[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barefoot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 17

File: barefoot.jpg (91KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
barefoot.jpg
91KB, 800x532px
Anyone on /out/ having experience with running barefoot? Which advantages can i expect?
Should i start?

Any Tips, suggestions?
>>
>>860824
I suggest you use the catalog and stop being a self-absorbed, atterntion whore, faggot!
>>
>>860824
>more stamina
>can run longer
>senses will be heightened
>finely tuned into the surroundings
>youre no longer bouncing along on your skellington with rubber Nikes
>less damage to your skelly
>stronger calves and feet muscles
>>
>If humans were meant to run around in bare feet they would be born without shoes!

Fucking Godless Cody Lundin wannabe heathen faggots!
>>
>>860824
If you've spent your life running in shoes, you have to entirely re-learn how to run. You have to change your form to run on the balls of your feet and your heels will be the last thing that touches the ground- if at all. I would suggest finding a resource or book on minimalist running. You'll be rearranging the muscles you use so you're pretty much starting from scratch.
>>
>>860824
don't put your weight on your heel ever barely let it touch ground.
>>
>>860866
i always run in shoes like i would without them tho. only if you have shoes in and step into some shit it's less disgusting.
>>
I normally run landing on my toes and the foot near there and use that as a spring to push myself forwards. Never letting the back of my foot to touch the ground. Really nice.
>>
>>860824
depends on how thick your skin is, how flat your foot is, and where you live, personally I don't like running shoes but can't deal with barefoot running. Where I live you're either on asphalt, pine needles, acorns, or indoors. When nobody is around I'll walk on asphalt barefoot and I don't even wear socks inside, but most of the time I'm too busy wincing about shit poking the arch of my flat fucking foot to enjoy nature barefoot. if you can deal tho I say give it a go
>>
>>860824
If you have medical foot problems, don't both, you'll worsen it. If you're diabetic, don't even think about it, you'll cause an ulcer and lose your foot.

Expect heavy callous build up and will have to trim it down.
>>
File: cody.jpg (97KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
cody.jpg
97KB, 300x400px
>>860824
PROs:
-train mitochondria
-connection with the earth
-take your time and move more carefully
-piss off Joe

CONs:
-none
>>
>>860824
If you run on the beach on top of broken shells it will train your feet to be as durable as shoes. It hurts at first but i run on the beach every day during the summer
>>
Don't turn into one of those barefoot people. I've met two chicks while hiking this past summer and fucked both of them same day in the woods, both were barefooters. Most recent one got me sick actually, still am. Anyhow barefoot = you want to get fucked in the woods as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>861294
>joe

Dave had the best banter.
>>
>>860843
That is only true if you have the proper technique, otherwise it's gonna fuck you up
>>
>>861816
yeah putting your heels down when you run gonna fuck something up even in a good running shoe. you knees and hips and spine gonna be sorry sooner or later.
>>
>>860843
>more stamina
No

>can run longer
No

>senses will be heightened
No

>finely tuned into the surroundings
No

>youre no longer bouncing along on your skellington with rubber Nikes
Only with proper technique

No

>stronger calves and feet muscles
Calves no, feet yes.
>>
>>861303
Sounds legit.
>>
>>861307
Dude, I'm barefoot. Where u @?
>>
>>860824
>Protip use vibram shoes in the beginning so you look even more of a faggot than you already are.
>>
>>861926
I never thought of it this way, thanks for your well thought out input!
>>
File: N00244.jpg (30KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
N00244.jpg
30KB, 275x275px
I don't run barefoot (tried, bad idea), but I run in flat shoes, like kung-fu slippers.
I think it's much better to run like that than in running shoes, you are forced to watch how you run, you learn not to land on your heel, but rather to use your front feet & toes to absorb the impact.
My knees are fucked and runing flat helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-iGZPtWXzE
>>
>>862321
You're welcome, in the future you will learn to provide sources to back up your asinine claims, or be disputed.
>>
>>861926
>Calves no, feet yes.
Joke's on you, feet don't have muscles.
Calves will get stronger if you're used to slamming your heels into the ground because you shoe has a nice pad to help you out.
>>
>>862353
>Joke's on you, feet don't have muscles.
Is this some /out/ meme?

