[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 91

File: 1475457850482.jpg (224KB, 1000x661px) Image search: [Google]
1475457850482.jpg
224KB, 1000x661px
#89-"no step on snek" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>866272

Remember to dispose of your snakeheads properly! And by properly I mean kill them and throw it in the nearest bush.
>tfw next weekend I might actually be able to get some fishin' done
I'm sick of dealing with real life responsibilities and problems. I need to get some line wet for more than an hour after work.

Pastebin and Imgur. Thinking about picking up a new hobby? Want to get a memecaster? Haven't mastered the Palomar knot? Click here!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

>if you are frustrated and thinking of quitting because you aren't catching anything...
>jig for bluegill!

Talk about fishin
>>
File: IMG_0162.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0162.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>868262
Here's just a bunch of random UL stuff.

For the soft plastics as well as small jigheads and underspins, Bass Pro doesn't keep them by the rest of the larger stuff like you would expect. There is a seperate aisle with all crappie and panfish stuff. Dick's is similar too. So if you are wondering where the <2" grubs are, look for the crappie and panfish section instead of searching through the soft plastic aisle.
>>
How many times do you have to stab a fish after you land it? Sometimes I need to stab large fish up to 7 or 8 times throughout the head and body to get them to stop moving, but I've often seen other people not stab their fish at all.

Is stabbing your catch once you have it in hand something that's just carried over from hunting and it's not necessary for fishing, or is there a number of stabs rule to go by? Everyone in my family stabs fish and game, but it seems that most people have forgotten it's necessary to stop movement.
>>
File: IMG_0934.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0934.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>868358
You can normally bash the head real good and that will put them out. Just remember you may still get a couple twitches even when they are 100% ded. I always try and go right by the back of the brain with sneks and the knoife goes through the spine and everything so they are gone within a second but sometimes there is a random flop a few min later.

I think it happens with basically all animals. Their brain will be disconnected and shut down completely but some random electrical signal still goes through them and can trigger a muscle.
>>
>>868358
I sever the spine just behind the head. That's all.
>>
File: 06FodIM.gif (2MB, 352x217px) Image search: [Google]
06FodIM.gif
2MB, 352x217px
>>868358
Guys this isn't serious.
>>
>>868361
Get a "Ratcheting Tube Cutter Knife" for plastic pipe. Perfect for cutting their heads off.
>>
File: DSCN5786a.jpg (475KB, 1024x2304px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5786a.jpg
475KB, 1024x2304px
>>868343
Damn it Pepsi, make some lures or something.
>>
>>868370
One of these days I'm just going to drop like $300 on a ton of bulk shit from Amazon or eBay. A bunch of trebles, spinners, some model paint or enamel, wire for inlines, the shit to hold the blades, thread and material for flies so I can dress hooks, split rings...

>>868367
That looks dank. I might buy a cheap machete from Walmart or Harbor Freight and keep it in my car so I can chop up sneks. They are just too big to carry around.
>>
>>868378
Keep in mind you can do powder coating in a small toaster oven,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU0AnW_EsAg

Also, those pipe cutters are pretty small and fit in most tackle/tool boxes easily.
>>
>>868401
You underestimate how heavy my tackle bag is already. I used to have a first aid kit in there but had to take it out to make room.
>>
>>868409

Yes we know you have a wide array of useless lures that you will never actually use, never mind catch non dinks on.
>>
File: type-of-trout.jpg (15KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
type-of-trout.jpg
15KB, 242x242px
Post more trout tips and experiences

Personally love wading in water to fish.
>>
>>868298
Thank you, I already have a vise and tools but haven't gotten into materials yet. I'm about to grab various items from netcraft
>>
>>868449
went on a guided fly fishing in colorado recently. was a lot of fun, caught most of them on nymphs with an indicator or free drifting
>>
Does anyone have any experiences with game wardens? Do people just magically look for you to see if you don't have a license?

I'm not asking to get away with it, 35$ for a license + trout stamp is good for me, just curious.
>>
>>868460
the one time I dealt with one they didn't even check my license, they were doing a fisheries survey and just wanted to ask what I had been catching in the area, male or female, etc.
>>
File: 1474341322053.jpg (68KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
1474341322053.jpg
68KB, 528x960px
>>868338
i got a UL baitcaster rod and im also getting a reel off a chink site. i have 30# braid and 6# fluoro. my question is regarding how i should spool the reel. should i put some braid on first and then the fluoro, all fluoro, or something else?
>>
>>868466

>ultralight
>baitcaster
>30 lb braid

For what purpose? This is coming from someone who likes baitcasters.
>>
>>868460
I once had a warden motor on up to me while I was fishing from a boat. Checked my license, asked if I had kept any fish, then motored off. Northern MN lake with no public access, must have gotten onto it from another lake through the stream on it.
>>
>had braid in my mouth trying to practice fg knot again
>stomach feeling a little off now
>hoping there was nothing too bad in the braid from the ponds I fish

I don't even know why I bothered, I've never had an issue with my alberto knots and they are easier to tie.
>>
>>868517
its a setup for fun to try out. 30# braid as like a main line or whatever
>>
>>868542

I use 30lb braid on my MH baitcaster though. 20 pound braid doesn't even cast well on my ML with 1/8 weighted plastic so I don't think you'll be casting very far without a heavy lure.
>>
>>868545
Baitcasters are shit for casting anything under a 1/4 oz really unless you drop the dosh on a high end Shimano

If you're throwing light stuff a spinning reel is the way to go
>>
>>868561

My ML is spinning. 20 pound power pro doesn't cast light stuff on a ML rod far at all. 30 pound will be even worse on an ultra light. Plus baitcaster like you said.
>>
>>868571
Not him but 20# PowerPro is 6# mono equivalent and while braid does tend to stick to itself unlike mono I don't see why there would be much distance loss

This is of importance to me because I mainly throw small plastics on 1/16 or 1/8 slider heads (with 6# mono on a M power rod) and I get decent casting distance now but was thinking about spooling up with 20# braid because I usually fish in some decently heavy covered and haven't been broken off yet by anything other than a snapping turtle but I know if I got a big bass on and he ran me into the lillypads it would be game over
>>
>>868581

Exactly, powerpro isn't very smooth and sticks to itself. I am currently researching a smoother replacement and also downsizing from 20# to 12-15# depending on what I find. If I am fishing serious cover I'll pull out my MH. Not saying you can't get away with 20# power pro I'm just saying that (based on my experience with 20#/ML)casting will likely be dogshit with 30#/UL unless you are throwing 1/4 ounce plus.
>>
>>868584
I always tell people who are going from mono to braid not to go with the exact same diameter. Or if they do, don't expect 30lb braid to cast as well as 8lb mono. But go one step lower (20lb braid from 8lb mono) and they will cast about the same.

>>868434
Gotta have dem chartruese pearl Zoom swimmin super flukes when the fish are hungry for chartruese pearl Zoom swimmin super flukes.
>>
File: image.jpg (952KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
952KB, 3264x2448px
>tfw you get a fully restored original penn spinfisher 700 for 35 bucks
>>
>>868451
Oh good you're half way there then
>>868449
I once accidentally hooked a trout while crappie fishing in a small lake
This is back when it was still being stocked
>>
>>868449

small lake near me is stocked with brookies and they apparently make for very easy ice fishing

i'm just starting to go for brookies, pretty much everyone ive asked said to use light test mono (4-6lbs) and small #0 or #1 mepps/panther martin spinners
>>
>>868460
In Kansas they typically cruise by common fishing spots during holiday weekends when all the amateurs are out and about. Otherwise, I rarely see wardens while fishing, but do run into them frequently on public spots during opening weekend of waterfowl and quail season.
>>
>>868449
What do you want to know
>>
>>868460
They can be down right fucking dicks and do illegal shit like illegal searches and everything. Just like cops only with a bigger stick up there ass since there's no cop cam watching them 24/7.
>>
File: image.jpg (533KB, 1906x2432px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
533KB, 1906x2432px
>>
>>868643
>>868732
Sweet deal anon

I have a Penn 750 and 850 from the late 80s. Not sure how the original compares, but if they're similar at all, you've got yourself one hell of a work horse.
>>
>>868712
I've never had an issue with one and the only search they did was legal (we were packing up just as he was arriving so he had provable cause for us being poachers)
>>
>>868456
What kind of nymphs? Pole weight? When was said trip? Where in Colorado?

Sorry for the myriad of questions, no one else in these threads seems to fly fish except for skid
>>
>>868700
Feels like positioning is important, and I dont think I have the right idea. Also do trout get spooked easily? Should I be away from the water and be casting far?
>>
>>868748
>the only search they did was legal (we were packing up just as he was arriving so he had provable cause for us being poachers)

leo anon here. That's not probable cause. You either inadvertently allowed the search, were victim of an unlawful search, or your state provides for officer to have a look as a provision on the fishing license.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>868449
Caught this guy a week ago on a nymph with a dry fly indicator. Released him
>>
File: pheasant.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pheasant.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>868842
I know I had stopped posting fly fishing information because I have not seen any threads for it specifically

The fishing thread has never been heavy on fly fishing information in the past and I imagine still does not have

I am not the Colorado poster but from from the size of that trout you can probably assume 4wt-6wt depending on how much fight you want

In regards to what they are biting on, probably something like a pheasant tail nymph or similar; I would just match the hatch of the time I plan to fish and for that region (IE. If Mayflies were to spawn in October, I would use Mayflies then; but not in March and expect good results)

Below link is for the indicators likely used but there are many options

I don't know about this store, but that is a decent list of different types of indicators. The pinch on are my favorite as far as results, but I have heard many good things about yarn/New Zealand indicator and will try that on my next /out/ing

http://waterswest.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=20_129

Still cannot believe retarded mods deleted the pipe thread because a handful complained; always disheartening to find so few can negatively impact so many and then enjoy doing so. Although, that is just how it is in life
>>
>>868848
>your state provides for officer to have a look as a provision on the fishing license
Seems like it would probably be more one of those cases. It would suck if you were just tryin to drink a beer and smoke a j and the game warden arrested you on that because of some provision that allows him to search you up and down when you have a rod and reel in your hand.

