[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>global warming is showing no signs of stopping >soon enough,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 38

File: AUBNbOJ.png (240KB, 291x393px) Image search: [Google]
AUBNbOJ.png
240KB, 291x393px
>global warming is showing no signs of stopping
>soon enough, reliable, long snow seasons will be gone
>countries which are already hot will become deserts

All because the fucking normies "need" their big house, big car, huge amounts of electricity, shit shipped from around the world, etc. And don't even get me started on industrial fucks, these pieces of shit literally just fucking dump shit /out/doors because it's cheap.

We are more and more alienated from each other every single year, and all of the comfy /out/ places are being fucking destroyed by civilization.
>>
Found on /n/
We are already to far gone to be saved. The universe we inhabit is the one where we failed and everything ends up going to shit. It's not that bad though; it could be much worse but it is hopeless still to try and fix everything. Just ride it out and know that in some alternative universe it doesn't suck
>>
>>857737
>global warming
>>
>global warming

Come on, man.
>>
you are now aware that most races ever existed went extinct. humans are not superior to other races. we will not endure time.
>>
>>857737
Trolling/"IT DOESNT REAL" aside, can anyone tell me what is actually so bad about global warming? Sure, a lot of plant and animal species will be fucked, but does anyone really believe humans, who are currently comfortably living everywhere from the subarctic to Dubai, will not be able to adapt to the changes?
>>
>>857775
This is idiotic. None of those races had technological civilization. Our sample size for the survival length of a sentient species isn't even one.
>>
>>857789
>None of those races had technological civilization

prove it. Pro tip: you cant
>>
>>857788
it doesn't exist. and if it did, just like you said, we would adapt.

the only increase in tempature over the last 30 is noaa and nasa satelite data, which has been shown to be artificially inflated.

there are emails about how much to adjust the temps. because the base temps did not go up.

global warming is a huge scam for tax dollars. and even if it did exist, we would survive.
>>
>>857800
Link to emails?
>>
>>857737
>there are emails about how much to adjust the temps. because the base temps did not go up.
source?
>>
>>857800
Oh good, emails. Crisis averted
>>
>>857788
There is some impact of humans. A lot of coastal areas would flood. Some island nations may even completely submerge.
Also there would be a large impact on agriculture. Poorer countries may be affected disproportionately.

Most importantly though we should be protecting the planet for its own sake, not for our sake.
>>
>>857737
>niggers and sand niggers will die of thirst
global warming best day of my life.

shame about egyptians i guess.
>>
>higher temps means more evaporation in the oceans
>somehow it will get drier
explain this op
>>
>>857737
Calm down, OP. Climate change is certainly bad but we're not talking 'Mad Max' levels of bad here.

>>857788
The proper terminology is 'climate change' FYI. Global warming is some sensationalist bullshit sputtered by politicians back during a time when scientific understanding of this process was far more limited than it is today.

But to give a brief outline, there is unanimous scientific consensus that climate change is occurring (refer to the IPCC 2013 report) and that it is the result of anthropogenic influences due to human activity. Some of the immediate effects include the rising of sea levels through polar ice melt and thermal expansion leading to damage of coastal areas and the increase in frequency and intensity of heavy precipitation events. This can prove harmful to agricultural development as crops (at least here in the U.S.) may be damaged by frequent heavy precipitation events especially early in the growing season.

>>857800
This is almost certainly bait.
>>
File: 1464457293956.jpg (161KB, 500x786px) Image search: [Google]
1464457293956.jpg
161KB, 500x786px
>>857737
>be me
>MSc. in Environmental Science
>Sat on a review panel for the last IPCC reports regarding Oceanography
>Background in inorganic and organic carbon cycles
>Background in satellite hyperspectral radiometry
>Watched Al Gore speak in person- was literally the best comedy I heard in some time
>Literally laugh my carbon off when I see these stupid threads in /out/ and /pol/ started by some ignorant, uppity mofo on his soap box
>Some of you people cannot grasp (by ignorance or refusal) that irrespective of some minute (serious stress on the word here) anthropogenic forcing, the Earth is still very much coming out of an ice age and will continue to warm
>People still don't understand that atmospheric CO2 is not correlated to ocean or land temperature
>People still don't understand that atmospheric CO2 is not acidifying the oceans
>People still don't understand that the earth is very good at doing what it does, both organic and inorganic and dealing with both positive and negative feedback loops

I digress though, while the Earth will continue to warm for the next several thousand years with no fucks given, the real problem is population densities: land area, along with over production of things like plastics and poly's that take forever and a day to break down.

