[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your /out/ goals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 46

File: bb.jpg (130KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
130KB, 768x960px
What are your /out/ goals?
>>
>>857932
Open ended, indefinite, round the world bicycle tour funded by blog and youtube videos.
>>
File: FILE0814_-L.jpg (123KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
FILE0814_-L.jpg
123KB, 800x600px
Try to not suck so much at snowmobiling.
>Pic related

Do more racing, either dirt or snow. Might give snowmobile hillclimb racing a shot this year.

Travel across Europe/Middle East on a motorcycle. See the pyramids, Darvaza gas crater, and enjoy some mountain twisties.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 275x183px
Just got hired as a parks worker here in nz so that's one down (19, been doing construction/storeman type jobs since leaving school) other one is get to a level of skill and emotional maturity where I can spend a month living self sufficiently off the land, at this point in fiordland.
>>
>>857932
>49
complete my bucket list of hikes before I age out of this hobby
>>
high sierra fa's
>>
File: 1239749.jpg (219KB, 502x349px) Image search: [Google]
1239749.jpg
219KB, 502x349px
Properly record wolves. It would be my Make-A-Wish were I to have such a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UfXrJ5KqlY
>>
File: 040818_dog_hmed_7a.grid-6x2.jpg (39KB, 474x426px) Image search: [Google]
040818_dog_hmed_7a.grid-6x2.jpg
39KB, 474x426px
Small goals.

I want to get the pointer in hiking shape and take her along with me on short day hikes as a start.
Ideally, she could carry her own water, but I'd rather carry it for her at this point.

She's a wacko. My parents turned her into a couch potato.

>>857952
Afraid of cagers
>>
To build a super shelter where I lure women there to rape and kill. Roast them on my bon fire to feed to my 14 dogs. If cops ever come on my property and I do the booga booga zippity zap and go to my underground shelter. They'll never find me.
>>
Avoiding all my 'friends' who are always like "oh Anon, we must hike together someday" because I know these fags will slow me and my wife down, fuck up the experience, talk all the time and will generally ruin a what would be wonderful hiking sunday with my wife.
>>
>>858038
Sounds just like everybody who says they always want to go fishing. I don't mind going fishing with other people, it's just annoying because they tell me every week they want to go then I hit them up on the weekend and they are busy. So I just gave up.

>>858035
You're in the right place my friend.
>>
>>858040
Yeah but here its turned around they really want to hike with us but I dont.
>>
>>858038
>>858042
gotta do what i'm doing anon:
>they drive my car to parking lot a
>i drive their car to parking lot b (2 days away from parking lot a)
>we meet in the middle, camp together, continue to our own cars and drive home
>>
File: K2.jpg (430KB, 1624x1080px) Image search: [Google]
K2.jpg
430KB, 1624x1080px
>>857932
K2. Nothing else compares.
>>
>>858054
>k2
>not rapidly turning into the same shitshow as everest

read pic related then find yourself a nice 25000 foot mountain that you can have all to yourself
>>
>>857932
To go /out/
>>
Through hike something
Visit every National Park before I die
>>
>>858100
> not watching 'Rock The Park' on TV

It's been done.
>>
>>857932
> to crush my enemies
> see them driven before me
> and hear the lamentation of thier women
>>
>>857993

Keep at it, young man.
>>
1. Complete both the AT and PCT, in chunks
2. See all of the national parks (I will do this once I have children, homeschool them for a year and travel to each one, like my parents did with me)
3. Circumnavigate the world in a sailboat
4. Hike across Japan
5. Touch every continent

