[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your contingency plan if shit hit the fan? We're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

What's your contingency plan if shit hit the fan? We're talking straight up WWIII scenario.

Could you sufficiently survive away from a deploding society?
>>
>>>/k/
>>
>>864372
Everyone always thinks they'll make it. I'll probably die in the initial attack or get murdered for my car 1/4 mile from my house.
>>
>>864375
/k/ can go astoundingly fuck themselves. This is a hypothetical scenario where /out/ skills are needed, not a shitton of nuggets.
>>
I'm 30 minutes from the start of the AT. If I could make it to the trailhead, I'd be fine.
>>
>>864378
there will be millions thinking like you, you will not be just fine. Plus in this day and age with the military technology available you're fucked anyways, there's no just hide in a cave and pray.
>>
>>864377
I'm ok with just one nugget
>>
>>864382
Tell that to the Taliban who are still hiding in caves.
>>
>>864382
>the military will use a huge amount of resources and technology to find one random civilian man and his dog hiding in a cave in the blue ridge mountains
for what purpose? take your tin foil hat off
>>
>>864394
>Taliban
>relevant
pick uno
>>
>>864395
>there will be millions thinking like you
>one guy
>>
>>864382
>literally what Alqueda does everyday
>>
>>864399
>millions of people will flock to this one specific trail
>literally millions of people will flock to this small trail 30 minutes from my home
>millions
Wew.
>>
>>864400
see >>864396

>>864402
everyone and their cousin saw TWD, you're not special, sunshine.
>>
>>864404
>millions of people will flock to a small trailhead that maybe 300 people use a year because they saw it in a movie
Time to stop posting kid
>>
>>864405
>small trailhead
>surviving there for unlimited time
hello there my delusional frienderino
>>
File: 216-FILE0200_-L.jpg (133KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
216-FILE0200_-L.jpg
133KB, 800x600px
Bring it on.
>>
You know, if everyone would shit in the creek like they're supposed to, it doesn't hit any fans at all.
>>
File: wuhytypicalplant.gif (50KB, 631x397px) Image search: [Google]
wuhytypicalplant.gif
50KB, 631x397px
>>864490
well, kinda still could desu
>>
>>864409
front range is swamped with people friendo, you'll be fucked just like the rest of us.
>>
>>864376
>taking your car
>>
I would need to git gud at getting my own food, but I got the go-anywhere doesn't need fuel vehicle. I'm not gonna get stuck on the highway with everyone else, but I'll probably die in the initial nuke blast like everyone else.
>>
>>864511
transportation related
>>
Go away NSA
>>
Id kill all the bug out bag fags with the tacticool molle hatchet and gear attached the fuck up prepper idiots, take all of their loot, and survive the fallout in my basement. Thinking of digging a tunnel to a room deep under my basement, if I get paranoid enough. But yeah, basically live off the shit I pick up from the preppers I kill.
>>
>>864408
Not him, but you sound like you've never been outside
>>
>>864530
you are truly a apex predator
>>
File: InvasionUSApromo.jpg (58KB, 300x404px) Image search: [Google]
InvasionUSApromo.jpg
58KB, 300x404px
>>864372
>>864372
>Could you sufficiently survive away from a deploding society?
>away

if you want to find me follow the sound of gunfire
>>
>>864372
I can sum it all up with two words. Head north.

I'm 2 hours from the Boundary Waters, use them to get into Canada, river hop farther north, stop when the people stop, if the masses catch up to me I'll just keep on heading north. I'll die more than likely but it'll at least be entertaining/heartbreaking to try to survive.

If it happens after I get my farm up and running I'll just stay put and die there. Someone's got to tend the sheep.
>>
>>864530
attaboy
that's my keyboard warrior
>>
>>864391
PS904ME.
>>
I could give myself about a week. Maybe two.

I don't think many people would be crazy enough to go inna everglades or big cypress park.
>>
>>865773
>get into Canada
Sorry we're full
Have enough immigrants
(You) have to go back
Build the wall Build the wall Build the wall
>>
>>868328
your government loves them immigrants
how fucked are you
>>
>>864372
This >>864375

>withdraw any and all savings I have
>buy as much heroin and possible
>sit at home on the couch watching cartoons all stoned while everybody panics
>as soon as the power goes out and my tv starts working, inject a giant horse syringe full of heroin into myself
I'm not trying to deal with all that
>>
>>864377
A fucking hundred year old rifle thats still used by isis and can go out 1000 yards you some how think its a shitty rifle?
granola cruncher.
go look up the amount of wars it was involved in,
>>
>>868235
Any one can be a killer if hungry and insane enough and judging from 4chan posters not to far.
There where people who murdered people on this site.
and the CNN bomb by a 4channer.
>>
I have about a month in the pantry. I can do better there...

But will need juice for the well pump.

