country you're also in wolf and mountain lion country, all three will fuck you up, especially mountain lions.
>>
>>887298
And to all these people talking about climbing trees and shit.

No a 700lb brown bear isn't going to climb up after you. Only cubs and small blackies climb trees.

The problem comes in where you either don't climb the 10ft or so needed to get out of the bears reach in time. Or he just wanders out into the brush and waits for your dumb ass to climb down.

Bears are smart as fuck. Bring a gun, learn how to use it.
>>
>>887298
Mah nigga
>>
>>879820
Waht
>>
>>876335
Eat it.
>>
>>876479
But STRAYA doesnt even have bears anon.
>>
>>877294
Lol what a fuckup. First - shut up and let the dog do its thing until you pass. Second dont be wearing orange shit and guido hair the bear may fuck you to death.
>>
I ran up against a bear once.
Gave me a high five after I scratched its head.

Good people.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.