My father is a big inspiration for me wanting to do this stuff. He was in the Navy for 30 years and has been to so many places, its mind-boggling. I want the same for me and my family.
>>
>>857994
Damn. I want to do this too now.
>>
Getting to camp somewhere where I don't have to be in predefined campgrounds and am allowed to have a campfire.
>>
File: IMGP0525.jpg (1MB, 2048x1355px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0525.jpg
1MB, 2048x1355px
>>858261
I'm campin out on my back acres tomorrow night broski. Hop on a plane from <the somewhere in Europe that you're from> and you're welcome to join! I got some noice teriyaki chiggin sticks marinating and there'll be beer!
>>
>>858263
I'm in Australia. Can't camp on any public ground and there's a basically universal fireban.
>>
>>858265
>Australia
Well that sucks, and I guess you won't be able to get here in time because the flight is like 30 hours
>>
File: DSC04648.jpg (3MB, 4365x2906px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04648.jpg
3MB, 4365x2906px
>>857959
what part of fiordland are you working in? I love that place. Pic from my Routeburn-Caples trip
>>
>>858232
It's a toughie. You gotta get travel far and get really lucky on top of it. I'll probably never pull it off.
>>
>>858265
Why are the abbos allowed to burn big sections of bush to hunt if no one else can build fires?
>>
Get more into hunting as a hobby.
Own land with various wildlife on it and build a log cabin there.
>>
>>857932
>ironwood national monument tucson az
>mount humphrey flagstaff az
>arkadia ranch 2017 may or august crecent valley NV
>>
I wanna cross south america by foot and get to argentina.
>>
Actually going /out/ again.
I don't do shit anymore aside from one or two small hunting trips every year.

Officially a welder in a month so I can think about stopping being poor as shit. I'm planning on doing a road trip in Montana and Wyoming during my next vacation.
>>
File: IMG_20151227_125131-1.jpg (245KB, 2048x1244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151227_125131-1.jpg
245KB, 2048x1244px
>>858406
> check

Overnighter in Jan.
>>
>>857932
To see how much cocaine I can smuggle in my 70 liter hikepack across the border
>>
>>857932
Hunt sheep above 10000ft
>>
>>858285
i live/work in chch, i intend to do the one month innawoods thing in fiordland is what I meant sorry anon, dope photo tho, how'd you find that one specifically? can never have to much info on good trails
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 553x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 553x484px
This
>>
>>857932
To find some place on EArth were I can fish and eat what I catch without fear of mercury, PCB, or ciguatera contamination/poisoning.
>>
>>858162
>It's been done.

Everything has been done before anon, so you may as well KYS I suppose.
>>
>>857932

Def not sit around with that many ppl while /out/ The more secluded I am the better the trip is.

>>858100
Did this. I was homeless for about five yrs, during that time I just hitch hiked and bicycle most of the U.S.
>>
>>858556
I have not ridden my quad on Mars yet, so kys.
>>
>>858556
I have not scuba dived Europa yet, so kys.
>>
>>858556
I have not hang glided off K2 yet, so kys.
>>
>>858556
I have not raped or been raped by bigfoot yet,s kys.
>>
>>858556
I have not hunted la chupacabra and eaten it's flesh roasted over open fire yet,so kys.
>>
>>858556
I have not had sew floating on a qn size air matress floating on Crater Lake, so kys.

> that one is a maybe
> maybe it's been done?
> doubtfull

Point is, IT HAS NOT ALL BEEN DONE /OUT/!

DARE TO DREAM!
>>
>>858608
> lol *sex.
So sew, for that matter!
>>
File: dog_tank_awake.gif (185KB, 132x111px) Image search: [Google]
dog_tank_awake.gif
185KB, 132x111px
Probably to camp a total of 300 times. I've camped about 150 nights before but due to work I haven't had the time for a few years.
>>
File: 3003.jpg (683KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3003.jpg
683KB, 1920x1080px
>>858719
well that's a shame. why 300 though?
>>
Thru hike the Appalachian trail( I start next year), thru hike the PCT in 2018, and then thru hike the CDT by 2020.
>>
>>858722
Literally just because it sounds cool. After that though I'll probably change it to 500 or something.
>>
My goal right now is to get an outdoors job where I can learn some actual out skills and not just tell tourists where the bathrooms are and shit. I have no skills whatsoever though and no education beyond 10th grade. So I'm thinking entry level forestry, range management, or invasive species control but I would also be down to do some sheepherding. I need to be alone for part of the time and have minimal social interaction. Gonna apply on Usajobs again but u had no luck doing that last year. My other out goal is wandering the earth and learning about the nature.
>>
>>858752
my suggestion is to talk to a real person in the kind of place you want to work, tell them what you want to do, and ask them how to be able to do it.
>>
>>857932
mine is to fly fish in japan. I fish a lot in alberta already. But I used to read about a japanese fly fisherman in the 70s and 80s who was one of the pioneers there and about his adventures with their various species of trout. Reminds me of me here.
>>
Having a couple buds to go /out/ with, we can bring some beer and I'll have an 1895GBL, and we can shoot the shit and enjoy nature. I just want company.