Pro Tip: Stop focusing on CO2 and start paying attention to Methane. Methane lb for lb will fuck some serious shit up. Stay classy.
>>
>>857862
>Most importantly though we should be protecting the planet for its own sake, not for our sake.
why.
exactly.
>>
>>857788
The real issue is going to be desertification of large amounts of agricultural land, and acidification of the oceans.

Oh, and expect storms to be much, much worse, especially in coastal areas.
>>
>>857885
God has gifted humanity the Earth and we are to serve as its custodians not its owners.
>>
>>857887
heh
>>
Honestly there'd always be life on earth no matter what we do to fuck it up, as long as its still a planet it'll have some sort of life.

Would just be interesting to see how tho
>>
>>857881
>>People still don't understand that atmospheric CO2 is not acidifying the oceans
firstly, I'm calling bullshit on you sitting on the review panel for the IPCC reports regarding Oceanography. But can you cite some literature to back this claim up, that CO2 isnt acidifying the oceans?
>People still don't understand that the earth is very good at doing what it does, both organic and inorganic and dealing with both positive and negative feedback loops
this really makes me doubt your credibility and veracity of your post, because it doesnt really make any sense and can easily be disproved in many systems.

>>857886
pretty much this too.
some of the main problems of global warming are that its going to dramatically change what food systems are viable and what ones arent. This is going to be quite disruptive socially, especially in or near areas already undergoing/ threatened by desertification. Its going to lead to the need for large scale human migration (unless we supply 100% of peoples diet from non-local sources) in many areas. Unfortunately, the countries which have benefited least from the industrial revolution and excessive releasing of greenhouse gases are the ones which will most likely be affected. If you're in any first world nation, you're probably not going to be that adversely affected (unless you're a farmer / not including extreme weather events).

Its pretty crazy that science is such a partisan issue. But I guess thats what happens when free market fundementalists have their core philosophy threatened by environmental science
>>
>>857881

>Graduate Degree in Environmental Science
>Doesn't understand global warming

What correspondence school did you attend?
>>
I really wish climate change has not turned into a political platform. You got one side denying it and the other side screaming the sky is falling were in real life it's somewhere in the middle.

Yes we should be making changes but no we shouldn't kill our industry over it. Look at Ford moving plants to Mexico, it's to avoid EPA regs.
>>
>>857927
>Look at Ford moving plants to Mexico, it's to avoid EPA regs.
and unemployment, osha, unions, social security, paying high wages etc.
>>
>>857788
at 4+ degrees ocean plankton will stop producing oxygen, it currently produces much more than trees
>>
>>858045
Wait what? Fuck, how will algae fare? Cyanobacteria?
>>
>>858030
True the EPA stuff is one piece of the pie but it is indeed a piece. So all this feel good EPA stuff in the states just drives factories out and make pollution in a different part of the world.
>>
>>857788
yeah it's not really an issue or actually beneficial for our long term survival. seeing we are in a fucking ice age i don't see how global warming could be a problem in the next few ten thousand years.
>>858045
to warm the oceans a +4 degrees we would need a lot more heat in the atmo tho. what would happen is an algae liking a specific temperature would simply relocate further towards the poles. cucknugget!
>>
>>857870
>rising of sea levels through polar ice melt
you do know that earth in it's normal state does not have polar ice caps right? it's a special period called glacial period.
>>
>>857881
>Stop focusing on CO2 and start paying attention to Methane. Methane lb for lb will fuck some serious shit up.
if only you knew how much frozen methane is in the seas... and guess how it got there. mother earth got this shit stay calm nigga.
>>
>>858046
Probably very species and system dependent.

