[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best /out Dogo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 28

File: husko_dogo.jpg (69KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
husko_dogo.jpg
69KB, 960x720px
What i the best /Out Dogo?

Im in the process of getting a Husky puppy right now, looking forward to showing him the great /Out/doors.

Also post your hiking dogos.
>>
I owned a husky/chow mix when I was growing up. She was dying of cancer at 7 years of age, hanging out in the back yard. A neighbor walked by our house with her dog. My dog wasn't having any of that shit. Proceeded to grab the bottom of our chain link fence in her mouth, bend it up, crawl underneath it, sprint to the street and fuck that other dog up.

6 months later I wrapped her in her favorite blanket and buried her under a tree in the back yard.

Man. I miss that dog.
>>
>>872950
I shoot most of the dogs I see outside.
>>
>>872950
That's one beautiful dog.
>>
>>872976

I just lost my best dog i ever had, american eskimo. She did 4 days after i lost my dad. Both to cancer. Getting this puppy i think will be therapeutic for me.
>>
>>872950

Huskies are assholes, can be a really stubborn breed. I would not make that my out dog. If you do take him out, keep him on the leash. Those fucker will.gtfo and run for miles.
>>
File: 020520111081.jpg (503KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
020520111081.jpg
503KB, 2592x1944px
My Greater Swiss Mountain dog, wants to know why you are not considering a dog with the word MOUNTAIN in its name.... Take your meme huskie dog back up to Alaska.
>>
Border Collie.

Tireless, enthusiastic, smarter than the average 4chan poster, knows how to deal with bears.
>>
Malamute. You can haul yourself with those. Uphill's gonna be like a stroll in a park.
>>
File: Rhodesian_ridgeback2.jpg (38KB, 588x448px) Image search: [Google]
Rhodesian_ridgeback2.jpg
38KB, 588x448px
There can be only one
>>
File: yorkshire-terrier-04.jpg (466KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
yorkshire-terrier-04.jpg
466KB, 849x565px
>not lightweight
Enjoy your hernia. Meanwhile I'm with my 5 lbs wonder.
>>
>>873102
Which Ridgeback is the superior Ridgeback?
>>
>>873102
Ergh, Too many genetic fuckups
>>
>>873023
>Take your meme huskie dog
I like your dogo but op's one is also very nice.
>>
Huskies and similar dogs are no good pets and bad out dogs
They are too close to wolf and just difficult in training, aggression and running away
They also suffer in most climates
>>
>>873134
This
>>
>>873134
1/10 bait... dull edge and bait slid off the hook.
>>
>>873138
It's not bait, it's the truth. Modern pet owners are sick.
Many of them get dogs or cats because they need a pseudo child or status symbol or maybe they delude themselves into thinking the stupid animal loves them and is their best friend. Which is laughable because it's a fucking dog.
Pet ownership goes up, pet spending goes up even more. Soon there will be 100 million dogs in America, the vast majority are obviously not working dogs. Modern pet culture is simply sick, they think of their animal as a human, they become too attached emotionally, they abuse the ADA to take their animal every where.

They stamp their feet at any sign of killing cats or dogs because that would be inhumane! Meanwhile most of them are eating meat products every day. They don't care about animals, hell cats are by far the largest anthropogenic cause of bird population decline and extinctions. They don't care about animals they care about the special animals they've been culturally indoctrinated into caring about. The Dog. The Cat.
>>
>>873141
As someone thats had at least 7 different dogs in his family while growing up, I tend to agree a bit to be honest.

There so many fucking abandoned dogs as well it's not funny.
There is also the problem of peoples yards becoming smaller and houses bigger while pet ownership goes up. Dogs don't want to live in a house, they want to live outside.

If I was to have a dog it would only be once I got my place with plenty of acreage for the doggo to run around. People just think way too much about "me" when it comes to wanting a pet, and not the pet itself.
>>
File: 20161006_083026.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161006_083026.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
collie best out dog
and my lurcher is pretty great too because she will catch small animals for you if you really need.
she fast.
>>
>>873154
>>
File: dog.jpg (3MB, 2000x1339px)
dog.jpg
3MB, 2000x1339px
based golden retriever
very cute and cuddly but stinky
not the bravest
strong prey drive
>>
>>873141
Pets improve the health and quality of life of the owner.
>>
>>873141
dude, just fuck off to /an/ already and preach there with your charts and shit. Are you related to Bob Barker?
>>
>>873138

I think /pol/ is running out of ways to shock.
>>
>>873134
Haya there Muhammed
>>
>>872950
Keep in mind that huskies are independent and it's very difficult to train recall with them. They're not an off leash type of dog. They're still great companions, they just need to be on a lead or they'll disappear on you.
>>
File: 20161010_091927.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161010_091927.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Here is my doggo. Wife wanted to put a costume on her. My doggo was not to plz, just sat there until it was removed.
>>
>>872950
There is no better /out/ dog than a lab.

