[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

Just finished season 2. I rooted for the person who won since the talk around the half season mark about what the money was going to. Damn if I didn't shed a tear or two along the way. That win was as deserved as the season one one.

What does /out/ think of Alone? Are there other shows like it with feels and no bullshit? Keep spoilers out in case others haven't watched it.
>>
File: 0of10.jpg (43KB, 495x480px) Image search: [Google]
0of10.jpg
43KB, 495x480px
>>869378
like everything on TV it's completely scripted.
>>
>>869378
meh he was the biggest faggot in the show.
and there were some big faggots so that says something.
he showed zero skills or practical work for the vast majority of the show.
he was stubborn that's got him the win and that the better players quit before him for various faggy reasons.
>>
>>869511
>biggest faggot in the show
The award for that goes to the fucking hipster. You know it, I know it, anyone who's seen the fucking show knows it. You saying otherwise makes me think maybe YOU'RE the hipster.
>>
>>869503
How is it scripted except for them being told in the beginning to not do certain things, like painting faces on rocks and calling them Wilson?
>>
>>869779
it's obviously scripted. none of the people were even alone cause they were being filmed by camera people the whole time, given em food and whatnot too I bet behind the scenes. it's faker than a pile of bad pudding.
>>
this guy >>870049 OWNED this guy >>869779
GOT OWNED
OWNED
W
N
E
D
>>
show wasn't fair, they didn't all start in the same place
>>
>>870067
exactly
>>
>>870049
but there are no camera people.
>>
>>870123
>Expecting a handful of mountain men with GoPros, who've never been to film school, to be able to capture stable footage with beautiful composition.

I'll bet you believe ISIS makes their own videos, too.
Amamurbarak Al Ahmehjinidad just starts fucking shooting an execution and his gun-toting buddy is behind him conducting an orchestra.
>>
>>870049
Are you clinically retarded?

The contestants film everything themselves. You often hear them bitch about lugging around 45lb of camera equipment.
>>
Is this show good?
>>
Lmao when that guy got attacked by the cougar I couldn't stop laughing what a dumbass
>>
>>870144
I think it is and I hate reality TV (like naked and afraid type stuff)
>>
>>870151
Nothing like that ever even happened, cumbrain
>>
can't believe they let girls on in the second season. what were they expecting? of course the girls got owned.
>>
>>870067

Nothing in life is fair. Sooner you grow up and realize that, the sooner you will stop being a whining faggot
>>
>>871055
never mind the girls, how about that black guy who gave up immediately lmao

I was looking forward to some ghetto happenings in the woods
>>
>>870133
in season 2, they actually show these mountain men getting a class on how to set up the cameras.

wow, its almost like your judging the content of something you know nothing about.
>>
>>871110
you're*
>>
>>870133
you know what, i'll educate you so you don't continue to embarrass yourself with continued assumptions expressed as fact...

the show is a mixture of GoPro, people talking into cameras,(there is a mirror on the camera so they can position themselves) stock film of the area, and stock aerial film of the area. (im sure that last one is achieved by helicopter and not by asking contestants to flap their arms...)

they get visited by medical teams towards the end of the show as the contestants edge closer to starvation, but are otherwise alone.
>>
>>871122
is they show scripted for a winner? maybe. but its pretty alarming to watch a man drop 60 pounds in 2 months because he isn't as good at catching food as he thought he would be.

i found the starvation the most compelling piece of evidence for realism, and ill stick by that until you can prove the show is fake.
>>
>>869566
the guy who built the boat? that guy was a genius. hands down smartest guy on the show
>>
>>869566
which hipster the paki or the spainard?
>>
why didn't anyone try making a giant spear with a stick and killing black bears for meat and fur? A single bear has to have a ton of meat on it.
>>
they probably search the shit you bring before hand but if i were on the show i'd deff shove some extra tools up my pooper
>>
>>871138
are you joking? i hated that bitch
>>
Show sucked.
>>
Where is season 3?
>>
>>871126
60 lbs in 2 months? thats a 3000 calorie deficit every day. unless he was sprinting and also not eating I call bs.
>>
>>873120
the cold might have to do with it... shivering is a calorie killer.
>>
>>873120
>sprinting and also not eating to defecit 3000 calories

average male needs about 2600 calories to break even

seems pretty reasonable calorie deficit to run if you're outside for 2 months straight and not eating too good, especially in that climate.

