[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homeless General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 62

File: rsz_1002161852.jpg (359KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1002161852.jpg
359KB, 1328x747px
/HGT/

Sup fags welcome to shitpost general, continue as usual.

Washington is full of rain and fuck.
>>
File: rsz_20161007_114238.jpg (116KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20161007_114238.jpg
116KB, 576x960px
Nice to be out of the midwest
>>
File: rsz_1007161237_pano.jpg (630KB, 4800x656px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_1007161237_pano.jpg
630KB, 4800x656px
>>
File: acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D134.jpg (701KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D134.jpg
701KB, 960x1280px
Awwww yissss, best thread

>>875633
Why haven't you made it down to Norcal/SoOre? It's prime time to be making those connections
>>
File: 20160630_182635.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px)
20160630_182635.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Livin the dream
>>
>>875633

The weather in WA has been horrible. Tree already taken out a neighbour's car this morning. News was reporting winds up to 100mph tonight. Gotta get the generator out.
>>
>>875634
Im in the midwest and if i saw ur dumb dog i'd shoot it to bits
>>
>>875758
What part? I'm in the Midwest right now, we can duel about it sperg
>>
>>875633
I hope itll rain for weeks in the Bay area (it wont). Maybe it'll convince some of the seasonal bums that come here for the winter to stay the fuck away.
>>
>>875667
Got hit with trim work as soon as i got in this state. I may still go to oregon though.

>>875719
Im digging it, hasnt gotten so bad in Gold Bar, but we have had some wind.

>>875758
Say that to my face faggot not online see what happens

>>875772
Nah
>>
>>875772
I don't think you understand how it works. The "seasonal bums" will go there either way, as will the green bums who don't understand the environment they're getting into. The natives are always there.

How long have you been living in SF? What hood you in? Probably not the actual city, unless you're pretty new.

>>875779
Yeah I figured that after I asked, not bad. I'm jealous, I might get away and get over there in time for some work depending on how things go here.
>>
How do you post if you're homeless?
>>
>>875936
There are these things called cellular telephones which have the ability to access the internet. Oh and wifi...
>>
Hi, I'm homeless. I have all of the comforts of a home, a cellphone, a laptop, and I have a truck to sleep in but trust me when I say that I'm homeless.
>>
Hi, I'm homeless.
>>
>>876017
Hi Homeless, I'm Dan.
>>
>>875942
Why are you posting on 4chan if you're homeless?
Don't you have bigger things to worry about? Are you homeless by choice?
>>
>>876136
>bigger things to worry about
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>875638
Where's this tunnel?
>>
>>876180
Western Montana
>>
File: DSC_1813.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1813.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>875638
tunnels are neat.
>>
>>876144
Is it a lifestyle choice?
>>
http://www.greendoors.org/facts/general-data.php
>>
>>876196
A survey of missions, shelters and salvation armies doesnt mean shit
>>
File: acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D105.jpg (386KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D105.jpg
386KB, 1024x768px
>>876196
Hell, up until a year or two ago the Seattle annual homeless count wasn't taking into consideration the amount of homeless sleeping in their vehicles. Turns out a whole third of the total homeless in Seattle were sleeping in vehicles.

>>876192
I wont speak for that anon but personally its a mix of both. I was forced into the situation and then made it my life after having been forced into homelessness several times before I was 21.

The difference between you and I is that when you go adventuring and vagabonding its a break from your regular life of working and paying rent; when I get a job or pay rent it's a break from my regular life of traveling and doing the thing.
>>
>>876289
I don't go vagabonding.
>>
>>876292
I figured, it was just an expression to explain the situation to you. If you lost your job/neetbux and became homeless you'd be up shit creek trying to get back to your comfort zone. Being a vagabond is my comfort zone.
>>
File: Angry landscape.png (255KB, 319x317px) Image search: [Google]
Angry landscape.png
255KB, 319x317px
>>875633
>>876289

I've been wondering with these threads:
Do many of you have jobs, and choose to live in a van/car/vehicle, or are you jobless?

If you have no income, how do you get food and water?
>>
>>876675
We live in a welfare state. Everything just comes free thanks to the generosity of our society which has the wisdom to consider the needs of those who contribute nothing above all others. How can you not know this?
>>
Got some questions for the bum-anons in this thread:

Any of you guys have jobs? How steady are they? If a job dries up, do you just travel to another area to look for work?

What about skilled trades? Do shops care if you're obviously a bum? What about union shops? Are there skilled tradesmen who live a vagabond lifestyle (electricians in particular)?
>>
>>875779
>>875758
gobbled that bait mang
think before you post
>>
Hey guys, Im a student living at home right now in the NE and I'm thinking of going nomadic with a truck and truck camper. Any experience with this or just boondocking in an rv? Or are most of you guys just sleeping in your truck bed or in the woods or something?
>>
>>877134
Newfag
>>
>>877110
>>876675
>job
One of the most important things we do is living frugally. Since a lot of us were already poor before becoming bums this isn't exactly anything new, however, it does matter how you spend your dollarydoos.

Working a poverty-tier dead-end job is essentially the antithesis to what we do. The only reason to pick up such a job would be saving dosh for some random large expense, although once you pick up such a job you're basically forfeiting yourself and running in the rat race.

Again we come to the difference in lifestyle; assuming you're 'doing it right', there'd be little point in getting a McJob. You have practically zero responsibilities and bills, why wouldn't you go pick up high paying seasonal/temporary work and stretch your earnings as far as you could once it were done/dried up?

Add your monthly bills and divide them by 30; that's how much you pay to live where you do, per day. Without responsibilities (bills) our day to day cost of living can be as low as zero. Granted, gas/insurance for a vehicle and service for a phone might bring that cost up above base food expenses but realistically it's far less. Living out of my backpack, my monthly expenses are a $30 phone bill and about $15 a week in dog food - usally less because people will often give me bags of dog food.

I've known a few guys who were skilled tradesmen and living out of their vehicle. They usually just did freelance work here and there, I don't know about unions.

>food and water
Busking is an excellent way to make dosh, as is having some sort of marketable art. Panhandling is pretty much the go-to for all vagabonds/bums, if you don't blow it all on drugs you can potentially panhandle for a few days out of the month and make plenty to get by. I personally never put any sob shit on my sign like "Hungry & Homeless please help" because I like the way I live.
>>
File: acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D139.jpg (398KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D139.jpg
398KB, 1024x768px
>>877150
Sell/Leave your camper and get a camper shell. Boondocking is viable but if its just you I think you'll find the camper too obvious and too much.

>>877134
U sayin wat u son of basterd bitch?
>>
>>877161
How often do you guys travel? How do you do it, if need be? How many possessions to do keep on you? Do you network with others?

I ask these questions because I happen to be a union apprentice in a skilled trade. I may become homeless in the future, if things turn sour for me. Frankly, the idea of moving around the country, working on random construction, service, or odd jobs, and keeping my check without paying rent (while ideally still paying into my union's pension fund) is appealing, given the ridiculous costs of rent and housing.
>>
>>877245
also interested in this, just because I'm interestsed
>>
>>877281
I'd like to know what they do all day. Doesn't it get boring!
>>
>>877245
Ive been in 9 states in the last 3 weeks. You arent going to find any static people in these threads.
>>
>>877297
Make money fuck bitches be innamountains
>>
File: acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D54.jpg (201KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D54.jpg
201KB, 1024x768px
>>877245
>how often do you travel, how
Usually whenever I feel like it, mainly by hitchhiking. Whenever I'm in a city that I like I'll stay anywhere from a week to a month, any more than that and I start to get anxious about leaving. When I'm going somewhere without a time frame and passing through random towns, I'll stay anywhere from less than a day to three days or so in the area.

>possessions
Besides gear? I carry a rock case for crystals and the like, at any given time the case is worth $300-$2000 dollars. I'm learning guitar so I'm carrying a guitar around now too. I have a habit of collecting random trinkets, so i have random small shit in my bag that's essentially useless and meaningless to most. As for gear im carrying; my sleeping bag, my dog's sleeping bag which is a down shell I zip to my bag, two tarps, a bedroll and random odds and ends like sewing stuff or a portable charger.

>networking
Of course we talk to others, networking is where it's at. Living this life successfully is a delicate process of making yourself unavailable. You need to have your own things you're doing but at the same time its nice to go and meet other travelers or talk to the locals who are interested in you. Networking also gives you information about the area you wouldn't get otherwise.

Now, if you meant do I take down everyone's phone and email and keep in touch, no, very few people do I exchange numbers with and even fewer do I keep in touch with. It's pretty much a given that you'll see them when you see them. These are the interactions that make it all the more worth it; when you hang out with some random guy in Colorado and then meet them again in Washington and later in Arizona, that's when you make your friends. You might only have hung out collectively for less than a day together but the randomness of it all means that by the time you see each other in Arizona there's an unspoken agreement that you're friends of some sort. There's only so many of us out here.
>>
File: IMG_20160121_074110364.jpg (49KB, 1024x152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160121_074110364.jpg
49KB, 1024x152px
>877297
Reading books, exploring around town, playing music, dumpstering, perfecting an art, searching for outlets to charge my phone so I can shitpost, finding a place to sleep, panhandling. There's more to life than vidya and media, but there's always Roms/emulators in case it's rainy.

