[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Hiking Trails in Maricopa County, AZ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1280px-Flag_of_Arizona.svg.png (55KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Flag_of_Arizona.svg.png
55KB, 1280x854px
Hello all,

Been getting back into hiking now that work is slowing down. I was looking for some trail recommendations for an intermediate to difficult hike in the surrounding Phoenix areas (the more the better).

I want to get back into it and do a couple a week that are moderately difficult, and range from a couple miles to 5+ (don't say Camelback Mountain, it's too crowded and for tourists).

I have the AllTrails app on my phone, but I find what others rate difficult I usually come to disagree with.

I have a meeting at work in a few, so if I get recommendations and do not respond, I will shortly. Thank you in advance.
>>
File: arizona.png (138KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
arizona.png
138KB, 700x700px
Hi AZ bro. Don't know much about hiking spots in this area, I just moved to Tempe from Sedona so I have the same question.

On that note, I'm also looking for good shooting locations. The only shooting ranges nearby are indoor and I really don't want to shoot my rifles inside, and I don't want to make a trip all the way up to Ben Avery. As far as I can tell, it's legal on all BLM land as long as you follow the rules. I was told that Usery Mountain is a good area. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>872850
As for shooting, go to the local police dept. for the info, you just have to be x miles away residences, but it varies on city/county.

I know there if a place (shot there before) in North Phoenix, 10 minutes from Desert Ridge that is just empty desert.
>>
>>872850
I live in Washington and I've never been to Nevada
>>
>>872850
Just moved to Tempe too. You go to ASU?
>>
>>872850
Go shooting anywhere in the desert around Wickenburg
Nobody there cares, they all do it
>>
>>873051
Go to the local police department and shoot some pigs.
>>
File: IMG_20150905_174712.jpg (688KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150905_174712.jpg
688KB, 2048x1536px
Phoenix Mountain Preserve at about 32nd St and Baseline.

I first hiked there with Donna. Then I fucked her, so I like it

Phoenix Rod and Gun Club at about 7 Ave and Baseline (check that), a nice but short range. Good for where it is!

Steel once a week.

> Sedona

Fucker!
>>
>>872850
the shooting range near usery pass is good and cheap
>>
>>873734
Is usury pass in the hebrew part of town?
>>
I live in Cave Creek, there's a bunch of hiking options out here.

For the most scenic options I'd say hit Spur Cross right outside downtown CC, or somewhere out in New River off Carefree Highway towards the I-17.
>>
>>873754
Also the area out by pinnacle peak/tom's thumb is incredible, you can see the superstition's miles away.
>>
>>873754
I live in Cave Creek too.
>>
>>873088
Yep, studying Chemical Engineering. I've been looking at some of the outdoors clubs but nothing seems too promising; super normie and full of hipsters.
>>
>>873795
Same, I agree too normie and always posting and taking pictures and shit. I'm studying Computer Science.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.