[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm legit worried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

File: 1472525488589.jpg (35KB, 576x479px) Image search: [Google]
1472525488589.jpg
35KB, 576x479px
Guys, I'm from /pol/ and have no idea if whats going to happen is or not. But I'm about 75% certain a nuclear war will breakout between us and Russia; if not full blown then Cold.

WHAT do I need to learn about surviving outdoors?
HOW do I do this stuff on a poorfag budget (three person household, below poverty level with a not quite 2 year old, one parent working other sahp)?
WHERE do we go? We live in NKY, 10-15 min drive into Cincinnati Oh. Not the best place in my opinion to be when/if shit goes down.

Sorry if this sounds dumb. I'm very concerned about my child surviving anything like this if it were to happen.
>>
I just want to be prepared
>>
>>875891
Stock up on water, stock up on easily prepared food with shitload of calories. Buy a gun, atleast a pistol. Buy a gas can and keep it filled.
Bonus points for buying iodine pills.
>>
>nuclear fallout
>surviving outdoors

Pick 1
>>
>>875918
The danger from fallout is over rated.Don't get me wrong it's bad, just not as bad as people make it and the danger is more of a long term thing than instant death. As long as you aren't next to ground zero or down wind you'll probably be fine. Most of the /out/doors would be unaffected even if you nuked every major US City.
>>
>>875891
I'm gonna direct to the roleplaying threads already in progress:
>>868284
>>871841

Myself, as soon as a SHTF scenario looks likely, this is my plan:
>withdraw all of muh moneys from the bank
>drive to basketball american neighborhood
>buy a lot of heroin
>sit on my couch watching reruns of The Simpsons while enjoying said heroin
>as soon as the cable or power goes out (whichever comes first), shoot up all remaining heroin

I'm not tryin to deal with that bullshit. I enjoy my air conditioning and processed foods too much. It's not worth living through that if every day is a fight to survive (and your survival is unlikely in the first place). So if you need some free fishing tackle a couple hours after the bombs go off, just stop by my place. I won't put up a fight.
>>
>>875891
>NKY
Nigga the first places nukes will hit will be militaryand strategic targets with lotsa ppl. Also the coast will get the worst since we have anti icbm. Think san diego LA new york etc. Russia dont give two fucks about ky.
Go back to fucking your sister. Your inbred child will be just fine.
>>
>>875928
You got a permit for that thing?
>>
>>875919

Nukes wouldn't target major cities. They would target our own nuclear supply and other military stock piles, which are mostly located in mountains and /out/ areas. Russian government are sophisticated people, not ignorant sand niggers.
>>
>>875932
Don't tread on muh freedums commie
>>
>>875891
>I'm from /pol/

Go back to your retard board. Hopefully, if something does happen (it won't), you'll be some of the first to die.
>>
>>875891
>'take da redpill to see like me and see the truth'
>Actually falls for the bluff of a disgraced and weakened former shell of a credible threat.

Dude, you're falling for Putin's meme of an 'inevitable and threatening nuclear war'.

1962 called to say that they're having one hell of a laugh over you.
Anyway, long story short, go in your bush and try eating almost everything you think can be eaten.
Nibble on things which you believe are safe for consumption, see what you can do. Read a few books from your local library about the ecology, fauna, and flora of the environment. Literally, go to the library and then the bush.
>>
>>875891
Educate yourself on surviving outdoors and the effects of radiation poisoning.

If a nuclear war happens, depending on how far you are from the explosion site, you will either be fucked or have a chance at survival. If you are a few miles from the site, consider yourself dead, but if it is in a different city or state, chances are you will make it. For the first couple days, the atmosphere will be contaminated with radiation and it is important that you distance yourself from the outside in any way possible for the first few weeks. After hiding away with the required food and water(hopefully) the radiation levels should drop and you should strive to get out of the area as soon as possible.

If an EMP happens with or without the nuclear attack, then you will be unable to use any electronics that were not previously protected. If it happens during a nuclear war, then your chances of survival will drop dramatically, and you will be forced to travel by foot or bike.

Supplies you might like:
>50 gallon water barrels
>Some non-perishable food
>Iodine tablets (You will need these later...)
>A face mask
>A means of transportation
>>
>>875921
You might be a piss poor fisherman, but damn, you know how to do the end of the world.
>>
>>875919
Holy shit Hillary, you are insane
>>
>>875965
>>875909
>>875919

Thank you. I tried looking stuff up online but the information was vague and conflicting. We're thinking of moving at some point, but its hard to do on our budget.

>>875928
Why does everyone always assume Ky, especially northern ky, you know, where its an actual urban area, is inbred? More likely to find inbreeding in Alambama or Georgia.

>>875943
>>875947
>>875958
>>875918
>>875921
This is not roleplaying, and people who dont take this crap seriously are the first to die. Your heroin problem sounds like a dumbass move.