Where do I find such people lads
>>
>>857932
to leave the house
>>
>>857932
I want to be a glacier guide in Alaska next summer.

I've also thought about a thru-hike
>>
>>858261
>>858263

>Scotland
>Sweden

Places where you can go to camp freely anywhere you can pitch a tent
>>
>>858265

>Can't camp on any public ground

kek I've been doing that almost every weekend for the last three months mate
>>
File: DSC04766.jpg (4MB, 3820x2543px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04766.jpg
4MB, 3820x2543px
>>858536
I have only done Kepler and Routeburn + Caples in that area, but both were amazing and well worth it. I did them in offseason, so it was quite cheap aswell.
Pic is also Routeburn

If you can do the Milford and Gertrude Sattle, they are even better, as people told me, I just didn't have luck with the weather to do it the time I was there.

>>859130
These are my next holiday goals aswell, anyone got any recommendations as to what season is the best to go?
>>
>>857994
I feel like I'm someone who is annoyed by howling wolves and dogs... Like all that noise for what?..

Kinda like my aversion to monkeys... I swear it god I will travel somewhere with the little shits. And a 12 gauge and as much 00 buck I can carry.... And blast the little fuckers away.
>>
>>859155
Do you NZ guys ever pretend your a hobbit on a grand adventure... Cause fuck I would.... Lmao
>>
File: DSC04545.jpg (3MB, 3274x2180px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04545.jpg
3MB, 3274x2180px
>>859172
I'm not a kiwi actually, I was a dirty backpacker. But I heard of people buying a ring in Hobbiton and walking with it to Mt Doom.
I've also been called a Hobbit a few times, because I walked a lot of tracks barefoot
>>
Finding someone my age who lives near me who also likes hiking/camping
>>
File: Sweden.jpg (5MB, 5472x3648px) Image search: [Google]
Sweden.jpg
5MB, 5472x3648px
I kinda want to go to backpack in sweden for a few months as soon as i turn 20.
>>
>>859133
I'm too close to where there are fucking rangers.
>>
File: IMG_20160312_175207.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160312_175207.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>857932
Drive every gravel road in Iceland in my 1962 Corvair Monza 900 Spyder convertable and find a hot Icelandic qt to ride bitch in it.

Oc pic related.
>>
>>859170
well, at least howling is a lot less aggravating than hectic shrieking chattering monkeys. additionally, you're unlucky to ever see a yoat or wolf, as they stay far away from people. monkeys will piss on your lap, steal your sandwich and gangfuck your wife
>>
File: Okapi_1901.jpg (758KB, 977x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Okapi_1901.jpg
758KB, 977x1116px
Posted in another thread, but I want to spend some time in Democratic Republic of Congo trying to photograph a wild okapi.
>>
>>857932

>Short term
Climb to every peak in the ranges of UT, where was born, raised, live.
Do a solo week long camp / hike
learn to not suck ass at fishing

>Long term
buy land and build a cabin. I'd like to have a few acres at least, inna woods or as rural as possible - willing to go out of state for this one because there isn't too much land in Utah that's appealing, pretty much the only remaining real estate is down south in the desert.
>>
>>858054
I'd like to make the trip to the base camp at the bottom and then marvel at the Karakorams while the nutters make the trip and likely die. The view from the base is good enough for me.
>>
>>860406
>Congo
Yikes dude.
>>
>>860623
> while I look down at you from the basecamp at the top

Pleb.
>>
To own 40+ acres of fertile land with either some lake or river running through. (Which could cost millions)
Build a small compound/ranch on about 10 acres of that land and have the rest to fish and hunt.
>>
Spend an overnighter alone

Tried once before but chickened out

Gonna try again this weekend

wish me luck
>>
>>861485
what general vicinity? is it dangerous at night or do you just suffer from the spoops?
>>
>>861511
I'm in mid sweden so basically nothing to fear

sometimes someone spots a wolf or something in my province but that's pretty much it

last time I was still kinda close to town and I was afraid that kids from bad neighbourhoods closeby might be in the woods but it was unfounded

this time Im going much further, far away from the city along a trail that goes through the province
>>
Do some solo overnight camping in deep woods.
Learn to belay ropes.
Get WFA certified.
Become a 46er.