Also stealing the local small town wimmen, can't forget that one, they love travelers
>>
>>
File: IMG_20161016_125939.jpg (1MB, 2386x1816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_125939.jpg
1MB, 2386x1816px
>>877356
>begging for change in the mt baker national forest
>>
>>877363
Don't you mean
>trashing the forest and leaving used hypodermics everywhere

I mean come on its like you're not even crusty brah

Also keep an eye out for Alder trees famalam, season is about over but they're still there I'm sure.
>>
File: northstar8-12stc.jpg (12KB, 250x139px) Image search: [Google]
northstar8-12stc.jpg
12KB, 250x139px
>>877163
Oh I'm not thinking of going to a trailer, I'm looking at a truck camper mainly. Socking some money away right now cause I need a truck to do this first of all.
Pic related is what i want, in a perfect world
>>
Although it's a life I truly dream of because let's be honest here, h8tchhiking is fun as fuck and living on the road just as fun but idk I like trying to be part of something greater and trying to better that greaterness
>>
>>877392
I knew what you meant. A truckbed camper is alright but like I said, if it's just you I think you'll find a camper shell to be good for what you need. Maybe not, I don't I know your situation or you. Go for it anon, but I'd save for a camper shell too and leave it behind in case you decided the camper is too much.
>>877534
Go for it anon
>>
File: 20151016_090151.jpg (182KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20151016_090151.jpg
182KB, 1024x576px
>>877534
You can always be greater at what you do, no matter what it is
>>
>>877549
I feel like I'm not too sure what your talking about when you say camper shell. Any pics or description?
>>
What do you homeless do all day?
>>
File: nHkCihs1.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nHkCihs1.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>877613
Nothing. They don't have any money.
>>
>>877613
Sit around innaforest
>>
>>877563
Just Google 'camper shell'. It's just a shell truck bed
>>877613
See
>>877356
>>877347
>>877786
>>
Was homeless in San Antonio for six months. Here's a rough list of the things I carried with me.
>2 quarts of water (a 2 liter coke bottle basically)
>ALICE military backpack
>two changes of clothes (In case I found temp work that required me to be clean and fresh)
>two phone chargers
>cheap phone
>cheap laptop
>assorted medicine/first aid kit
>Rossi .38 snub revolver
>SOCKS SOCKS SOCKS
>UNDEROOS
>LOTS OF THESE
>good hat
>utility tool (Swiss Army Knife or Gerber tool)
>folding pocket knife
>550 cord
>tarp
>$10-$15 emergency cash

As for creature comforts like beer and smokes, I'd suggest just offering folks a hand in exchange. If you see someone loading a truck or working in the yard, offer to help them in exchange for these items. They add up and get expensive, so if you can cut back or go without them it helps.
>>
>>877827
Also gloves. Get two pairs, one for work and one for when it's cold. San Antonio does get a little chilly in the winter, but it's not that bad. It does help to have warm gloves when you're on foot for hours at a time at night. This can be applied to any area with similar climate/elevation.
>>
>>877786
How do you get food while innawoods?
>>
>>877883
I buy it before hand. I have hunted small game, fished, and foraged plenty though.
>>
>>877883
Look into foraging. It's easiest to live off fish and berries. Hunting is messy, takes a lot of time (depending on what you're doing), and makes you easier to notice, something that you want to avoid if living innawoods, especially if what you're harvesting requires a license.
>>
Man I would love to dedicate like one year of my life to just going around the whole United States, that would be awesome.
>>
>>876289
Nice road in the foreground arrogant bumcuck. Arrogant bumcucks never adventure in wilderness, they just camp in the bushes 300 ft off the highway and brag about how rugged they are.
>>
>>877161
Arrogant bumcuck, you wish you had a bed, a shower, a warm meal, a safe place where people wont walk up and murder you in your sleep. You wish you had some purpose in your life besides survival and frugal hedonism. You wish you didn't have to deal with the glares of the people you beg from, because you know that its pathetic that you can't even provide enough for yourself to get five dollars everyday for food. Deep down you know that you are nothing and that you live an illusion of superiority.
>>
How do you guys find women to fuck while homeless?
>>
File: 20161014_180933.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161014_180933.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>878009
>>878007
These posts were referring to myself btw. I love you.
>>
>>877947
Please don't. We need more wagecucks
>>
File: IMG_20161016_125416.jpg (1MB, 2457x1860px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_125416.jpg
1MB, 2457x1860px
>>877947
Its a great time, especially if youve never been anywhere.
>>
File: acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D17.jpg (275KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D17.jpg
275KB, 1024x768px
>>877947
Go for it, everyone should have the chance to travel around without responsibilities at least once in their life before they commit to anything too serious. Like the other Anon said, its especially great if you've never really been anywhere.

>>878012
When you're out innabackpack you're exposed to a lot. That exposure alone means that over time you're pretty likely to run into a girl who thinks you're interesting or whatever, if you're not trying to get attached there's a high likelihood they're down. Like i said before, living this life successfully is a process of making yourself unavailable.

College towns, coffee shops, gatherings, festivals, outside of bars. You'll also have to make the connection and pick up on their body language. Results may vary, there's some guys who really never get it in and then some of us who wind up getting flagged down and taken home by girls when we're just walking by. The idea comes to mind that the top 10% of guys are sexing practically all the available girls. More than anything, homeless or not, if you have your own interests and things you're doing besides trying to get your dick wet, you're likely to attract women.

Jus b urself :^)
>>
>>878112
>>878178
I have been to a lot of places. (Bahamas, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Washington D.C)

How much would it cost to do a journey like this? I would like to go to each important monument or location I could.
>>
>>878269
Gas and whatever food you need m8. I cant tell you what it costs because i do it for free.
>>
>>878340
How? Honestly maybe I should just explore one nice area very well.
>>
>>875813
8 years, mission. Rent controlled, 2br @ 1100 warm. Feels good.
>>
>>877392
LOL yeah..... um, just get a shell bro
>>
>>877827
can you get in trouble for carrying around a weapon if you're a transient?
>>
>>878402
I busk and gas jug.
>>
>>878438
>rent controlled, misson district
You could rent the space in your apartment out for more than your rent. Where do you work? How did you get rent controlled having only been there 8 years? Honestly I wouldn't pay a dime to live in the Mission, I don't know anyone besides limousine liberals and old rich people who live there.

How are you so unaware of the system that exists in San Francisco? Most of the bums in the actual city are basically locals from California, usually with family in the city. Your city is unlike any other city in the US for a multitude of reasons, the homeless there are one of the things that's particularly different. Seasonal bums don't go to SF, they go to LA or San Diego.

>picture related, the view when I sit up from where I sleep while in SF

>>878269
It only really costs time if you do it right. As long as you're not on a schedule you can take as long as you want to gather dosh as you go.
>>
>>878499
Got the place before the most recent crazy hike in rental prices (it was ~6 years ago that i moved to that place in the mission, from my first place close to the phonebooth).

it's one unit in a 4 plex build before 1910, so its protected by rent control. All other units had tenant changes and now go for closer to $3K.

I work at a place that makes educational software for children and do still like SF, even though its wearing a bit thin on me.

Also, why should I give a shit about educating myself on the different homeless that live here? I know that sounds really harsh but yeah, I dont give a flying fuck about whether the dude shooting up on the sidewalk is somehow a "Native" or from somewhere else. But its obvious that in the rainy/cold months there are way more crust/gutter punk kids and "travelers" around.

Your viwws looks to be from about Potrero Hill? Nice neighborhood.

You might actually be sitting on that grassy hill in front of Star King elementary? You can see my place from there!

Take care duder, hope you stay warm and dont overdo it on the drugs...
>>
>>878499
Ugh, now im feeling like my words on the homeless junkies where too harsh.

I grew up in a small european town where there really wanst much crime/violence and homlessness. Since moving to the Bay area and working in the City, I see so much of that.

Jsut this morning some homeless tweaker told me he'd rape me (im a 200lb 6.1 dude) becasue i didnt give him any change. Then yesterday a lady took a shit on the 9R on my way home. I'm just getting jaded.

On a person to person basis, I hope you are happy and that you stay save on your travels.
>>
>>878472
>Busk
What is this?

>Gas jug
Shiet, has anyone ever caught you?
>>
>>878548

>small european town where there really wanst much crime/violence and homlessness

Topkek. What's it like now? Link related, have vacationed here while in the service

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3840940/Street-fighting-vandalism-sexual-assault-Mayor-picturesque-German-ski-town-begs-help-tackle-explosive-refugee-crime-wave.html
>>
>>878571
I was there about 4 months ago. Still pretty much the same. Even the nearest town, Wiesbaden, is still fairly quaint (compared to like Frankfurt and Mainz)
>>
>>878559
>busk
I am a street musician

>gas jug
All the time. Are we talking about the same thing? Well, gas jugging for me is the same as busking just at a gas station. I dont talk to people, just hang out and jam. Lots of kids are confused by my methods for some fucking reason but if you fuck with people you just get kicked out or called in.

It works out, I just got a full tank and 60 bucks in two hours.
>>
File: acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D166.jpg (533KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D166.jpg
533KB, 1024x768px
>>878548
>>878542
You don't really have to give a shit about educating yourself on anything, I just figured you might care to know more or might try to learn more over time. There's definitely an increase of homeless there during the winter but it's minimal compared to San Diego and LA or even Berkeley.

The entire west coast sees an increase during the winter, but the 7 by 7 mile section that is SF has far less of an increase comparatively. Your original post was about the rain keeping seasonal bums out, but even places like Seattle and Portland see an increase of homeless in the winter probably just as much, if not more.

