[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

convince me not to buy the ULA Circuit right now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Circuit-3T.jpg (100KB, 313x400px) Image search: [Google]
Circuit-3T.jpg
100KB, 313x400px
convince me not to buy the ULA Circuit right now.
>>
im ordering mine later this week once I feel more confident in the right size to choose for chest and hips.
The only con I can see is that the load limit is 30 pounds, meaning that since my base weight is 15 pounds, I can only allocate 10.6 pounds to food, the rest going to 2 liters of water. And if I want a extra liter, there goes 2.2 pounds.
And on a superficial level: it ain't a unique pack.

Eager to read some cons
>>
File: pack.jpg (221KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
pack.jpg
221KB, 960x720px
>>872987

Just giving you another option, but why not Granite Gear crown VC 60? It's similar design to the Circuit but

>cheaper ($200)
>found at REI if you're in the US (1 year to bash it around)
>lighter by half a pound (weighs 1.9 lbs with frame removed, unnecessary for light loads)
>less storage room (60 vs 68)

68 liters on the Circuit seems like overkill for normal backpacking, assuming you follow some ultralight principles.

Pic related is of my Crown VC 60 in front of my friends being slow as hell packing up their gear. I usually have 5-10L of spare room in it. But my pack weight is between 15-18 lbs.
>>
>>873013
Same anon that was picking up the Circuit in the coming week.

I actually hiked the PCT in '15 with that pack. It's pretty good. I had the same "problem" of it having too much space when you pack lightly. For me it kinda fucked with the frame if I rolled it down too much. Also, can't easily grab water bottles from the side pockets when wearing one. It can fit a BearVailt BV 550 horizontally which the Circuit can't. And it's durable as fuck. Mine is still in good condition.
>>
Do it, mine has a pct thru on it and is still solid.
>>
>>872987
It looks like shit.
>>
File: 3400_wr_blk_side_2.jpg (126KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3400_wr_blk_side_2.jpg
126KB, 800x1200px
>>873008
>68 liters
I looked at this for a while and found that number includes the whole pack, the pockets, big mesh pocket, hip belt pockets. The main compartment is only 39 liters, not enough because I need to carry a bear canister in some locations. I decided to go with a pack that i've been wanting anyway, but was hesitant due to the $350 dollar price. I just ordered a Windrider 3400 by Hyperlite Mountain Gear. I'm drunk so the price doesn't hurt so much right now
>>
>>872987
Buy whatever pack you want, you're a fucking adult.
>>
>>873013
I like your buddy's boreas pack. I've got the Buttermilks 55.

It's not UL but it's lighter than a lot of other packs and I like having the option of either frame or no frame to suit my load.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.