[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ALICE Gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Alice01a.jpg (91KB, 380x494px) Image search: [Google]
Alice01a.jpg
91KB, 380x494px
I was borrowing a friends alice belt, aka pistol belt, and she asked for it back.

So now I am in the market for a new one.
I cant figure out which is which. Alice, LCE, ILCE, there are a ton of names.

I need a belt, and some large, soft pouches. I use these when camping, and at festivals. I attach all my shit to them, water bottle, photo gear, knives, etc.
I keep everything else in the pouches. Lighters, ID, money, etc.

I honestly have no idea what the proper names for these items are, and in turn having a hard time finding them for sale online.

I'm looking for a belt. I found a ton of the, but if you have any input on which "brand" or type are better over the other, let me know.
Still looking for pouches. I would like something large, so not an ammo pouch, and preferably something soft. The old one I had was very stiff.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00P40SAJY/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1476136391&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=alice+belt&dpPl=1&dpID=51A-USC3WsL&ref=plSrch I find Amazon to be a pretty good site for milsurp.
>>
>>872816
Thanks the " M-16 Ammo Pouch" looks very similar what I had before. Sans the plastic lock. But searching for that yields too many variations on the item. Is there a more specific name for that type of pouch?
>>
>>872833
ALICE stands for All-Purpose Lightweight Infantry Carrying Equipment, its a modular system of gear for carrying and individuals immediate necessities.

The pouch you are looking for is known as an ALICE small arms pouch.

I like ALICE gear because I'm a fag for Nam stuff, but to be honest with you a modern Combat Belt is better in every way to ALICE.
>>
>>872852
>ALICE small arms pouch.
Thanks, that's the one.

Is there a name for one without the plastic latch? The one that uses metal.
And are there other types of pouches? I only see about 3 or 4 variations.
>>
>>872808
Just buy a "SMERSH"-vest
I bought mine from a shop called spetstorg, send them an email
[email protected]
>>
>>872907

Search for Molle SAW Pouch or Molle pouches for modern milsurp.

Modern Rigger belts are rigid enough to carry weight of pouches on them
>>
Thanks all.

I just got me this belt here, its almost the exact one I had before. I really like that metal buckle, and the eyelets are a must for what I do. I have a bunch of S clips that I attach to them, and hang carabiner off those.
water bottles, cups, bags, anything with a loop gets attached to that.

I'll keep shopping for a new pouch, or two.
>>
Is ALICE compatible with MOLLE? I found a nice molle ammo pouch, looks like it might work with alice clips.

cant find good info online.
>>
>>873816
you can put molle pouches on an alice belt but its not as secure as using alice clips. you can put alice clips on molle pouches too if you want. but yeah as long as you thread it back through the molle on the other side of the belt before you button it closed it will work.
>>
File: derdff.jpg (484KB, 1704x1766px) Image search: [Google]
derdff.jpg
484KB, 1704x1766px
>>872808
make sure you get a buttpack and attach the toke to the buttpack and the front two magazine pouches. it gives you some slack to adjust the fit of your yoke.
>>
> itt nice heavy canvas

Look on the bright side, for the weight, you can't carry as much, but it's (used to be) cheap!

You can get better for less money and less weight, unless that's "the look" you're after.

I can personally rec the Lumbar Pack from Mountain Smith. Add the available sholder straps and you'll never know it's there.
>>
File: IMG_1022[1].jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1022[1].jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I got nothing but nice thing to say about my M-56 rig. Works great.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.