[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stove Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

What camping stove do you use for cooking while /out/?

I'm considering making one like pic related to use with my Trangia in case I run out of ethanol, but I'd like it collapsible. Any ideas?

>inb4 someone shows up with a $100 designer gas stove and claims superiority
>>
>>867707
I use a primus express stove. It's super handy, packs small and is very convenient. However, I only use it for day hikes and the like as I enjoy open fires much more.
>>
>>867711
>$100 gas stove

CALLED IT
>>
a pot, some rocks and a few bits of dried up pine sap
>>
>>867717
Never used sap. Is it really as good at lighting fires as I hear?
>>
i built myself a wood gas stove out of two tin cans. it's really working well...
>>
Plans for a collapsible stove cut from a large tin can. Thoughts?
>>
>>867751
Fucking phone shows it as straight, then when I post it's sideways......
>>
>>867751
what size?
>>
>>867754
I'd say each side is around 30cmx30cm, with a 2cm edge, leaving a 26cmx26cmx30cm cube for a fire.
>>
>>867754
>>867763
Scratch that, make the sides 20cm L 30cm H, making the cube 18cm x 18cm x 30cm.
>>
>>867765
yeah ok i was just writing. 26cm would be way too big. 18 is big but ok i think.
>>
>>867767
Specified measurements.
>>
>>867752
I have the same problem when posting my cock n balls on /hc/.

I still can't figure it out? Mods?
>>
>>867714
It was $15. And I don't see any claims of superiority.
>>
>>867718
It can replace wood and burns for a long time. Just use the sap that you find already dried up on the trees.

A little ball the size of a golf ball can burn for 20 minutes with enough heat to boil water easily.
>>
File: IMG_20160916_013857.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160916_013857.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>867707
I use a Trangia as well. With titanium 750ml pot and selfmade potstand (made from an aluminium windshield and two 3mm tent pegs).

I guess one could buy titanium sheeting and use that as a potstand/windscreen/woodburner.
>>
>>867804
Neat. I'll try to gather some next time I'm out.
>>
Anyone using a selfmade alcohol stove? It's striktly forbidden to make fires in my area/country
>>
>>867808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynrkLv_9Baw

Not me in the vid.
>>
>>867752
>>867772
That's because you took the picture sideways. The phone tags the image so that it will always point up no matter what way you took it or rotate your phone. Everything else that isn't a phone just shows it the way you took it, sideways or upside down.
>>
>>867812
I've made a classic can stove a couple of times. Works great, but make sure it's at least a bit tight, otherwise it can easily get out of hand.
>>
>>867812
Protip: don't. Get a Trangia burner for a few bucks, it can be closed and you can carry enough ethanol in it for two or three meals.
>>
>>867812
Bad idea. Learn what plants and insects you can eat raw (if you're into survivalism) or carry your own food that don't need to be cooked (if into camping/hiking.)

There's actually a good reason why fires are forbidden in some places. Don't be that guy who accientally burns down part of a forest. That happens a few times every fucking summer. There's not that much real forest left.
>>
>>867832
The forests just need more fire in those areas. Humans stopping fires is a big problem for many species.
>>
>>867832
honesty just make sure the fire is properly contained and there are no leafs or other fire fodder too close to the fire

I suspect most forest fire caused by hikers are caused by fires made in the middle of the forest and then just left to burn. I see them all the time in Algonquin
>>
>>869296
And those where the person did not dig below the fire area in order to ensure there are no tree roots that may catch on fire.
>>
>>867814
That guy doesn't know how a wick works and he sounds like an annoying faggot.
>>
File: snp-litemax-titan-stove_1.jpg (58KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
snp-litemax-titan-stove_1.jpg
58KB, 900x900px
My ultralight titanium stove from snow peak. It's great
>>
>>867707

It depends what you want to do.

If all you want to eats is boil in the bag or dehydrated food, you really can't beat a jetboil (or an of the competitors using the same tech with a rad on the bottom of the cooking vessel) just on fuel/weight/packability but all it is really is a gucci kettle

If you actually want to cook a meal, Trangia (or similar) hands down. variable heat output, long burn time, inexpensive to run/buy.

Gas I find too fickle, it's either too hot and burns stuff, or the heat bleeds away in the wind (windshield for the win though). You can get a lot more done cooking if you want to actually prep and cook a full meal on a Trangia stove
>>
>>869519
I'd love to cook a hearty breakfast of bacon, fried eggs and hash browns
>>
I got pic related. It is pretty nice because you can use any fuel source with it and can cook directly on top.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.