I came here because I thought you people were a lot more likely to give me ACTUAL ADVICE ON OUTDOOR SURVIVAL. I literally have not been camping since I was a child, hate going into nature and am very scared in general of whats going on in the world. There is no "redpill" I've taken. Just legitimate stories that point to another highly possible Cold War that becomes warm happening in our lifetimes.

I actually read the rules before posting here, checked the catalog and saw no "shtf" posts. I was under the impression I would be treated a little more politely by showing interest in survival. Excuse me for caring about my family.
Neck yourself you elitist fags.
>>
>>875921
Also you're seriously implying you'll have any tv to watch at all, because i guarantee you if he elctricity doesnt go out, then the stations transmitting those channels will.
>>
>>876003
What else did you expect from 4chan faggot?
>>
>>875891
Put it simply a nuke war will never happen. There is no point in defeating a large nation and not taking over its landmass and resources....

Be more ready for a land invasion from the west coast from china...
>>
>>875891
>im from /pol/

well there is your first mistake

>inb4 memeing
>>
>>875891
top kek OP, you're a faggot too.
>>
>>875891
>I'm about 75% certain a nuclear war will breakout between us and Russia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

The world has been way closer to nuclear destruction than the Syrian conflict. If anything, the Syrian conflict is more similar to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet%E2%80%93Afghan_War

Proxy wars between the U.S. and Russia are a relic of the cold war and have never ceased since. It's safe to assume that we've never left the cold war, the territory lines and power grabs just happened to favor the U.S. more.

You're not going to outrun an ICBM. Let's say you pulled a move like that fat guy from Dr. Strangelove. Instead of a bomb you rode an ICBM from your town to L.A. You'd get there in 6 minutes. The wind created from thousands of nukes going off in the states is going to blow so much radioactive dirt at you that you'll probably be dead within years if acute radiation sickness doesn't take you down.

You're going to starve to death, regardless. There are still so many other things that can happen when you introduce all that heat to the Earth's system at such a short interval.
>>
I don't really think that in case of a nuclear war outdoor survival knowledge will be useful that much.
>>
>>876026
i think we are in a second cold war again with syria and ukraine as proxy wars but brinkmanship will keep us alive

watch: vice - cold war 2.0
>>
>>875939
No, nukes would like still target major cities either as a part of MAD doctrine or just plain making sure that as much damage is done as possible, to make it more likely that whoever's nuking us would win in the subsequent war and fear additional unholy retribution just a little bit less.
>>
What will protect me from thermal radiation (assuming I'm not in the blast zone)?
>>
>>875921
Praying for fallout so you finally get purged
>>
"How do I survive outside when outside is a nuclear wasteland"

The key to surviving a nuclear disaster is not going deeper /out/... but deeper /in/...
>>
>>875921

Your honesty is respectable, though. At least you're manning up to the fact you're a failure as a man.
>>
>>876093
Shit, I don't have kids or anything. My mom is the only person I give a fuck about and she is in her 60s with a bad hip so she aint making it very far. Why live in misery for 3 months only to die from starvation?

I would like to be around for a little bit of the looting.
>>
>>876013
If's fuckers like you that give others the impression that all of 4chan is like /b/.
>>
>>876004
Exactly. As soon as shit stops broadcasting, I'm checking out. I'm assuming those will be some of the first things to go.
>>
File: 1442316729975.jpg (306KB, 1280x957px) Image search: [Google]
1442316729975.jpg
306KB, 1280x957px
>>876003
>>876003
>ACTUAL ADVICE ON OUTDOOR SURVIVAL

google Ray Mears, watch all his stuff on youtube, Survivorman after that
>>
>>876020
Yeah noones ever gonna develop a wmd that just destroys all human life and leaves resources
>Land invasion from China
I would love to see that.
>>
>>876003
Breathe, newfriend.

I'm not going to be able to que a video montage so that you're a badass overnight. Go play outside. Study while the internet still exists.
>>
>>876167
Good. We ain't hiring.
Faggots.
>>
>>876020
West coast? Naw. Mexico. There is a lot of room to stash troops.
And they understand both that if it works, they need new buddies and that if it doesn't, we will forgive them.
>>
>>876169
You really are a gigantic faggot like your name implies. So fucking obsessed with your /in/ life that you can't fathom living /out/
>>
>>875891
why would you want to survive after a nuclear war?
>>
>>876354
This, anyone seen threads?
>>
>>876326
Going /out/ as recreation fir the weekend is a different story. People are friendly and you still have your protein bars, Farfagnügen jacket, down blanket, and ultralight tent.