Anyone have any #1 rules for solo camping?
>>
>>857932

Starting a forest garden for my own pleasure while also earning side money from produce (both edibles, plants and christmas trees)
Want to create a leafy and a piney section and optimally there will be a small river going through it and/or there will be a or more small lakes for fishery for water management and wet-area plants + fish.
Also small amounts of easy animals like sheep (native species of course)

Always wanted to start a farm, by after finding out about permaculture and forest gardening a couple of years back my plans have solidified greatly, I plan on buy either an old farm or open land in spring next year
>>
>>857932
just to get /out/ more, and get my friends /out/ with me. being stuck at uni sucks
>>
get about 3 to 7 sc/out/'s and buy this

http://www.landinalaska.com/DETAILS.ASPX?FILE=K091
>>
>>857932
Recover from my pelvis fracture, muscle and ligament tears then learn how to ski. Then go cross country skiing and ice fishing with my grandma.
>>
File: CRW_0026.jpg (3MB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CRW_0026.jpg
3MB, 1152x1536px
>>861517
well that sounds cool. i hope you do it soon, it's a lot of fun. i did my first solo cambin trip (aka "vision quest") in 2010 and haven't looked back. i've had my share of spoopy occurrences though, so you always have to be level-headed and cautious, but it's incredibly rewarding and fun.
>>
>>857932
>Climb all 14ers in Colorado, Mt Rainier, then Mt Denali
No plans after those. Never gonna do anything crazy like K2 or Everest. Nuptse maybe, but we'll see.

Problem is I live in Kentucky now. Moving to Alabama in December for graduate school, then I may have a job lined up in Florida. Gonna be hard, but I think I can do it.

Non mountaineering: I'd like to do the AT, PCT, and continental divide(?) trail. Not continuous hike throughs though.
>>
File: feel.png (9KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feel.png
9KB, 645x773px
>tfw this board is making you insecure about wanting to live in a little rural house and grow vegetables
every time I see another thread started by some retarded 20 year old with an existential crisis and a copy of Walden I feel a little less different than them
>>
>>857952
Do you have any youtube/blog videos you could suggest?
>>
Hiking the Scandinavian part of the E1, maybe add the rest later in little segments. Also finnish my Crossing of the alps, as I have done only the first part.
>>
>>859155
Scotland is good year round, but rain is a near constant risk.
>>
>>858035
Could you describe
>I do the booga booga zippity zap
In greater detail?