>>858095
>you do know that earth in it's normal state does not have polar ice caps right? it's a special period called glacial period.
This kind of shit is not only partially incorrect, but its straight up irrelevant, and its painful that people keep sprouting it thinking its meaningful.

Current standards of living and global populations are reliant on many factors including our climate and current sea levels. If through anthropogenic forces we are speeding up climate change which will vastly increase the speed in which the ice caps melt and our sea level rises, then we are actively choosing to put short term economic benefits above long term economic sense and social needs.
>>
>>857870
if you could refute any of it you would.

I don't feel like looking it up. but there have been 2 seperate email scandals that proved changing climate data.

the ocean level has receded on the east coast over the last 50 years.

the arctic regions have increasing ice over the last 10 years.

but please, tell me more about how I don't beleive in science. you know, verifiable facts based on expirements.
>>
File: ArcticIceextent1953-2010.jpg (49KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
ArcticIceextent1953-2010.jpg
49KB, 500x370px
>>858115
if you want to be a flat earther then sure, go ahead m8.

>emails
independent inquiries have proven that while they werent as open as they should have been, whatever happened _wasn't_ unethical, immoral, unscientific, or affect the IPCC reports conclusions

>the arctic regions have increasing ice over the last 10 years.
my weight has gone down over the month too, but on the all I would say thats not the trend.

>the ocean level has receded on the east coast over the last 50 years.
got anything to back that up?
>>
>>858123
except that the emails proved thry inflsted thr data.

I am not lying. google it yourself or remain ignorant. faggot.

there is literally no proof for global.warming. NONE!
>>
>>857737
Like george carlin said the world is fine, we are fucked. If you believe that we are causing global (insert meme) you're fucking retarded. There's a reason meteroligists and scientists change their mind on the subject more than Bruce Jenner changes sexes (all they have is theories and propaganda). Kill yourself.
>>
The earth will go through its ice age and warming periods regardless of human influence. Humans are stupid for attempting to control the climate of the earth. Although I agree that people littering and polluting pisses me off, the theory that we are going to somehow influence or stop global warming is generally very autistic.
>>
1) Global warming is not man made
2) The way the earth looks has nothing to do with anything, the earth has no opinion of humans or our dirtiness, which is a value we assign ourselves
3) assigning guilt to yourself after youve assigned the earth an opinion is top tier delusional thinking, the earth doesnt hate humas its incapable of that and ultimately humans being alive is totally optional and the earth wont notice because its just a fucking rock
4)if you dont believe humans could engineer and overcome even 200 degree or negative 200 degree weather I have news for you
5) ill take anything that provides incentive for space travel

Ah, environmental hippies, making sure the earth looks nice according to their own personal opinions since forever

We arent required to take care of the earth and the earth isnt required to take care of us and we'll be gone much earlier than the earth, we probably wont even have any evidence of us being on earth in a million years
>>
>2016
>believeing global warming