do you even math
>>
Never seen the show, but I already know I can survive much easier than these guys. Get a camera in front of 95% of people and they'll suddenly loose all capacity to do anything right. Me? I'll kill the camera guy for food, use the sound guy as a raft, and burn the audio guy as a signal flare.
>>
>>873887
60% of your time goes with managing the cameras you only work for 1/3 man in these shoes. ask les stroud!
>>
>>873887
They don't get a camera men or sound guys with them. The solitude is most of the point of the show.
>>
juststarted season 1

i definitely wasnt expected so many to get spooped out by bears
>>
>>874194
question about the bear spoops,

to me it didn't seem like they were in much danger, were they right to tap out with the bear crunching around their tents?

feel like it mightve been sufficient to move campsite if the bear seems that comfortable ?
>>
>>869378
didnt watch season 2 but what i saw of season 1 pissed me off, dude that was building the cabin had the right idea tell he bitched out half way through making it. Thought none of them made sense with there camp setups at all. Island covered with bears and cougars but no one set up defensive traps. would have set up pungi sticks and pitfalls with spikes at the bottom everywhere surrounding me and any other booby trap i could think of. would have got me some bear pelts for extra warmth.
>>
>>874501
also why did none of them make spears right off the bat, think either they wheren't aloud to defend them selves or where all just candyass roodypoos
>>
>>874503
>also why did none of them make spears right off the bat
some did clumsy spears but the truth is you can't really hunt with them there, and for defense if you fart is more effective.
>>
>>874501
>Island covered with bears and cougars but no one set up defensive traps.
because these animals keep the fuck away from humans (and especially fires) usually. there is no need.
>>
>>871138
>>871173
The paki.
>Muh sweat lodge for to let me think, yup I'm going home.
>Many thanks to the woodland spirits for showing me that I'm a colossal pussy.
>>
It was a fun show. It wasn't as bad as episode 1 (with a clear front runner from the get go) but once glasses man hit his stride fishing I knew he was going to win.
>be strong woman
>luck out being right by Salmon run
>eat Salmon almost everyday
>Salmon season ends
>quit two days later
Saw this shit coming a mile away made me laugh.
>>
>>869378
best part of this season was watching all the retarded reasons people had for pussying out. that faggot who "lost" his firesteel and just gave up looking for it ("it burned up") and the policeman who was afraid of the dark. they should change locations each season because this time everyone had the same equipment and solutions. also americans are such massive cryhard ego faggots, spanish dude was the only one i would bum a cigarette to
>>
Is this on any of the streaming services?
>>
>>869503
Alone is not scripted. I know Joe Robinet from season 1. He also has a YouTube channel. Should look him up.
>>
>>871066
It did.
The black guy gave up on fending for himself completely and immediately, choosing instead to go back to a place where his existence is catered to by the rest of society.
That's about as ghetto as it gets.
>>
>>876739
José had the best fucking voice of a reality star, ever.
>>
>>873120
>the average male needs 2000 calories in per day to break even for just existing
>exercise requires more calories on top of that
Yes, not eating while /out/ can in fact make you really skinny in a hurry.
So yes.
>>
>>876698
what made me scream incoherently is how she let that salmon go instead of smoking it and stockpiling for later when she had abundance.
>>
File: 1463608955133.jpg (297KB, 662x604px) Image search: [Google]
1463608955133.jpg
297KB, 662x604px
>>876698
>be strong woman
>luck out being right by Salmon run
>eat Salmon almost everyday
I stopped watching at that point because of how ridiculously big of an advantage she was handed right from the beginning. I was cheering for Jesus first and radical Larry second. glad to see the final three guys, they were all great and they all deserved the money.
>>
>>869378
i have to say that i felt a feel when the second guy cried about doing his job for 15 more years while only waiting for weekend. i'm working towards early retirement myself. not sure it works out.

>>869511
Actually he had the balls to get it done, despite getting old.

>>870144
Yeah, entertaining.

>>871055
Actually they did good. fat one owned a mother bear with cups, axe girl had a good start, MS girl almost made it.

>>871066
Yes, that negro, large mouth, but no substance.

>>871126
you can see burger king paper in the fire at season 3.

But serious, i agree, starving is hard.

>>871180
immense risk, and how do you keep the meat edible?
>>
>>877524
Nature is racist and shit, yo. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.