[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Freight train hopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: lszwjxq4w4glmpethkjb.jpg (94KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
lszwjxq4w4glmpethkjb.jpg
94KB, 800x533px
So i have been wanting to train hope for about a year now and have done Various amounts of research.I get the premise of you need to be near a train yard and understand which trains to hop on which are not the oil tankers or anything like that. I get that you have to be able to survive for hours and hours of being on the train and then camp out in the woods to try to catch a train back or go to the closest town . I understand a lot about it now but I promised myself that I would never do it until I talked to somebody who has done it before. So I was wondering if you guys have any experience freight train hopping or have any advice about it if I was going to do it
>>
>>>/trv/1168260
tl;dr prepare to get beaten up, robbed, and arrested if you try it solo
>>
>>873781
If hanging out with a bunch of filthy, smelly crust punks who live for stealing booze and dumpster diving for food appeals to you, by all means do it.
>>
i do.where are you?
>>
>>873781
If I recall op. This is now a first degree felonly on a federal level.
>>
>>873781
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4C1Rp857Dc
>>
Beyond all the legal issues, safety issues with getting robbed, you also must remember that your trying to jump on a giant fucking metal object moving at speed. And jumping off. You can get seriously fucked up jumping trains. I remember that dumb girl who jumped off and got her leg run over then amputated
>>
File: fuqu.jpg (8KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
fuqu.jpg
8KB, 197x256px
Remember to pick up your trash!
>>
>>873786
Also prepare to be hit by a train and die.
>>
>>875544
All you are doing with your harping is encouraging more people to litter
>>
I hung out with a lot of crust punks when I was a teenager and into my local punk scene. Everyone I met who hopped trains had been robbed, stabbed and arrested multiple times on a boxcar. Most of them were addicts/ recovering addicts as well. At a certain point, they had to choose between being a crusty homeless traveling punk and conventional life. You can't have both. The two lifestyles don't mix at all. This is what I admired about them, is the devotion to this lifestyle so much that they basically became pariahs at the expense of doing what they love.
So yeah, unless you want to totally give up on having a normal modern life I wouldn't recommend train hopping. Also, you have to shit in a fucking bag. That is one of the most dehumanizing acts I have ever done a d you will feel filthy about it for the rest of your life. A fucking bag, man
>>
>>875601
>shitting in a bag
>dehumanizing
Oh man, if shitting in a bag in a somewhat secluded area were the most obnoxious place I've had to shit. When you're living it, every shit is a potential adventure. Off the top of my head..

>shitting in a box behind a dumpster
>shitting on cardboard in the little enclosed area a dumpster goes
>shitting in a dumpster
>shitting in one of those huge construction dumpsters
>shitting in a bag in a parking garage
>shitting on cardboard between cars in a car dealer lot(good spot to sleep too, if you haven't shat there)
>shitting behind a bush(in a city) between the bush and a building
>shitting behind a bush in a park in a city
>shitting in a homebum's camp when they're not around
>shitting in a construction site that's locked their portajohns
>shitting on cardboard in an alleyway
>shitting under a bridge

Hell, I know a guy who carries a torch lighter just so he can melt the plastic around the locks on the portajohns.

We need to start the /homeless general/ back up
>>
Hey op what do you wanna know? /out/ hates hobos btw dont pay attention to the shitposters
Ive been at it a while and am sitting here with a 12th yr hobo
>>
>>875626
This, and to add

>shitting in the corner of a garage
>shitting in a bag behind a gravestone
>shitting in the back of a rusty scrap pickup truck in a trailer park
>shitting in a stream in the middle of the suburbs
>shitting in some bushes in a highway median
>shitting in geo caches
>>
File: gurrrrilla.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gurrrrilla.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>875593
You're the reason why I have to remind people. If you fucking hobos would clean up after yourselves and keep your fucking aids hypos to yourselves, we'd all have a lot less problems.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.