Particularly, only people who have never been to SF or who are a very specific class of traveler experienced with SF already would bother to go there in the winter. Good doorways to sleep in out of the rain are extemely limited, the no sit or lay law is very annoying especially in hoods that enforce it, parks are already packed with natives who have the best sleep spots, panhandling is a joke, but most importantly; San Diego and LA have better weather and more options.

That isnt even getting into a lot of the more interesting aspects that would keep/drive people away. Your city is a very large scale experiment and psyop, a playground where gangstalking actually exists. There's government agencies, random organizations and large gangs that you've probably never heard of influencing and operating in the city. That your neighborhood is so afflicted has less to do with the junkies and more to do with things behind the scenes in your city's government, though perhaps the visible poverty is more offensive than subversive politics.

You won't offend anyone here by talking shit on addicts, however I do think you should feel pity if you're going to feel anything at all(which I wouldn't recommend)

When I'm in SF I don't interact with the people you mentioned, hell, I hardly even interact with people like you. I do my own thing and love it.
>>
>>878559
Top lel, busking is playing music in public. Gas jugging is simply asking people to fill your gas can at a gas station, or flying a sign(panhandling) about your need for gas where people can see. As anon said, you tend to get kicked out more if you're actually asking people at the pumps or near the entrance.
>he thought anon meant siphoning gas
Come on m8, if petty crime were the way to get by there's far more efficient methods.
>>
>>877947
People I meet always say, "That's something I'd love to do BUT..." A lot of times is family or monetary illusion. It's funny to me that people think they need to save up to be broke. Right now I have $50, but this morning I had $3 to my name. That's how it goes and I always have what I need. And, I've found, it's amazing how much your perspective widens just leaving home and looking around.
>>
>>875758
Sounds like a mid westerner
>>
>>878637
Hey man, I really appreciate the thoughtful comment. Thank you for replying and adding something to the discussion. You sound like an interesting person to talk to.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that at least some of the things you said about SF are absolutely true. I mean, this is where the CIA conducted project MKultra, so it would be silly to think similar is not happening right now. Though its probably at least somewhat in the digital realm now.

Its a weird time/place. Was I in any way close with the Potrero guess? it's getting cloudy out there right now.
>>
>>876192
Why are you in the homeless thread?
>>
>>877245
The whole nomadic workers concept is a whole different thing. Like yups whose number one difficulty is internet connection for their laptop job.
>>
>>877347
Find cool moss. Find fantastic mushrooms. Pick up tarantulas. Meet other travelers. Run around exploring innawoods. Find other cool creatures. Find dry sticks. Burn sticks. Eat stuff. Sleep. Read. Write. Just sit and be.
>>
>>878012
Thumbprint.
>>
>>878450
No. Yes. I mean, don't twirl toy guns around on your finger outside a bank. You could get shot. (Even if you painted the tip orange.)
>>
>>878617
>>878640
Woah you aren't doing bad, I honestly taught you ment stealing gas lol. My bad, i'm sorry.

How are you even posting right now?
>>
>>878733
Internet telepathy. Mental information transmitted as electrical signals picked up by specific devices. Apparently you've been chosen to read the message of the transcendant, since you're seeing this. How else?
>>
>>878733
I have a land line in my school bus
>>
My buddies and I like to get drunk and find homeless people sleeping and beat the shit out of them. Fucking low life's shitting up our streets.
>>
File: 20161019_095633.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_095633.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
If by some bizarre chance theres a New England bum here. Feel free to contact me if youre in southern maine. Ill bring pot you bring a story.
>>
You should all seek psychiatric help
>>
>>878913
[email protected]
>>
>>878838
I like to shit in the street and forget to pick up my trash, then sit back and wait to see homebums get beat down for it. Thank you for your services!
>>
>>878795
Ok

>>878802
Wtf lol
>>
>>878914
You first sweetie.
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 160x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 160x194px
>>878654
>it's amazing how much your perspective widens
>>
The landscape, by its patient resting there, teaches me that all good remains with him that waiteth, and that I shall sooner overtake the dawn by remaining here, than by hurrying over the hills of the west. -- Henry David Thoreau
>>
File: rsz_img_20160605_092512.jpg (150KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160605_092512.jpg
150KB, 1328x747px
>>878948
Pic related but you cant see the phone
>>
>>877350
Rock case like crack? My hopes were up for you anon but degerate detected. Stay on the road and out of our workforce nigga.
>>
File: 20161020_085924.jpg (1000KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161020_085924.jpg
1000KB, 2560x1536px
>>
>>877163
>>877392

>tfw want to get a minivan to dwell in but can't get out of my apartment lease

Fuck life.

Minivan is big enough, hyper-stealth, /out/ capable, easier to drive and cheaper on gas than a camper. No rent eating everything you earn that month. Able to go outside rather than being a nocar cityfag. Really only downsides are no cooking and no toilet but you can get around both of them.

>>877756

Over 40% of homeless have jobs.

>>877947

tfw. I want to take a gap year off work to do this, or at least 6 months.
>>
>>879526
Tfw I want to take charge of my own life but am to much of a box life fag to realize leases are imaginary, and I can quit my job any time.
>>
>>879531
>leases are imaginary,

What are you huffing? My name is connected to this and I am legally on the hook for the rent. I don't want to fuck myself over for the rest of my life. Innawoods is fine but I'm not going full walden, I still want to hold legitimate jobs on and off and use some city systems like a bank account and a legal name. Plus I need to pay back my student loan or my mom gets her house taken away by the bank because she signed for me.
>>
>>879540
Say no to white bread middle class fear kids
>>
>>879540

>my mom gets her house taken away by the bank because she signed for me

That was really stupid. Why didn't you get a normal student loan?
>>
>>879545
Amen.
>>
>>879540
Broke 2 leases. Quit 2 jobs. Defaulted on student loans. Still posted up and rented a house, after living in an apt. Have had jobs off and on since. Now owe $0/mo on student loans because I'm homeless.
>>
>>879549
You cant understand what i said, you wont, no matter how many times you read it. Its okay anon, one day you wont be cucked by your elders and youll understand that there are far more ways to have what you want than just what your retarded parents told you.
By all memes, struggle on.
>>
>>879540
>>still want to use some city systems like bank account and legal name.

The homeless cease to bear titles? "I used to have a name, but now I'm known legally as 'homeless.'"
>>
>>879526
Do you want to take a road trip, or be home free?
>>
File: IMG_20131025_084355.jpg (327KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131025_084355.jpg
327KB, 1280x960px
>>879568
>He wasn't aware of normal student loans

That's quite a scenario you imagined. Anywho I graduated 25 years ago back when grants would pay for everything with $ left over so you are right that your elders (and betters) are screwing you over.
>>
>>877344
>I've been in 9 states in the last 3 weeks

Denial, depression, insobriety, catalepsy...
>>
>>877613
Drugs and sodomy.
>>
>>879641
>>your elders (and betters)

Inferiority complex much, wonderbread?
>>
>>877883
Go crazy murderhobo on the first /out/doorsman you see, take his stuff.
>>
>>879682
#homebums
>>
>>879699
No hobo.
>>
>>879686
Do you think stealing food from people sleeping along the Appalachian trail would be enough to feed me? What if hikers catch me?
>>
>Spange favorites :
>When they Refuse to look at you
>When something else (usually a cell phone, sometimes the dash, or a finger nail) suddenly becomes Super engrossing so they can't look at you
>When they only check traffic in one direction to avoid looking your way >When they run stop lights /signs to not be next to you
>When they leave big gaps in traffic to not be next to you
>When they lock their doors /roll up their windows
>When they tell at you with wild gestures with the windows up
>When they sit next to you at a light until it's their turn to go, then yell
>When they throw coins
>When they decide your dog is abused because it's yours
>>
File: _20151104_125936.jpg (353KB, 1024x610px) Image search: [Google]
_20151104_125936.jpg
353KB, 1024x610px
>>879460
Yeee bru check dese rocks I got dat good good
>>879570
We start adopting more titles, more like

>>879679
Are you projecting? Have you ever traveled cross country at your own leisure without paying a dime?

>>879726
>petty crime to survive
Might as well keep your day job

>>879767
>when they yell 'get a job!' Or obscenities and speed off really quickly
>when they call the police on you
>when a guy points you out or asks his hag of a wife if they should gibs monies and she clearly starts talking mad shit about you
>when they tell you they'll be back with cash but they never come back

Should do one for good spange feels though

>when they give you a nugget
>when they hold up traffic to give you a dollar and then flip off the people honking at them
>when they see you while driving by where you're not spanging and then they go get you food and come back

>when they give you monies
>>
>>879796
>when they come by after you've packed up and left and come to find you to give you food /money
>when they just ask what you need, and get you freshies and toothpaste and shtuff
>When they kick big
>when they go out of their way, cuz they aren't just driving past
>>
>>879796
>When they fill your pockets with nuggets
>>
>>879685
I'm not the one griping because your mom is retarded and quilting you into throwing your life away friendo
>>
File: IMG_20151104_125542838_HDR.jpg (366KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151104_125542838_HDR.jpg
366KB, 1024x576px
>>879827
>when those religious ladies give you a care package filled with snacks/water and a sticky note that says "keep your head up Jesus loves you"
>when a little kid in the backseat wants to give you a dollar so their parent pulls forward and rolls down the back window
>when you're just minding your own business and someone comes over to kickdown big
>when some homies let you keep the rest of the blunt they were smoking
>when its around the holidays and people give you their holiday dinner leftovers
>when the police come but tell you that you can keep flying
>when they turn around and go back into the store, then come back with dogfood and a dog toy/treats
>when a little old lady digs through her coin purse to give you all the silver coins and your grateful reaction seems to make her day
>>
>>879849
Once got a greeting card with certain words crossed out and edited to be applicable, addressed to "my brother in christ."
Got a 5 spot from a kid in the front seat, whose mom wouldn't look at me.
Love it when a handful of children each hand me $1
Yes to minding your own business and may looking like sick a bum you win $20!
When you smile at a salty old lady and the corners of her mouth twitch against her will
>>
>>879868
Um... May looking like a sick bum? *Look like such a bum
>>
File: download.png (4KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 195x258px
>>879827
>kick big
What is meant by this?
>>
>>879910
Kick down, give you a lot of money
>>
File: my home.jpg (86KB, 561x960px) Image search: [Google]
my home.jpg
86KB, 561x960px
So I said fuck it, cashed out at my job and quit to go travel the U.S, my journey starts in Washington, I've been homeless before but only in big cities, but I was surrounded by an extremely accepting homeless community so it was way more fun than it was challenging, I'm going there to meet up with my best friend and his girlfriend who have been traveling for years, so I'm not going in alone without some kind of experience.

