[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to live in a boat house. What do I need to know? Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

I want to live in a boat house.

What do I need to know? Is it expensive? Anyone here know how to live in a boat house?
>>
I highly doubt you could afford one, but I could be wrong.

Have you ever lived on the sea before?
Do you easily get sea sickness?
You will be lonely while on the boat...
>>
>>871834
Let's assume I already own the boat itself
what costs will I incur from docking and shit to go into town for food and shit? what are the real life costs of living like this?

Human contact is not a concern.
>>
>>871836
Depending on the area, some places will charge you to dock or go into private property. You will have to maintain the boat and if any major leaks or engine failures happen, you will lose the boat. Other than that, everything should be the same and you could live this way indefinitely.
>>
File: PTSD Casevac Feels.jpg (159KB, 1012x1280px) Image search: [Google]
PTSD Casevac Feels.jpg
159KB, 1012x1280px
Bumping because I'm going through a mental breakdown and withdrawl from society is the only solution.
>>
>>871844
Hope you get better anon
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 576x387px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 576x387px
What's you're reasoning for wanting to live on a boat? Not sure if this is an option in your area but If it were me I would get a house boat/floating house. Doesn't have the gas expense and doesn't require the maintenance of a boat engine which is extremely expensive on the size of a boat you could live full time on.
>>
>>871828
Depends on the size of the thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5IM-0iuKXg
>>
>>871844
I went through some serious mental shit between the ages of 16-20 after finding out my father had done some absolutely horrible shit I'll not get into, the only thing that really helped me was a lot of solo camping. Would honestly recommend it to anyone going through a hard time to really figure themselves out. I hope things get easier anon.
>>
>>871828
The doublewide of the seas...

There are actually a handful of those around here, and tons of people live on shitty old boats in the keys. They just anchor them in natural harbors and I doubt 90% of them are capable of moving under their own power.
>>
>>871828
They're money pits OP. I owned and lived on one for 6 years. It was cheaper at first but with the maintenance and all that it ended up being just as spend as owning a nice house. I sold it and moved because my job moved a couple of years ago, but I will say I do miss living on the water and I'm planning on buying a live aboard boat when I retire.
>>
>>872442
Got a pic? :3
>>
>>872443
On a thumb drive somewhere, yeah. One sec, let's see if I can track it down.
>>
>>872444
It's not in my desk it may be in storage I'll check tomorrow after work and post some pics if the thread is still up.
>>
has anybody ever lived on a sailing boat during winter?

i expierienced it in summer and it was fun but it might just suck during winter or over a longer period of time because of wc/shower, insulation, heating, small space, laundry etc.
>>
Go be a gillnetter in Alaska and just sleep in your boat year round
>>
>What do i need to know to live in a boathouse
>To swim
>>
>>872506
this is more promising than it sounds, not him btw
oh and take away the gillnetting, just sleep zzzzz
>>
>>871828
Boat stands for Bust Out Another Thousand.
>>
>>872513
you don't need a boat to do that

just get a waterbed and 'ocean sounds vol. 3' audio cd
>>
>>872449
No luck, friend?
>>
>>872513
Make 5-30k as a captain of your own boat in 2 months. Sit and shitpost using harbor wifi the next 10. Maybe go out and catch some halibut and rockfish too.
>>
>>873186
ling cod prices are up too might as well fish them.
>>
File: 1466714292390.jpg (114KB, 620x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1466714292390.jpg
114KB, 620x1095px
>>871828
you live in a houseboat
>you're so poor it barely floats
you live in a houseboat
>you're white trash you're fucking broke
you live in a houseboat
>trailer park thinks you're a joke
you live in a houseboat
>you're a dumb stupid fag
you live in a houseboat
>your dog wears a bandana
you live in a houseboat
>you have no teeth
you live in a houseboat
>you have tattoos of an anchor
you live in a houseboat
>your house has a leak
you live in a houseboat
>>
>>871828
Buy a houseboat
Live on it
?????
Profit
>>
>>872003

People say these kinds of things, and I'm not patronizing you when I ask: how does one "find themself"? You lay in a tent and think about what you want out of life, what your goals, likes and dislikes are? Or do you go look into the wilderness to distract you from whatever it is and when you finally you remember, you realize it isn't that important?
>>
>>873247
Damn fucking straight, this niqqa gets it
>>
>>873911
I'd like to add, the little time I've spent drift netting in Cook Inlet, it was the most /out/ I've ever been. From getting sloshed around in 10ft waves that you can't predict to catching more fish in a day than I've caught in my whole life, it was amazing. The 4 hours of sleep kind of blows horse cunts though.
>>
house boat is what you pictured. boat house is a building.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.