Someone may now /thread this thread.
>>
>>873155
Used to have a lurcher lab mix, best out pupper
>>
>>873306
/yourself

Ohhh so edge
>>
>>873310
>shitposting
>>
>>873299
Why do dog fags use such childish language?
Do you think it makes you endearing?
>>
I've owned 6 dogs in my lifetime, 4 different breeds. My favorite was my Weimaraner. I adopted her from a shelter and she was an older dog that only lived 2 1/2 more years with me. But she loved going out. She would always hunt down small game on her own and bring it back to me. She was patient when fishing and loved to be in the woods. If you've never had a dog before or suck at training, I would get a lab or golden retriever. If you've trained a dog before, a beagle or foxhound are good dogs.

>>873014
This, but your post really applies to any breed. It's all about training. Some dogs are smarter than others. If you're a terrible trainer or new dog owner, just play it safe and get a smarter breed.

>>873023
Huskies are from Northeast Asian originally. And your dog barks at every noise or movement. It's not a good hunting or fishing dog. Any dog can be an /out/ dog if all you do is hike or camp.

>>873118
Rhodesian Ridgebacks are one of the healthiest dog breeds out there. They are stubborn to train though and can have aggressive personalities if you play with them roughly or tease them.

>>873105
How are barking rats /out/? Do you not hunt or fish? Then you aren't /out/.
>>
>>873316
>Do you not hunt or fish? Then you aren't /out/.
Tell me more O' great arbiter of /out/!
>>
>>873316
>feeder
>hunting

>z0mg im so /out/ you guize 1!! 1!1!!
>>
>>873319
If all you do is hike and camp and take pictures of your rock chairs, then you belong on /an/ not /out/
>>
>>873314

It's what people call dogs around here. You'd know this if you weren't such a newfag. So fuck off nigger.
>>
>>873327
>climbing seven summits isn't /out/ because you didn't kill animal!
>>
>>873343
>using retarded reddit/tumblr words for dogs
>calling people newfag
Lel muh pupper silly doggo XD
>>
>>873314

What's with the name calling? It's not hurting you.If you don't like it, you can just ignore the person.

Stop being so salty, kid.
>>
>>873351

Fuck off nigger. Go back to Tumblr where you belong faggot.

Thank god I can put your retard cock sucking ass on ignore.
>>
>>873358

>guy tells you that he is putting you on ignore.
>still tries to talk to that person.

You're really not that bright.

Gonna follow anon lead and do the same with you, put you on ignore too. You got some growing up to do kid.
>>
>>873368
>lol ignored XD
Fuck off.
>>
>>873371
Triggered
>>
>>873299
I like your dogo
>>
>>873134