>Calves will get stronger if you're used to slamming your heels into the ground because you shoe has a nice pad to help you out
That's not how muscles work, good way to damage your legs though.
>>
>>862346
>Implying you replied to me the first time
>>
>>862394
What?
>>
>>861816
If you heelstrike with barefoot you will feel how wrong it is long before you develop knee/hip problems
>>
>>862353
Joke's on you, you're retarded

>feet don't have muscles
holy shit a meme was born
>>
>>862425
Wow.
>>
>>862355
You misunderstood my post apparently.

Feet are mostly tendons and bone, similar to hands. No it's not a meme.

If you're used to running heel-toe your calves are not used to absorbing the shock of running on the front of your feet. Adjusting to this will increase the strength of your calves.
>>
>>862820
> hands don't have muscles

I always hate shaking the hand of a limp wristed faggot.

Get a grip, literally.
>>
>>862820
>>862865
both the hands and feet have muscles they are not used to curl the fingers sure but sideways movement of fingers are done by hand muscles.
>>
>>862820
> No it's not a meme
Kek it is now
>>
>>862820
Dumbass
>>
>>861294
Except the fact that if you live anywhere where it gets hot and you decide to run you will burn you fucking feet. Also have fun stepping on sharp objects.
>>
>>860866
>>860947
This is sorta true. Some people have awful strides and others are have naturally perfect gaits- even after years of running in nikes or whatever. It's hard to say if the transition will be hard. For me, I've always run in the woods and so transitioning to barefoot wasn't hard at all.

Definitely wasn't a fully aware thing. I just took it easy, and took my time. Once I got to a place that I felt comfortable did I start seriously trying to build speed.

The main thing that pisses me off out there is people say "wow ur brave" or "don't get hurt" or whatever stupid shit they say and it's NO MOTHER FUCKER I worked to get here, planned and paid attention. I never stop to talk to those folk, but it does get annoying to hear that once or twice a run when it's busy out.
>>
File: DSC01751.jpg (4MB, 4912x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01751.jpg
4MB, 4912x3264px
>>862990
I live in Texas and I climb barefoot. I've done over 2k feet vertical gain in one session climbing barefoot. only downside is having to take a cheese grater to the thick skin that makes you all but impervious to sharp objects. glass? lol, never been cut by glass.

yea, walking down the middle of a black tar road for extended distances is brutal, climbing on the sunbaked sections of rock you can feel a bit of a burn, but I never get boils.

then again, I grew up here, so I just sweat too much to let my flesh burn and boil.

sometimes the cheese grater isn't enough, so I filet the callouses off, then use the cheese grater to round over the sharp edges.

here's a pick first day projecting some DWS, my foot placement wasn't the best, was dragging toe a bit, but I sent it.
>>
>>863304
Well shit, man, let's see those fucking feet then.
>>
>>863304
>I willingly damage my body for no reason other than to appear more macho than them thurr limp wristed faggots
>>
>>863304
Very cool. I was the post above this one. Been thinking about backpacking barefoot- which would mean going very light. I was thinking wool blanket, cook over fire and boil/drink straight the water just to keep with the theme. I've only met one barefoot hiker, but he wasn't going far or long (mainly just a hippy kid who wanted to sit in his hammock, smoke pot and look at a stream). I have heard of the barefoot sisters who thru-hiked the appalachian trail twice in a season.

I was wondering- does any one have any experience backpacking barefoot?
>>
>>863315
There's enduring pain and then there's injuring yourself. There's also giving a shit what other people think of you. If you don't want to spend a second to read why people here go barefoot, but immediately jump to the defensive you're the one who's worried about appearances.
>>
>>863304

I like how you say all this macho shit and then post a picture of a twelve year old girls foot
>>
>>863653
as you can see from the picture, my left foot is not fully formed and has a false arch, along with extreme damage to my L hip at age 14, my range of mobility is limited, which is partially why I can go barefoot.

if you are planning on doing barefoot backpacking, just know you will be stabbed in the foot, and sometimes by things that cannot be removed promptly. Bring a few tubes of non toxic super glue like Krazyglue and some canvas tape. Atleast that way you can still exit under your own power if something happens.