c'mon

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2014/02/24/the-period-of-no-global-warming-will-soon-be-longer-than-the-period-of-actual-global-warming/#7bcc57268bf0
>>
File: 1470957707970.jpg (27KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470957707970.jpg
27KB, 800x600px
>>858143
>can't spell
>can't provide a fucking source
>keeps repeating the same idiotic memes again and again
>>
>>858098
>This kind of shit is not only partially incorrect, but its straight up irrelevant, and its painful that people keep sprouting it thinking its meaningful.
uh oh... so scientists are dumb especially geologists and archeologists... creationist faggot get off my fucking internet!
>Current standards of living and global populations are reliant on many factors including our climate and current sea levels.
ask the dutch how much trouble they have with sea levels!
>climate change which will vastly increase the speed in which the ice caps melt and our sea level rises
we are in a fucking ice age the earth is getting cooler and cooler over millions of years and approaching a whiteout in a million years maybe. a little global warming would do the biosphere great good.
>>
>>857887
Read the relevant part of the bible before talking about what god commanded. (Genesis)
>>
The problem is the rate the earth is warming up, its never been so fast. People are right about feedback loops which keep things in balance, but natural greenhouse gas sinks will probably not adapt fast enough to keep up with the positive feedback mechanisms. Remember, we re burning carbon sinks that took hundreds of millions of years to be created in just decades. The permafrost took up carbon for so many years untill its melting or we re putting the land dry and it gets in the atmosphere as methane in just a few decades. Sink mechanisms are slow and wont keep up with what we do. There might be a critical point of no return and we dont know the concequences so why risk it? We need alternative energy sources anyways for when we burned up everything in a couple hundred of years so why not speed up technology and not waste money on building dykes instead. Its better for the ecosystems too which have indirect economical value. You have to be a retard to be against fighting global warming, even if you dont believe in it
>>
>>858221
> ask the dutch in 53
> ask bangladesh if they can spare a dime
>>
>people think that just because the left wing believes in climate change that they have to toe the line of their side of politics and deny it
Please stop.
>>
>>858221
>ask the dutch how much trouble they have with sea levels!
Here is what the Dutch (Deltacommissie) has to say about climate change.

"Global warming due to increased greenhouse gas emissions and the fact that this
warming will have consequences for sea level and the weather is virtually beyond
dispute now. However, there is still a great deal of uncertainty about the severity
and rate of climate change, as well as the magnitude of the consequences."

Netherlands also has the most advanced coastal defense in the world and are increasing the size of their dykes in order to prepare for sea level rise. They expect sea levels to rise by 0.65 to 1.3 m by the end of the century and 2 to 4 m by 2200.

The largest problems caused by sea level rise will be in countries that don't have the money for adequate coastal defense (see Bangladesh and poor island nations).
>>
>>858274
yup they will just drop a few bags on top of their dams and stuff if the sea rises truly. my point is you can protect any coast if you really want to. we are not even talking about anti-kaiju walls.
>>
>>857737
<global warming is caused by humans
<not naturally occurring phenomena
><
>>
>>857737
>long snow seasons will be gone
so i should get rid of my snow camo & snowshoes then?
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>857737

>global warming

Let me guess you wear socks with sandals, eat trail mix unironically and drive a Subaru
>>
>>858457
Hey man trail mix is good... Onna trail.
>>
>>858457
GORPS is pretty good shit.
>>
File: 7F4sYNc.png (72KB, 1448x1795px) Image search: [Google]
7F4sYNc.png
72KB, 1448x1795px
>>857788
Yeah, it pretty much only negatively affects some Sahel zone nigs, so who cares (pic related how I feel), and why should I pay yet another extra tax on petrol and electricity just so unreliable sources such as photovoltaics can get funded and subsided out the ass?
>>
The worst part of global warming is we had three cold summers in a row. If it gets any worse the crops will fail
>>
Don't really follow the debate on global warming but is there any evidence yet of it happening?
>>
>>858616
No.
>>
>>858616
Absolutely, just read the IPCC summary report. Also a good book to check out is Merchants of Doubt. While a bit biased and pushing an agenda, it nicely demonstrates how science that threatens industry (ozone, cigarettes, DDT, global warming) becomes polarized by people sowing doubt and misinformation.

Its like evolution tbqh. Theres plenty of evidence for it, we know the mechanisms by which it works, but people are always going to argue until they're blue in the face that its all a lie
>>
>>857737
You faggots need to move this thread to /pol/.

