[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-hunt rituals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2329.jpg (609KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2329.jpg
609KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /out/

Do you have any rituals for after you kill an animal? None of that /x/ bullshit but a little saying or a moment.

I usually mutter the whole ashes to ashes thing and have a moment to appreciate it all.

I'm not religious but the saying makes sense to me. I've tried looking for native/aboriginal saying for animals but haven't found anything, so if anyone knows any, I'd love to hear them.
What about you /out/? Lets share.
>>
>>868670
I drink the blood, devour the meat and wear the skin on my body.
>>
I just smear blood on my face and go hang out at circle-k and stare hard at people.

> mfw they just look away
>>
File: 1468432875827.jpg (186KB, 534x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1468432875827.jpg
186KB, 534x1236px
>>868670
>I'm not religious but I've tried looking for native sayings.

Get the fuck out.

Thank the animal for contributing to your life, as that is life. For one to live, another must die. Realize that when you die, your soul will return from whence you came, and so will your body render itself down to feed other things. Ashes to ashes is actually a very fitting idea to ruminate on.

Trying to wreathe this in psuedo-spiritual native bullshit is insulting to natives and to yourself. Your ancestors' experiences are as valid as theirs. Don't patronize other peoples just because modern society still clings to the noble savage we wuz shaymans and shieet narative.

Just realize that the animal gave itself so you can continue living, and make you stronger. That's all it takes to "honor" them.

When I kill an animal or have a good day of fishing, (after the elation of success wears off) I just take a moment to be thankful for what I've received.

-t Oklahoman who grew up just off the rez pro
>>
>>868717
Are you a skinwalker
>>
When I catch females I bury the womb where I do the kill and have a moment of silence. Two reasons:
1. The womb represent all the offspring that never get born and won't contribute to replenish the population.
2. My first kill was a female with a baby. I remind myself that I should never make that mistake again.
>>
>>868717
Cool. Definitiely apologize for coming off brash and appropriative. My grandfather was a Mi'kmaq Aboriginal and unfortunately I never got to meet him before he died. My father grew up in a a household that adopted white culture and was not old enough to ask his father about his own culture before he passed.

I agree with the ashes to ashes stuff! Very fitting. Will stick to that for now.
>>
File: eucalize_legalyptus.jpg (174KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
eucalize_legalyptus.jpg
174KB, 640x480px
>>868717
>your soul

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>868717

What kind of listerine pairs well with deer?
>>
I just do a simple cross, say something along the lines of 'may he/she Be blessed by the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and may s/he find peace in God's kingdom' and then thank Saint Francis (my favorite saint) for his generosity, and ask him forgiveness for killing his creature/s.

I know a lot of prayers asking for good hunts, which I never use because worst case scenario I can buy my food. And there's a lot of giving thanks prayers to the animal as a dinner prayer, but I don't know of any prayers after the kill, which I think would be the most crucial time for a prayer.

>>868733
That's very upsetting. Cool ritual though
>>
No.

The most I might say on a rare occasion is "thanks buddy."
>>
>>869076
This wtf are you retards thinking saying some shit about the animal you killed doesn't do anything and is fuckin stupid
>>
>gamebirds/waterfowl
might hand-straighten their feathers, admire the plumage/coloring, and add them to my game vest
>varmits/predators
make sure they're dead (yell "hey"), poke the eye with my gun barrel or stubble, brush off dirt from the fur, carry them off
>big game
make sure they're dead, poke eye, tag when applicable, photo op, field dress

there's no need to do some showy ritual, that animal is dead and i'm just wasting daylight by doing some chant or motion
>>
>>868755
Autism.
>>
I thank the old gods of Europe (sometimes I call them with their Greek names and sometimes with the Nordic ones) and I wear the skin of the animal I killed
>>
>>870871
Post pics
>>
File: byebyebison.jpg (428KB, 1600x1251px) Image search: [Google]
byebyebison.jpg
428KB, 1600x1251px
>>868670
i do ritual when i process the animal. its weird but for me the actual death isnt like the part when i start cutting it, actually physically dismantling what nature has done until there is no semblance of the former splendor.
thats when it gets real for me so I silently pause. regard it as a great creature and revere it as as indispensible ally. thank nature. then i start slicing.

pic related in the sense that it illustrates the opposite of my ritual
>>
I cut out the uterus and fuck it. Feels good mang, especially when still warm.

Who needs a fleshlight when you've got whitetail pussy.
>>
My ritual is cracking a case of Busch heavy, tossing on some tunes, and butchering like its nobodies business, 'cause it really isn't
>>
>>868670
Don't be some tryhard faggot who learns some Indian saying for when he kills an animal.
You've killed an animal, that's nature. The animal isn't "giving" you anything, you're taking it. I'll take a moment to appreciate the opportunity I've been gifted with, I'll wish the animals a nice rest now that their lives are over. Don't follow the noble savage bullshit, they were no different than any other savage at their respective points in history.
>>
>>871462
To add onto this, I generally admire the animal. I look them over, take the time to learn about it. Look for any imperfections, look at the beautiful colors etc.
>>
Nope. Just another dead thing that happened to be alive on the lukewarm rind of a rocky planet whizzing through a universe of mostly nothing. There is no meaning to anything. You're wilfully deluding yourself if you think saying some pseudo profound bullshit is going to change this.
>>
>>868670
For the most part the whole native saying/blessing thing is modern bullshit.

Yes they used most to all of they animal but that's because they had too to live.

Yes they had songs and dances after big kills but thats just like god old boys having a BBQ.

Yes they didn't go around killing more than they needed but that because it was hard dangerous work.

Hey where people that had a hard life living off of what they could find or kill. They where happy when they got enough to get them to another day and keep the tribe alive.

If you want to show respect for your kill then do what I do. Follow your local hunting and fishing regulations and report poachers. Don't waste your kills and catches and don't destroy the environment.
>>
>>868670
i just give it a little pat and a nod. Sometimes just look at it for a minute or so.

In a weird way its as if laying where it fell, its a dead animal, but as soon as you rope it up and throw it over your shoulder its just meat.

Interesting transition.
>>
I haven't killed anything yet (new Hunter) but I have a whole ritual planed:

1. Take blood and make bear paw on carcus
2. Thank Ursa Major for the hunt
3. Do a little dance, make a little love, GET DOWN TONIGHT.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.