This is my first time out of state what am I in for?
>>
>>879936
Youre in washington right now or going there?
>>
>>879963
I'm taking a bus there tomorrow, I'll be chilling in Seattle for a while before taking my leave to the east.
>>
>>879936
Tent needs to go. Get a tarp. Dont keep your sleeping bag in that sack, keep it in your pack, put all the shit inside your bag into a trash bag. Get a fold up sleeping mat not a rolled one. Get a hammock, theyre 20 bucks. Most of all dont be a whiny little bitch.
>>
>>879967
Im going to gold bar right now, a bit northeast of seattle, ill be there tomorrow then in a few more days heading east. You need to bring rain gear and cold weather shit. Its already snowing and montana and wyoming are cold and windy as fuck. What have your friends told you?
>>
>>879973
No fucking way, I'm going to Gold Bar aswell!

My friend hasn't told me much, mostly what I should bring and that it's going to be cold and rainy also that winter is going to be hell over there.

>>879970
What should I do with the garbage bag, just rope it to my pack?
>>
>>879976
Well we should meet up. How do your friends travel? Are they dirty or normies?
>>
File: Capture+_2016-10-20-18-42-17.png (596KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-10-20-18-42-17.png
596KB, 1440x2392px
>>879989
Forgot pic
>>
>>877827
why two phone chargers?
>>
>>877827
two more things.
-what makes a hat good to you
and
-how did you sleep, all i see is a tarp n cord
>>
>>879989
He's been traveling for years, me and him were homeless together when he left state with a man named Bebop a dirty kid, squatter to train hop to Cali, I had the chance to go with him but got a job instead, hated every single minute of working biggest mistake of my life was not going with him, now I'm making it right.
>>
File: 20161020_150238.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161020_150238.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
>When other folks decorate the spange spot
>>
File: 20161020_180555.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161020_180555.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>
File: 20161020_110704.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px)
20161020_110704.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>
>>880024
Cool. You all thumbin or what?
>>
>>876783
if trump is a genius for taking what tax breaks is available for him to take then I am a wonder unto god for taking the food stamps available to me.
>>
>>878654
Yup

>>879526
Foreal man. I wanna do it, I just need to figure some shit out. Like how am I going to move myself around and live, and all of that.
>>
>>880229
It's all wonderfully simple, and you're in the right place to ask questions if you're serious. What exactly do you need to figure out?
>>
Have you fine folks encountered any women willingly living this kind of nomadic lifestyle, or is it mostly streetwalkers, junkies and battered wives?
>>
>>879767
It's uncomfortable looking at hobos and yes we want to flee asap because we fear for our lives, but I had no idea that this stuff triggered y'all. What are we supposed to do, look you straight in the eye and give you a handshake?

>When they Refuse to look at you
>When something else (usually a cell phone, sometimes the dash, or a finger nail) suddenly becomes Super engrossing so they can't look at you
>When they only check
>>
>>880319
Mostly chicks on the road are dick riders. They kind of have to be though. Unfortunately that kind of attachment to transients leads to drugs and disease a lot of the time. There are plenty of cool chicks out there that have a good head on their shoulders though, id say moreso than in-the-box girls. Just talk to them for a while before you fuck them to make sure theyre not the former kind.
>>
>>880371
>trigger

Top kek family. I laugh at your inability to cope with real life as i get paid to make your ass uncomfortable.
>>
>>880388
>fleeing danger is not coping with real life
>enjoying being a pile of dog shit that repulses people

Congrats! You win I guess
>>
>>880371
>>880423
>look them straight in the eye
>nod
>go back to your business and be grateful that you aren't, what you perceive to be, as fallen as that guy

It's just basic human interaction, do you always avoid looking at people who make you uncomfortable? I can't imagine what it must be like to go through long checkout lanes for you, especially if there's someone who's mentally handicapped in front of you. I don't give money to people when I'm in a vehicle and I come to stop near where they're spanging, but I also don't pretend they aren't there.

>fear for your life
Just how sheltered are you? Homeless are subject to violence far more often than they're out looking for a fight.

I mean really, I doubt if there's every actually been a time that some guy flying a sign just up and stabbed someone who was driving by.

>heh, making a few dollars today and hundreds of people have seen me standing here, guess I better actually ruin my life by getting violent and trying to steal this guys car
>>
>>880429
>look them straight in the eye

Yes, engage the crazy people that makes sense

>go back to your business and be grateful that you aren't, what you perceive to be, as fallen as that guy

Seeing a dog turd does make me feel grateful

>It's just basic human interaction, do you always avoid looking at people who make you uncomfortable?

Homeless are less than human as they rely on charity

> I can't imagine what it must be like to go through long checkout lanes for you

you can't imagine because your are dull, too many drugs

>I don't give money to people when I'm in a vehicle and I come to stop near where they're spanging, but I also don't pretend they aren't there.

Nice blog

>Just how sheltered are you? Homeless are subject to violence far more often than they're out looking for a fight.

Not an argument

I mean really, I doubt if there's every actually been a time that some guy flying a sign just up and stabbed someone who was driving by.

>heh, making a few dollars today and hundreds of people have seen me standing here, guess I better actually ruin my life by getting violent and trying to steal this guys car
>>
I'm usually nice to bums because I've had plenty of tough breaks in my life, but the people who post ITT make me wanna beat them senseless from here on out
>>
>>879767
If these are common reactions there's a chance that you might be the problem.
>>
>>879829
"Nuggets"? Are we talking KFC here or what...?
>>
>>880388
This thread makes me glad I never give money to tramps. You're a bunch of mentally ill subhuman wallowing in their own filth.

I mean, I like travel and the outdoors as much as the next guy, but you know what I also like doing after? Going home. Washing. Taking a shit in privacy and hygeine. Having my family say they're proud of me. Being able to walk down the road without women clutching their purses. Should I go on?
>>
Any Athens homeless here by any chance?
>>
>>880446
M8 you're so beyond sheltered you're beyond edgy teenager tier

>engage crazy people
>seeing a dog turd
>its possible for a human with all their chromosomes to be less than human
Projection, strawman

>can't imagine because you've dulled your brain with drugs
Besides the obvious ad hominem, it's a figure of speech which you carefully chose not to address because you know I'm right. I imagine you just look like a massive douche trying to look any way but at them because you're incapable of basic human interaction with people who aren't "on your level", although by the sound of it you probably sperg out and call them less than human while calling the police because you're in fear for your life about what an unpredictable literal retard might do.
>not an argument
I see zero argument in your post, besides you arguing that you're sheltered and scared of your own shadow

>>880521
>>880499
(You) can't hide sperg, who's triggered now? Lmfao, you'll just continue avoiding eye contact because you fear for your life. Get some perspective, nerd. Hint; you can't gain perspective while sitting in one spot

Do us a favor and try to beat some homeless up so you can get stabbed
>>
>>880509
probly some dank nugz
>>
>>880505
Oh, right, the common reaction in todays "everyone for themselves" society is definitely to give bums all their cash and take them home for a shower.
>>
ITT oogles
>>
>>880555
Crust check. There's two of us ITT who have been doing it for years. Almost always its an oogle throwing the word around.
>>
Seriously you fucking bums, I respect the guy who made pic related, not smug self glorifying lazy bums who beg for change on the side of the road. Do something with your fucking lives you fucking dog turds, before you realize one day how useless you are.
>>
>>880560
>this guy is STILL itt after being btfo

Lmao @ ur life famalam, clutch dat purse niqqa
>>
>>880561
>dat
>niqqa

Chug bleach please.
>>
>>880551
>Still defending shaking down decent people for cash while you revel in glee at their discomfort for your odor, demeanor and appearance

Time to gather torches and pitchforks folks
>>
>>880561
The only one BTFO is you, by everyone, cus all of society calls you a loser.
>>
>>880555
>>880559
>I'm a bigger loser than you
>no you arent
>>
>>880572
>>880569
>>880567
[Samefag lack of argument intensifies]

>maybe if I reply a bunch he'll think I'm arguing!

