[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mountaintop Backpacks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: mountaintop.png (401KB, 1640x638px) Image search: [Google]
mountaintop.png
401KB, 1640x638px
Anyone own one of these? They're very low price, and actual reviews from people who aren't paid to make them seem promising. On the verge of buying one, but I don't trust anything that seems to be equal quality to big brands but a great deal cheaper.

Will these things last me? Are the materials good? I'd like to keep the pack for a long time.
>>
>buying backpacks online

anon dont do it.
always try a backpack on before you pay for it
unless you live in buttfuck no where
then good luck
>>
>>870141
>Will these things last me? Are the materials good? I'd like to keep the pack for a long time.

for 60 dollars, no, none of the above. I will never understand why one would cheap out on gear. Spend a few hundred for something high quality, that is what will last you a very long time.
>>
>>870143
how is that even possible. Most retailers you find laying around don't carry high quality gear. I demand my pack be cuben fiber, nobody carries that type of gear because they suck. Any online retailer worth a damn will let you return packs that don't fit for something that does.
>>
>>870148
I mean this guy seems pretty happy with one... And his review isn't an affiliate deal or anything, an honest review in the field

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfMRPr24Zvg

What would you recommend for babby's first overnight pack then anon?
>>
>>870149
Most places like Cabela's, Bass Pro, REI, etc will let you try on packs and have weight bags you can put in them.
>>
>>870163
yeah but they don't have cuben fiber packs, specific brands like zpacks or hyperlite mountain gear
>>
Honestly anon, if you are strapped for cash and want a cheap pack, you should just get one used. Odds are they will still last you much longer than a cheap chinese backpack, and probably will set you back a similar amount, if not less.
>>
>>870148
eh, i got a high sierra 45l for <$50 at costco a few years back. i've beat the ever loving hell out of it hauling climbing gear and way too much weight and volume and it's never given me a second of trouble. i still use it as my cragging pack.

>>870141
would it be your first pack, op? imo a cheap backpack is great for beginners because when you learn what you like and need on a pack you feel okay upgrading (though carrying options to ghetto rig it in case it fails in the field is probably not a terrible idea).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.