>and now this hurricane might be comin for us
Welp, probably won't get shit for fishin done within the next week if that happens. I would love to fish in the eye of a storm though. Assuming the wind slows down enough to cast, it would be interesting to see what the super low atmospheric pressures do to the fish.
>>
File: sfcwind_mslp.conus.png (677KB, 1100x850px) Image search: [Google]
sfcwind_mslp.conus.png
677KB, 1100x850px
>>868873
>and now this hurricane might be comin for us
Hold the fuck on, man! The models say it's not fucking around!
>>
>>868891
I'm just hoping it stays east a bit more. I can survive some rain and a couple 45mph gusts. But it has been a long time since FL got one.
>>
>>868844
Walk quietly
If it's clear out it may be worth crouching on shore etc
Positioning is kinda important find where they may be in the river ( deep holes etc) and try to drift your bait upriver down to them
I personally dont flyfish but know guys who do and the theory is usually the same let the bait, fly, or lyre drift down to them instead of casting g right near them

It depends heavily on where you fish desu, I have spots where I prefer fishing from the middle of the river 10 yards upstream of a deep spot and casting directly down river
While I have other spots where I would rather just sit on shore and fan cast

I've been meaning to get to the river recently but just haven't made it a priority

>>868911
Pls send the storm to the Northeast and have it just chill around offshore and dump rain on us for a week

We need it
>>
>>868891
>>868873
Hurricane weather is some of the best fishing of your life.
>>
>>868842
I believe it was a 6 or 7wt. I think they were stonefly nymphs and we used a small indicator. I don't fly fish much, but it went great. My girlfriend got two trout including the biggest of the day (pic related) and I got 7 trout including a PB. The guide took us to Lyons, CO and it was not last weekend but the weekend before. Sept 25th I think.
>>
>>868343
Whats your favorite jig head for those 1in minnows and 1.5in grubs
>>
Well I spent 20 bucks at gander mountain
They had a sale and I wound up with two zonkers, 3x tippit, micro swivels, 6 pink sucker spawn, a splitshot assortment (2g, 3g, 4g and 8g) and easily a dozen soft squishy egg fly tjingies from 4mm to 6mm
>>868848
He checked our fishing licenses and dug through the cooler to make sure the fish were harvested legally
It was lawful
I would have searched us too
>>868870
Post more fly fishing
Tomorrow I'm hitting a private pond for some micro fishing and fly fishing
>>
Hell is being a fly fisherman with the nearest trout 60 miles away
>>
What's your favorite reel brand /out/?
>>
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/10/03/bass-pro-shops-cabelas-acquisition/91459212/

Wew lad, that buys you a lot of lures.
>>
>>869006
Daiwa if I want bang for Buck Penn if I want the desil truck of fishing reels
>>869009
The hype
>>
>>869004
Bro, I live on the california coast and the nearest trout fishery is 6+ hours drive just fuck my shit up
>>
File: 8330.jpg (113KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
8330.jpg
113KB, 1024x681px
Last week it rained for 3 days. I finally got a weekend out of the tractor cab for the first time in a month. Went fishing and didn't catch a goddamn thing. My new reel is smooth as fuck so I've got that going for me at least. $70 marked down to $35.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Gander-Mountain-Vortex-Spinning-Reel-VTS2000&i=786261
>>
>>869019
You fly fish? You have an ocean TEEMING WITH FISH
If it wasn't commiefornia I'd offer a trade
Buy a two hand overhead rod and go get wet
Also how are there no trout for 6 hours, stocked or otherwise?
>>
>>868848
>not probable cause.
You're dumber than you look if you believe a warden doesn't have legal right to have you open your cooler to see your catch.
>>
do you put plastic on spinnerbaits?

ive also seen people place an extra hook on them, what kind is it and why?
>>
>>869034
>open your cooler
Unlawful search with PC or consent unless the law provides for said search as a condition of being licensed which I wouldn't know because I'm not a fish cop and don't give a flying fuck about their job.
>>
>>869040
>Unlawful search with
*without
Goddamn autocorrect.
>>
>>869039

Trailer hook because they are reaction baits and often the bass will short strike.
>>
>>868873
Bruh you gotta get out there right before it hits and you'll catch all dem fishes
>>
>>869040
If you are carrying a rod/reel you are subject to search an you have to produce a license if you have fish or a line in the water. THis is a standard anywhere in the US. Specific details vary by state but the essence is the same across the board.
So yes, search is a condition of license. If you can't produce a license seizure of all equipment is expected.

Sidebar: poachers are the scum of the earth.
>>
>>869048
Plus picture this:
>warden parks
>everyone is fishish except two guys who just threw a cooler in a car and are loading their rods up
>no one else did a thing
Who is most likely to have illegal fish
The guys who are casually fishing or the guys who just happened to start packing uo right when the warden arrived?
There is probable cause right there
With or without cooler search being an extension of lisense checking that search was legal
He had probable cause
Just like if you have a line of people cool and collected and one is nervous and fidgety he is most likely doing something illegal
>>
>>869053
youre mixing up reasonable suspicion with probable cause, but they basically mean the same thing as far as getting searched goes.
>>
>>869023
I surf fish mostly with spinning reels. The area I'm at is mostly very against stocking. I think the local lake reimplemented their stocking this year for the first time in 10 years as a trial but they haven't said if it will be coming back each year. To my knowledge, the closest place to go for some decent trout fishing (especially if you want running water) is the sierras. I'm not shitting on my areas fishing, but it is not the greatest area for fly fishing in general. I'd be game to try it in the surf I guess, but the wind + surf conditions definitely make that hard. There was a small dedicated group of surf fly fisherman around here 5-10 years ago but interest seems to have died down as most of the guys who were into it then were probably 50ish and now they are dead or something. I have a lot of fun surf fishing with my 9ft6 lamiglas light action rod with 10lb braid and a carolina rig. Very relaxing, simple tackle and the surf perch put up a fantastic fight. And having to fight the fish and the surf makes an interesting dynamic
>>
>>869048
Wew lad the lies in all of one post.

Nobody has a reasonable right to know if you got a permit until the line is in the water. They cant stop you walking from ur car or what ever...

Also there is a reasonable expectation of personal property. IE coolers and backpacks.

But if you want to get technical as fuck. Throw a padlock on all your coolers and keep them locked. They cannot search a device that is locked like this without a warrant and if they do anything they find and try to use agaist you in court. Will be thrown right the fuck out. Lol you could have a human head in there. And guess what? The evidence cannot be used!
>>
>>869053
You're pretty stupid most of the time man I wish you would STFU and leave for good this time

It's not probable cause it's not even technically reasonable suspicion

You cannot violate someone's 4th Amendment right because they packed up a cooler
Same as you cannot search someone just because they are visibly nervous
>>
>>869148

He's a young millennial, many think thought crimes should be punishable.
>>
>>869148
>>869156
Game Wardens can search you anytime you're engaged in the activity of fishing. I'm not saying I agree with it, just how it actually is.
>>
>>868870
I don't come here to /out/ much anymore, but I started getting really into fly fishing, so I started coming back because I finally had something to share. Problem is, no one I know in person cares all too much about fly fishing so I can't find anyone to talk to about it and Fly threads die so fast too. So I've started posting here every other day about it. Sucks to hear about the pipe thread though. The board already has so much repeated threads and is so slow, what the fuck is the harm?
Anyway, if you see some fag from utah posting here about his catch of the week, that's me. I do it to see if I can't attract others like me here.
But the pheasant tale assumption sounds about right. I know here it's that and hares ears which has gotten me plenty of luck. Haven't been much of an indicator kind of guy though. Maybe I just suck with them, but they never seem to help me out much.

As far as what I want to accomplish next, I'm trying my best to get a more sizeable trout. Most of what I catch is about Colorado posters size or smaller. So Im considering fly fishing at night. Any tips before I go about it?
Also, I'm considering starting to tie my own flies, know anything about that? (Ie, I want a cheap starter kit, but not to shitty in quality)
>>
>>868967
Right in man, sounds like a good time. You from colorado?
>>
>>869158
Someone who begins to pack up once a game warden arrives is no longer technically in the act of fishing
>>
>>869053
The Supreme Court just ruled that it is ok to run from police when they see you
>>
File: Esox_lucius1.jpg (477KB, 2247x825px) Image search: [Google]
Esox_lucius1.jpg
477KB, 2247x825px
how to catch a pike?
i have a 35g rod and a reel for a pike but i don't know if i should use normal or a breeded vein and where should i find it and how to move the bait?
>>
File: IMG_9874.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9874.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>868973
Those tiny ones in the jar? Gotta go small. I believe they are 1/32oz so like 4lb mono or 10lb braid is the heaviest line you want to run em on. I use 6lb braid if I want to cast them or I can just jig em on 10lb braid.