Sorry to break it to you, but it won't be the same.
>>
>>875891
Easy now, Alex Jones. Nothing will happen.
>>
File: 1469661408538.jpg (85KB, 691x864px) Image search: [Google]
1469661408538.jpg
85KB, 691x864px
>>875891
/pol/ is here for good reasons, so go back to your containment board.
>>
>>875891
You can spend a ton of time and money preparing, scaring and driving away your friends and family with your paranoia, or you can stop visiting /pol. It's up to you to decides what's easier.
>>
>>875891

OK first off, I count three "russia nuke" threads. So this is probably yet another case of /pol/tard virgins raiding. I'll get back to that point.

Second, Russia's nuclear forces are greatly reduced from the soviet era. As >>875939 points out, Russia's remaining forces are primarily focused on counterforce. Go to /k/ and talk to Oppenheimer to see what that means. Bottom line: if a nuclear exchange is bad enough that bumfuck kentucky descends into barbarism, there won't be any innawoods left to bug out into. But more likely, even in a nuclear war you'll see only strategic targets hit. Cincinnati isn't one of them, and if it were, it would be with a weapon small enough that the suburbs wouldn't be touched.

Third, If a nuke is used in downtown Cincinnati, then your only concern is fallout. Have a well-stocked pantry, a few gallons of supermarket water jugs, some bleach, and a 50 gal container of tap water (rotate the last every month or so). In a nuke/chem/bio attack, or any natural disaster, you'll be fine. Immediately add a tablespoon of bleach to the 50gal of tap water, but only drink from your 1 gallon jugs. By the time you need purified water, you'll have it. In a nuke attack, fallout is your only concern, you can protect against that via a good roof and weather sealed windows (good for your power bill anyway). Within a couple weeks, radiation will be within safe limits even if you happen to be in the fallout pattern (not likely anyway given that you're south of the target).

Fourth, your single best preparation is to get a better job and clean up your life. A nuclear fantasy is a convenient form of escapism because it's a "danger" that distracts you from real life problems that are much more painful to solve. "Who cares what job I have, it's all going to hell anyway!" And even if a nuclear war was coming, a better job and getting the hell off /pol/ would give you the financial resources you need to prep more effectively for it.

1/2
>>
>>876541

Now, what about this whole nuke thing? I'm all for prepping, but how likely is this scenario?

First, /pol/ are a bunch of ignorant, stupid fucks. They wouldn't know international security policy if it bit them on the ass, which I know because it repeatedly does. Go read Henry Kissinger's book Diplomacy. Review some solid history books. Get on the StrategyPage. In other words, get a real damn education from people who actually know something.

Second... nuclear war with Russia? Unlikely. First, over what? Neither the US nor Russia has any interests being threatened that would be worth pushing The Button for. The Russian press and the RVS (formerly KGB foreign directorate) are the ones pushing this line, but what exactly are they saying will happen? That the US will launch a first strike? Why?

Is Russia saying THEY would launch a first strike? Again, why? Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do. If they were seriously concerned, then why continue confronting us in Ukraine and Syria? Why move nukes into Kaliningrad, and why boast about it? Those are wars of choice. They aren't acting like a country that's scared, they're acting like a country rattling its saber. Would Russia seriously sacrifice Moscow to gain Odessa? Or sacrifice Moscow to win brownie points with Assad?

Point being that even a grade school level of international diplomatic savvy would tell you that the odds of a nuclear war is 0%. Neither country has any interest in a nuclear confrontation because neither country's survival is at stake conventionally, so why escalate?

Again, get a better job. Get off drugs/alcohol. Quit smoking. Exercise. Finish your HS diploma and maybe get an associates degree. Develop some personal discipline and responsibility. Get /out/ because it's a smarter hobby than the life-destroying diversions you're into at the moment. And get the hell off /pol/, because that shit is the most life-destroying of them all.

2/2
>>
>>875891
All my friends don't watch Fox, CNN, etc and we're not worried about shit. Stop being like old fuckers worried about nukes like it's 1959....or 69..... or 79
>>
>>876438
/pol/acks can't changs the world unless they come out and speak to people, fuck off with your containment board bs. /pol/ isn't a board, it's a way of life.
>>
>>876045
Air strikes yes, but they wouldn't waste money nuking. Also, the United States has $937 billion worth of nuclear defense technology and equipment. The chance of a nuclear strike hitting US soil is like 7% according to some meme political "scientists"
>>
>>875891
Are you fucking serious? There are already like 14 threads about this shit. Check the fucking catalog.
>>
>>876771

/pol/tards shouldn't change the world, because they're asshole morons. And being a /pol/tard isn't a way of life, it's a reason to kill yourselves.