I wish I had more experience of +5 miles at a time, in theory, I would suggest to train on different terrains

>leatherman
>krazy glue
>canvas tape
>>
File: geeps_thio.png (16KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_thio.png
16KB, 261x195px
psst!
pssssst!

hookworm.
>>
>>863659
Enduring pain.. so what you're saying is

>I willingly damage my body for no reason other than to appear more macho than them thurr limp wristed faggots

Man, you sure got me. Macho man.
>>
File: 1464042278134.jpg (69KB, 498x482px) Image search: [Google]
1464042278134.jpg
69KB, 498x482px
>>862353
>feet don't have muscles
There's muscle across every inch of your body.
>>
File: IMG_20151130_113010528.jpg (617KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_113010528.jpg
617KB, 2592x1456px
>>863800
>>863315
so, you're a fear mongering shut in who is frustrated that no one else eats sunscreen?

you're a waste of dubs you dirty same fag, I hope you finally get over your bed sores

>climbing 15 feet off ground
>breifcase sized flake I'm holding onto rips off wall
>I fall to ground, followed by rock
>hike out solo while friends keep climbing
>get a call that someone called 911 and rescue was looking for me
>fucking dirty shills trying to take my money
>>
>>863881
Why do you keep posting your foot like it's something special.

My foot looked exactly the same after going through basic. Actually it looked worse upon closer inspection. You think going barefoot is the only way to toughen up your feet?
>>
>>863908
nope, I'm just posting content that's on topic.

this is just the bruising on the far side of my leg from the impact of the rock that landed on me. have fun being hostile. I'll still be here for you.
>>
>>863915
>guy tells me my foot is nothing special
>hur dur being hostile lol im staying
SJW logic pls. I never asked you to leave, I'm just letting you know nothing you do is some special art. We moved on to shoes for good reason, your feet will never have the same protection, ever, as someone wearing shoes.

I don't buy the "glass can't cut me" nonsense for a second. Every study about the great benefit of going barefoot everywhere, can be matched by a study about how it's bad for you. It's actually very simple, shoes don't fuck you up, bad shoes fuck you up. Running barefoot doesn't fuck you up, running barefoot improperly will fuck you up. Same thing with shoes as well honestly, running improper wearing anything is less than ideal, though in a pair of high heels I can see it being a bit more common to see injury.

So I wear shoes, my feet are protected from things that could seriously fuck it up, and there's nothing you can do I can't, in terms of barefoot vs shoes.
>>
>>863923
ok
>>
>>863923
lol, why is he posting on a barefoot thread?
>>
>>861926
>>860843
So I tried running barefoot yesterday for about 10 km on asphalt road. Last time I tried I had 2 medium/big blisters on my heels, because of my heel-striking.

This time I tried front-foot- and later mid-foot-striking.
I have no more pains in my knees as compared to running with shoes and only 2 small blister on my little toes which dont hurt, BUT my calves are killing me and I'm pretty sure I overstressed them heavily.
I just hope it gets better til wednesday, as me and a friend plan on climbing the Zugspitze.
So yeah, I buy the less dmg to skelly and stronger calves/feet muscles.
>>
>>864050
Because I find it interesting. Not necessarily better, interesting.
>>
>>863881
>fear mongering shut in
Nope

>waste of dubs
go back to /b/

>fake story

My feet are more calloused than yours are and I wear shoes. I guess you have so little interesting things about yourself you've got to try and seem cool to people by going LOOK GAIZ IM BAREFOOT!!!

I bet you were also the kid who stuck their hand in ant piles at middleschool.
>>
>>864065
I've had a few run ins with stress fractures above the arch when doing runs like that, but it seems to be worth it, only time I have knee or hip pain is when I'm wearing shoes.
>>
>>864401
are you running front or mid foot strike. Mid foot seemed a lot easier on my feet and calves, but might have a higher impact on knees
>>
>>860824
Why would you run barefoot? It's stones and shit all over the place.
>>
>>864429
If you gotta ask, than it's not for you.
>>
>>864460
That makes no sense though.
>>
File: IMG_0715.gif (2MB, 422x283px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0715.gif
2MB, 422x283px
>>864462
don't bother dude
they're worse than vegans
>>
>>863881

I love how you can tell sheltered an individual is just by what they think is a photo worthy injury
>>
>>864423
front
>>
File: dirty rotten whore.jpg (256KB, 1079x720px) Image search: [Google]
dirty rotten whore.jpg
256KB, 1079x720px
>>863881

I still have nerve damage in my heel from that rock landing on my leg, luckily it split in two on impact, otherwise I would have been looking at compound fractures.

check out the scratch on my thigh, breifcase sized rock confirmed.