Inb4 3 tough guy posts in a row about hating bums
>>
What do you do to keep you/your clothes/teeth clean, and where do you go when you need to piss and shit?

are potatoes the best and cheapest source of energy? do you suplement your diet with anything?
>>
>>880560
>hating liberty
>posting on 4chan

nigger please gb2reddit

traveling the country is doing something ya know not everyone [spoiler] is an oggle doing this to be 2deep4ucoolrichburbkiddrinkingshootingsmackmethcokebathsaltsdaily[/spoiler]
>MURICA FREEDOM

bawww they don't work bawww they make the neighborhood look bad baww this baw that not everyone thats homeless is a fucked up druggy loser running away from something

people enjoy it because being a nomad is fun as simple as that
>>
>>880582
>clothes
I have a pair of patchwork leather pants which don't get washed but once in a great while, usually dip them in the ocean for a bit. I wear the same shirt till it's too stained to continue wearing. A lot of people will just keep changing their clothes though, getting new ones from free boxes/dumpsters.

>teeth
Pretty easy to brush with a bottle of water and some toothpaste

>food
Holy shit I love potatoes, 3/4 lb of potato wedges from safeway or where i can get them, almost every day my dude. Most of us don't watch our diets that much and eat whatever we can get, but I'll try to eat those expensive protein bars they sell at convenience stores when I feel like I'm not getting enough. Sometimes I'll go on OJ binges too, where I'll drink a gallon of OJ a day for a few days.

>piss
Just about anywhere that's not going to offend anyone
>shit
Usually places that will let you go to the bathroom without buying anything, or walking sometimes miles to a public restroom usually innapark. When neither of those are available, usually at night, shitting can become a wiley adventure to find a good spot to shit. Preferred spot is in a box in the concrete area dumpsters go, then throwing it in the dumpster.
>>
>>880582
>hygiene
tip top kek
and no dude potatoes are not its X flour

if you wanna be a real hardcore mother fucker I use to make a bunch of ration bars pemmican and fruit/veggieleather when ever I could use a kitchen light never goes bad dense as fuck ultra high in cals
>>
>>880597
oh and how can I forget nuts nuts and more nuts (including seeds)

as a queerbecker when I was traveling I kept my diet old school fur trapper
>>
>>880596
i imagine you clean yourself in the ocean too
>>
>>880606
>washing myself
I mean I guess you could..
>>
>>880613
inb4 the only bath you take is bathsalts ba-da-bing
>>
File: 1471366863193.jpg (17KB, 225x224px)
1471366863193.jpg
17KB, 225x224px
>>880621
Jokes on you, the only bath I take is the sabbath
>>
>>880582
Clean? I don't understand your normie doublespeak.

As for "piss" and "shit", these are concepts I'm familiar with, although we enlightened souls in the alternatively housed community call it "dinglewater" and "splodgeyblodgydooda" because making up ridiculous in-group lingo is one of the few forms of self-validation we have left. We generally do both in our pants, btw, because it's warm for a while.

T. Transcendent vagabond lifeform laughing at all you normie wagecucks with your social mobility and access to the mainstream and stable relationships. P.s. spare a dollar? I'll suck your dick.
>>
>>880637
>t. wagecuck who got crippled by a homeless person and is now forced to live off disability
>>
>>880637
Had a good laugh, but
>social mobility
Social mobility is pretty much the lowest it has ever been. People working who are still in poverty are the last hired and the first fired, bouncing between poverty tier job to poverty tier job until they bite the bullet and take neetbux or disability or a literal bullet. We can make jokes all day but don't pretend there isn't a constantly lowering ceiling on upward social mobility.
>>
I finally found the biggest pieces of shit on 4chan
fuck i think i can even smell some of you itt
and people think /b/ is trash
>>
>>880446
>yes engage the crazy people that makes sense
Stationary homeless addicts are not the same thing as nomads.
>>
>>880567
Crack spange shake down not what I do. If I shook you down you would probably Have to look at me. And be justified calling the cops.
>>
>>880371
Amused=/= triggered.
>>
>>880654
>Social mobility is pretty much the lowest it has ever been.

You must be tiring to be around always making excuses for ur failures
>>
>>880567
Who says they're decent?
>>880659
Thank you for pointing out a valid issue- simply being homeless /standing on a corner with a sign makes one, in the popular view, a shittier human than furries and child fuckers.
>>
>>880637
Applauds
>>
>>880311
I'm not him but if you're alone how do you survive? shelter and such I know how to do (I think) but other than dumpstering I have no idea how to get food
doubt I could panhandle because I'm an autist (not really but kinda) although I could maybe busk for money
what's the barrier of entry here? Is it just a matter of grabbing your balls and getting out there?
>>
>>880637
your jealousy is showing
>>
Hey normies i made 260 bucks today and someone bought me dinner umad?
>>
>>880703
(You)
But you are really quite a stupid human being
>>
>>880739
more jealous than anything
how'd you make the dough
>>
>>880734
Yes. Just go on out. Ignore the shitposts in these threads, the real world is a thousand times more accepting and nice. There is literally nothing easier than writing food please on some card board and holding it on a corner til someone feeds you. Busking definitely helps, but youll need some xp before you catch on to where and when to do it.
>>
>>880741
I play muzak
>>
>>880659
/out/ tramps
>man life sure is fuckin cushy i dont want for shit and i get to do whatever i feel like

/out/ normies
>fucking biggest pieces of shit i swear ill kill a fuckin bum i dont give a fuck if youre a 'traveler' youre all worthless human trash kill yourselves
>>
Any UK vagabonds up in this?

Been sleeping on Brent Knoll for the last few days, most beautiful sunrise I've ever seen.
nice skipping hauls from the local Spar but its slim pickings out in the sticks.
I'm only about 10 miles from Bristol, thinking about getting the bus in or just hitching right back up to Scotland

Festie season is over and I might thumb down to Spain and spend some time with friends near Valencia.

What do those of you who have actual cold winters do in the winter?

Also I'm realising in asking this I'm a reverse snob, I seem to revile whose with actual homes to go to, or with substantial savings from their past lives.

Anyone else experience this? dilettantes though...what do you call them in the states? actors? pretenders? homebums? maybe its petty jealousy but I always think these guys don't understand rock bottom and don't really get it.
>>
lets clear this up, are you hommeless by your choice or by choice of someone else?
interesting thread tho, I always wanted to live in the usa, travel throught all of its states like homeless tramp
>>
>>880845
Define by choice. Could i get a dead end job and slowly, painfully, grind my way up into a house and a car payment? Yes. Will i ever give up my total freedom and beautiful life to wage slave? Fuck no. Put me in a house and a job and i hate life. It is not an option for me.
>>
>>880838
Fuck everyone who never truly experiences life and just drifts around their box building contempt for things they will never understand.
Are you talking about stagnant homeless, usually addicts (homebums) or kids who can switch their "poverty" on and off at will, and travel on their parents ' dime, paying to avoid the real learning experience (oogles)? Fuck both those types.
I would love to go to Scotland!

>>880845
Homeless by choice. My only true fear is being trapped in wage slavery again, working a detestable job where I have to pretend to be something I'm not, side by side with the vast variety of dreary wagecucks, working towards no end, just to live in someone else's house because I'll never be able to buy one like that.
And I already tried college. It's not what it used to be, and is a whole other kind of disgusting .
I have seven million issues with mainstream society and there's just no place in it for me .
>>
Oldfag, here. Make small income, do college, wife and step daughter love being around me, should be content. But have a pack full of gear, keep looking up survival shit on net. Spent time homeless years and years ago. Was depressing then, but I day dream about it now.
>>
File: fojawod2m1.0.jpg (351KB, 1440x960px)
fojawod2m1.0.jpg
351KB, 1440x960px
I've been homeless twice before. The last time I lived in the woods of NY for about six months. Every morning at around 330 am a massive pack of coyotes would gather about fifty yards from me and howl to establish their bond. At first it scared the living shit out of me, that eerie sound. Then it became comforting. Then one night I felt paws jump on on me and I twitched my shoulder and it ran away. I went back to sleep. It's amazing how you grow accustomed to nature. Now I'm stuck working 60 hours a week in a factory and just locked myself into a year long lease. I have ten thousand dollarydoos in the bank. My goal is to save up enough to buy a Chevy Express van and do a legit conversion, with solar panels, a tv and the whole kebab. Then quit the job and live in van.

Or possibly buy a couple acres of land, and a geodesic yurt dome, and a solar array, and live in that. Haven't decided yet. But the hardest part of median normie living is not spending money on shit I don't need. Like I was just at the market and bought a bag of gourmet cocoa pumpkin seeds for five dollars. That shit adds up. I need to take a lesson from the Jews I slave myself to.
>>
>>881086
can you actually do all that for 10 grand? i'm thinking of doing a similar thing, work until i can afford a 30-35 foot sailboat fix it up and bug out or go for the camper/truck combo

I'm thinking 100K? so work for 6-7 years at a 35K a year job and save a third of it?

any tips on bugging out off the grid for the long haul?

ps cocoa pumpkin seeds sound fucking delicious
>>
>>881097
No, that's why I leased the apt and will continue to work and save. Fifty grand maybe.
>>
>>881097
As for tips on bugging out, I'm no expert sadly. I literally lived in a tent and went to a gas station daily. It wasn't homelessness by choice. Next time, however I will be prepared. I might even work for a year, get a van, live in it and continue to work to maximize savings.