0/10 haram
>>
>>873316
>How are barking rats /out/?
>not using Yorkies to catch ermines
The possibilities are endless with Yorkies when it comes to hunting. You are a fagit.
>>
>>873314
it's just the way they are
/an/ is the gayest, most uninitiated community on 4chan other than /gif/ and its worksafe spawn
>>
>>872950
The best dog is subjective, friendo. It all depends on the persons activity level and what they do while out. I like to hunt a lot of fowl, so I've owned several pointers and labs. When I was a kid I loved coon hunting, so i always had several terriers and a treeing walker. Terriers are some of the most vicious and brave dogs I've ever known. The walkers were a lot better at finding the raccoons, but the terriers were better at dispatching them.
>>
>>873141
>it is bad to care for an animal that brings you great joy
baka why even have any fun? we should all just kill ourselves so we don't waste money.
>>
>>873351
>no words could have ever originated on 4chan
>no words that came from other websites can be used on my hugbox website
drink bleach retard
>>
>>873141
Control your emotions faggit. No one cares what you think or how you feel. Maybe you should ask your mom to bring you some pizza rolls down to the basement. Perhaps that will calm you a bit.
>>
>>875064
>>no words could have ever originated on 4chan
Where did I say that? Doggo is most definitely not from 4chan.
Just more baby talk that pet fags use for no reason, like pupper and doge.
>>
Never owned a husky but the ones I've been around seem to hardly bark and always want to play and go places. Definitely need a good leash
>>
>>875119
They howl something awful and a lot if they're really excited. They also tend to want to adventure and that can be really stressful. They're a great dog breed but require a heavy variety of physical activity and need to be challenged. If not they can be really destructive. Also twice a year they don't just shed, they "blow coat" and that shit gets EVERYWHERE. But for the right people with the right combo of patience, free time, and resources they're amazing dogs.
>>
File: IMG_0103.jpg (342KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103.jpg
342KB, 1080x1920px
>>872950
Posted her in another thread. Shelter said lab/shepherd mix. They're retarded. She's got pointy ears that don't know which way they want to go. Loose saggy skin around her face and chest. Webbed toes, a curly tail that kind of unravels instead of wags, and an incredibly high prey drive to where the squirrels in our yard know better than to be on the ground at 8am when she gets walked. She's down for just about anything as long as she can stop and sniff what gets her attention and she doesn't just sniff it either, she'll slam her face in it and inhale. Never had a dog like her in my life and I've had over 10.
>>
>>875143
Gross, dogs don't belong on human beds.
>>
>>875156
I will shit in your mother's mouth and face fuck her as punishment for birthing you.
>>
>>875156
why not? it's comfy to cuddle with my dog and it keeps us warm.
>>
>>873023
Your dog looks like it has such a low iq.

My dog is smarter than a 4 year old. My poodle bordercollie mix that was bred in a lab to have the smartest genes.
>>
>>872950

Grandparents had two wolfdog huskies.

Used to wrestle with me when I was a toddler. I'd tear teir ears, pull their tongues and ride them. They's drag me across the yard, roll me around and when I was a baby, they'd keep me safe from the sun and guard me outdoors when my parents and grandparents were inside. They were strict about their territory when I wasn't around but turned outright fucking savage when I was there. They killed cats, elk, deer and a stupid lone wolf who happened to wander across there. Never the neighboring dogs though, they always stayed away from the yard. They were a couple mated from small puppies. One she died, she was buried in the yard and we planted a tree at her grave. Immediately he stopped eating and just laid at her grave. A short while after he was buried right next to her.

Holy shit I miss those doggos. My first ever memory is riding one of them and holding on to her ears.

Fuck,
>>
File: 1507066_orig.jpg (45KB, 303x450px)
1507066_orig.jpg
45KB, 303x450px
>>875769
>One she died, she was buried in the yard and we planted a tree at her grave. Immediately he stopped eating and just laid at her grave. A short while after he was buried right next to her.
Fucking liar you actually expect us to believe this shit?
>>
>>875775

Nigga them dogs where called Eppu and Maki, both had a common Juniper planted at their grave
>>
>>875752
If u let ur dog sleep in the same bed as u and not beside ur bed or under ur bed , the dog thinks its equal to u in worth and will be bad. Also: dogs are smelly, hairy and dirty, bad mix unless u love desease, smelling bad and hairs all over u (in ur mouth/nose)
>>
>>875778
Speak English, retard.
>>
>>875781
I did. What's wrong, don't read english? Stupid ass.
>>
>>875778
You're a special snowflake kind of stupid. The equality part is not entirely true as long as your spot is asserted and the dog knows it's place. For her, it's at the foot of the bed. If she decides to challenge this as some dogs do from time to time she gets not only told to get off the bed but has to leave the room. I got this, no worries. Your typing and grammar is horrid btw. As far as the disease thing goes: Not touching it. Mostly because it's just plain wrong. The fur thing isn't an issue so long as you keep your dog groomed and clean.
>>
>>875821
>dog knows it's place
Lmao u insult my grammar yet u don't even know the difference between it's and its. Fucking loser, who do u think u are?
>>
>>875827
My phone auto corrected my its. Please excuse my oversight. What's your excuse for the ignorance that you've been dispensing?
>>
> fucking dog threads have more gay ass blabber than knife fag threads
> mfw img bbs

Miss you baboo.
>>
>>875858
oh yeah didn't you shoot her in the head because she was too old to bother with anymore or something like that?
>>
>>875858
>marking a grave for a dog
lol grow up
>>
>>875868
quite bold for such a pathetic statement
>>
File: RIMG1691.jpg (2MB, 2592x1464px)
RIMG1691.jpg
2MB, 2592x1464px
>>873162
Stinky? take him for a swim.
>>
>>875868
gotta stack rocks over the site or else critters will dig your dog up
pretty basic senpai
>>
>>873102

Love rodesian's temperment. They're huge dogs but are adorable.

