[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here live in a bus/van? I need advice on earning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 20161002_105505.jpg (3MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20161002_105505.jpg
3MB, 2976x2976px
Does anyone here live in a bus/van? I need advice on earning money and staying presentable while living the /buslife/.
>>
You can do all of the things you would normally do if you had a house.
>>
File: Capture101.jpg (82KB, 1020x669px) Image search: [Google]
Capture101.jpg
82KB, 1020x669px
>>869688
Myself and 3 others lived in a modified school bus for 17 months. We originally bought it to drive to central america to work as volunteers for 'something without borders' but that ended up falling through. then the dot crash and 2 of the guys were jobless, so of course money got thin for them and eventually they wanted to sell the bus. me and another dude suggested reviving our plans to drive to nicaragua ect.. via burning man and a tour of the west coast, mexico bc, mexico city, guatemala and onto nica. I work in the furniture industry had a steady job, my mom had recently passed leaving me with all her stuff so financially I wasn't as bad off as my unemployed friends, the other guy was family rich, they didn't care what he did or how much he spent as long as he didn't bother them and he really didnt have much of a life truthfully. well..that's a little too much to reveal on an anonymous chicken ranching forum so..

LSS: we drove to central america in a bus. at one point we all were employed and had to look the part. (web dev, english teacher, dive boat crew, IT tech, data entry, american breakfast chef, handyman, fisheries biologist, sommelier, soccer coach, cpr trainer..it was crazy what did for a place to stay) electric water, 2 winches, sits bath shower, re-bar shooter, taco truck horn and amps to boom the BASS. screened windows, curtain partitions, 9 rv batteries, inverters, 2 generators, stash boxes, cubicle type walls on t-tracks, propane, spud launcher, folding bunks, captains chairs, roof racks, re-bar shooter, kitchen, newer model diesel tanks with upgraded filters and traps (they have shit gas)
much fun was had.

I'm old and this was a while ago, you can do it on the cheap OP just figure out your needs.
and make a plan.
>>
File: rsz_img_20160605_092512.jpg (150KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20160605_092512.jpg
150KB, 1328x747px
I live in a bus and make money playing music. Cant help you with being presentable.
>>
>>869715
What is the gas mileage like on a bus?
>>
Is living in a van until you find soil to root in degenerate?
>>
File: 1248546877237.png (2KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
1248546877237.png
2KB, 299x276px
>>869715
Dude, you can honestly say you have done and seen some shit.
Did you find a horrible woman to have a child with?
How does this story end?
I need closure
>>
>>869745
Definitely deviant, but not degenerate.
>>
>>869715

Sounds like a book in the making. Also what the hell is a re-bar shooter?
>>
>>869688
I would love huge amounts of land and a bus to modify. Its steel baby, get yourself halfway good at fabricating. Ain't shit you can't do to that bus. I'd go with a longer/full size. I'd enjoy a short bus for being able to make fun of my self but I would want as much space as I could.

I would install a wood burning stove but consider drip feed modifications for used motor oil. All seats except driver removed. Add folding beds and tables to free floor space. Use some of the roofs curvature to make over head storage. I would at least try to add osb or plywood panels to insulate. Fire block for the stove is easy.
>>
>>869738
Its shit.
>>
File: denver-colorado.jpg (3MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
denver-colorado.jpg
3MB, 1800x1200px
Just bought a Chevy express AWD cargo van today.
Drove it up to flagstaff, decided to stealth in the Walmart parking lot.
It is literally packed with white cargo vans.
No one is fooled.
What have I done?
>>
>>869688
Get a gym membership so you can exercise and shower.

Get a private mailbox (not a P.O. Box) so you have a mailing address. If anyone asks about it just say you have a problem with mail theft at your place.

The other option is to find an RV park that offers monthly rates on a dry site. They'll also have showers and laundry facilities.
>>
>>870112
>denver-colorado

Oh you joker, you.
>>
>>869781
it shoots rebar
>>
>>870112
/out/ really doesnt understand that you can do whatever the fuck you want in the walmart parking lot.
>>
>>870304
Only did walmart because I got here too late to get a national park pass.
Lots of degenerates tbqhwyfam.
Was nice to be able to take a massive dump this morning though.
I need to buy a Porta potty
>>
>>870112
Favorite : skinny white dude and his fat ass wife having a fire outside their rv in a Walmart parking lot in Washington
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.