And yes, the seeds are money.
>>
>>881097
It varies state to state.
Here in makne you could do it as cheaply as 15-20k. Buy a few dozen arcers in northern maine and log cabin it. But Id prefer to spend more luxuries than that.
>>
>>881111
whoa, 20k buys you a dozen acres in maine?
>>
>>881103
shit bro, im sorry that happened to you
>>
kek i used to light up coins and flick them at disgusting bums like you guys, i also used to tear apart their signs, pour hot drinks like coffee on them and steal their food, and also let their dogs loose if i caught the bums sleeping and them reported the dog to animal control as vicious so the bum had no chance of ever getting the dog back.
>>
What kind of sleeping gear do vagabonds roll with? I've been near homeless/lived out of bags on couches and shit, spent a few nights in my car, but never quite made it all the way to fuck-it vagancy. When close to it, I was thinking

>nice-ish sleeping bag. warm and compact

>shit sleeping bag. warm not compact, prolly attract less attention

>wool blanket. kinda cold, but more versatile

>find a shit quilt from goodwill. warm and definitely don't look like I have money but bulky as shit.

Mid-Atlantic, so it gets cold here sometimes. What would you mfers take?
>>
>>881290
>things that never happened

Get back to me when you leave your house.
>>
>>881297
I have a thermarest, 0° or 30° bag depending, a tarp, a surplus poncho liner, and a hammock. Coldest ive ever gone to is -10°f
>>
>>881299
Get back to me when you get a house you drain on society
>>
>>881304
Houses are gay, house payments are gay, rent is gay. I been there done that, not worth it at all. You may like it, and thats fine, but it is bullshit compared to this. Go ahead and shitpost tho m8 ily world wouldnt be the same without ya
>>
>>881330
Spoken like someone who's totally given up on life good job
>>
File: IMG_20161016_130625.jpg (1MB, 1740x2261px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_130625.jpg
1MB, 1740x2261px
>>881346
Youre not even trying any more anon
>>
>what do homeless do all day

Well..
>>
>>881290
Also I work in mergers and acquisitions. Have a card, it's faded ivory on heavy vellum.
>>
>>881297
I have a milsup base layer that's silk, top and bottom, they help keep me warm quite a bit. Beyond that I just use a sleeping pad and a good sleeping bag, along with fitting my dog inside my sleeping bag by zipping my dog's shell sleeping bag to my sleeping bag. Oh, I also have a wool poncho/dashiki/sirapa/baha that I use as a blanket over the top of me sometimes. When it's so cold it frosts, I burrito tarp too.
>>
>>877947
It's pretty easy to do. The west coast is easy to travel on. All you really need is enough gear and a pack to get by. Money can be made from busking, performing (I do tinman), or odd jobs. Food stamps also helps a lot.
>>
>>878438
Rent controlled in the mission...fucking lucky. Last time I was in Frisco my friend's were paying $2,300 for a tiny old small 2 bedroom.
>>
In South Texas right now, have to leave today but don't know where to go at all. Won't lie, it's a little scary. I'm only 18.

What do I do?
>>
>>881506
Go to i10. Go west.
>>
>>881297
No quilt, neva. Shit sleeping bag isn't necessarily warm and bulky. Chances are is not warm and still bulky.
>>
>>881366
Fucking degenerate druggie homeless snail. Get a shell, fag. I bet you eat the working man's compost too.
>>
>>881290
If you actually did this A) it was to homebums who are likely incapacitated in some form or another. Good on ya. Hope you kick your drain on society grandma too for accepting meals on wheels and social security. Crippled bitch.
Or B) you approached a traveler with hostility and got your ass kicked and now have a complex that manifests pointlessly online.
A true working class hero you are. Bet your mom hollers down the stairs every night to tell you how proud she is.
>>
File: IMG_0942.jpg (950KB, 2448x3060px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0942.jpg
950KB, 2448x3060px
>>881573
Just traveled across Canada Montreal to Vancouver back down in California now
>>
>>881577
Ohhhhh, you're Canadian
>>
>>881577
fuckk those tunnels man 2spooky4me
>>
>>881584
And a liar. How come mfers always think they can convince people in the know of something, when they know nothing about the subject at hand?
>>
>>879726
No but you can actually acquire a lot of food via the hiker boxes on the trail. You would still need to buy some food but not very much.
>>
>>880592
Nice memes faggot, are you 15? Traveling the country like a bum (aka sleeping in ditches and sitting around getting high) on someone else's dollar isn't something to be proud of.
>>
>>881654
See
>>881606

You have absolutely no clue what our life is like
>>
>>881655
Who is this "our?" The travelers I know don't trash other travelers, and don't tell other travelers bum trashing stories in response to traveler feels.
>>
>>880319
There is that rare occasion when traveling boy meets girl. Girl insists on box life. Boy sadly obliges out of love. No one is happy. Girl marries boy and agrees life on the road would be worth a shot, and they're still at it.
>>
>>881577
What are we looking at, nearest the viewer?
>>
>>881708
Lolwut, there's definitely a hierarchy among travelers/homeless. Everyone has their circles.
>>
>>881806
Granted.
>>881655
This is to what I reply. Who do you assume I am?
>>
>>881829
Pretty sure this
>>879767
Is not a homebum. Pretty sure there are no homebums ITT. Just shitposting wagecucks, curious folks, nomads and would be nomads.
>>881655
Thinkin maybe this guy is under the impression some 50 yo ex crack addict stopped shaking his phone to post to 4chan.
Amiright?
>>
File: IMG_20160623_184337036_HDR.jpg (363KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160623_184337036_HDR.jpg
363KB, 1024x576px
>>881834
>>881829
I don't even know what we're talking about anymore
>>
>>881845
That's what I'm sayin
>>
>>881845
>>881852
Did we shitpost ourselves back to base camp or what? Never seen it come full circle yet
>>
>>881884
I'm just sayin, pretty sure no homebums itt and any responses that assume the opposite should just fuck off. That's me back at base camp, I suppose, ready to jug my way back out into the shit. Lol
>>
>>877827
hey i live there
>>
Whoever was going to gold bar, im there now
>>
man this year I wanted to just go fuck it ima oogle it out from hali to vans because its been 4 years I've been in montreal and I fucking hate it here yet I stay here

I miss being "young" feel like such a lazy cunt because I could have easily chilled out in halifax for a week or two this summer but no

I miss being innawoods all comfy chilling on a grainer without a care in the world
>>
File: American Psycho.png (357KB, 846x359px)
American Psycho.png
357KB, 846x359px
>>881437
>>
>>880311
>>880734
>>880742
Ok it's that anon, sorry I forgot about this thread.
Well I have a few questions, how do you guys shower and shit? In truck stops? How do you get other general shit done?
Honestly I don't know if I want to beg for food like a homeless, because that isn't what I am in actuallity.
>>
Hey vagabonds, do any of you actually have a girlfriend/partner?
I imagine it could be quite hard to find one after becoming a vagabond?

Since you all seem to be pretty "settled" in this life style and have tons of time on your hands, don't you miss female companionship sometimes?
I noticed a lot of you have dogs at least, cheers to you guys, the puppers in this thread are beautiful.
>>
SW britbong here. Been going innawoods a long time, worked on fishing boats for a while. I'd love to just pack up and fuck off but I probably wouldnt be able to find my ass with both hands and Brits don't come across to me as friendly as Americans. I'd love to just pack my shit, overstay a visa and drop off grid innastates but that's a hell of a commitment. Certainly financially

Guess I'm doomed to be drafted to fight rapefugees/ivan in Europe instead

Ps. Hope the people in gold bar find eachother
>>
>>882083
Yes, truck stops, and if you've never showered in one know this - they're damn nice. Occasionally we find someone who lets us come over, or we stop in on friends, or someone gets us a hotel. We had a rough two weeks once with only a river to clean in and the river wasn't so clean itself. Baby wipes are a glorious thing. With us it's stand out with a sign til we have monies to get what we need, fly a "wish list" sign so people but it's the stuff, or fly "food please." Food stamps help a lot. I've only dumpstered once. If I won't be somewhere long I am willing to go into restaurants and ask if they would be willing to feed a traveler, or if they have anything that's about to expire. Works sometimes. If not Jimmy Johns always has 55¢ loaves.
>>882107
It's been said in this thread before, to a certain extent chicks can't do this life alone, so they dick ride. There are some solo ladies, but I've only heard stories, never met 'em. Seem' em either travel in groups, or set out with a dude. Then it's mostly married folks, or dirty sluts who stick with one traveler until they find someone they'd rather be with.
>>
File: IMG_20161023_163647.jpg (1MB, 2525x1901px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161023_163647.jpg
1MB, 2525x1901px
>>882107
>>
>>882107
I'm a traveling wife. Husband traveled before we were together, now we do it as a family, all 5 of us. We homeschool our littles and our travels lend themselves to education. All the plants, animals, landscapes, historical sites, cultures etc we encounter have lead to wonderful growth. So much better than all of us being apart every day so dad and I can wagecuck while kids are babysat by strangers who are legally obligated to cater to the lowest performer and forgo discipline (which, of course, only the parents can properly administer anyway) while our kids are influenced by their largely unparented peers.
This is the only way for us and we love it!
>>
>>882083
>partner
never travel with someone else unless they can give your life up for you. I don't.
>shower
beaches, outdoor pools. People don't bother you if you wear short hair and keep yourself shaven. soak a towel in hydrogen peroxide and wipe in bathrooms if there's nothing.
>food
trash bins/dumpsters near convenience store or restaurants. There's no need to panhandle in USA.
>female
never felt the need. My hands don't talk.
>>
>>882203
You sound like a fag
>>
File: acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D104.jpg (496KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
acc%3D1%3Bdoc%3D104.jpg
496KB, 1024x768px
>>882107
You'd be surprised. I don't usually like to talk about my personal experiences, especially here on the Chan where it just seems self serving bullshit, but I'll be a bit more specific than my previous post

>>878178

Back when I first started really comitting to the life, within two weeks I found a squat mattress who wanted the dick bad, but she was pretty crazy and seemed to be proud of how crazy she was. After that I've been careful about traveling girls I even start courtship rituals with, purposefully being too busy with my own shit because often women on the road are just looking for a guy who will carry all their shit and do all the work while being obnoxious drama all the way. No offense to femanon.