I'm sleeping with mine now.
>>
>>875778
Fuck off muslim
>>
>>875941
its worse after swimming
she gets wet about every second day

if dry i don't notice it but other people told me

im not sure if its the undercoat that does not dry well or the slightly oily water repellent overcoat

someone told me it is only about the food but i think that water dogs with very dense undercoat are more likely to smell
>>
>>875962
Is the circle of life bad?
>>
>>875778
My dog doesn't smell bad or shed and dominance theory has been disproven many times. Try again.

>>876032
Try a furminator to get the undercoat out. Dead fur stinks up a dog.
>>
File: 20161008_152126.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px)
20161008_152126.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
He's just a sheppard lab cross but he's %1000 the best doggo iv ever had. I didn't want to be one of those annoying dog owners but fuck I love this guy.
>>
File: czechoslovakian-vlcak-1.jpg (66KB, 640x558px) Image search: [Google]
czechoslovakian-vlcak-1.jpg
66KB, 640x558px
How do I live /out/? My parents live in a small town and I moved to a big city for university, but how do I move from the big city to the country? I don't want to live in the same region as my parents, but it seems that living in the country is expensive as fuck.
>>
>>879249
And I want to own a czechoslovak wolfdog, but I can't because I don't live the country life?
>>
>>872950

There is only one greatest dog - your current dog.
>>
>>879281

/thread
>>
File: IMG_20161011_095345282.jpg (2MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161011_095345282.jpg
2MB, 1456x2592px
my dog has a backpack. she can carry 8 lb of stuff but i don't usually fill her pack that much, i just put a couple water bottles, collapsible water dish, and some poop bags.
>>
>>873141
I don't care about cats. Dogs are much further from their wild cousins than any cat and have a much closer bond with humans. While a wolf cub may continually pull at a rope attempting to get a treat, a puppy will give up and look for the nearest human. It's in their blood to need people.
>>
>>873145
>Dogs don't want to live in a house, they want to live outside.
You haven't met my dog. She's a spoiled air baby during the summer time. She'll wait by the back door to go back into the AC when she gets hot.
>>
>>873316
>And your dog barks at every noise or movement

You cant possibly be talking about my Greater Swiss Mountain dog, he is very quiet. Almost as quiet as a Akita.. except for the few moments a day when he hasn't seen you in awhile and goes batshit crazy in love with you.
>>
File: akbaş.jpg (76KB, 800x533px)
akbaş.jpg
76KB, 800x533px
i hope i will get one of these guys when i finally move to my village.
looking forward to the day where my only company will be a dog and a monkey and a horse
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (97KB, 960x720px)
maxresdefault[1].jpg
97KB, 960x720px
I wish I had enough time to have an /out/ dog
>>
assume that I work 9-5 in an office and I want to get a dog

I hear you need to be at home with them when they're puppers for a really long time. Will 5 weeks vacation do it?

Can a dog generally (labrador or something of similar size) be left alone for 4 hours at home? that way I or my gf could come home and walk it on lunch break
>>
>>880266
It really depends on the dog and how attached it gets to you. Labs can be destructive fucks if they're left alone, they like attention and respond well to training. As far as if you can make time for the dog or if leaving it alone during a workday is do-able it's a question of if your dog is going to be morose when your gone or if it's going to destroy your property. Like mom said, it's a big responsibility, and although some people will disagree, it's still a dependant living being. Plus if you're inner city and get a big dog and cram it into an apartment, it's gonna go loco.
>>
>>873134
Edgy fags please go
>advocating animal abuse
I advocate edgy retard abuse, if you see this poster in the wild, kill him if possible or at least beat him
>>
>>875048
>go to /wsg/ sometimes because there's occasionally worthwhile material
>it's full of tremendous newfags who fall for the oldest bait in the book or spout terrible uninformed drivel
>>
>this thread
Holy fuck, kill yourselves, why do you have to come into a thread of people talking about something they like and shit all over it
>>
>>875941

Is this in vermont?
>>
>>880266
Buy a pug.
Seriously, me and my girlfriend live in a city and dogsitted a pug for 3 weeks. Laziest doggo ever. We took him for three 5min walks every day and that was too much for him. All he wanted to do was lie down and be retarted and play with his toys, but only if you picked them up first.