They'll straighten you dumbass hippies out.
>>
friendly reminder that there is literally a treaty that bans the use weather as a weapon of war and its signed by the US government and most ever major world power on the planet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_Modification_Convention
>>
oh and another adverse affect of climate change that op mentions yet was overlooked in the thread so far, the decreased amount of snow packs. lots of large waters sources like lakes and rivers depend on the snowpacks melting in the spring. the reason why the southwest is about to get assfucked is because the rocky mountains in colorado arent getting lower levels of snow than in the past, thus resulting in lake mead not being replenished quickly enough (but then again you could argue this is more an issue of human deliberately drawing more than whats being replenished regardless of the actual effects of the climate change)
>>
>>858771
>because the rocky mountains in colorado arent getting lower levels of snow than in the past,
kek meant the mountain arent get as much snow as in the past
>>
File: 8tD4SQb.jpg (383KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
8tD4SQb.jpg
383KB, 1200x900px
>>858260
Seriously, this is what drives me nuts.

Coming from the political party that likes to play up family values and tradition what good are those ideals if you have no future legacy to carry them on? I'm not a fucking tree-hugging-hippie but it really bothers me that these people are so eager to look the other way because it doesn't conform with their political ideology.

I want humanity to do great. If I ever have kids I hope that someday they will have kids and a little bit of my bloodline will continue on. A thousand years from now these climate concerns may be trivial due to advances in technology and engineering, we may very well have substantial colonies on multiple planets/objects within our solar system. But in order to get there we need to be more forward thinking than just our own lifespan. It's like Heinlein said, "You don't pay it back, you pay it forward."

As an aside and on an /out/ level I work part time at a state park. It's a small solitary mountain but a major cultural landmark for the region. The place really means a lot to me (the staff, the community, the mountain itself, etc.) so I put a lot of extra time and effort into doing what I can for it. I really hope people are still hiking it thousands of years from now and get as much from it as I am.
>>
>>858771
but higher level snow has absolutely nothing to do with global warming.

again, there is absolutely no proof of global warming.

the only people who can possibly believe in global warming are those who refuse to beleive the facts. and the evidence.

but yea it is all us deniers that eschew science.
>>
>>858635
Good answer, bravo

>tfw there's no one smart on 4chan willing to truly share their knowledge
>>
>>858221
>we are in a fucking ice age the earth is getting cooler and cooler over millions of years and approaching a whiteout in a million years maybe. a little global warming would do the biosphere great good.
You have no idea if that's true or false
>>
>>857869
This. As that increased moisture circulates to polar regions unbelievably huge, and unprecedented in recorded history will begin the next phase of continental glaciation.

We're in for an ice age. It will begin to snow, and will not stop for centuries. The arctic and antarctic are deserts in the amount of precipitation they currently experience. Huge jincreases in atmospheric moisture will dramatically change this, from current levels of less than 10 inches of liquid rainfall as snow to hundreds of inches of rainfall faling as snow. That's hundreds of feet of snow yearly.

Get some snowshoes, or cross country skis, and learn to hunt marine mammals and fish.
>>
>>857881
The warming increases water in the atmosphere. When this moisture circulates to the still frigid arctic and antarctic, snowfall unptecedented in recorded history will begin, and hundreds of feet will fall each year, for centuries. that's how the next ice age will begin, just like the last 5.
>>
>>857914
Just look at the published graph of sea levels for the last 250k years. We are at peak sea level now, and the mechanism that turns excessive ocean evaporation into mile thick glaciers, centuries long blizzards of hundreds of feet of snow yearly, is about to begin
>>
>>858045
And as the vast and rapidly growing ice sheets cool the oceans, those planktons are going to be more productive than we can even imagine, strip CO2 from the atmosphere, and replace it with higher O2 levels. People will become stronger, because being able to 'burn' fuel at higher rates.
>>
>>858826
>>858833
>>858831
>>858830
Imagine, a guy who knows more about global climate systems, atmospheric physics, plankton physiology, population and ecosystem biology than the entire Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
>>
>>858260
I am equally against either of the reactionary political fringes. I am a scientist politically. Both ends are equally deluded, and exhibit mob mentality. Just look at the graph of ses levels for the last 250,000 years, and you will see that the mechanisms that restore balance to atmospheric CO2 are either about to begin, or already have.
>>
>>858540
It is places like the Sahara, gobi, and Namib deserts that will most benefit from the coming glaciation, while Canada, the US, and Russia will suffer the bulk of continental glaciation.
>>
>>858223
>Thinking the bible is the be all and end all on Christian dogma
>>
File: transhuman.jpg (31KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
transhuman.jpg
31KB, 500x438px
>>857737

