[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What cheap /out/ phone is the best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: s30-grip.jpg (53KB, 570x500px) Image search: [Google]
s30-grip.jpg
53KB, 570x500px
What cheap /out/ phone is the best?
>>
>>871995
iPhone 7

Posted from my iPhone

For real tho, what the hell is that CAT phone? We have these Motorolla handheld computers for work and they have a phone build in but idk what you would need the computer capability for.
>>
>>871995
samsung galaxy s4 active.
>>
>>871995
there is no such thing as /out/ phone. it doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>871995
any feature phone, too bad they dont make any wtih good camera
>>
>>871995
I use the Samsung SCH-U660 "Convoy 2" flip phone. It shares some features with the more modern Smart Phones like removable memory, media player, flashlight, headphone jack, 3G internet access, speakers that put most Smart Phone speakers to shame, and a battery that lasts for days on a single charge.

Only downside is that it's Verizon-exclusive, but if that's not a problem they go for ~$20USD on Amazon if you opt for a refurb.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006OU39QW/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all
>>
>>871995
I used the Kyocera Plus and the Samsung Rugby Pro/non-pro all to varying degrees of success when I was a bike messenger. They were fine tough phones, I liked the Kyocera best. All of them were kinda slow, and had little annoying problems that you could deal with but were always there. The trouble is tough phones haven't gotten much better, nor have their prices dropped much.

What I do these days is roll with a used iPhone 5. I usually don't worry about a case, but if I'm going hiking I put it in a decent case and throw it two fresh zip locks w/ silica gel and sometimes a paper towel. If I don't have silica gel I put a little dry couscous (rounder than rice, doesn't wear the bag out as fast) in between the two bags.

If you're set on buying something and not worrying bagging it ect. I'd look into cases (otter comes to mind) rather than specific phones.
>>
How do you maintain an emergency phone?

I don't like taking phones with me, but a part of me has started to feel like I should have something for worst case.

It's not a big deal to get a $20 shit phone, but pre-paid expires and I don't want to keep buying credit that I probably will never use. So what else can you do? Something that won't keep costing me
>>
File: antenna info.jpg (96KB, 1800x244px) Image search: [Google]
antenna info.jpg
96KB, 1800x244px
>>872057
You want a handheld HAM like the UV-5R. Program it to your local authorities' frequency and transmit only in the event of an emergency.

FCC allows for some wiggle-room regarding broadcasting without a license, but ONLY in the event of a true emergency.

But make your own antenna, or do your research and buy a better one. Pic is from a /pol/ HAM radio thread - level 99 radio buff giving sound antenna advice.
>>
regular smartphone with rugged ass case
>>
>>872057
pageplus sells $10 top-up cards that last 4 months, so you can get a years worth of service for $30

if the alternative is not taking any phone with, that is well worth some assurance you'd be able to call for help
>>
>>871995
I used to have an Evolveo. It sucks as shit. Now got an Xcover 3 and it's kind of better, got it for almost a year and not a single problem.
>>
File: samsung+car+fire.jpg (47KB, 1203x675px) Image search: [Google]
samsung+car+fire.jpg
47KB, 1203x675px
>>871995
>What cheap /out/ phone is the best?

Samsung Note 7
>>
>>872189
Thanks for this advice, anon. Not the OP or poster you are replying to, but I don't even have a smartphone but am thinking I probably need one for when I go on longer rides (cycling) or walking trails.
>>
>>871995
>phone
>not a radio

Shiggy
>>
>>872363
I would have suggested ringplus, which I have several lines on....it can be used completely free, however since some FCC regulations were put into place, it's much harder or nearly impossible to find a phone that will work

you can try freedompop, I believe they are still accepting people...like ringplus, you have to have an eligible sprint phone....the minutes are a lot less, but it's still good to have just in case
>>
File: 1469661408538.jpg (85KB, 691x864px) Image search: [Google]
1469661408538.jpg
85KB, 691x864px
>>871995
I have Evolveo strongphone d2 and it's pretty ok OP. But i must say I'm not a tech savvy, my last phone before this one was Nokia 5800.
>>
>>871995
Literally just a smartphone with a good case. I have an iPhone 7+ with a Lifeproof case. It's basically indestructible as long as I don't go out of my way to destroy it. Back when I had my 6+ I dropped the phone 150 feet down onto concrete, the lifeproof was fucked, but the phone inside didn't have a scratch on it. Also it's waterproof and if your phone does break with the case on, lifeproof will replace your phone. Basically a win win.
>>
>>872057
You don't need a card for genuine emergency use.
>>
>>875491
How "waterproof" is the case? I'm about to upgrade and I'd like something that's separately waterproof so I don't have to open up my otter box and expose everything else when I want to take a picture
>>
File: toughpad fze1.jpg (74KB, 635x475px) Image search: [Google]
toughpad fze1.jpg
74KB, 635x475px
>Cheap
UV-82.

>Phone
Pic related, or its android version.
>>
>>871995
What the fuck is wrong with you? The whole reason to go out is to get away from bullshit like phones.
>>
>>875531
That's highly subjective. Some people just enjoy going on day hikes and taking pictures. What's with millennials and thinking their opinions should be laws?
>>
>>875531
I like to take photos while I'm out. I also need my phone in case someone needs to reach me in an emergency.
>>
Bought a blackview bv6000;can also be used for self defence, i like it
>>
>>875531
fuck off
>>
>>875531
this, just carry a satphone and don't let anyone else know the number
>>
>>875521
>$1,979.00, CDMA only
wew, into the trash
>>
>>872273
yes it doubles as a great firestarter. more reliable than a firesteel
>>
>>876558
>you don't even have to add water, the lithium ignites on its own - just like magic!
>>
>>872380
Rakesh?
>>
File: bb8700c_beauty_hand.jpg (57KB, 246x300px) Image search: [Google]
bb8700c_beauty_hand.jpg
57KB, 246x300px
pic related. its unlocked and traveled the world with me. also great battery life and carry a backup battery.
>>
>>872011
Presumably he means a phone more suited to outdoors activities. Something that is more rugged or with a long battery life.
>>
File: 1476318168148.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476318168148.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
LG5 came with extra battery and a lifeproof case. dropped of my kayak. swam with whale sharks, went to the peak of whitney. no problem. gps worked fine, 2 cameras worked well with the case..what more do you need?
>>
>>871995
huawei 6y pro with 3000 mah battery. fuck any high spec phone because the ultra-hd screens eat power
>>
>>876678
Ive kept all my old blackberries for their durability. My BB Passport is in my BoB with gigs of maps and information.
>>
>>871995
I was away for a year and see this thread.

You are beyond stupid OP. Should focus on battery not the device, fucking trolls still poluting this board
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.