ATV gets about 40 mpg with 10USG stocked in the garage.

At least 10k rnds of .22lr, plus the rest.

Lots of guns.

I neep more tp!
>>
>>868355
Squat less toilet paper to use.
>>
I live in Edmonton Alberta so IF i can get out of the city fast enough i should be okay.
>>
>>864513
Take it apart and show us what you've got
>>
>>864382
Hiding in a cave is the best idea you dumbass

No resources to pillage
>>
>>868523
> internet photo
>>
>>868365
>squat
>sticky shit nuggets still get stuck to your ass hair
>use a lot of toilet paper anyway
I like squatting but this is not the miraculous solution you guys make it seem to be.
>>
>>868365
I shave my bunghole about once a week as part of my personal hygene programme and when I wipe I like to really get up in there to get every last bit of shite.

I use a lot of paper but my arsehole sparkles and is minty freash.
>>
" Seven billion people on Earth when the infection hit. KV had a ninety-percent kill rate, that's five point four billion people dead. Crashed and bled out. Dead. Less than one-percent immunity. That left twelve million healthy people, like you, me, and Ethan. The other five hundred and eighty-eight million turned into your dark seekers, and then they got hungry and they killed and fed on everybody. Everybody! Every *single* person that you or I has ever known is dead! Dead!"
>>
>>864377

Traveling /k/Conrad here.

Why don't you back up on the hate? /k/ isn't one person and in a shtf scenario you're going to need sry least one gun.
>>
>>869294

*/k/omrad

Fuck this phone.
>>
>>864372
Well chances are i'd probably just take the cowards way out because i'll either be worked to death or killed or forced to fight for a country that i don't even like.
i'd rather die a free man then a slave
>>
File: when pepe calls you a hag.png (199KB, 310x305px) Image search: [Google]
when pepe calls you a hag.png
199KB, 310x305px
>>864372
You guys always think about lone wolf scenarios when it would be more practical to think of how to deal with other people in all scales.

What happens when there's an occupying army in your town
What happens when militias form and go around sacking people
What happens when you meet a crazy fucker who wants to kill you and take your shit

Roads will be blocked, bikes will be stolen, niggers will be sacking every corner, other people like you will demand you leave their area, your potential family will need protection, two guys working together will overwhelm you in about any situation
>>
>>869301
See, I always wondered that. in those urban and city areas, which races would last? Dont get me wrong here, I dont mean as a whole, but how can people who have lived their life a certain way survive? I mean the thugs and gangs, once they steal all they can, will they be able to cope with leaving their home? Will they have the mind to actually try and survive beyond stealing stuff that will wont last them long?
>>
>>869314
>in those urban and city areas
People don't think about water until it's too late. Most of the thugsters won't make it past week one. Dumbastids will drink from the drainage ditch cuz it's water, and will die of dysentery or some other waterborne disease.
>>
>>869301

Niggers literally need EBT to survive

once the easy pickings are gone niggers will be a thing of the past
>>
>>869354
Yeah, I agree. Also, most people dont have basic skills. I dont think most people will know their directions unless they had a map and compass, but even then would need to have basic knowledge with it, so if whoever was able to survive the initial chaos, then live thru their supplies, they would have to move or somehow find a way to sustain themselves.
>>
>>868350
Honestly this. Good on ya Pepsi
>>
Id hide in the pine barrens. Southern NJ here I go.
>>
>>869365
>I dont think most people will know their directions unless they had a map and compass
Everyone needs a map if they dont know the area.
>>
>>864372

In the real world sense heck no. I'm fucked without my meds now

I have 25 years experience when it comes to /out/ and a solid professional background in engineering. despite this in the past 5 years I've become heavily dependant on medication to remain functional, and am realistically 2/10 as fit and able as I was 6 years ago.

I've got the know how for allsorts of stuff, but I wouldn't really be able to use it.I can get some things done, and/or instruct others how to do stuff but I'm pretty screwed alone.

Long term plan is be to dig in where live.

My wife and I try to maintain a month in hand food/supplies (inc domestic fuel) wise for us and the cats ( we have 2 indoor cats) I have over that past few years staggered my prescriptions to the point where I'm 4 months ahead and rotate old for new. We are by no means part of the crazy prepper movement (I fucking hate the term) but we are 'careful' and like to plan ahead a bit

We've already discussed and planned how to board up the windows from the internal doors around the house and make things as secure as possible within our community. If it did get real sketchy that we have to leave ( we live about 15 miles down the coast from a nuclear power station about to be decommissioned, and a new one is looking at being built to replace it), we each have a 'trouble kit' packed and ready to go along with a stocked cat carrier for the moggies.