>>869039
I run trailer baits sometimes. Those Gulp curly tail mullets work well. And the trailer hooks help when fish just bite the end of the skirt. If you fish spinnerbaits, you will get a lot of hits where the bass hit odd parts of the lure.
>>
>>869191
It depends on the state. In Texas a game warden can still stop you and search your cooler (assuming it's not locked like you said) even if you aren't fishing. Like I said, I don't agree with it at all, but that's just what the law is. I don't think any reasonable judge would see you packing up as reasonable suspicion, but that also doesn't mean the law won't fuck with you.
>>
>>869203
Source?
>>
File: 12012141_G.jpg (108KB, 889x889px) Image search: [Google]
12012141_G.jpg
108KB, 889x889px
>>869191
in california they will search your stuff and if suspicion is aroused they will search your car and home. if your cooler is locked its reasonable suspicion and they will request it opened and detain you.

>me and buddy
>pocket fishing in mendocino
>van of koreans pulls up
>wetsuits on carrying banks boards
>4 slide into the water
>2 stay on the rocks
>abalone everywhere.jpeg
>koreans pulling all short abs
>milk crates full of shorts
>koreans stashing abs in bushes
>cant watch them rape this spot anymore
>we walk up the trail to go to another point
>call caltips on my way
>fish some more pockets
>hour later dfw comes rolling up
>we walk down trail
>dfw thinks we are poachers
>laugh about it cuz were legal
>show licenses show catch
>point out koreans van
>point out stash bushes
>another officer shows up
>dfw's confronts koreans
>koreans go all chinky
>no spreak ingrish obicer.jpeg
>officers find ab stash
>arrest all koreans
>we hide by the porta smoking out
>dfw load all koreans in suv
>they leave van
>full of gear
>unlocked
>sift through their shit
>take boards
>take dive gear
>take toolbox
>take backpacks
>buddy finds wallet under drivers seat
>2100 cash
>find phones in packs
>driving home we prank call korean people
>fuck poachers.png

they were on the news a day later, they were a poaching gang. dfw went to their homes and searched. they had freezers full of abs and illegal sturgeon.
mfw: we busted up a poaching ring and stole all their gear. fuck poachers
>>
>>869347
Good shit, man. Let me buy you a beer.
>>
>>869347
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>869165
No, I'm the Cali anon here
>>869077
Had a great trip to Colorado though
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 540x562px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 540x562px
REAL FACTS

if a game warden can find you, you aren't really /out/ and you deserve to have your civil rights violated as punishment for being such a pleb
>>
>>869164
Indicators and nymphs combined make for easier fishing no doubt, if you are having problems with nymphs you can see if you are missing bites with indicators until you can see/hear bites without

Are you fishing a stocked body of water or wild trout? That would be the single most important question since stocked fish usually bite on anything that looks like the food they were fed at their hatchery

Wild trout play the by the traditional rules of match the hatch and usually ignore flies that look like hatchery food like the black plague

Region/time of year/stocked or wild fish are the main factors that I can think of, obviously if the water is too hot or cold that will determine how good the fishing is

Fly fishing at night, I have adapted from using a headlamp on 24/7 (scares fish though not ideal), to using the "night vision" on my headlamp (red light), then tried Loon Outdoors "Bio-Glow" you rub it on your leader and hit it with UV light so it glows in the dark, to eventually just casting and retrieving in the dark no lighting

The latter produced the best results but if you do not know the area you are fishing you could catch a tree or bush more than a fish. The areas I fish at night are the same areas I fish for years in daytime/nighttime so I am quite familiar with what is in my back cast as well as fishing holes

If you are fishing a new spot in at night, I would recommend a headlamp at the least; use it as little as possible and in the lowest setting at that or you can try the glow in the dark leader. Also full moons are ideal for night fishing so that you do not have to use artificial light but still can see the fly line

Not really much to recommend in starter kits for fly tying as most will be under $100 and include a crappy vise. I went that route and bought a Peak Vise with a proper base; comparing this to the vise that came with my starter kit is like comparing a square wheel on a car to a round wheel
>>
>>869450
With that being said, give a budget for fly tying and I will help where I can

I have quite the collection, maybe I will take pictures another day but for almost everything fly tying related I use Jsstockard's website

For literally only hooks, I use Allen's fly fishing website; I have also bought their braided leaders which are life changing but tend to spook some fish

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/
http://www.allenflyfishing.com/

Wooly buggers are the best fly in my opinion to learn with since they are cute lil buggers and are not overly intricate; from there pheasant tail nymphs should be easily done too

If you fish stocked trout waters, you might find Greenie weenie or Pinkie weenie imitate your local hatchery's food; these are easy flies to make they are baby wooly buggers with a beadhead

Probably a fair budget for fly tying without getting garbage would be $100, give or take depending on price of vice

>Vice
>Bobbin
>Bobbin threader
>Whip finisher (can do without tool but helps greatly for learning)
>Scissors (does not have to be fancy any good scissors work, you probably have some already)
>Proper lighting (I have this and it works great, has taken abuse well over the years no sign of wear)

https://www.amazon.com/Ikea-201-696-58-Jansjo-Light-Black/dp/B0055IVM1I/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1475611287&sr=8-10&keywords=flexible+light

Aside from that, you will need hooks (of varying sizes), fly materials, beads (of varying sizes)

I tend to buy in bulk to save since I will use them all eventually, both websites I have linked usually offer 10% at least if you are patient; combine that with bulk discounts that both sites have offered in the past and you can tie flies easily at a fraction of their retail cost and gain the knowledge as well as confidence to make homemade flies with feathers or other materials you may find while /out/
>>
>>869454
>Vice
Vise

By the way, Dr slick is a decent brand for tools; again do not pay 100% retail unless you cannot avoid it

Fishwest.com is another website I bought tools from in the past; they often offered 20% and $ back from each order that you can use to reduce order total

A Vice will be the single most important purchase in any fly tying setup; spend under $50 for a vise now and expect to replace in the future (not a problem just realistic); spend $150~ for a Peak or similar quality vise and likely you will not need another one if you take care of it but that is a bit pricey if you are not sure about pursuing this hobby further
>>
>>869450
>>869454
You should type up a beginner guide for fly fishing and I will put it in the pastebin
>>
>>868658
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/21/494900984/black-men-may-have-cause-to-run-from-police-massachusetts-high-court-says
Looks like it was just the Massachusetts supreme court and it might only apply to black people
>>
File: (you).jpg (79KB, 1000x650px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
79KB, 1000x650px
>>869347
>if your cooler is locked its reasonable suspicion

No, it's not. But given that you're dumb enough to smoke dope in the vicinity of an officer I'm not going to attempt to educate you, that's obviously a lost cause.
>>
>>868732
>>868643

/aesthetic/ as fuck.

Anyone else use old reels? I've met surfcasters that have been using the same reels for over 30 years. Old penn's and mitchell's are fucking tanks.
>>
File: IMG_3032.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3032.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>869531
Funny you mention old Mitchell's. Spent 4 hours last night cleaning and getting copious amounts of sand out this thing I dug out of the garage. It's still wobbly as shit and there has to be something wrong with the bail spring because it doesn't want to stay in one position
>>
File: Capture1.jpg (29KB, 212x568px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.jpg
29KB, 212x568px
>>868358
buy a tuna spike or make your own.
no more mess.
>>
>>869531
i have a mitchell 410 on an old ass st coix i use for light saltwater shit , only can throw up to 2 ounces max ( with any distance) but its prime is probaby 3/4 of an ounce or an ounce
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 1000x1000px
>>869458
Lol when I started tying flies I used one of these. It did not help much.
>>
>>869548
I'd imagine not..looks like the hook would jump out of the clamp the moment you placed any pressure on it with the thread
>>
>>869548
>>869556
I've been tying for years and haven't used a vise. I just use my hand to hold the hook.
>>
>>869556
It would work enough that I could get it started, then I used my hand like >>869582

An actual vise is very nice though
>>
Anons who build lures, any ideas on how to punch uniform holes in beer bottle caps? I want to use them as spoon bodies or inline spinner blades or jigs. pic related
>>
File: IMG_7011.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7011.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>869603
That's trippy. I really need to make these inlines.

Drill, steady hand, and vise? I mean if you can bend them uniformly, it should be easy enough to drill straight through the midfle. Drill press would be GOAT if you have access to one.
>>
>>869603
Just poke a a naul through them
>>
>>869084
You're dumber than fuck...
>>
File: IMG_1014.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1014.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>869534
>old Mitchell's
LOVE!
>>
can i lip a drum

i must know
>>
File: 20160726_160713.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160726_160713.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>869212
They're pretty damn territorial, usually musky techniques work for me.
Cast in towards shore, play some games with em, then stall when you get near the boat.
This or just getting lucky dropping a live bait. I drop young rock bass on a flounder rig of all things and usually have some good luck. Very weedy where I am so I look for open patches if I'm dropping.

You should fish for smallmouth and musky though, and youll probably catch a pike accidentally, and have more fun actually catching fish lol.
Pike are very hit or miss, they tend to separate from each other and you really have to just get lucky with a cast.

They like to sit around structure in weeds and just wait, alot like barracuda.