There certainly hasn't ever been a lack of companionship over the years, quite the opposite really. I've had several full on relationships mostly with traveling girls but with a few housies mixed in there. I didn't intend for any of those to become relationships, we just hooked up and stayed together for a few weeks while in the same town together, never really under the pretense that we were 'together' except a few times. Those times, we usually ended things rather maturely after realizing we weren't right for each other. Usually.

Then there's the random hookups which happen when you least expect it. Those definitely boost the ego, especially as I got progressively more dirty looking over the years. I won't bother to go into all the random times it happened over the years but without thinking too hard about it I'd say I usually only went a month or two at a time at the most without getting laid.

/end ego drivel
>>
>>881290
I tried shoving a homeless guys cat into an ATM once.
>>
>>882216
Thanks a lot for the in depth answer man, alsi I have no reason not to believe you.
Do you have a doggo?
>>
File: IMG_20161024_133301.jpg (1MB, 2472x1869px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161024_133301.jpg
1MB, 2472x1869px
>>
>>882269
Fuck man. Why am I wasting my life slaving away for shit pay instead of doing what you're doing? I need a pupper and some free time.
>>
>>882250
Yeah
>>875667
I've been told that having a puppers makes you more appealing to women because it shows you can take care of something besides yourself. Dunno if there's any truth to that. I suggest having a doggo for companionship either way.
>>
>>882295
Yesssss! You have stumbled across The Truth! As Days n Daze says,

Singin' we can't help you
help yourself
but we can promise
life's much better
once you've tumbled off the shelf
so burn that suit and tie
tear down the walls in which you're caged
have they ever truly made you happy anyway? "
>>
File: rsz_img_20160924_110326.jpg (190KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160924_110326.jpg
190KB, 747x1328px
>>882295
Idk fucker probly because society is geared to cuck everyone from birth, just ditch it you can always go back if you bitch out
>>
>>882347
What the fuck?
>>
>>882348
aw fuck what'd i miss?
>>
>>882346
>you're in the squat and this guy double schwills your handle
>wat do?

>>882365
>>882348
I missed it too, rip
>>
File: 2773_300.png (9KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
2773_300.png
9KB, 300x180px
>>882368
>I missed it too, rip
>>
>>882140
What are the cost of living for you? I might wanna go to ND or some other nice state with lots of outdoor and just try and live for a while. Going hunting, fishing, and all of that fun stuff.
I don't know if I can handle that situations that you guys do, being homeless doesnt sound fun.

>>882203
What situation might present its self where someone would have to give there life for you?
>>
>>882511
"Delightfully shitty "is a phrase I use frequently. Like the car where your friend had to climb out the driver's side window and come around to open your door, or the microwave only had 6 buttons that worked and was useless if you weren't familiar with it . I love that stuff. We calls it" character. " And that's our life. If that's not your bag and /or you can't laugh at the 7 people and a dog trying to sleep through the rain in one van, or whatever shenanigans homelessness gets you into then, no, it's not fun. For me it's, will delightfully shitty. As opposed to box life which I find miserably shitty.
My cost of living.... Shiiiit. Nada? I get foodies, fly "food please" for hot food, gas jug to drive around, and when I have expenses I just take them out of my spange monies, which equates to my cost of living being covered by the kindness of something like 100 people a month. Does that answer the question? I know I didn't give you a dollar amount, but that's how little thought I have to give it on the daily.
>>
>>882368
Say, "Hey homie, dats how you get so Bigg!"
>>
File: 086.jpg (510KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
086.jpg
510KB, 2048x1152px
>>875772
most camp and huddle under the freeway overpasses during winter. the smarter guys do it somewhere more isolated because every winter they get cleared out of the common spots.
>>
Ey hobros, any of you carry a knife? What kind?

I'm to become a traveling vagabond, and I want at least a knife for general bushcrafting/keeping dirty hobos from my bunghole.
>>
>>882649
Yes
>>
File: rsz_img_20161025_094327.jpg (130KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20161025_094327.jpg
130KB, 747x1328px
>>882737
>>
File: rsz_img_20161025_094511.jpg (232KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20161025_094511.jpg
232KB, 747x1328px
>>882738
>>
File: rsz_img_20160920_143732.jpg (118KB, 1141x681px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160920_143732.jpg
118KB, 1141x681px
>>882739
>>
>>882740
>>
File: rsz_img_20161025_095613.jpg (155KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20161025_095613.jpg
155KB, 1328x747px
>>882742
>>
>>882140
Being /out/ is supposed to be about self sufficiency. Aren't you ashamed being the NEETs of the /out/ world?
>>
File: IMG_20161016_125127.jpg (1MB, 1882x2494px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161016_125127.jpg
1MB, 1882x2494px
>>882853
Fuck no this is america where i can do whatever the fuck i want and not worry about it. Bunch of white bread douches wanting to be butthurt about me loving my life doesnt bother me at all. Everyone in this country gets handed money, its up to each person to decide how they wanna get it. Id rather go live in the forest now with jack shit than slave away for 50 years so i can try and enjoy the same shit when i retire if i even make it that far. Getting by on the good will of others is fuckin awesome. No one that gives me money is forced or guilted into it in any way just pure altruism that you never ever find in the box. Its pretty great, especially considering the people who dont like it just ignore me. Well, until they get home and shitpost about it.
>>
>>876292
He means if you decide to go on a heroin binge for a year and never shower and eat cat food, that is just a break from work for you while that's his whole life!
>>
>>882853
It's about freedom to live my life outside the stifling box of my parents' generation's expectations. Our country freely offers to feed its people, what's shameful is the land of excess won't feed everyone. What's shameful is that all you have to do in this society to be seen as a decent person is wageslave. That foodstamps are "supposed" to be for people who work shit jobs and still don't have enough and people accept that scenario. What's shameful is that all I have to do is mark the "homeless" box on my application and the government is down to feed me, but my societal peers want me to feel bad for taking what's offered.
>>
>>882883
Baby food fag
>>
>>882894
Wait. You can get food stamps when being homeless?
>>
>>882934
Top Kek yes, subhumans are eligible for food stamps
>>
File: _20151104_123101.jpg (321KB, 852x768px) Image search: [Google]
_20151104_123101.jpg
321KB, 852x768px
>>882853
At least we're usually /out/ practically full time. In the last year I've slept outdoors more than I've slept indoors.

As far as neet life, if you're just hanging in one city constantly getting fucked off, I guess you're kind of right that its the neet life. Even then, I know a few of those people who are killer musicians and they put people to shame who've been playing twice as long while working a job.

I have a cousin who went to college for geology, he knows a few things about how minerals are formed and could maybe name all the common crystals or gemstones.

On the other hand, I'm usually able to identify all but the most obscure minerals/crystals/gems, could probably tell you where they came from and sometimes how they were formed. This crystal I took to three different proclaimed geology experts with degrees and all they managed to do was jizz themselves over how oddly formed it is, while simultaneously guessing it was some random common mineral like peridot or calcite(lmao). It's a Zeolite called Heulandite. Hilariously the only other person I've met who knew it was a traveling festie wire wrapper who only knew what it was because his friend commissioned a ring with one he bought online. I traded for mine.

We might be comparable to neets, but when you've got interests and pursue them we've basically got an unlimited amount of time to delve into them. Whether or not people decide to pick useful interests is up to them. A neet on /v/ could probably tell you all about video games and they're usually pretty good at them.

We do pick up /out/ skills here and there. Rainbow gatherings manage to bring thousands of people into the woods and feed them, go to a few of them and you're probably more experienced outdoors than half of /out/. Combine that with some time spent hunting/trapping game and you're basically where you need to be. We've been going /out/ for thousands of years, the tools might have changed but the basics are the same.
>>
>>882934
Of course

Illegals get foodstamps too

>>882883
>cat food
We fookin' /prawns/ now
aww yisss
>>
File: dowhatyoumust.jpg (68KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
dowhatyoumust.jpg
68KB, 720x540px
>>882875
This sounds awesome! Why doesn't everyone do this?
>>
>>882969
>Illegals get foodstamps too
Source? Not "i herd it on /pol/" but an actual source.
>>
>>883011
Source: im the guy with the anecdotal evidence that tells people on /pol/ that it's even happening

For real though, it's pretty basic shit. The illegals all network, they know the lady down at the office who will give them the green light without asking questions, she might even be paid off by the MM. This goes for esentially all programs and groups of peoples, not just illegals.

I will say, people severely underestimate the capacity and breadth of the MM. Imagine you run a farm in norcal with 30 workers and you dont pay off the right channels, one day trucks full of guys show up to steal your shit, they take all your plants and water tanks and even dismantle your fences and take them too, while however many guys you had, they have just as many standing idle with ak47s. What are you going to do besides stand and watch?