I have a rape hovel built and an underground hideout but I don't really have plans for what I'd do if the cops showed up.
>>
File: black money.jpg (4MB, 4608x3072px) Image search: [Google]
black money.jpg
4MB, 4608x3072px
Living here in the heart of the most remote end of the Lake District, waking up in the early morning trialrunning early morning with my greyhound, wild swimming in Buttermere and Thirlmere.
Reading philosophy infront of a woodburner stove looking out over grasmere, spending my weekends in my kayak or scrambling the nearest fell. Taking out my mondraker summon pro team to the local tracks and hitting some killer gaps. Flying out to serbia to take out my own personal OT-64 into the mud with a group of mates spending the night fireside under the serbian moonlight chipping at a kendal mint cake
>>
There is a small island on a public lake near me that no one seems to know about. I want to build a small survival shelter there for me and the lads
>>
>>861868
People definitely know about it. You probably just never run into them. If its a public lake in a semi-urban setting, people know about it.
>>
>>857932
Thru-hike the AT. Plans are in motion as I speak to start out in March so it's a dream I might actually see to completion
>>
>>858799
Grab your case of beer. Go into the forest, and wait. They will come.
>>
>>860871
For fishing that makes sense, but do you really know how much land is in 40 acres? Not really an area to hunt on unless you're just sitting in a tree stand hoping something wanders onto your property. Maybe you're just hunting squirrels or something idk. Not trying to be an asshole.
>>
>>861518
Don't get got.
>>
all i really want is to find a qt to camp with
>tfw live in a big city and have to travel to the countryside
>tfw all the local hiking groups are full of old people and couple
end me
>>
File: geeps_yourself.png (34KB, 481x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_yourself.png
34KB, 481x195px
>>861518
>>862480
This. I got got once. I didn't want to get get but got got. I'll never get got again god dammit. Guh.
>>
>>857987
l have seen people in their sixties on portages in out backcountry camping. You still have time
>>
>>858719
>>858722
Maybe bump it up to 365 nights? That is a full year. Kind of makes more sense for a number but you are right that it wouldn't sounds as cool
>>
>>858508
So about 70l
>>
>>858815
Go to valdez, they have several glacier tours that are based there
>>
>>866014
I have a long list
>>
>>858767
Fly fishing anon from Utah here.
Sounds like a comfy goal
Once I'm not so poor, I'd like to fly fish all over the US and canada. It's a big long term goal, but I think I'll be good enough in a few years to start said goal by going to idaho, montana, the Pacific Northwest and so on.
Small goal would be to catch a sizeable trout/fish that weighs 10-20 pounds.
>>
>>857932

spreading non native species of plants, animals, etc into areas where they become invasive
>>
>>858752
>no education beyond 10th grade
why? Do you have a GED?
>>
Kill a bear with just a knife
>>
I want to kick over 50 cairns
>>
>>866032
Well I'll probably enjoy a bit along the way. It's not called marching powder for no reason.
>>
>>857932

To find the sacred mushroom grove and cave complex that's meant to be around "here" somewhere
>>
I want to find a spruce grouse and try to pick it up.
>>
>>867063
what's your current cairns kdr?
>>
File: 1438202368624.png (530KB, 668x504px) Image search: [Google]
1438202368624.png
530KB, 668x504px
>>857994
this is eerie as fuck
>>
>>858038
>when my psycho cunt roommate tells me how much she loves hiking and i should let her know next time i go

>mfw i post pictures that she can see on facebook and she doesn't say shit to me about it

i'm preparing to explain to her why i won't take her if she asks me. she's maybe the most negative person i've ever met. talks way too fucking much in circles, and it's never about anything that doesn't make me wanna tear my eyes out.

i've yet to have a negative experience in the mountains because of a person and i'm trying to keep it that way by going alone or by being very careful with who decide to invite.
>>
>>867155
>Take her hiking
>She "accidentally" falls down a cliff face
>dindunuffin.jpg
>>
>>858556
I have not used a blimp to fly across the world yet, so kys.
>>
get drunk with goatmen innawoods
>>
>>867104
it's beautiful innit
>>
>>867169
very
>>
>>857932

Honestly, as someone who's slowly been getting into /out/ more and more, and who recently acquired a girlfriend who's family has some untouched land in central TX that had me camping for the first time in years, my current /out/ goal is to go proper camping for a few days. Not "10 minutes from a road, 30 minutes to the nearest town but we're still in the woods" camping, but "you have to live on nothing but what you walked in with on your back and/or or what you catch/cook" for at least a week. Just to see if I can do it.
>>
>>857994
I'm so glad now that we don't have wolves here in Australia
>>
File: image.png (487KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
487KB, 640x1136px
>>867537

Yeah, you fuckers have enough to worry about

(Two days ago's news)
>>
>>857932
>What are your /out/ goals?
prison
>>
>>857932
Catch bigger salty fish.
Master the fly rod.
Get camping once it cools off again (Floridian)
>>
To be able to survive by myself with nothing but my wits and my gear.