Because of where I live I could probably get away with poaching livestock food wise in the short term as the most sensible and labour easy ( sheep are dumb fuckers) option and seafood (I live 150m from the coast) is also readily available. My biggest problem is fresh water. If the mains lose pressure the closest fresh water source that isn't in the middle of the local town is well over a mile and a half away, and building a desalination plat (an evap) isn't practical due to the fuel needs :/
>>
>>864372
WWIII? 99% of people are fucked at least in the United States, Europe, and Russia. Nuclear Warfare combining with disease, starvation, and violence would do most people in rather quickly. Even those outside the immediate effects of these would probably die because they lack the skills to survive indefinitely on their own. The people with the best chances of survival are small rural communities in that scenario. Loners are doomed.
>>
Im pretty fucked desu
>live in middle of massive city
>if anything actually happened it would be virtually impossible to leave because of jammed freeways/interstate
>no wilderness for 6 hours drive in any direction
>poorfag so dont have more than 1 weeks food in the pantry

Everyone in my state is basically retarded, myself included, and would never be able to handle an actual emergency.
>Went to the grocery store to buy almond milk before Glorified Rainstorm Matthew
>See people fighting over batteries
>last night before the "hurricane" hit, all my neighbors start running their generators
>the longest time our power went out was for 20 seconds
>>
>>871020
I used to live in a comfy town but now I'm in the center of the huge capital city of my country for 4 (or maybe more) years. Fuck me.
>>
>>869288
u got kik?
>>
>>864372
Why not just join the army? At least they will be organized.
>>
>>864375
>go to /k/, ask about SHTF
>buy ak-47 cause indestructible
>at least 10000 rounds of ammo
>get milsurp alice backpack, sew MOLLE to it
>get sidearm
>at least 1000 rounds of ammo
>alice pack weights 84lbs and is filled with shit

No thanks.
>>
>Head to a remote coastal area
>Build a crude cabin
>Fish and forage to survive
>If soldiers/looters come by, show them I have nothing of value and invite them in for nettle tea
>>
>>864376

this is my plan too
just being realistic
>>
>>869354
I've always had filling bathtub, sink, etc as a first step. How long would that last me?
>>
>>872721
>not going out on you're own terms with a big pile of heroin
>>
File: WL2_Eric_Tidemann.png (72KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
WL2_Eric_Tidemann.png
72KB, 256x256px
Honestly I'm probably stay put and apply my nursing skills to use. I'll have about a few months of supplies and try to become a traveling nurse trading supplies for medical services.
That's assuming I'm already out the military nursing corps and not being stuck in a ship or hospital.
>>
>>872719
>invite them in for nettle tea
And then what?
Rat poison, bullet to the head or giving them your qt3.14 survival gf?
>>
>>873078
Ask them kindly to leave me be. You survive longer by not fighting and easing tensions.

>implying I have a gf, let alone one who's into survivalism.
>>
>>873096

I would probably die like everyone else. IF I made it to my "ranch" I would stand a slightly better chance, but I would still probably die.

My "ranch" is a piece of property I got from my grandparents, working on turning it into a resort that I hope to run one day
>30 miles from nowhere
>on a lake
>river about 1/2 mile away (fish wheel gains)
>room for 15+ people
>about 20 acres fenced in, currently has my neighbors cattle on it (planning to put exotic animals on it kinda like a zoo, but there is a lot to do before I get there)
>57 wooded acres, in the process of cutting trails

Currently all I really have is a handful of unfinished cabins sitting in the middle of nowhere, but I do have some stuff there that is useful since I have parties there every once in a while.

Can't say it's great, but it's better than living where I am now, especially if SHTF. realistically depends on what happens and a bunch of other variables. Like I said, I'll probably die like everyone else, but if by some act of god I get there, I'm hopeful that me and my family will make it long enough for things to stabilize.
>>
/out/ newbie here. This is all I can think of.
Sticking in and away from society. Stick around the edges of small communities and areas off main roads. Shelter would be a major issue. It'd be good to have a friend that'll keep someone from cutting your throat while you sleep.
Food and water would be a problem. Potable water is far and few around here, and any methods of purifying the water would be difficult. Snares and hunting are troublesome, as one requires you to leave traces of where you are, and the other requires a lot of energy expenditure and noticeable movement to get something in return.
Firearms are useful to a point, but I would think attracting any unnecessary attention would be risky. Without covering tracks, even a small mistake would make a lot of trouble if there's a group you'd be up against.
Wouldn't surviving the SHTF situation just lead to being one of the last few people to inevitably burn out? Would there even be a chance to build a new society, let alone reviving any kind of structure to it?
>>
>>874428

You're not avoiding a man hunt 99.9% of the time.

The problem with things like this is that it doesn't clarify what kind of happening is happening. I am >>874193, I would be set for an TEOTWAWKI type happening, but I would not be prepared nearly as well for massive flooding in my area.

When making these threads we need to know what kind of SHTF scenario we are talking about.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.