[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camping Food Thread: Winter Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: download (1).jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12KB, 275x183px
Haven't seen a food thread in a while.

Going camping in Colorado in December.

What are some good, easy to prep meals when /out/ in the snow?

Ready to eat meals, just add water meals, or something I can cook with a pocket stove. Anything really.
>>
>>869008
Ramen noodles, without the flavor packet, with a plethora of dehydrated vegetables and meat you can make 100s of recipes. That way you can add your own spices and sauces. You can make anything from spaghetti to mac-n-cheese with plain ramen noodles.

You can also use a thermal cooker to save on fuel, but you'll need to carry a little extra weight, but it can double as a container to pack stuff in, depending on how and what you make it from. It can literally just be some clothing, sleeping bag, or towels you wrap up your covered cook pot with. Once you bring the soup/stew to a boil, you shove into that insulation and time it. When the cooking time is over, take it out and eat, or reheat to a boil if it still needs more time. You save massive amounts of fuel that way.
>>
>>869008
>Colorado in December
Shit anon, you can bring stuff that needs to be kept cold and not even deal with a cooler. No need for ready to eat food! Sausage and eggs, hot coffee, falling snow....so comfy. I can't wait for snow!
>>
One of my favorite camp dishes is a variation on plain ol' Bisquick pancakes. The trick is to add blueberry muffin mix into the pancake batter. Trust me, they're the best goddamn pancakes you'll ever have on a camping trip.
>>
>>869008
Hiking or car camping?

Because I have a dutch oven and I'm not afraid to use it.

If you're taking a cooler you can just freeze your favorite dishes and use them as ice packs. Freeze portion sized and wrapped in nothing but foil (pre freeze wet dishes in container), then bag that so you can defrost them by the fire without melting any plastics. You can freeze concentrated soup for more space/less frozen water. Bring a metal bowl or dish so defrosting doesn't occupy your pot.
>>
>>869014
>Ramen noodles, without the flavor packet
Why not just buy plain ramen noodles then?
>>
Not op but I'm looking for the best place to buy ready to eat meals, or just add water meals in bulk with a long shelf life.
>>
>>870052

>Why not just buy plain ramen noodles then?

Go for it if you want to pay three times more
>>
Powdered mashed potatoes, jerky, pickles

>>870187
www.prepper-victim.ru

>>869014
Enjoy your diarrhea. The noodles in ramen are pretty close to food, but they're not.
>>
>>870246
Hey man, I lived on jolt and ramen for a while in my teens.

>>870187 #
Getcha a dehydrator. A good one, stainless not plastic, with manual temp control and a fan. Start making meals and drying them out. Use a vacuum sealer. Remember to throw oxygen absorbers and moisture absorbers in your Mylar bags with the food, and get good ones -- not all Mylar bags are the same. Do your research, and you'll save big in the long run. Google is your friend.
>>
File: IMG_20160629_183030.jpg (872KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160629_183030.jpg
872KB, 2048x1536px
>>870303
> teen angst
> self-abuse
> growing up

Ah, the circle...
>>
>>870246
>Enjoy your diarrhea. The noodles in ramen are pretty close to food, but they're not.

You missed the part about tossing the flavor packet and adding veggies and stuff to make other things right? If you are getting diarrhea from ramen you are doing something wrong. It is just a noodle/pasta base you build on. You DON'T just eat only ramen noodles that is retarded.

>>870052
That is exactly what the post states, and exactly what you highlighted. What spectrum are you, kid?
>>
Got a trip coming up. 3 days in the winter. I plan on having leak soup for breakfast to warm me up and get me full. Might have something small for lunch but for dinner, I plan on having steak strips with rice and maybe some chicken on the side. This isn't counting the community stew.
>>
>>870239
In Canada you can buy rooster noodles which is basically like 8 ramen noodles stacked in a package for 50 cents.
>>
>>870246
How the fuck do you figure they aren't food dumbass.
>>
>>871540
Udon Noodles are where it's at. Those noodle are thick as fuck.
>>
>>869008
Beans and rice with tortillas
Rice and veggies with canned chicken
Cous Cous with veggies.
Oatmeal, cream of wheat, pancakes.
Hash browns and mashed potatoes.
All can be made by adding boiling water and cost little to put together in ziplock bags.
I bring spices, and a bit of dehydrated milk for the stuff that needs it (breakfast, coffee, etc.)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.