Also I usually use mono with a good leader, but I think it's up to location.
Except for the leader part lol.
They'll tear that shit up if u dont

I have a handmade top water rig they love, but I think it's just my location that makes em go for it. Very swift currents and good amount of noise. They seem to really go for the skipping along the top, as far as I can tell.

Hope I could help.
>>
File: IMG_0187.png (640KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0187.png
640KB, 640x1136px
Wew lad...
>>
>>869006
Shimano
>>
File: Screenshot_20161005-081707.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161005-081707.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
Recently purchased this. How do you guys think it's going to perform?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291511880611
>>
>>868378
Are you from Miami by any chance?
>>
>>869646
Ye
>>
>>869748
Make sure you use a bait bag otherwise minnows will make off with all your bait. It should be fine, but unless you really need to have something compact, I highly recommend a metal one.
>>
>>869733
I'm scared pepsi, hold me.
All of my fuel stations are out of gas and all the grocery stores have no water already.
>>
>>869824
Yer fucked
>>
File: IMG_20161005_130507.jpg (434KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161005_130507.jpg
434KB, 768x1280px
So I went to a little creek for sone micro fishing/fly fishing
Only spent about 30 minutes but I had fun, jumping between a #14 sno cone, #14 prince nymph, and #16 pheasant tail
I regret not bringing size 20 pheasant tails
Pic related
>tl;dr did somebody say dink posting?
>>
>>869603
Wire brad (finishing nail) a little thicker than your wire
Line it up and give a good tap with a hammer

Oh be sure to put a steel BB or twk in the body because otherwise your lure will weigh nothing
It will also add a subtle rattle
>>
>>869812
I will make sure to get one, I guess any mesh bag will work good. Thanks for the advice bro, I appreciate that.

You think I could catch big fish with this one?

Also where do I get the solid metal ones? I don't mind having two.
>>
>>869849
LMB dink caught on a rooster tail bigger than the fish
>>
File: dink.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
dink.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>869849
>>869872
>>
>>869873
bluegill dink caught on a sz10 Scud hook loaded with a chunk of nightcrawler. 6lb spider wire camo braid, ultralite ugly stik, and a shimano sedona 1000 for gear
>>
I just moved to California. Can someone explain regulations for ocean fishing to me?
I've never ocean fished before either, how different is it from lake and river fishing?
>>
>>869876
>Regulations
Sounds like something you can google.

Fishing the ocean is not that different. The rod you use for bass can throw lures for striper/halibut/lingcod/bay bass/whatever else. A medium-heavy rod with 40+lb braid will bring in leopard sharks, bat rays, guitarfish.

If you fish off a pier, get a crab ring so that if you hook something big, you can pull it up without breaking off. If you told me what part of the state I could give you more specific advice.
>>
File: IMG_20161005_131929.jpg (428KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161005_131929.jpg
428KB, 768x1280px
>>869875
This was the average fish i was catching
>>
>>869886
Not the anon you replied to, but how are you rigging the MH setup? Do you need wire for leopard sharks? I have a medium heavy 11ft rod I got for a dunk rig but i haven't used it since I don't have my second rod stamp. Do you just use a fish finder rig?
>>
>>869887
What do you do with these small things?
>>
>>869904
Catch, photo, release. It's pretty fun. Smaller fish are aggressive, can't pass up a meal I guess
>>
File: Ca1pture.jpg (81KB, 1208x169px) Image search: [Google]
Ca1pture.jpg
81KB, 1208x169px
>>869509
>>869509
>i'm smart blah blah blah
>mendocino
>smoking dope
>2016

>we were smoking cigs
fucking salty retards on this gay anime site...
officers dont do shit here if youre smoking weed. people do it all over mendo. they dont give a fuck. a cliff on the side of the pacific ocean isnt secluded enough to smoke whatever you want? fuck off with your faggy judgemental bullshit.

Ive seen numerous people trying the 'lock my stuff up' routine be it car or coolers. perps are mainly russians during sturgeon season. If suspect the dfw will detain you and because the evidence could easily be tossed theyll wait you out until dogs come. Ive seen plenty of poachers try to pull this shit and it doesnt work, youll be that faggot sitting in the parking lot. theyll do a terry stop on you, check your tags, frisk you and look through all your shit. iirc they called it an inventory search. theyll do the same to you if youre hunting. check your gun case and ammo cases even if theyre locked. you can try to exercise your constitutional rights and wait around all damned day until k9 shows up, but who really has time for that? oh yeah you do..
save your education for someone that has the time. I dont poach. I dont need to hide anything from dfw officers.
>>
>>869886
I'm in the san diego area.
>>
File: ok.gif (915KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
ok.gif
915KB, 245x285px
>>869932

That's a specific statute under your state law. Do note the phrase "which they have reason to believe contain evidence of a violation of law or rules adopted to this title" within the statute you posted. Those rules adopted to this particular law may stipulate that a locked container of a fisherman is reasonable suspicion or they may default to constitutional law. The missing section is the key to knowing a lawful search from an unlawful search. This is different, just like I said the first time.
>>869040
>unless the law provides for said search as a condition of being licensed

You said
>>869347
>in california they will search your stuff and if suspicion is aroused they will search your car and home

So my locked cooler completely negates my protection under the 4th Amendment in your world. The police can simply go through my curtilage, over the fenced in yard, past the no trespassing signs, break off the lock, and search my sugar bowl for a stolen TV because they're suspicious? No probable cause is needed in your area? Here's some light reading: https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fourth_amendment

>officers dont do shit here if youre smoking weed.
pic related
>>
>>869913
Ah I get you man, and it must be easy I assume as well.
>>
>>869969
Purchasing a fishing license voids all protection you have from police searched the moment you pick up a rod or a hunting rifle.

If you had actually read the agreement before buying one you would know this.
>>
>>869887
>broadstripe shiner

Make sure you are using ultra ultra light gear and 1lbs line.

>>869904
Baitfish
>>
>>869970
When you gear up correctly you end up catching a lot of fish. I bring micro fishing gear with me whenever I fish because it increases the number of different species I see and keeps me from getting skunked
>>
>>869973
What rod and reel do you use, I only have an ultra light rod is ultra ultra light a thing?
>>
>>869971
>Purchasing a fishing license voids all protection you have from police searched the moment you pick up a rod or a hunting rifle.
>voids all protection you have from police searched
>all protection

That's a gross overstatement and I can't believe you'd believe this. If you want to believe 9th grade fallacies you go right ahead. I've only been a cop for 10 years so what do I know? I'm done trying to talk sense into you.
>>
>>869977
Cool. Are you a game warden?
Game wardens can even enter your home without a warrant if there is any suspicion of a violation.

I highly doubt you're a cop, otherwise you wouldn't (probably) be preaching bullshit like this.

Wardens can demand to see your license and search your cooler/vehicle at any time if you're hunting or fishing.
>>
My mates say it looks like Im enjoying myself too much when I make a fist and punch my catch in the back of the head. Its honestly one of my favourite feelings in the world, and probably the best way to kill fish.
>>
>>869450
Yeah, I'll have to try indicators out. I've tried using large terrestrial or dry flies like hoppers or stimulators as indicators, but they've never really helped much. I think I just need practice though. My guess is I'm just not used to seeing what an indicator is supposed to do when I get a bite (as dumb as that sounds).
And I fish on a river with some stocked fish and some natural trout. I target mainly the natural population, seeing as they don't seem to bite on much else besides what's hatching.
But yeah, like I said, I've never had problems nymph fishing. I always get a violent tug from my line when I do get a bite.
As for the fishing at night, I'll keep all that in mind. I'll probably get another head lamp then with a night vision setting or just start going out in full moons. Do fish tend to be bigger at night? It's what I've been told and is why I'm considering going out then.

And thanks a ton on the fly tying info. I was about to go full retard and get myself a cheap kit for 50$. In due time I'll save up for a better one then.
>>
>>869450
what do you think of the Griffin Vise Superior 2A Fine Point Vise
>>
>>869454
>>869458
Screenshots taken of all your posts.
Really does help all this. I probably won't be tying flies for another year at least due to finances, but I'd really like to get into it. Fly fishing has been my most favorite thing I've picked up in a while and I don't plan on slowing down.
Again, thanks for the info
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>869750
Da Broward

>>869824
Kek, you fucked up. I was delivering water all day today and that shit was gone before you knew it. I got gas Monday, got a bunch of food Tues, just finished putting the shutters up, and got all the shit out of the yard.

Tomorrow I just have to put the panels on one back glass door and stick the trash cans in the garage and I hope it will be ok. This will be my first hurricane since moving here.

Still gotta see how much this generator can handle and how fast it goes through gas. It would be nice to run this little AC unit along with my fridge so I can cool down a bedroom and the fridge every couple hours.
>>
>>869904
Take a pic and let it go
>>869973
8x tippit
Its 0.03 inches thick
Human hair is 0.025 inches thick for a size reference and it has a 1.7 pound breaking strength
I'm going to go back tomorrow with some size 20 pheasant tails and a size 22 midge emerger
>>869975
I was using a 4 weight fly rod, its easier to cast the tiny rigs used in micro fishing but an ultralight can work but one of those cheap 13 foot telescopic poles from Walmart is nice too
>>
>>869973
>>869974
>>870068
Must be fun though, and easy to catch.

>>870014
I am in Hialeah brah.
>>
>>869856
>You think I could catch big fish with this one?

Sometimes, but they usually get out.

>Also where do I get the solid metal ones?

