[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20161007_163122617.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161007_163122617.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
Alright you granola munching homosexuals normally I would ask /k/ but fuck it I'll try here first

Im in the market for a new pair of boots for hiking/camping and general outside fuckery and I need recommendations on boots/boot manufacturers. I have a pair of redwing 4499 for work but they're heavy as shit cause steel toe plus metatarsal guards.

I'm looking for somethings on par or better than redwing as far as quality goes and I'm looking for
>leather construction
>8-10" tall
>soft toe
>live in FL water proof or at least water resistant is a must
>>
>>871078
Why don't you look at the many other threads talking about boots already you dick sucking homosexual.
>>
Post in the boot thread that's already up and running and I'll give you advice.
>>
File: 1470085090132.gif (2MB, 423x278px) Image search: [Google]
1470085090132.gif
2MB, 423x278px
>>871091
>Read through bootgeneral
>90% of posts are about faggy jogging shoes
>One post with a boot similar to what I'm looking for

Maybe I've come to the wrong place...
>>
>>871099
Yeah, maybe you're right and should go back to your fucking /k/retins shithole. Also people recommend trails shoes because they are the ultimate choice for /out/.

If you're looking for working boots then ask /diy/ or some shit. maybe call danner
>>
>>871078
Boots boots boots boots, moving up and down again.
>>
>>871108
>they are the ultimate choice for /out/.
Until it rains or you go off trail.
>>
>>871168
tell that to thru hikers who walk through rain or snow for days or weeks at a time.
>>
File: IMG_20160103_154727-1.jpg (529KB, 2048x1295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160103_154727-1.jpg
529KB, 2048x1295px
>>871078
> homo
You're welcome, master... baiter.
>>
File: 1343803715510.jpg (79KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1343803715510.jpg
79KB, 500x375px
>>871078
>Alright you granola munching homosexuals normally I would ask /k/ but fuck it I'll try here first
>>live in FL
you sound like a real decent human being OP
>>
>>871184
Go easy on the weak ankled faggot. He has a girlish body that requires strong ankle support to walk.
>>
You /out/ fags are some salty fuckers

God forbid you have a sense of humor
>>
>>871255
Maybe you need a safe space.
>>>/Lgtb/
>>>/K/
>>
>>871161
up and down, up and down, boots, boots again.
>>
File: Danner Vicious.jpg (17KB, 276x320px) Image search: [Google]
Danner Vicious.jpg
17KB, 276x320px
>>871078
I've got a pair of Danner Vicious' and they're pretty dope. Seem to be what you're asking for to a T. They feel excellent, my feet don't fatigue in them after a long day of work unlike some other shoes I have. That said my hiking experience with them is limited to short day hikes so far (looking to get some longer backpacking in this winter with them). Mainly in the summer tho I roll in Solomon trail runners- that's what I thru hiked the AT in and what works for a lot of people. My AT buddy did the Florida Trail in Chacos and loved them. Everyones different tho. Pic related.
>>
>>871099
>faggy jogging shoes
friendly reminder youre an idiot and don't even know what you want, you just like cosplaying as your dad
>>
>>871378

clearly said boots, not faggy jogging shoes
>>
The thing about leather is you can get it pretty waterproof on its own with some wax. I myself have a pair of old Danner Pronghorns, great boots. They have Thinsilate or whatever in them, so better for the colder months. I've walked through a shallow river and never got my feet wet.

You have good taste if you bought Red Wings. I suggest you check out some of their lines. I know they make a few boots without steel toes. Danner is another good brand, and believe it or not Timberland does actually make some decent hunting/hiking boots.
>>
>>871255
>heyyy fags and queers, the things you like are shit!
>...why am I not getting good advice?
>>
what's wrong with granola and being homosexual :\
>>
>>871078
Something from Danner.
>>
Wolverines
8 inch
leather
soft, or steel toe ( i think they may have also used to offer a composite toe)
waterproof out of the box, with some maintenance for many years
steel shank in sole, for any ladder work

i had my first pair for 8 years, walked thousands of miles in them, they stated waterproof for about 6 years with me adding nothing to them , and abusing them on a daiy basis ,

http://www.sears.com/wolverine-men-s-durashocks-brown-leather-waterproof-insulated-8inch/p-067VA11325301P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6
>>
Check out Meindls sold at Cabelas. They're 8 inches high, very soft and not terribly expensive. They hold up to wildland firefighting so they can't be crap construction.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.