Beyond that, they'll give basically anyone a free one month supply if you go in and play your cards right, especially in cities that are friendly to illegals. Though it might get shut off every month once the case is flagged when you don't give them more information, you can give them essentially no information and still get a card good for one month. After all, that guy who can't remember anything about himself besides his name could have a fatcat lawyer in the wings waiting to sue the city and make big bucks off of you doubting him being who he says he is and denying him food. Its just easier to flag him outright but still give him a card.
>>
>>883032
>anecdotal evidence
So...no source then? Just "trust me guys I know what I'm talking about". Gotcha.
>>
>tfw took a random tent I found that I thought was abandoned a couple years back
Thinking twice it was probably a homeless guy's given it was in a tiny copse that I used as a shortcut to school.

Still a pretty nice tent. Fuck hobos
>>
>>883055
You are a faggot. Go sit at an EBT office for a day and count how many people who cant speak english walk out with a card. Oh my bad, i better get the news to report it so youll believe me.
>>
>>883069
Fuck are you bein all edgy for thats a perfectly good ground score
>>
>>883069
Hobos get free tents, so don't sweat it. I know one female hobo who gets a new set of clothes every few days, she gets railed so hard they get ruined
>>
>>883077
Why were you sitting in the EBT office all day? Getting disability the legit way, autist?
>>
>>883142
And that's how you go over your neet budget. Hey, at least the girl can buy her drugs, thanks to your inability to get pussy without paying.
>>
>>882934
Expedited. The benefits may take 30 days to begin from date of application, but if you're homeless they can start immediately, prorated.
And what's funny to me is, the government makes these decisions, but concerned citizens want to warn their state to be more cautious with their dollars.
>when the proud working class knows how better to run the government.
>>
>>883055
>>883143

Oh right, let me just get you a CNN article about something nobody wants to admit happens.

Christ, you're a faggot. Why would I make it up? You could go get food stamps tomorrow by giving them no information besides your name. I bet you think Dan Schneider is a good man, or that Diamonds are intrinsically worth anything beyond use in tools.

>everything I don't agree with needs tons of mainstream sources before I believe it! I'll just call them autists so I can feel better!

Go back to plebbit, sperg.
>>
>>882894
>my societal peers want me to feel bad for taking what's offered.

just because you *can* fuck some fat chick with zero self esteem doesn't mean you *should*, and it absolutely doesn't mean you should feel proud of it.

I will continue to make you feel bad about being too much of a pussy to go truly /out/ and fend for yourself as long as you keep asking me for money and getting pissy when I laugh at you.
>>
>>883161
>*can*
>*should*
Oh boy, he uses asterisks to emphasize words, I'm sure his opinion is definitely worth something.

If you don't own your own business you're pretty much doing it wrong. Stay in that rat race though son, taxes gotta get paid, rat kings need to be worshipped.
>>
I just became homeless. I'm living in my car. I have a styrofoam cooler with ice and a fan for cooling. I have a fishing rod and some tackle. I have a decent knife. I have two flashlights. What else should I have.
>>
>>883181
Drive to the ocean and park on the beach. Disassemble styrofoam. Attach to car frame for flotation. Remove all extraneous car parts, such as seats, to reduce weight. Disassemble rear axle from drive shaft. Attach fan blade to the rear end or the driveshaft for propulsion. Push the new boat into ocean and sail around the world while gaining sustenance from fresh fought fish. Use flashlights for night fishing. Cook fish on the hot roof of car during midday. Use ice to cool genitalia.
>>
>>883181
A rifle and a hunting permit along with knowlege of how to dry the meat. Also a sleeping bag rated for your climate and a lot of rice and beans.
>>
>work 08 to 18 five days per week
>spend the weekend helping around the house
>homeless unemployed westerners have more money than me

Ha ha, love meritocracy :D
>>
>>883146
>Implying I would want to touch any modern woman.
Well unless it was to push it into traffic.
MGTOW for life
>>
>>883160
>You could go get food stamps tomorrow by giving them no information besides your name.

Ahaha please tell me what state this is possible in. I have a family member that works within the Arizona DES and can tell you that you are full of shit. Hell most food banks here require proof of residency.
>>
File: IMG_20161023_161142.jpg (1MB, 1965x1556px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161023_161142.jpg
1MB, 1965x1556px
>>883161
Of course I couldn't possibly but dry goods and go /out /. I could only truly to /out/ if I saved up my vacation days, took my gun, then spent all my time hunting and preparing game in a place I could both hunt and safely camp. Don't be jealous just because you don't even know how to take a break without working fag.
>want me to feel bad =/= feeling bad
>>883160
Wrong.
>>
>>883288
Nice acronym faggot. Kek
>>
>>883306
How you gonna try to tell the people on food stamps how hard it is to get food stamps? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>883181
What is your situation?
>>
>>883333
>Not knowing what an acronym is
why are women so stupid?
>>
>>883402
Initialism. Why are neets such fags?
>when you know you're a fuck up and all you have is nit picking and calling people women
>>
>>883306
>food bank requires proof of residence
That's a little different than a federal government program, your food bank requires proof of residency because people drive way out of their way to the ones that don't require it. If they didn't check to make sure you lived in the county or how much you make, cheapskates in the surrounding counties would be there taking all the food. I see this at food banks that don't ask much, little old Asian ladies go across the city to that specific place and load up on free food.

>family works in Arizona DES, you're full of shit
>idiot thinks Arizona is the state most inundated with illegals as if there were miles and miles of farms in Arizona
Like the other anon said, I've applied for food stamps in 6 or 7 places, all places that I was told by other homeless to apply at because of how easy it was, how are you going to tell me how easy it is based on your one family member's experience? In boulder Colorado they wanted me to go through a program to get/appply for work but I never went and they still gave me a month. I was told by other homeless if I went a few counties over and applied, they don't require you to do the work program.

Off the top of my head, when I applied in San Diego besides having to wait forever in line they pushed you right on through.

My current food stamps are through Washington and last six months at a time, except I can reapply online from anywhere and get another six months. Did you know your food stamp card works in any state? Did you know California let's you use them to buy hot food at specific ghetto fast food places? Did you know that they can't tell if you applied for food stamps in the next state over if you dont tell them, and if you do tell them their system is so weird it requires a phone call to an office in that state to make sure you didn't still have them?
>>
>>883330
What was wrong? That you could get it with just a name? You'd need a mailing address too I think but if you go in, tell them you're hungry and use the words 'emergency food assistance' you're pretty much guaranteed a month. My wallet was stolen once a few years ago and when I went to apply I had basically nothing to verify who I was, they still gave them to me for a month.
>>
>>883422
>Did you know your foodstamp card works in any state?
Unless you're from KS. Sen Brownback made it so you can't use them in any other state.
>Did you know California let's you use them to buy hot food at specific ghetto fast food places?
In my home town there's a gas station that sells cold chicken on Ebt then fries it for you. "You buy it, we fry it," the sign says.
>Did you know that they can't tell if you applied for food stamps in the next state over if you dont tell them, and if you do tell them their system is so weird it requires a phone call to an office in that state to make sure you didn't still have them?
This is bad food karma. No reason to double dip from programs that are so easy to use right, y'know?
>>
>>883434
Did you set a new PIN?
>>
>>883440
I don't, I was just telling that anon how easily exploited the program is. I like having my food card and wouldnt want to jepordize that by being an idiot. The only reason I even know that is because while applying for them after they've been shut off, they always ask when the last time you had them was and then call the office you last got them. One time I didn't say yes because it was getting late in the day and I had places to get to and knew they'd already been turned off, didn't want to waste time with a phone call to a different time zone that might not be open.

In San Francisco there's a well known head shop which also sells other things, you can buy anything in the store on EBT. I don't shop there, but I've seen kids come back with $60 pipes they bought with EBT there.

The
>we'll cook it after you buy it
Thing is really taking off. Papa Johns, 7/11 Pizza, lots of random convenience stores. I'm surprised big chain grocery stores haven't hopped on it with their deli/hot food sections

>>883455
They always set it to the year of the birthday you give, I think?
>>
>>883457
The points you make bring to mind what I often say to haters - if it's all so easy the government must not be very worried about guarding the funds, why is everyone else so concerned with pinching the government's pennies?
>>
>>883457
I was thinking, if no new PIN, no need to ID yourself, can't use card without knowing your PI . If they reset the PIN, they should ask for ID. Usu PIN is part 4 of ss.
>>
>>883497
I got a whole new card that time, and they always set it to my birthday, though the people in Colorado set it to the last 4 of my SS

>>883490
I don't think they realize how many companies lobby the government to give out as much money as possible for people to spend in their stores, essentially the entire corporation is subsidized by the government
>>
>>882563
Fuck. Is there a way to experiance this in a less shitty way? Like get a hotel for a month or two get a bunch of cash and just camp and do shit.
I would go to a state with great national forest and shit.
>>
>>883933
I guess you could do that if you wanted to have a cushy bed to sleep in with cable TV, but it makes basically no sense and you're missing out on what makes it a great lifestyle in the first place.

Just get take your car and sleep in it as a last resort.
>>
>>875717
How can you afford fuel and the maintenance of your van ?
>>
>>884216
Homeless does not mean unemployed
>>
>>883933
Hotie cost way more than rent. People always think they need to save up to live broke. No bills, no demands on your time, gorgeous forest to run around, all totally worth not going back to a house every night.
>>884216
>gas jug
>stand on the side of the road
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.