Just google "minnow trap" or just "_____ trap" fill in the blank. There's tons of results and you'll be able to figure out where to go from there if you need them locally.

>>869975
Make it yourself out of plastic-coated paper clips and a new willow branch.
>>
File: IMG_20161005_130246.jpg (408KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161005_130246.jpg
408KB, 768x1280px
>>870075
Yeah its fun
I would have been using a pole today but I lost mine some months ago
It fell out of my pack and I never recovered it
So flyfishing it was today
Pick up some size 16-30 fly hooks and bait them either with 1/2 to 1/4 of a gulp maggot or a whole live maggot, put it under a flyfishing indicator with a tiny solitshot and have a ball
>>
File: trailer.jpg (82KB, 960x854px) Image search: [Google]
trailer.jpg
82KB, 960x854px
>>869898
you don't need a the second rod stamp for ocean. that's for lakes

>>869969
you again?? you're still wrong dumbass. they will cut off your locks, seen it happen plenty of times. they will search your car. they will come to your house and search it as well. They are not the same as your regular police officers and they have different laws when it comes to warrant less searches. Its to prevent poachers or idiots that put locks on coolers like they're hiding something..which is constitutes reasonable suspicion to a game warden.

smoke more "dope" derp.

>>869941
you need a license if you're over 15. on "public" piers and some jetties you don't need a license. 2 rod limit on piers no rod unattended. on the beaches there is no limit and you can fish as many rods as you can handle but you cant leave any unattended.
basic bass styled freshwater rods will work for perch, macs, bonefish, bonita, sandy bass, spotties and calicos and most others. long rods, large capacity reels & heavy line is common for sharks and mudmarlin. a live mac is the best bait for makos and threshers. If you ever hook a great white cut your line or you'll get a ticket. if you give specifics on what area in sd you're planning, i can tell you a few spots.
>>
>>869898
Yeah I use 40lb braid (but there's no reason not to go higher given the weight you are throwing), 30lb mono, sinker on one of those plastic sliders, barrel swivel, 24" leader, 4/0 octopus hook, and a chunk of jacksmelt. My rod is an 8.5foot ugly stick baitcast rod and I put a conventional reel on it. Your rod sounds great for this type of fishing.
>>
File: IMG_4668.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4668.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Got another video up. First rain happened, bass fishing on the river is going to be shite in a month or less. Better get ready to target steelhead.

https://youtu.be/ahSKLh-ni_c
>>
I've mostly bass fished this year, but tomorrow I'm catfishing on a 3, way swivel. I'm using live creel chubs. How do I keep it from getting snagged. Also any catfish pointers? Im targeting flatheads.
>>
Next two days hurricane fishing!
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 311x865px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 311x865px
Caught this interesting bass today

His color was brown along the top as opposed to the typical dark green and he had huge eyes much bigger than any I've ever seen on a bass including ones that were much larger

Interesting how different bodies of water so close to one another can produce unique coloration and traits
>>
yo what rings should i get from ebay for making my lures? the number threes?
>>
>>870170
Yeah sometimes different lakes and ponds will make fish have different size eyes for some reason. Only reason I know that is because the lake down the road from me is known for having big eyed small mouth. Not sure why though
>>
File: 1472392640537.jpg (109KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1472392640537.jpg
109KB, 720x540px
>>869347
>Tfw justice
>>
How do fish migrate and thrive so easily in some areas where it seems like there is hardly any water? Especially with some dams, natural and man made?
>>
>>870282
As long as there is food. They good.
>>
File: IMG_0192.png (191KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0192.png
191KB, 640x1136px
>>870122
Really?
>>
>>870289
>>870122
https://weather.com/sports-recreation/fishing/news/fishing-barometer-20120328

Storm fishing is best fishing.
>>
File: IMG_0193.png (167KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0193.png
167KB, 640x1136px
>>870291
Except for the 80mph+ winds...
>>
>>870294
Don't be a pussy peps
>>
>>870295
I think those are sustained winds too, not even gusts
>>
>>870297
Just use a drop shot with a 5oz weight. Nothing can go wrong.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (9KB, 156x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
9KB, 156x300px
>>870294
>>870305
That is what 24oz bank sinkers are for.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>870358
>>870305
I'll stick a couple of pic related on the Okuma 25 with 10lb braid
>>
>>870361
you haven't got flooded yet? post a pic of what things look like outside.
>>
I'm about to hit that creek again with smaller flies
Wish me luck
>870361
Pic related
>>
>>870369
>>870361
Fucking 20 dollar shit phone
Take 2
>>
File: IMG_0205.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0205.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>870365
Nah. We haven't even gotten much rain yet. Maybe like 20mph-30mph winds and we aren't going to get the storm surge nearly as bad as further north. I'm glad about that because if you can see the street that ends just on the right of the pic, there is a canal right there that leads to the Intercoastal.

I was out here earlier and there were some dark clouds coming from the north and passed just west.

>>870370
Fuck snow and cold winters. I'll take it. Last night I was just chilling outside and it was so nice with the wind.
>>
File: IMG_0206.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0206.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>870365
>>870371
And this is east over the ocean
>>
File: IMG_0207.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0207.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>870365
Oh, and everybody has their shutters up except these two houses. I think the one house, the people live up north most of the year and are snowbirds so they will have fun.

And fuckin next door neighbor has this basketball hoop out still. I'm gonna be pissed when the thing ends up crashing into my car.
>>
>>870375
>basketball hoop isn't stowed in a garage

If I lived there I'd make sure the neighbors had their soon-to-be-flying shit stowed away properly.
>>
File: IMG_0210.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>870377
Yeah it's some neighbor lady who pulls her jeep right into the garage at the end of the day and is never outside. If it starts moving around, I'm going to run out there and drag the thing right up to her front door.

Doge is checkin it all out.
>>
File: IMG_0197.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0197.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>870377
And I'm still waiting til the last minute to pull the grill in from outside but I kinda want to leave it out there. We have a big screened in porch and it is on the south side of the house. The wind is coming from the north so there is like no wind coming through there. There is a heavy iron table and I just flipped the thing upside down. Those glass doors are the one I haven't put panels on but I should probably do it soon.
>>
>>870381
when is the hurricane supposed to hit? this doesn't look exciting at all.
>>
File: photo.jpg (34KB, 640x442px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
34KB, 640x442px
>>870381
what do the shutters do? is it so the windows dont break? are they made of metal? are shutter common on most houses there?
>>
File: Wpark.jpg (1MB, 3220x2130px) Image search: [Google]
Wpark.jpg
1MB, 3220x2130px
>>870371
>Fuck snow and cold winters

but thats the best part
>>
>>870279
Eye size is usually depth based, i.e deeper lakes = bigger eyes.
>inb4 no depth makes them white
>>
>>870387
that doesn't really fit with the lake that im talking about though. The great lakes are hundreds of feet deep and they have normal sized eyes. The lake next to me is only a max depth of 50 feet with an average of around 20.

and yeah obviously depth doesn't make them white. Their color is dependent whether they sit under the sun or not
>>
File: IMG_0214.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0214.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>870383
The worst for my area is supposed to be late tonight, like midnight.

>>870385
Keeps shit from breaking every window on the house. There are different types. My old house had these big awning type things you just fold down and they stay up all year round. Other housed have accordian style ones that you slide closed and lock. This house has these panels that are probably 14" wide and you put them all together and they bolt up to little tracks on the windows.
>>
File: IMG_0215.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0215.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>870385
And yeah, every house in FL should have some sort of shutter. Almost everybody has them up today except for a couple houses (and like I mentioned I think the one house without shutters, the people live in the NE most of the year). If you come to the beach, especially in the summer, you can look at condo buildings when the snowbirds are up north and like half the windows will have the shutters closed.

Some people have impact windows too. I don't think it's cheap to have those put on your house. But even with those windows, I bet some of them put up shutters with Cat 4+ storms if they are going to hit directly.
>>
RIP Pepsi press F to pay respects.

F
>>
>>870416
make sure to take pics then. i want to see nearly horizontal palm trees.
>>
>>870416
Take lots of before images so you can give them to your insurance company if anything bad happens.

