[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pulling the trigger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1476260337908.jpg (759KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1476260337908.jpg
759KB, 2048x1365px
Hey /out/

I haven't gone hunting in 3-4 years. I'm going hunting with my dad on sunday and I'm looking forward to it. But when I imagine pulling the trigger I feel weird. I've killed before but I was a little kid/young teen. I guess I wasn't really aware of the concept of death as much as I am now. I fear my own death and I have nights where I question if I am going to die in my sleep, painfully, without purpose.

I want to bond with my dad. I want to go out and hunt. But the idea of taking an animals life is making me feel weird. Its making me think hsrd on death.

I'm sorry if I come of as a pussy. I love the hunt but now I feel weird about the killing. I support hunting to the end. It's one of the things that keeps us close to nature.

Do any of you have this problem? What goes through your mind when you kill?
>>
>>875683
I have a similar problem to you, my friend d, but not quite the same. I have troubles cleaning what I kill. There's something about taking a whole animal and turning it into parts unnerves me. I'm trying to work through it, but it's taking a while because I don't get to hunt much.
Normally, when I take a shor, I don't feel much of anything other than a rush of excitement about seeing something. The killing is the easiest part for me. I shoot a lot, though, so pulling a trigger is kind of second nature to me. Do you shoot a lot? If you got more comfortable with sgooting, it might help break down some of the barrier.
>>
>>875683

Go write your blog else where, stop being such a massive faggot. While you're at it, you should tell your dad that his son is gone, was replaced with a worthless woman.
>>
hunting is barbaric and archaeic. its sad you need to take the life of an animal to bond with your dad and feel like men. truly sad & pathetic

why do you feel weird about killing animals?

probably because you dont need to do it, jackass.

this isnt the 1700s
>>
>>875713
this tbqhfam
>>
>>875714
this better just be shitposting m8
>>
>>875714
10/10 smugpost, bravo. Unless you are a vegan go shove your hypocrisy up your ass. Hunted animals live a natural life and have a brief fleeting moment of suffering before it all goes dark. Factory farmed animals live a lifetime of suffering then die in terror. Hunting is significantly more humane than the bullshit we do now.
>>
>>875683
I'm in the same boat, but I've never been hunting. I'm going tomorrow when the season opens. I'm really anxious about missing the animal (I have hand tremors), or hitting it where it won't kill it quickly. I'm also totally unsure what my reaction will be once it's done.
>>
>>875712
I'm getting back into shooting. I've gone to the range a couple times with rifle and shot crossbow from my backyard.

>>875713
(You)

>>875714
Hunting is one of the most natural and most human things. Our ancestors skills at hunting and problem solving are what gave us an edge over nature.

>>875735
I understand. I don't see myself missing but pulling the trigger and the after affect are what I feel weird about
>>
>>875735
You are going with someone, right? Hunting is one if those things that you kind of need someone to walk you through when you get started. Also, please dont take shots you aren't comfortable with. It's ok to let one walk if you don't have a good shot.
>>
>>875784
I'll be alone in a blind, but my uncle will be at his place about 500 yards away. They have hunted there for years. From my vantage, it's impossible to shoot anywhere near him. And yeah, I won't shoot at the first thing I see if it's not a good shot. Just first time jitters
>>
>>875825
OK, good. The shooting part is pretty much a no brainer, but trying to figure out how to track and dress something on the fly makes for bad times. Just try not to overthink anything and just focus on putting the round where it needs to go.
>>
>>875683
what a fucking vagina
>>
>>875683
>what goes through your mind when you kill

Inhale.
Is it a good clean shoot?
Yes.
Is the area behind the target safe?
Yes.
Exhale.
Squeeze trigger.
>>
>>875683
I hate to tell you dude, gone hunting twice, didn't give it a second thought of killing the deer either time. Didn't think about it beforehand either, many more important things to plan. Don't be a wimp.
>>
>>875714
Now all we need is vegan hunting permits!
>>
The animals youll shoot have had a better life then the stock you buy from stores.
Don't feel bad, embrace the natural order and enjoy the meat.
>>
>>875683
that's good; enjoying the killing of animals is what separates sociopaths from people who hunt

have respect for the creatures and focus on the purpose of hunting in the first place
>>
>>875735
Update: no buck today, but I saw a few does. I didn't have the same anxious feeling as soon as I got into the blind. I wasn't worried at all about pulling the trigger, so hopefully that feeling extends to tomorrow.
>>
>>875683
I started feeling this way about fishing trout. I used to keep them but recently I think it's just amazing to have these fish there even if they're stocked. I never keep wild fish unless I have to eat because I figure they have a hard enough time with all the environmental issues they have.

My dad's from vietnam actually and from this amazing beach town that had the coral destroyed for tourist souvenirs and my cousins were out fishing one day for these tiny fish and there was just nothing out there. My dad said when he was a kid there were so many fish. It just was really sad to see that. It kind of affected my views on wildlife conservation and I'm glad that where I'm from we try to preserve wild animals and I can see bears, and elk, and moose, and sturgeon, and all kinds of trout and all that and go out into wild forests and mountains.

I don't knock that people go out and hunt, I just don't see a need for me to do it as I'd rather just enjoy what's out there instead of harvest it and can get food from domesticated animals that are plentiful and out of the wild ecosystem. Sometimes I think about animals like mammoths or woolly rhinos or cave lions or irish elk and wonder if it was people that ended them and how amazing it would be to see one in the wild. I saw some pronghorns once and it amazed me this basically antelope can be found in my back yard or something like a musk ox is a real thing I could see.
>>
>>879313
The destruction of ecosystems is unstoppable now that the west has bred a few billon more niggers with their charity and compassion.

May as well live like a man and kill some lesser animals. If you like antelope go to wyoming, there's like half a million of them begging to be harvested
>>
>>875683
I never hunted until I was in my 20's. Really had no desire to ever kill anything.

I watched a couple of survival shows and one person really spoke to me. I forget their name because this was 2+ years ago but when they took an animal they just had a moment of silence with the animal. Just mental talking about how they were grateful for the meal and wished the animal peace. For some odd reason this works very well for me.
>>
File: 1436274561475.gif (3MB, 309x225px) Image search: [Google]
1436274561475.gif
3MB, 309x225px
>>875714
Insightful, edgy, contrarian, a little bit of history thrown in, 10/10 great job!

>>875683
OP, why not just go out and enjoy. Tell your pops you weren't feeling it today.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.