I'm leaving my country, and my comfort zone, in 108 days and I'm not sure when I'll be back. I'm heading to Asia to work on a farm for a year to strengthen myself and learn how to live self sustainably. I'm bringing a chosen mix of my /out/ gear so that I can live innawoods after that in whatever countries I plan on visiting after. I hope to find good fishing spots.
>>
>>867546
>for the second time
>>
File: dgnwSKs.jpg (427KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
dgnwSKs.jpg
427KB, 2000x1333px
>>857932
I'm planning on a nomadic lifestyle once I graduate college. Turns out this math degree is pretty much pointless because I've never wanted to be an office slave anyway. In the summers I want to travel around America exploring national parks and shit. In the winters I would likely find somewhere to settle down and try to work at different ski resorts or just find a shitty job if that fails. I figure without paying rent and utilities and shit I'd easily be able to feed myself and my car and still be able to save up for snowboard gear and emergencies. I already have an old crappy tent trailer I've started to renovate and then I'll just need a tow hitch on my car.

Depending on how my college shit works out I might get a decent paying job and live the normie life for a year or two before this so I can save up to do it right. I know this part is a bit far fetched, but I'd love to drop a fat electric motor into a pickup and just live off solar power during my journey cause fuck gas.

Anyone here tried the nomadic life? How'd it work out, what problems did you face?
>>
>>857932
Live off the land for a longer period of time.

Plant identification could use some work.

Learn to coerce the local wild life into putting out some pussy.
>>
>>868750
Wich Asian country were you planning? Sounds pretty hc :D
>>
>>857932
Definitely AT thru hike, or at least partial thru hike
>>
>>868860
I've found an organic farm run by a nice, elderly couple in Japan, so that's where I'm starting out.

For me it feels like the right decision. I don't desire a well paying job, a big house, a fancy car, and so on. I want to be myself and be at peace with the world.
>>
Build a house on my block in Tasmania's south then kayak starting from the river it's on all the way around, slow time, stopping where and when I want, for as long as I want. Thinking of doing it anticlockwise thus I'll get the west coast wilderness at the end.

But before all that in a year and a half hike the Te Araroa thinking north to south, but that's all dependant on when I can take my long service leave
>>
>>869189

Also probably do sections of the bicentennial national trail as training, when I have the time
>>
>>857932
I'll be going to Malaysia to work for at least a year to work with a rainforest research camp. I'll literally be /out/ for 365 days straight.
My goal is to never pussy out and stay /in/ camp because I'm tired, which happened embarrassingly frequently in my last field work role.
>>
Being comfy in the outdoors with a qt gf
>>
Buy a Sako .308, move to New Zealand and start hunting, in no particular order.
>>
>>857994
Fuck, that's badass. I wish I lived where there was enough wilderness to support large predators like tgat. The wild just doesn't seem very wild around here...
>>
i want to fuck a black girl in a tent then have corn on da cob
>>
I wish I could do more /ou/ shit but sadly I can't... (Live in fucking Miami) I just want to go hiking, camping, hunting, and exploring. I wish I had my own woods behind my house, and all that nice stuff.

Probably gonna have to move in the near future if I want to enjoy this.

What's a good place to enjoy this type of stuff?
>>
>>857932
Fuck in top of a mountain
>>
File: 1441160189427.jpg (139KB, 1012x1387px) Image search: [Google]
1441160189427.jpg
139KB, 1012x1387px
>>869555
>>
>>857952
Hey same here!
I'm already underway on my 2nd tour soon of the USA.
>>
to have sex with my smelly girlfriend after one week of backpacking trip right before the pass before end of hike.

Unfortunately, she always clean herself every time. i begged her to be smelly and she went like EEEEWWWW

I begged her to stop shaving. It didn't work.
>>
establish a stockpile in the Victorian alps for when SHTF which i'm convinced it will within the next decade. Speaking of would it be viable to live in a cave/mine if I can't build my own place out there in time?
>>
>>859476
>corvair
>spyder

nice. I helped my dad work on a '63 that we traded for a '67 convertible
>>
>>871956
Yes but if it is a mine remember to reinforce the supports and rodents will be a constant problem for food supplies
>>
Make enough money on the stock market to take a year off work and backpack from coast to coast.
>>
>>858217
Marry me. I'm a geologist that has to travel a lot for my job but I'm willing to save up enough to just say fuck it and out my job on hold for a year at a time.
>>
>>872136
the the most romantic (gay?) proposal I have ever seen.
Imagine telling your kids about this post in the future
>>
File: Bariloche_view.jpg (921KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bariloche_view.jpg
921KB, 1366x768px
Doing my first serious outting in january (southern hemisphere, so summer)

Gonna go trekking in the forests of western patagonia. I'm still too green to sleep outside, but most of the day I'm gonna be walking deep in the wilderness.