Before/after pics save a shitload of hassle. You can also email the before pics to your insurance company's rep just so they have it on file and up to date ASAP.
>>
>>868358
I prefer to keep my fish alive in a bucket until I get to the cleaning station, then my first cut is on the spinal cord just above the gills. that is how I wss taught to do it, keeps it fresher longer supposedly. and you dont have to waste good ice and icechest room on slimy dead whole fish.

but alternately, stabbing them in the head with an ice pick or bashing them in the head with a rock will kill them.

and if you reallt finish off game by stabing it you are one hardcore motherfucker. if I find a deer and he is still breathing, I just shoot it again.
>>
>>868712
in texas game wardens can legally search anything. they have the most rights of any cop anywhere.

that neing said, most of them are ok. just ask some questions, ask for lisence and move on. one time we were all under age getting hamered on a deer lease shooting guns when a warden pulled up. gate was locked too, this motherfucker cut and then repaired barbed wire somewhere. but we hadn't shot anything but beer cans.

he gave us shit, said he should take us all in. then just told us to stop shooting guns drunk and drove off.
>>
>Started to go fishing again
>Surfcasting
>Using dad's rods and reels
>Want to buy my own shit
>Literally hundreds of options from brands I don't know
>Afraid of being too cheap and buying shit I'll have to replace in a year

I already ditched the flea market shit and I'm pretty sure I'll blow at least 250-300€.
>>
>>870467
I bought the combo described here https://fishwithjd.com/2009/06/22/light-tackle-surf-perch/

It's a fantastic pair and I couldn't be happier with it.
>>
>>870471
I got the LS model btw
>>
File: IMG_20161006_152119.jpg (366KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161006_152119.jpg
366KB, 768x1280px
I knew a size 20 pheasant tail is what they wanted! Got 3 like this size, this was the biggest
Probably 4.5-5 inches
I need an indicator pattern though, I got easily a dozen good bites on my strike indicator (just put a hook in the indicator?)
Anyway the big one
>>
>>870467
You can get a great combo for under 200 USD
Spinning or conventional
>>
what rod would you guys recommend to pair with a lews tournament mb baitcaster?

im thinking of just tossing it on my ugly stik for now but not thrilled with the idea.

also ive hear lews is best bang for buck out there, anyone have experience with their reels?
>>
>>870483

have about ~150 budget for rod
>>
>>870483
Idk why you would use a memecaster for surf fishing. Imo, spinning gear makes way more sense.
>>
>>870480
That's the problem, 200 USD would be most likely 200€ and I need two rods and two reels.
>>
>>870488
>Idk why you would use a memecaster
You shoulda stopped right there.
>>
>>870467
for surfcasting not much can beat the price per performance of a good beefy abu garcia. 6000 models are my favorites.

I have 2 6ks from the 80s that still cast fine.

then just strap it onto whatever uglystik suits the fish you want.

this isn't the best set up for anything, but it will work for pretty much everything. those old abu models are a staple for a reason.
>>
>>870490
Why do you need 2 of each? If you're getting two I'd get a MH rod for bait soaking with a sand spike and a light action rod for fan casting in the white wash while you wait
>>
>>870494
>Why do you need 2 of each?

Because I'm allowed to use 2 rods, also I'm not interested in light action stuff.
>>
>>870488

He didn't say anything about surf fishing

>>870491

Sick bait dude
>>
>>870495
Why's that? Where I'm at it basically triples the number of times I hook up on something
>>
>>870494
well he is tqlking about surfcasting. I don' know about u, but I pull my truck up, pound in my pvc rod holders, wade out and throw my lines, and then just pound beers while I watch the sunrise.

that is how I surf fish. and I take about 6 poles.

if I were you, eurobro, I would hit up pawn shops looking for old abu garcia 6k series, perferably 6500s. then just put them in cheap poles.
>>
>>870500
Where I fish you need long casts to catch something decent.

Using a smaller rod I would catch more small fishes but I have no interest in them.

>>870501
I'm limited to 2 rods by law, I would like to pack 3 at least.

I'm hitting a local store running a sale with some friends this weekend. One of them knows the owner. They also have preowned stuff at decent price so it may be interesting.

I don't really want to go crazy over top tier stuff, I've been using 30 years old reels with a rod about the same age and I'm doing fine.
>>
File: 1475775805351.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475775805351.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
wow your florida fishermen will have twice as much hurricane fishing to do this time!

jelly
>>
>>870505
>fuck this spot in particular
>>
>>870501
>>870502
I see, I'm on the pacific coast and there is nowhere around me you can drive into the beach. I roll with a single rod and walk the beach fan casting. Here we don't get much except perch and seasonal stripers.
>>
>>870502
yea I figured. you quoted a price in euros. so obviously you would have stricter laws.

context clues

gl on your hunt. big beefy baitcasters that say abu garcia are probably best for the price, especially if used. and if you are just getting started, any good beefy 8 foot pole will do. you may be twmpted to buy a 12 footer, but unless you have actually casted a 12foot in waist deep water, you may want to stick with 8.

surfasting is.about thick rods with spring. there is no feel to a surfcasting rod, in broad tems. so the cheapest to the most expensive is just how long they will last.

good luck out there.

oh, aslo, can you bait fish where you live? a good cast net is essential imo for surfcasting. you need live bait, and.they don't last long swimming after being thrown 100yards.
>>
>>870513
I legally can't fish bait.

As for the rod length, I'm using 4'5m ones right now and I'm getting 4'2m which is the standard here now.

I'm not really new to fishing, I just need new shit.
>>
>>870487
I'd look at Fenwick
They seem to have nice stuff
>>
>>870514
I fired. that is one of the most absolutely retarded european laws. throwing out the bait net is how you teach your kids about the ecosystem.

well gl eurobro. post pics of your winter fish. the red drum are about to start running up the coast here. if a catch a tag worthy red I will even post my ugly mug.
>>
>>870515
Can confirm I have a fenwick HMG that I really like.
>>
>>870490
If you're on a budget and need a heaver, get a daiwa beefstick 12 foot and mount a daiwa sealine xsha (20 or 30 size
Two of those will run under 300 USD
Under 250 USD if you get used
The reels are good and I've never broken a beefstick. If you manage to break one use it as an oprotunity to upgrade
I've used mine to heave 6oz of lead with a baitfish about 10 Inches long
>>
File: IMG_0223.jpg (406KB, 1340x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0223.jpg
406KB, 1340x960px
>$19 on LTB
I think I might have to order this one.

Some of those kits are pretty cool. They are only like 30% off retail. And there's a limit as to what it's worth paying for stuff that you aren't in love with. If I'm not being picky about exactly what colors and lures I'm getting, I could buy stuff on sale or clearance from a bunch of different retailers for a similar, if not better price. But I think I will def use everything in there.
>>
File: 1475793709976.png (409KB, 619x387px) Image search: [Google]
1475793709976.png
409KB, 619x387px
>>870538
Are you on Mr. Bones' Wild Ride yet?
>>
File: 1475795133810.png (479KB, 663x783px) Image search: [Google]
1475795133810.png
479KB, 663x783px
>>870580
>>
>>870583
roffle!
>>
File: IMG_0224.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0224.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>870580
It was raining pretty good for the past hour and just stopped. Some gusty winds. I'm still trying to figure out if we are going to be working tomorrow.

It took a lil jog north in the past few hours so it looks like we aren't going to get hit quite as bad as the north part of the state. This morning before it made the little turn, we were projected to get 90mph+ winds but now just 60s to 70s. And since I was on the west and southwest side, we didn't get hit with nearly as bad of a storm surge as they will from like WPB up to Georgia and the Carolinas.

>bought generator when I first moved here 3+ years ago
>finally opened up generator this afternoon
>tfw no oil included
At least a quart of 10w30 was easy to find unlike water and D batteries
>>
>>870585
Make a cast out to that puddle
>>
File: IMG_0225.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0225.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>870587
>>
Just went to a pond with a shitload of milfoil, not a bunch matted but plenty everywhere to snag a lot

Any recommendation on what to use to fish through it?

PS, i dont have a heavy action rod for frogs or punching. Just a medium/medfast cranking glass rod, a spinning rod and a mh/xtra fast

I was thinking of getting some chatter baits for it.
>>
File: IMG_0228.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0228.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>870587
>>870590
I never knew catfish liked buzzbaits
>>
>>870593
lel
>>
File: IMG_0227.jpg (993KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0227.jpg
993KB, 4032x3024px
>>870594
He came booking it out of nowhere. Dumbass feral cats. I'm gonna run the thing over one of these days.
>>
>>870538
If I stop being furry will you buy me things again?
>>
>>870596
We should do a Secret Santa when it gets closer to Xmas. Put like a $20 limit on it and send eachother a couple lures
>>
>>870538
I got one. I forgot about it and haven't used anything from it lol.

>>870590
>The absolute madman

>>870592
I would use a weightless Texas rigged senior/any plastic heavy enough to throw weightless. Any bait you can run over the top of the plants will work though.

>>870600
I'd be game
>>
>>870600
id be down as well, But shipping is going to be terrible, $8 shipping on 10-20$ of lures
>>
>>870606
>senior
Senko. Fucking phone.
>>
>>870607
Still
All the trips should pair up and buy each other things
I don't like secret Santa because its hard online
Maybe just pair up?
Dibs on Pepsi so I can buy him saltwater schitt
>>
>>870607
Yeah, I know. Tbqhwy I would probably just go buy something from Dick's and send it via USPS for like $1.50 or find something good with free shipping on eBay. The big retailers have lots of free shipping sales too, Dick's has them all the time for orders of $25+.
>>
>>870606
Yeah I threw a buzzbait for a bit and no hit. Though I sat my dad down with a wacky rigged senko dipped in some JJ's and got him a 2lbs

He has fished in ages and so far both outtings produced him bass both on senkos. Was rather excited since the 1st fish he caught marked his 1st catch in like 20 years, now he's up to 2.
>>
File: image.jpg (401KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
401KB, 640x1136px
>>870618
That's awesome. My dad and I are probably going to go fishing for the first time in 10 years or so this weekend.

I just suggest to throw plastics weightless because it seems like the weight always gets snagged on something. Creature baits like a brush hog are another good one to throw weightless imo.

In the pond at work the entire bottom is grass and senkos and brush hogs were the only plastics I could use without getting snagged a bunch.
>>
File: IMG_20161006_202917.jpg (345KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161006_202917.jpg
345KB, 768x1280px
I made a paddle tail senko
Crazy or just crazy enough to work?