Pugs are loveable, ugly retards. Great if you want something to laugh at, not so great to go out.
>>
>>879250
get the ´xs version
>>
File: image.jpg (892KB, 1773x1773px)
image.jpg
892KB, 1773x1773px
My mutt from a garbage bag does just fine hiking
>>
>>873141
So much wrong in this post unless you are a PETA fanatic. At least then you disgust with companion animals would be understandable. Dog ownership is associated with lower rates of depression, lower rates of hypertension and a generally improved quality of life. Additionally functional MRI studies show your dog loves you with the same parts of their brain that lets you love them. Are they overpopulated - for sure. Companion animals should be spayed or neutered. But getting a dog is often in your best interest.
>>
File: 1440051288091.jpg (60KB, 598x522px)
1440051288091.jpg
60KB, 598x522px
>>882201
>>
>>873134
some dogs are still working breeds but most are happy with a couple hours of walking a day and living inside with their family. people who own dogs are happier and healthier, so it's a mutually beneficial relationship.
>>
>>873134
You sound like you got beaten up in life a little too hard :)
>>
>>872983
Absolute mad man
>>
Look up treeing mountain fiest. Great /out/ companions in their own right (well trained) but cross them with a beagle and they're perfect.

Next I would say a coonhound or a collie.
>>
>>879359
this
fuck breed tendencies, a dog respond to his owner
>>
>>873162
>>875941
Last year I was hunting with my Field Golden and she found some human feces to roll on just on the side of the trail. We tried getting to clean it off while swimming (the outside temp was around 35F / 0C) she hopped in after sticks just fine but it didn't really help for the rest of the car ride home.

Though in general having the shorter coat is wonderful when she goes off for swims. We just hose her off at home and she sleeps in my bed the same night. If she runs through a bunch of tall grass sometimes we don't even hose her off.
>>
>>879414
This is wonderful. This post makes me the happiest because I know a good healthy dogo that gets /out/ would not mind carrying a few extra pounds within reason, withing reason. It's satisfying to think your companion would be carrying it's own supplies
>>
>>882201
Gotta go fast.
>>
>>873105
in a pinch you could use it as bait
>>
>>873102
it's got a dick on it's back
>>
File: IMG_1028[1].jpg (308KB, 1195x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1028[1].jpg
308KB, 1195x1600px
>my doggo got kicked by a roo, post surgery pic
>then about 3 months later she ate a shitload of rotting something and started having seizures, had surgery and they had to take her whole stomach out and clean it
>>
>>873498

Ty
>>
>>872983
Its a wild ATF
>>
not posting one of the best hunting dogs out there. Labrador Retrieves are easily top 5 cutest dogs out there, bith puppy and full grown. here mine at about 4yrs
>>
>>886584
Indeed I could.
>>
File: IMG_20161101_105340_01.jpg (166KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161101_105340_01.jpg
166KB, 720x1280px
German wire haired pointer. Had her for 7 years now. It's the best hunting dog I've ever had, learns everything I've tried to learn her. And she can keep running when her hunting instinct is active.
>>
>>886768
More pictures
>>
File: Ryoko.jpg (468KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Ryoko.jpg
468KB, 1000x563px
Almost any dog will go /out/ if you start when they're young.

That said, I have a border collie, terrier mix, and she's pretty much the best /out/ dog I've had yet, she just wants to keep moving and investigating, she doesn't give a fuck about strange people or strange dogs, and she's the easiest dog I've ever trained.

She's also a disgusting weeaboo.
>>
>>886801
border collies are top tier
I have 3 dogs, one is bordercollie and the others are X Huntaway
They're smart as fuck and love sniffing and all that but are super loyal, coming as soon as i call.
they're getting on in years now though so they only get a walk or so a day
eldest is 13, middle (her pup) is 11 and last is 11 months old, so he's always ready for outside.
And playing with the other sleepy dogs
>>
>>873098
Down hills are another matter entirely. I love my two alaskan malamutes to bits but they're fookin hard work desu.
>>
>>872976
Sounds like a shitty dog if it just damaged your fence to attack unprovoked like that.
You don't know how to train a dog?
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.