[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What /out/ equipment do you use in urban life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Atom-LT-Hoody-Macaw.png (290KB, 450x625px) Image search: [Google]
Atom-LT-Hoody-Macaw.png
290KB, 450x625px
I have pic related and it's so comfy and warm for someone who hates bulky jackets.

Is it a waste/frowned upon to use /out/ gear casually?
>>
File: Stanley-Camp-Cook-Set-1000x1000.jpg (56KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Stanley-Camp-Cook-Set-1000x1000.jpg
56KB, 1000x1000px
Sometimes it can make you look like an affected douche but generally in extreme cases. It's fine. I use my Stanley pot and stove to heat up soups in my room late at night
>>
Stop caring so much about what other people think about you and just do things that makes you happy.
>>
>>871593
I never knew this was a thing.

I mean I guess if you're stomping around in mountaineering boots or being some sort of tryhard who never actually goes out? That has more to do with lying/being disingenuous than using outdoor shit in town.

Maybe if you're annoying about it? If you won't shut up about how you're always out and you're so cool because you go out and blah blah, but that's true of anything. The same could be said of a programmer who wears programming t-shrits or a black guy who always wears BLM shit.

Honestly, plenty of fashions come from outdoor gear. People love rain shells, Northface fleeces were super popular for a while. People use daypacks for going around town who have no idea that that was what they were made for.

Not a big deal if you ask me.
>>
>>871595
>>871595
>>871595
>>871595
>>871595
>>871595
>>
I tend to wear trainers quite often, i know that they're meant for running in, but no ones seems to have of cottoned on yet.
>>
>>871593
i wear my super duper expensive stuff around town if it warrants it (cold/wind/rain) and i don't give a flying fuck what people think of it, what do i care when i am warm/dry and you aren't in your non-technical but 'fashionable' jacket, i could just as easily laugh at anyone that doesn't wear outdoor gear when outdoors for being a fashion victim twat (you paid how much for a nylon/cotton jacket that won't keep you dry or is windproof but you think makes you look 'pretty')
>>
File: Out_girls_Norway.jpg (190KB, 1000x564px) Image search: [Google]
Out_girls_Norway.jpg
190KB, 1000x564px
>>871593
Haha, come to Norway -- nobody wears anything else. Maybe a week mid-summer (normally called the green winter) you can find a couple of people wearing cotton T-shirts, but the rest of the year everyone wears technical clothing, everywhere, all the time.

"High fashion" in the better parts of western Oslo is mainly Arc'Teryx, Klättermusen, Norrona etc, always the latest models, costing easily $1000 pr jacket.

The rest of the country are happy using Bergans and less ridiculously priced brands.

Image sort of, but definately not, related
>>
>>871595
wow i've never looked at it that way before. thanks for imparting your knowledge
>>
>>871593
Where I live, wearing /out/ gear is the norm.
>>
>>872538

those mountains look d o p e
>>
>>872538
OP here I'm not much of an out person (yet) but I really want to visit Scandinavia in winter and it was one of the reasons I had in mind while buying my technical jackets.

Can I get around in Oslo or Bergen during winter with arcteryx atom lt and Patagonia torrentshell? I know it isn't technical but I also have leather Timberland boots
>>
>>874269
Bergen is usually just rainy so bring a water/windproof jacket. Oslo can get quite cold, but you should do fine. Avoid Gore-tex boots if the temperature drops lower than -20 though (Shouldn't be a problem in town).
>>
File: 71LDPcAWuUL._UY600_.jpg (39KB, 561x600px) Image search: [Google]
71LDPcAWuUL._UY600_.jpg
39KB, 561x600px
>>874289
Thanks for the tips what is the deal with gore tex boots? Do they make you feel really hot unless the weather is really really cold? (sorry if this is a stupid question but I never tried a goretex boot pair)

So pic related should be fine in Scandinavian cities during winter unless some extreme conditions?
>>
>>874300
Moisture is trapped in the membrane and freezes causing a refrigerator effect which again causes frost bite or other cold related injuries in worst case.

Yeah, if you wear wool socks. Two pairs if it's really cold. (I've wore 3 pairs of thick wool socks when the temperature was -35c)
>>
>>874305
Thank you very much for that info personally I've never experienced cold temperatures lower than - 5.

Just out of curiosity, correct me if I'm wrong but assuming you're Norwegian what is the typical daily clothing on a reasonably cold winter day? (Not for out activities but just urban living) What are the essentials that people like me who live in warmer climates might not even think of?
>>
>>874307
Depends on the activity I'm doing. I like wearing a long sleeve netting and netting trousers underneath my normal clothing because it wicks away sweat, is light weight and not too bulky. As mid layer I'd wear a wool sweater, or a down midlayer jacket and probably a gore-tex jacket as my outer layer.
If I want to look reasonably good while doing my daily chores I'd probably wear the same as I wear during the fall, but adding a few layers and avoiding very slim fitting trousers. I hate sweating during the winter, so I'd rather be a little bit cold than too warm as you'll end up freezing in the long run.
Pro tip: actively adjust layers to your body temperature to avoid sweating and freezing.
>>
>>874314
Looks like shit, but is the best inner-layer no matter what time of the year imo
>>
>>874314
Thanks for the elaborate answer anon much appreciated
>>874318
Looks more like fetish sex clothing rather than a layer desu but I can see that it would work awesomely
>>
>>874318
fucken saved for later.
>>
>>874318
Gotta second >>874321
Looks like fetish wear but as someone with a very warm core I can see the appeal. Would look QT on a grill.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.