>>864516
I've got AC and I stay at hotels when I go on vacation
>>
>>862908
>>862986
And the muscles in the foot aren't used nearly as much for controlling the foot as your calves and shins. And every tiny stabilizing muscle around the bottom of your legs.
>>
It's easier to stalk game barefoot. But actually jogging barefoot does not work on every surface. Too many pointy rocks.
>>
>>864933
you can sneak up of fish barefoot, it's crazy
>>
>>863304

Can you post another one with your ass up?
>>
id rather shit without toilet paper
>>
>>863782
Not all of us live in 3rd world literal shitholes, Pajeet.
>>
File: 084.jpg (67KB, 600x1250px) Image search: [Google]
084.jpg
67KB, 600x1250px
>>864065
>heel striking
>while barefoot
How can you still walk?
>>
>>869645
I try to be barefoot whenever I can, so my feet are used to it. No pain after one day
>>
>>860824
>Any Tips, suggestions?

Yes, It’s a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to.
>>
>>860824
Barefoot fag here.
I've been using the same pair of shoes for seven years, since they just don't wear out for how little i wear them (no shirt, no shoes, no service)

Apparently when you wear shoes, you walk differently.
I tend to walk on the front of my foot rather than my heel, which is mostly so that i can adjust the weight to various sections of my foot in case i step on anything sharp, like thorns or something.

Doing that all the time will make your feet and calves muscular, since you're using your whole foot as a spring to slowly apply the pressure of your body weight instead of rolling on your heel.
Your feet also toughen up a lot the more you go barefoot.
I can walk on snow, gravel, pinecones, hot asphalt and most other things without hurting my feet.

It's funny watching people that wear shoes trying not to hurt their feet walking on rough gravel.
Wearing shoes tends to make my feet hurt, even just sandals, though i'm not sure why.

Just keep your damn shoes off, all the time.
All the time. Socks too.
If your feet get cold, let them get cold.
If your feet get sore, let them be sore. They'll toughen up within the year.
>>
>>870713
based.
>>
File: barefoot.jpg (1MB, 2592x2912px) Image search: [Google]
barefoot.jpg
1MB, 2592x2912px
>>870733
I have no ankle, only more calf.
Keep in mind you're going to get very dirt feet after about five minutes, especially if you don't clean your floors regularly.

I've been outside busting wood today, so my feet are pretty dirty.
>>
>>870741
>I have no ankle, only more calf.
kek it's called a cankle

https://youtu.be/wtb8qJ0nW58
>>
>>864092
>My feet are more calloused than yours are and I wear shoes.
So, you're fat? Good for you. Go eat a cheeseburger (or bag of dicks if that's more your speed) and shut the fuck up.
>>
As a kid who was raised in the woods by arctic foxes, I had to learn barefootedness. The trick is to rub pine sap on your feet before you go out. The sap picks up dirt and dust and forms a flexible, fitted, shoe-like protective covering.
The only annoying part is taking it off, gotta use half a can of acetone to strip that shit off
>>
File: IMG_20161007_161635.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161007_161635.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
> barefoot
Dumb bastards.
>>
File: Moccasin_Shoe[1].jpg (4KB, 250x160px) Image search: [Google]
Moccasin_Shoe[1].jpg
4KB, 250x160px
>>871212
>this
I don't know where the fuck you fags live where this shit isn't a problem.
at this point I believe you're either autists walking around a city barefoot or you don't actually leave your house.

Even injunns covered their shit, going barefoot is retarded.
>>
>>871212
Goathead thorns fucking suck, but they mostly grow around abandoned lots. I've never found any in the sticks, just by old properties
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.