[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread for /out/ related jobs? Anybody here ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Storefront-Full_MG_1333.jpg (152KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Storefront-Full_MG_1333.jpg
152KB, 900x600px
Can we have a thread for /out/ related jobs? Anybody here ever work in an /out/ relevant store?

A new dicks/field and stream store is opening in my area, and I'm thinking of applying there. Anybody have any experiences working in those stores? Any stories?
>>
>>873281
There is absolutely nothing /out/ related about working in a retail store - no matter what it sells. It's the farthest away you can get from /out/ related jobs.

Your daily commute is several orders of magnitude more /out/ related than your job selling mountaineering backpacks and chic softshell jackets to businessmen and soccer moms.

If you want an /out/ related job, you need to get _out_, not in.

Also, it's a fucking retail job, you don't do that because it's fun, you do that because you need money and don't have any other options.
>>
Work in a out/surplus local retailer. Isn't too bad aside from problems with the owners and such. Avoid people that appear to be gearsnobs, they don't want your impute they mostly want to brag about their vast trove of knowledge and how the solo'd the local dirt path in the park blindfolded. Normal people will only ask if shit is waterproofed and maybe what % wool/cotton it is
>>
Does being a flatbed driver count as out? I haul military and machinery mostly though, but I travel the mid west a lot and go fishing when I'm close to some water.
>>
>>873281
Work as a guide for my university. Just finished up a rafting trip in the Grand Canyon.
>>
>>873281
My girlfriend works for Dicks. She loves it, other than having to deal with shitty customers sometimes. She's gets a 25% discount, which is in turn a discount for me. We use it often. There's a website she can go to and "train" and learn about products they sell, and she gets hella discounts up to 4 times a year from different companies. Oakley, Under Armour, Bushnell, Summit Treestands, to name a few. Most of these discounts are like 35-60% off. I thought about getting a part time job there just for the discounts
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.