Pic related. This is where I'm going (actually the place is villa la angostura, but the environment is the same) . Feels good man.
>>
>>858040
OMG, are you me? Jk, I'm not a massive fucking Pepsi Faggot. I hope you know people like you are why 911 happened, you fucking Jews never learn do you? Pic related, it's you.
>>
find comfort sleeping naked in the snow and bathing in volcanic magma
>>
Be able to do whatever I want in the woods without needing to worry about buying land from the government or obeying other people's stupid laws.
>>
>>857932
Stop getting blisters everytime I go out like a pussy I am :(
>>
>>869115
how do you find out about jobs and places like this?
>>
>>873187
get new socks
>>
>>873218
Google WWOOF or workaway.
>>
I'm going to try and turn my couch potato wife onto hiking. Gonna start soon with a trip to pictured rocks. hoping the cool weather will generate some nice opportunity for coziness.
>>
>>869752
You live right fucking next to the glades. I had some of the greatest /out/ experiences of my life out there. It can be s little daunting at first, but they have classes to get started.
>>
just started computer science in university and met this hot girl who said she likes going out. today she told me she already climed Mont Blanc. So there's my goal
>>
Cut enough wood that I don't freeze to death, that's it.
>>
>>857932

I want to build a tree house.
>camping
>in a tree

I suck at friction fires and cartography.

Befriend and go on leet fishing trips with a sasquatch.
>>
>>858263
where are you at? i live in California but that spot looks comfy.
>>
File: IMG_20160312_174427.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160312_174427.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>871973
Thanks. My old one was a '63 Spyder, but after 28 years and 1000's of miles, I sold her.

I'm predicting that a ragtop in Iceland may not be practcal, but I still want to drive it untill the wheels fall off!

Currently at 40k ORIGINAL miles!

> the 'Vair, it's a thing
>>
>>857952
Nice, I've only done a 500km bicycle tour.

If you have any questions, let me know.
>>
>>873936
I'm in MA mang. Camping again tomorrow night too! It's all colorful and autumny now, and a bit brisk. Still nice but a different kind of comfy.
>>
>>873944
Don't mean to hijack this thread but '64 spyder ragtop here.
>>
>>857932
Forget about my /in/ life.
>>
>>864431
how did you get got and how do you plan on never getting got again?
>>
>>871900
>having a girlfriend
consider yourself lucky
>>
>>871900
What did I just read?
>>871956
Where would you plan on doing that?
3029 reporting in. I have a holiday house up at 3723 tho
>>
>>861845
What a sad little life you live.
>>
>>873370
Man the glades are a fucking pain in the ass. Lots of things that want to kill you.
I would like to be in the woods and mountains and shit.
>>
- multi day hike alone
- hear wolves howling
- see a bear
- climb a mountain
- learn to hunt
>>
I'm heading to Japan for a year, and I have a lot of little things I want to do.

>bathe in a natural hot spring that isn't commercialized
>make a seafood gumbo from crabs, mussels, fish, and seaweed caught at the coast
>make a bow and some nice kitchenware (chopsticks, spoon, pallet) out of bamboo

It's gonna be great.
>>
File: IMG_20160312_181946.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160312_181946.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>875209
No. Let's highjack it! You have a very nice interior. Resto?

My last shot of my '63 Spyder before I sold it. I just love those lines!

A ragtop is most /out/ car.
>>
>>857932
Go on an overnight hike with my dog, we've only done day trips so far.
>>
>>857959
>parks worker
What kind of skills and knowledge do you need to get that job?
>>
>>875456
The seats were recovered by previous owner also a paint respray years ago as well. Currently getting a front end rebuild also going to do a disc brake conversion on the front as well but it's a rock-solid little car
>>
Learn how to swim.
>>
File: IMG_20150206_181532.jpg (940KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150206_181532.jpg
940KB, 2048x1536px
>>875516
I'd like ti tighten up the frontend on my '62, inspite of only 40k, it's got a wooble at "high" speed.