Idk I was bored
>>
File: IMG_0238.jpg (54KB, 738x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0238.jpg
54KB, 738x640px
>>870653
Reminds me of the Zoom Fluke Sticks. They are fat like a senko but with a little tail. Great for shakey heads and shit where they will stand up.
>>
>>870653
Looks like it might be interesting wacky rigged
>>
File: 1475801317976-366623406.jpg (390KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1475801317976-366623406.jpg
390KB, 960x1280px
>>870654
These gave me an idea
Pic related
Left to right
>paddle tail senko
>curly tail senko
>double ended senko
>original senko (the base for all of these)
>>870657
That was the plan
>>
what would be my best option on a casting rod in the ~$100-150 range?

looking to toss crankbaits, top water ect
>>
File: clapton-e1470584892828.jpg (82KB, 700x456px) Image search: [Google]
clapton-e1470584892828.jpg
82KB, 700x456px
>>870592
Get a heavy action rod and some frogs and punch baits :^)
>>
>>870666
Have your pick
http://www.fenwickfishing.com/fenwick-freshwater-rods/#srule=price-low-to-high&sz=15&start=15
>>
File: IMG_2714.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2714.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>870666
Ive had my fenwick elite tech for a few months. It's a medium heavy, fast action. Very light rod, flick of the wrist and you can cast 30 yards
>>
File: non-slip-loop-knot.jpg (94KB, 464x470px) Image search: [Google]
non-slip-loop-knot.jpg
94KB, 464x470px
>>870666
Well satan do you want just a rod or a combo?
>>
>>870673
That's not a Palomar

>>870672
Looks nice. I would def buy another Fenwick after getting that Eagle awhile back.

>>870666
You have a Dick's in Hell?

I think there are a couple Abu Veracity micro guide casting rods on clearance for like $100 off of $150 in some of the stores. Can't go wrong with those. Otherwise if you stop by a Bass Pro, check out some of the Johnny Morris rods. Light as a feather and nice action.
>>
Will this storm mean the end of pepsifaggotry?
>>
File: PicsArt_09-04-08.31.01.jpg (145KB, 1330x1330px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_09-04-08.31.01.jpg
145KB, 1330x1330px
>>870675
>palomar
For braid to swivel or lure that is the best knot. You can't beat a Non slip Loop for using fluro with jigs, jerkbaits. You get alot better action. Perfect for crappie and trout jigs as well as flies.
>>
>>869708
Thanks man! i will try doing as you say!
>>
>>870093
Gonna need a rod then
>>
anyone going out for muttons today or after the hurricane ?
>>
Is peps hurridedded?
No am posts...
>>
File: Mathew from Space.png (1MB, 1705x796px) Image search: [Google]
Mathew from Space.png
1MB, 1705x796px
>>870878
Probably cellular troubles.
>>
>>870878
>>870880
See:
>>870833
>>870853
>>
>>870798
A 20 dollar pole from Walmart is fine
13 foot is plently long then tack on 8 feet of line and you can do a nice presentation from a reasonable distance
>>
File: image.jpg (537KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
537KB, 1536x2048px
Juvenile brown or rainbow?
>>
File: image.jpg (495KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
495KB, 1536x2048px
>>870905
"Better" pic
>>
File: 41M8BZkx6DL._SY400_.jpg (22KB, 391x400px) Image search: [Google]
41M8BZkx6DL._SY400_.jpg
22KB, 391x400px
Got a kinetic PT for $25 on clearance at my walmart bc they arent stocking them anymore. Did i get a good deal?
>>
>>870916
Is that a Quantum? Looks nice. People will talk shit on Quantums because there were a couple models where shit was almost guaranteed to break. Hopefully that isn't one of them. If so, just make sure you mail in the warranty card and maybe they will send you the newer model when it breaks.

Either way, can't beat it for $25. I have a lighter Quantum (SX 10?) from like 15 years ago and that was a cheap reel but it was one of my main setups for years and is still going strong.
>>
File: IMG_0264.png (433KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0264.png
433KB, 640x1136px
>>870916
>>870928
Fuck I'm gonna check some Walmarts for those now.
>>
>>870932
Il probably run to the closest one or two tonight and check as well
>>
>>870937
Has good reviews on Amazon too. I think the Energy PT is the one on Bass Pro that has like 2 stars because the same part breaks on all of them.
>>
>>870916
i must go shopping

although quick google search says the reverse has a tendency to break
>>
>>870928
I have a Quantum Smoke PTs Inshore that I love
>>
>>871033
The Smoke is supposed to be really good. There were literally one or two reels that had problems and now a bunch of people talk shit on Quantum. Seems like they were more popular 15-20 years ago than they are now but they still make some cool shit.
>>
Just got back from the tackle shop

Storm hasn't really hit us yet

Picked up some 1/8 slider heads and some 4" power worms (pumpkinseed color)
>>
>>871041
Yeah the smoke is really quite clean. You can tell it is a solid reel, almost no plastic except the drag knob. I just ordered a Shimano Stradic STCI4+1000FAML at a similar price point so I'm interested to compare the brands
>>
File: IMG_20161007_160514.jpg (371KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161007_160514.jpg
371KB, 768x1280px
Hit up a new creek after getting lost hunting for a lake
I also put a hook in a strike indicator
It worked
Pic related
>>
File: rthPIC026.jpg (793KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rthPIC026.jpg
793KB, 1600x1200px
>rain rain rain fucking more rain
>some punk hurricane is going to be sending more rain

How do you guys deal with weeks upon weeks of muddy water in all rivers, streams, and ponds?
>>
>>871128
How do you select creeks for microfishing? This weekend is the end of the local lake season (closed until April) so I'm planning on exploring creeks and such. I found some decent maps that should give me a start. But my main question is, so the creeks need to be running all year round for there to be fish there? How deep of water do you look for? I'm worried I'm going to be forced into fishing the ocean and a small local pond without much shoreline access
>>
>>871136
dark colors

black, junebug, blueberry, avocado

all great stuff for muddy waters
>>
File: plunge_dim.gif (13KB, 400x237px) Image search: [Google]
plunge_dim.gif
13KB, 400x237px
>>871137
Not him, but I fishing on the lower side of road stream crossings. The culvert usually dumps out and creates a plunge pool of water where you can almost always catch minnows and sometimes 1"-3" sunfish. You can find these all over if your area is hilly in any way.
>>
>>871127
I really like those Stradic (CI4?) reels too, I would def think about getting one. With Shimano though, sometimes they aren't quite as smooth or as many nice features as other brands at the same price point, but they use really solid designs and if you take care of them they should still function as good as brand new when they are 10yrs old. You really start to notice the differences in reel makes and models when you take them apart to clean them.

>>871128
Why? Go for bluegill at least.

>>871111
>czeched
Where are you? GA anon?

We really didn't get shit. Worked a bit further south in Hollywood all day and nothing there, then just went up to West Palm Beach for a minute and there were a couple palms on the road but that's it and dude who lives up there said he lost power for like an hour. Yesterday morning it looked like Palm Beach Co was gonna get hit way worse and my area was going to get 90mph+ winds.

>>871136
Run something flashy or pitch black. I normally like when the rain stirs stuff up. I don't fish rivers, but most of the lakes have fairly clear water so a little mud opens up my lure choice.
>>
>>871139
0 visibility means the color doesn't matter. Like not even 1" of visibility. It isn't like night fishing where black is best for sky contrast. Live baits seem to work best, but only for fish and turtles that can smell it in the water.
>>
>>871142
>Run something flashy or pitch black. I normally like when the rain stirs stuff up. I don't fish rivers, but most of the lakes have fairly clear water so a little mud opens up my lure choice.

Also see >>871143 there's just no visibility anywhere regardless of waterway/pond/lake size or location. Being doomed to catfish and turtles kinda sucks. And, I have new lures to try out the action.
>>
>>871140
Interesting, not fully sure I understand from your pic though. My area is coastal with mountains so there are tons of mountain creeks. Most often the creeks pass under the roads. You are saying you look for an elevation change and fish the lower pool though right?

>>871142
The CI stands for carbon integrated which is just the same Stradic with some differences in materials which is supposed to be stronger. The FAML is supposedly a fantastic ultralight reel which is why I got it. 4lb drag at max. Going to pair it with my UL/XUL rods
>>
File: News_h3.jpg (66KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
News_h3.jpg
66KB, 280x200px
>>871146
Yeah, go to the side of the road where the culvert dumps out water. If it is on a slope/hill the culvert will be stuck out so it makes a plunge pool. They can be small or pretty large.
>>
I heard chicken liver doesn't really work as good as people say for catfish. Y/N?
>>
File: IMG_4774.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4774.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>870928
i have a quantum casting reel, an aura 360, and it has been through a couple years of use with no issue. You can tell it's not super quality, but I don't have any problems with it. I would recommend it if anybody wanted a really cheap memecasting setup.
>>
>>871150
Sweet I know a few places like that. If they dry out during some parts of the year would that mean there won't be fish there when there is water?
>>
File: fishingbabes25.jpg (40KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
fishingbabes25.jpg
40KB, 500x359px
>>871151
I can't keep it on the hook. And before someone says it no, I'm not going to wrap it with thread or pantyhose that will inevitably end up polluting the lake.
>>
>>871151
You'd only really use it for channel catfish. They are more opportunistic than other species of catfish and rely more heavily on sense of smell. Still, dead baitfish will still be better than anything else for channel catfish. It can't be freshly dead.

