[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kayaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: pDSP1-23900870v750.jpg (205KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
pDSP1-23900870v750.jpg
205KB, 750x750px
Let's talk about kayaking. I would like to buy a one person kayak, I don't need anything too high end but I also don't want a cheap piece of crap. Any suggestions? My range is around 250$ through 350$. Is this too low?

Also Kayaking general.
>>
>>872140
The 'yak in your pic is the best you're going to get in your price range. Which is not to say it's a bad kayak. I was actually going to suggest that very one before even seeing your image. I work at a field and stream and I always recommend the Trophy 126 to first time 'yak buyers on a budget. It's a great value for a decent little fishing kayak.
>>
>>872140
What will you be using it for, and where?

That's pretty much bottom end for kayaks, but even a shitty boat is better than no boat. You could also look at craigslist, or see if any local marine shops are selling off their demo or rental models.
>>
>>872170
What is the name of the Kajak then?

Looks terribly short to me. Possibly less then 3m.
>>
>>872140
>My range is around 250$ through 350$.
lmao
>>
>>872182
Just to take around fairly calm rivers and lakes, I was looking around lake Erie.
>>
>>872183
The kayak in your pic is the Trophy 126.

Don't listen to the other people in this thread. A kayak is a kayak. It floats, it has rod holders, and it has a water tight compartment which are really the only extra features you need. This is a good kayak for a beginner. Its not the most comfortable kayak in the world but its also only $350. Anyone who tells you that you need to spend top dollar for a good functioning kayak is a fool. Furthermore, anyone who cant make do with a simple kayak like this one is a little bitch who is playing into the hand of manufacturers that charge top dollar for kayaks that are marginally better than this one.

>>872187
This guy, for example, is a fool. Price does not always equal quality. There's nothing egregiously wrong with the Trophy 126. Are there kayaks out there with more features? Sure. Will this kayak prevent you from having a good time and catching fish? Absolutely not. Its biggest cons are that its on the shorter size and the seat isn't super comfortable after sitting in it for a few hours. Its short length means it wont track as well as a larger kayaks but on the flip side its super easy to load onto a car by yourself because of this. Generally speaking, as the price gets higher on a kayak you're really just paying for more space inside it, a more comfortable seat, and perhaps a few features that you really don't need or can easy purchase separately and add to a cheaper kayak anyways.

Again, for your price range, this kayak is perfect. Just stick to inland lakes and calm rivers. You wont be doing any open sea kayaking in this.
>>
>>872170
what do you recommend for cheap kayak fishing on a budget in the same price range?
>>
>>872426
nvm saw your mention about fishing with it

>>872197
>>
>>872197
wouldnt a sit on kayak like the sun dolphin journey be better for fishing?
>>
How big are you anon? Tried out kayaking for abit but was too top heavy and the kayak was never stable.
>>
>>872460
I am close to 200 lbs and with gear over 200 lbs for sure and kayaking in basic recreational kayaks have been nothing but stable.

I have never been in one but you sure you weren't in a youth kayak ? they aren't always marked as such a lot of them are about 7 ft long or so.
>>
File: Kayaking-On-Edge.jpg (634KB, 1749x840px) Image search: [Google]
Kayaking-On-Edge.jpg
634KB, 1749x840px
>>872460
>>872468
If you're a noob and you get in a long narrow sea kayak they can feel tippy. Rec boats and fishing kayaks are more stable.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.