Now that you've admitted that this is purely a bait thread, let's let it die.
>>
>>875891
I'm heading back over to /pol/ now. Would you like me to hold your hand on the way?
>>
File: delusions.png (36KB, 767x479px) Image search: [Google]
delusions.png
36KB, 767x479px
i hate these threads. russians live for ground combat. if anyone would nuke us it would be china or whatever muslims get their hands on nukes. and what kind of kentucky boy cant survive in the wild? you have the political awareness of a kentucky person but you are useless. my kentucky family would laugh at you. get of /pol/ and learn how to secure water and foraging skills.
>>
>>876003
Mad people are elitist. Can't perform a basic google search and invest your own time in learning something you are "Very scared" about. You don't care and you aren't very scared at all, it is something for you to talk about.

Your only defense is you are asking here for the information. In which case, why are you asking a bunch of lying neckbeards for info?

I want you to use cyanide to purify your water so I don't have to worry about running into delusional retards in the woods.
>>
>>876003
>I hate going in nature
>Tell me how to live in nature for the rest of my life

Dude, you sound insane
>>
>>875891
Learn how to camp and shoot, then learn how to camp longer.
>>
>>876045
It wouldn't just be due to MAD. Major cities are often home to major targets. e.g, San Diego One of the 10 largest cities in the country hosts several key naval bases and any sane opponent would want to neutralize a good chunk of the pacific fleet while it was still in port. Moving up the coast a bit you've got the LA Area which is home to large numbers of defense contractors.

>>876067
Wear white clothes. Paint your house white. Be white. Only partly joking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrYjVv9SyMQ
>>
>>875891
How about instead of shitposting on /pol/ you go and get a job instead of expecting your wife to do all the work?
>>
>>875891
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sq7wbLVAVk
>>
>>875891
It's probably been mentioned but get a knife. A mora will cost you like 13 dollars/euro
>>
>>876555
>>876541
Do not listen to this poster. He is a reptilian.
>>
>>876091
At least this guy gets it.

/thread
>>
>>875891
>Nuclear war now
>After we got close like this during the Cold War and the bombs never started dropping
Jesus, man, calm down. Neither the US or Russia actually wants to use nuclear weapons. It's been over a half century since WWII and everyone is afraid of carrying out a total war now, just as we've been afraid since we took Berlin.

We're not going to nuclear war over Syria. Conventional fighting may happen on a limited scale, but someone will either back down, or things will stay limited in scale. You fucking people act as if this shit is new. It's the same as it ever was.
>>
>>876003
>From pol
>wanting to be treated politely.

There's the fucking pot calling the kettle black.
KYS. You won't have to worry anymore.
>>
>>881198
Quit making racist jokes you cuck
>>
>>881229
It means you're a hypocrite you dense mother fucker.
>>
>>876167
>Make shit thread and demand to be spoonfed when you can just lurk
>Get buttmad when people call you out

Go back to your containment aggregate website you filthtard.
>>
>>881303
It's still racist you bigot
>>
>>881337
>muh racism

Please off yourself in the most uncomfortable way you can fathom
>>
>>876771
I don't WANT /pol/ to change the world, you're a bunch of underaged, misinformed, reactionary morons
>>
>>881337
"The pot calling the kettle black"

something you say that means people should not criticize someone else for a fault that they have themselves:
Elliott accused me of being selfish. Talk about
the pot calling the kettle black!

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/pot-calling-the-kettle-black

You are retarded.
>>
>>876033
Remove the word "nuclear" for a moment because everyone loses their fucking minds that word gets spoken. The conversation instantly devolves into "never going to happen, tinfoil hat" or "you'd be vaporized, can't protect against that".

Pretend the OP was asking for info that could help in the case of war in General. There's plenty of stuff to consider.

- Self defence, stockpiling arms and ammo, marksmanship, martial arts, knowledge of improvised explosives, booby traps, home defence, surveillance.
- First aid knowledge and supplies
- Food and water supplies, identifying the nearest natural water source, bushcraft, knowledge of edible local flora and fauna, hunting and trapping skills, water purification systems.
- Preparation of a bugout kit, identify a safe(r) place to bug out to in case of shtf and plan multiple routes there (what if the feds close the freeway, what if you're forced to abandon your vehicle, etc), communication systems and backups, clothing, camping gear, cash/gold/equipment to barter, negotiation techniques.
- Have a vehicle, know how to maintain and service it, store fuel and parts.

There's a LOAD of stuff OP could be considering, and guess what, many of them have day to day applications too. OP, don't let the chucklefucks dishearten you. There are dedicated survivalist and prepper forums out there, join some, particularly any that are geographically relevant to you.
>>
>>881337

Wow bait or not you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>881465
Cmon it's 2016 and you are not allowed to use the word black if it has negative connotations
>>
>>882089
kek
>>
>>875919
>tfw live several miles from one of the largest nuclear sub bases on the West Coast
At least I won't have to deal with the horrors of nuclear winter
>>
>>881541
You. I like you. Be safe out there, anon.
Polite sage for lack of content.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.