>>871154
They dry out all the time here and there's usually fish when the water returns.
>>
File: IMG_0268.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0268.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>871144
That's why I did say it's a little different for me because no rivers. I would just run some loud spinners or the loudest lipless rattling crank possible. Go with some Colorado or French blades with the dark water and some hungry predators should go for the vibrations. At least I hope they will.

This actually reminds me of something that was bugging me. I have been having good luck with dark soft plastics, so I was browsing the hard bait selection at Dick's and realized nobody fucking makes black cranks, rattlers, jerkbaits, etc. There are a couple black topwater lures (I need to grab a black hollow body frog or some Junebug Zoom Horny toads) but nothing that runs underwater. It's mostly natural otherwise red or chartruese and while chartruese is great in some situations the black and purple has been killing it in murky water.
>>
>>871142
NC

I'm not expecting much but they're really hyping it up here as is typical for weather events here

I think maybe ~40 hours or so of some moderate rain but not much else
>>
File: IMG_0379.jpg (70KB, 570x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0379.jpg
70KB, 570x758px
>>871155
>not fishing
I was about to save it for further use but just realized she isn't even fishing. Just boats n' hos. Took awhile to notice because I was distracted by dat ass.

On another note, Bass Pro has some sale and double rewards points from 6pm-9pm tonight but I have to work tomorrow and really don't feel like going to deal with that madness for a free pen flashlight and mediocre sales.

I also want to look around at Walmarts but same deal, I'm tired and have to wake up early tomorrow and I can't stand Walmarts. I looked online to see if I could check store availability on that Quantum reel but it wasn't on their site at all.
>>
>>871159
We got maybe 2hrs of heavy rain and then some on and off showers (at least until I passed out around 11pm) but they were never predicting a ton for us because we ended up on the SW side of the storm. But South Florida is made to handle downpours in most places since our random afternoon thunderstorms can dump an inch of rain in like 20min and most structures can take the wind.

The wind and rain is whatever, it's the storm surge that can really fuck people up if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
>>
>>871144
You do know that fish use more than just sight to hunt right?

Get something with a lot of action that's gonna send out tons of vibrations
>>
>>871137
Walk along the creek and watch closely
The creek I was in today was only about 5 feet wide and had almost no current (you could only see that the eater was flowing in riffles 2 inched deep)
I'd say look at tributaries
But any creek has potential
Walk along it being very loud and visible and watch for fish spooking
Other than that wet a line in spots that look "fishy" and hope for the best
>>871140
>>871150
This
Holes are your friend
>>871155
>implying white cotton thread isn't biodegradable
>pantyhose polluting the lake
If you don't want pantyhose polluting the lake then don't throw them in the water you muffin
>>
>>871162
The storm is gonna start to idle once it gets more inland so there's gonna be some flooding is the GA and SC plains
>>
>>871171
I find it funny he's worried about thread but probably has left at least a couple feet of mono or fluoro in a lake somewhere just like all of us...
>>
>>871176
And I feel terrible about it too. I retrieve every inch I possibly can when it happens. I also keep a stash of shopping bags in my tackle box and pick up all the trash that I can before I leave. I can't believe the condition some people leave the lake in. The DNR actually closed one of the nicest places in our area for a year after repeatedly posting signs to clean up or they'd close the lake.
>>
>>871177
Yes I always feel bad as well. I use braid for everything I possibly can because I assume it is more degradable. Unfortunately there are a lot of situations where a leader is necessary so it definitely happens
>>
File: IMG_2060.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2060.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>871176
>>871177
>>871179
Fishing line, empty worm containers, and fucking Yum bags. You know it is nigs too because it is always shitty 20lb+ mono and Yum is the cheapest soft baits you can buy.

I specifically avoid buying Yum because of all the empty packages around some of the lakes. Only problem was I wanted some Senko-type sticks, didn't want to pay $8 for Yamamotos, and wanted to try that orange and pink color so I finally caved and bought a bag of Yums and I feel like a scumbag.
>>
>>871165
>>871158
Lures simply don't work in muddy, zero-visibility waters, no matter how noisy they are.
>>
>>871188
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateral_line
>>
>>871177
Then you've got exactly 0 reason to not use pantyhose
You've got mini trash bags on you at all times
>>
>>871191
You don't have any experience fishing in zero visibility muddy water do you, kid.
>>
>>871177
>they'd close the lake

Sounds illegal.
>>
>>871194
>science is wrong

>>871195
The state's Department of Natural Resources has authority to control access to state property like lakes, rivers, public access areas etc. They closed the fucker for a year. To my knowledge there was only one arrest. I only know that because after the lake was opened back up there was a guy picking up trash that I struck up a conversation with. The guy said said he received 40 hours for trespassing at the lake and his probation officer directed him to clean the lake of trash.

Speaking of closing things, does anyone else live near federally controlled land? When congress shut down a few years ago there were barricades preventing entering federal property. 11K acre lake was closed, parking lots barricaded, the works. I was surprised they didn't put up caution tape through woods. Anyone else encounter this?
>>
>>871198
>science is wrong

Good luck bass fishing in fully muddy water where you can't see 1 inch into it.

>>871198
The public owns those lakes, not the government, kid. Take up arms next time.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 600x449px
I think I'm gonna buy some of these giant lizards. They're 8.75 inches kek. What're some other near lures on TW I can waste monies on?

>>871188
I disagree. I've caught fish in water that has 0 visibility. Using a dark big creature bait, spinners, and lipless cranks. The bass are still gonna eat dude. You just have to run it right in front of them.
>>
>>871206
Neat lures*
>>
>>871206
Grab some of the 10" lizards
>>
I got some pre-snelled hooks and there is a weird loop tied into the part that would attach to the mainline. Do they expect me to use a swivel or something? I'd probably just snip it and tie it to my mainline braid with an albright knot, am I missing something?
>>
>>871213
The loop goes on a snap swivel.
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>871200
>Take up arms next time
>>
>>871200
>>871194
>kid

>>871206
I don't fish incredibly murky stuff with zero visibility much, but I just feel like if you can get bass to bite in somewhat murky water at midnight, why not in really murky water during the day?

Spinners, rattlers, topwater, and big dark creature baits with lots of dangling appendages seem to do the job. I imagine it would be extra difficult fishing those murky conditions in summer with warm water though. At least when it is dark, the bass could be hunting so it will really seek the vibration but if you have 80F+ water and lazy bass with zero visibility, they might not chase the lures and you would have to get a small lizard right by their mouths.
>>
>giving the "kid" poster (You)s

don't do that
>>
>>871160
if youre looking for that reel at walmart you have to dig through their clearance section

i just checked it out my self because one of my spinners went to shit. didnt find it. ill search others tommorow
>>
File: IMG_0294.png (2MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0294.png
2MB, 640x1136px
>>871245
Ehh. Maybe if I have some motivation after work tomorrow. I really wish I didn't have to work since I got stuck there last weekend too. I was thinking about that Bass Pro sale tonight.

Also for my next reel I kinda want to set up a memecaster, but I would probably still buy that Quantum anyway and then sell it to Skid at a loss like I did with the W&M.

Let's get this to 310 so I can make a new one and pass out.
>>
File: IMG_0279.jpg (44KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0279.jpg
44KB, 450x600px
>if Skid were into grills
>>
>>871194
>>871194
I don't think you are that great of an angler. If you can't adapt to differnt conditions and have struggled to catch fish in less water you should embrace tips. I have caught plenty of bass in muddy water. You just have to fish shallower, slower and with bigger bolder lures and use multiple casts to each spot. If you don't change how you fish when conditions change, you will be fishless.
>>
>>871250
You have 1457 unread emails?
>>
>>871198

i'm a cheapass that looks for lures that have washed up so ill take a few extra seconds to pick up trash i see

i dont know if forest preserves count, but near my home they had one fenced off and closed off. decent size lake there too.

how much shit could i get in for trespassing anyway? lake almost touches the road, id love to toss a line in
>>
>>871258
Yessir. I mean I get like 5 or 10 emails a day and I check them but I don't open anything that I don't care about.

At least it isn't all junk, I open lots of Bass Pro or Dick's ads but I'm not going to open the Dick's email for the "Fall Soccer Spectacular!"
>>
>>871261
You won't get in trouble the first time. But if you get kicked out by the cops and get a formal warning, they can get you in some shit if they catch you there again.

If there are signs posted everywhere and you are being a dick, they could give you a ticket the first time but it is unlikely unless it is a problem area.
>>
File: IMG_0289.jpg (119KB, 635x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0289.jpg
119KB, 635x981px
>>871266
>>
>>868456
Any casting tips. I have a 6 wt rod. I'm new to fly fishing. Always wanted to try it so I went to bass pro and bought a set up
>>
>>870467
Price quoted in euros so imma give you amazon.co.uk options, closer than freedomland for postage purposes.

Mitchell catch 13foot, also comes in 14 or 15 foot (I have 14 foot, is good)

Shakespeare omni 3 piece beachcaster (good reviews in seamag)

Fladen XTC rod (have, is good lighter rod)

Bison travel beachcaster (6 part. Hard to find but excellent)

All of these are sub €50-60. Bison beachcaster may cost more if you find one, but they're worth it. Ultra compact and so strong.

For reels, Mitchell 667 FG is excellent and cheap.
Or size 6000 of another brand of your choice. If you were going with a fladen XTC rod I'd advise a size 5000 reel or even 4000 for more comfy casting, the rod is more suited to close in surf lure and bait fishing and frequent casting is easier with a smaller reel more in balance with the rod
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 91

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.