[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wilderness Preservation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 926299-bison.jpg (488KB, 1613x1080px) Image search: [Google]
926299-bison.jpg
488KB, 1613x1080px
Why should we preserve the wilderness?

What kind of discoveries has makind made in the wild and what potential does the wilderness hold for man today?

Should we consider ourselves equal to the rest of the biodiversity that inhabits the wilderness?

Should we approach the preservation of the wilderness without putting human interest first?

What do you guys know or think about the wilderness in general and how does it interrelate with science?

Have you guys read any good scholarly articles about the wilderness?

I want to hear what /out/ has to say about the wilderness.

btw for the sake of discussion we will define the wilderness as the vast ecosystems that are generally untouched by man. (even though they are rapidly declining.)
>>
We shouldn't bother. We dont even have a country anymore
>>
>>872995
>Why should we preserve the wilderness?
1) the majority of people enjoy it it's calming too much hassle to live in it but we like the occasional visit and future generations will too. one could argue you have a right not to go in the woods if you don't enjoy it but can't take the woods away from the future generations.
2) earth ecosystem is complex farming is necessary to provide us with the raw calories but it doesn't not provide enough biodiversity for it all to work.
3) we did learn shittons about our origins evolution and biology while studying wildlife and we arguably barely scratched the surface yet.
>>
>>872995
It's the only place white people can get away from black people, anon.
>>
File: rhinosaurus.jpg (268KB, 1600x786px) Image search: [Google]
rhinosaurus.jpg
268KB, 1600x786px
>>872995
two words. woolly rhino. if we had wilderness preservation in the early stages of humanity we might be able to see one of these bastards.
>>
File: death.jpg (37KB, 294x361px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
37KB, 294x361px
http://mataromorir.espivblogs.net/files/2015/01/Kaczynski-Technological-Slavery.pdf

Read Kaczynski, then despair of your folly.
>>
>>873875
we might see them again soon enough. in a few thousand years or so.
unless global warming shrills shut the fuck up.
>>
We shouldn't. It is futile with the massive population growth we have so any preservation scheme is just going to mean move government scumbags robbing us blind.
>>
>>872995
Say wilderness one more fucking time i swear. Get a fucking thesaurus please.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.