[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poorfag gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (33KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 200x200px
Hey /out/,

What are some good, yet cheap, brands of out stuff? I currently need a good rain jacket, and my fiancee needs a rain jacket, soft shell, and a fleece. Now, if we were to go to REI, we'd have to drop $800+ on all of this stuff. What are some stores/brands that have the same effectiveness without the price tag?
>>
thrift stores and consignment shops.
>>
>>876172
Wtf? My rain jacket is Columbia and cost me 40 bucks. Its fucking solid.

Membrands are ok if you got the money
>>
>>876172
Whatever that pic is. Get it.

For shorter trips, I've actually found uniqlo has some good stuff. Airism mesh shirts and trunks, packabe rain shell, packable down jacket, water resistant. The jackets arent super cheap, but they're half of what /out/ brands cost. I say shorter trips because I'm not super confident in their durability, but no problems yet.
>>
>>876172
Craghoppers are decent in my experience and pretty cheap
>>
Thrift shops is right, some great jackets there of all variants and I also got waders which surprisingly had no holes in them.

I'm not sure about literal camping gear other than sleeping bags and tents, you know the average joe stuff, but always just check the thrift shop first
>>
Depends where you live I guess. I have enough outlets and discount stores that I don't have to mess around with used deals. Hell most stores have good enough sales generally speaking.
>>
Honestly I've found gander mountain brand stuff isn't bad. Their Guide Gear and GSX brands are nice for the price.

Surprisingly Sam's Club randomly will have some jackets that aren't bad. They had down puffer jackets last winter for like $20 with 600fp down.

Columbia makes alright cheap stuff. I don't like their shoes, but can't beat their fleeces.
>>
>>876835
Outdoor store fag here, Craghoppers are A-OK and priced like Columbia.
>>
File: esdy.jpg (48KB, 611x605px) Image search: [Google]
esdy.jpg
48KB, 611x605px
>>876172

>http://www.banggood.com/search/mens-winter-coat.html

Ok you should now be able to get any type of jacket for dirt cheap. I got pic related from them for $40 when it was on special. Fucking best jacket I ever owned totally wind/water proof no issues and great quality. You just have to wait a bit longer than getting it from mall but totally worth it.
>>
>>877471
I bought it too, from a diff seller. It's modeled after the t.a.d ranger jacket, which is ~$500. I love mine too. It's important to remember it's a hard shell. You'll want to put a mid layer under it once it gets below freezing.

The quality of mine is pretty good too, btw. There are small mistakes, but nothing that compromised the function.(internal pit zips are not cut to equal length. The hem on the wrist cuff is very crooked on one side)

I also paid $130 on a Columbia grade max(it's a softshell) that's a tiny bit warmer, but no where near 4x better... And $100 on a Columbia hailtech2(hard shell) that's complete garbage as anything other than a light rain coat.
>>
I cheap out on everything besides footwear and backpacks. You can't find comfortable + durable + cheap in those. Most clothing is all the same material and you're just paying brand markup. Not all, but most.
>>
>>877983

I bought the hard shell and fleece version of this jacket and kept me warm in -6c temps. I agree you need layers under hardshell but wind or water won't get in there. My jacket had no noticeable defects sizing perfect. I did stab a little hole in it with my knife when i was clearing a buck path off nettles.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.