I'll check out the disk brake conversion, I hadn't heard of that yet.

Still, it's all original and I like that.
>>
File: IMAG2047.jpg (967KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2047.jpg
967KB, 1520x2688px
Get back in shape to climb some of the cascades next spring and summer. I did a few last year, but this year I had a fuck ton of stressful shit heaped on me. I gained 35lbs and started smoking again. Now I struggle with day hikes.

I'm 3 weeks into training again and I think I'll be ready by then if I can keep focused
Pic is me on Middle Sister, OR. I feel like a piece of shit whenever I look at it so it's a good motivation
>>
>>857932
Fuck bitchez get money... As usual
>>
>>875697
> lame as hell poser
>>
File: evogreenfields1.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
evogreenfields1.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>857932
More of a /fit/ goal than an /out/ goal, but I just want to lose enough weight to actually go /out/.
I want to get comfy and head up into the Santa Monica mountains, but I currently look like the younger brother of Randy fucking Bobandy with a big jewish ass.

It's a struggle, but I want to join you, /out/.

Have a wallpaper for my bullshit.
>>
>>858556
I haven't made a fleshlight out of a mixture of fruit bat and squirrel meat yet.
>>
To hunt an animal with an arrow I crafted from stick, stone and feather from a bow I crafted by similar means and cook the meat over a fire started with foraged flint, tinder and wood chopped by an axe made myself. It would be seasoned with herbs grown or scavenged by myself while the hide tans.
>>
To find the female Bigfoot and successfully mate with it.
>>
File: 1454592350043.jpg (9KB, 300x194px) Image search: [Google]
1454592350043.jpg
9KB, 300x194px
>>857932
>what are my /out/ goals?
acquire a gf
>>
>>857932
Getting laid?
>>
>>857932
Look at everyone acknowledging the cold, except for that whore not being willing to relinquish her only source of influence and value.
>>
>>879488
the fuck ya talkin about?
>>
6000m above sea level
(20000 ft for you imerialfags)
>>
>>860646
>while i look down at you from my icy grave forever
Fixed that for you anon, no need to thank me
>>
>>879585
secks you mean?
>>
File: NatureofSweden.jpg (428KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
NatureofSweden.jpg
428KB, 1024x768px
>>859188
I've been there a couple of times with friends.
If you're thinking about going in the summer you should go in early or late summer to avoid mosqito season.
You should also aim your trip pretty far north to get away from normal civilization.
Otherwise Sweden is great because of their "allemansrätten" law, which makes it possible to sleep almost wherever you want in the nature.
Pic related: One of the many camps from the Sweden trips
>>
>>868750
87 days.

I'm still here. Working literally every day to save up money.
>>
>>857932
Next year in june I am going on a 4 day hike. Doing 31 miles per day.
>>
To taste as many animals/fish/plants mushrooms as I can
>>
File: bear.png (132KB, 380x496px) Image search: [Google]
bear.png
132KB, 380x496px
>to take a gf camping
>tfw 27 and never gf
>no one to camp with
>no one to fish with
>losing interest fast
>>
>>861828
do the entire thing pussy
>>
File: 1447623640360.jpg (1MB, 1248x1872px) Image search: [Google]
1447623640360.jpg
1MB, 1248x1872px
I want to complete the appalachian trail, I dont care how long I just want to do it all in one go.
I also want to live in a nice town in either Oregon or Maine, whatever is better for /out/. Currently in bong land.
>>
To go out of my house.
>>
>>875492
Id also like to know cause I'm leaving school soon
>>
>>859155
>>861835
I prefer Scotland in the winter, if you go into the highlands then there's usually more chance of snow than rain, and there's no midges around.
>>
File: gjmm.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
gjmm.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
>>875526
>>
File: image.jpg (231KB, 1000x660px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231KB, 1000x660px
Climb dawn wall
>>
>>857932
Month long primitive survival in Gates of the Arctic National Park
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.