Oh no, how will transhumans who have become machines capable of surviving in any environment including the vacuum of space ever manage to survive a warmer Earth ohhh nnnoooo
>>
>>857800

You won't listen, but here:

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?/sites/alexknapp/2011/08/24/climategate-scientists-cleared-of-wrongdoing-again/
>>
>>857737
>human caused global warming myth
The planet is warming, naturally. Well either adapt, or disappear.
>>
>>857881

And how do you consolidate the fact of exponential population growth coupled with increasing standards of living putting more pressure on natural resources, which have both sources and sinks that are, as a result, being degraded.

You can cancel out a lot with capital investment in technology (our shining messiah) but that does not address the fundamental issue of inefficient mismanagement of our shared resources.
>>
>>858825
well here is a picture of your global warming
we have geological data it shows glacial periods increase in frequency as of late and global average temperatures are dropping in the last 550million years.
>>
>>858045

So is that why all life died off the last fifty times the earth warmed by even more?

Human civilization in any given area is highly adapted to its current local climactic conditions. Any change will incur huge infrastructure costs, and potentially natural disasters will cost lives in areas unprepared for a new suite of weather effects from what they're used to.

It's bad, but won't end life on earth. People saying or implying that it will is why so many don't believe in it.
>>
Global warming is a meme.
Yes, the world is getting hotter, but nobody knows where it will lead us.
>>
>>857790
There would be evidence galore. Technology aside, is their civilization was anything like ours, there would be billions of them. Fossils would be everywhere. We we see the large skulls and appendages capable to manipulating tools.
>>857886
Would it not also open up agricultural land in the upper latitudes and in places like the Amazon?
>>
Guys, the Earth is gonna be fine. If anyone's fucked it's us, but we're not. So quit flipping your shit
>>
>>859140
This
>>
>>859178
we just told you the world is getting cooler and cooler. this temporary rise in temperature will not last sadly.
>>
>>859180
Over the long term, it might be a good thing, but it takes time for an ecosystem to adapt to change, and a century is a tiny amount of time in geologic time.
>>
>>859182
Well you convinced me.

Everything is cool guys! Just keep doing what you're doing!
>>
global warming is hard sell here in Canada.

for all I care the third world needs a population cull.
>>
Trolling and rhetoric aside, shouldn't we want the conservation of nature, given that we are, ya know, on /out/ and all
>>
>>858143
absolute knuckle breather.
>>
>>858457
I unironically eat granola with rice/almond milk. Shit tastes good.
>>
>>858182
It has been basically scientific consensus for 40 years or more. The only people who keep changing their minds are the public, who won't bother to read actual academic reports, and so just imagine what the positions of scientists might be.
>>
File: 2d9.png (553KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
2d9.png
553KB, 680x680px
>>858831
good, perhaps the hajjis will finally leave
>>
>>857737
More like Global Cooling. Compare temperatures today to temperatures 60 years ago.

We're due for a Deep Freeze in 2030.
>>
>>857881
I call bullshit.
You don't have a degree, otherwise you'd have seen charts of temperatures from about 1870-present thar show a steady increase in temperature until about 1960 where the temperature SKYROCKETS. (4-5 degrees) since then.

Sure, we are going through a warming period. But we fucking disastrously increased it. There is a small dip in temperature in the 70s because of pollution, but once we did away with CFCs that disappeared and rose drastically.
>>
Fun Fact: Weather changes temps based on how hot the sun is. Suns aren't always a constant temp.
>>
>I let imaginary problems ruin my life
>Be like me!
>>
climate change is a plan set in motion so that your grandkids will be forced to go /out/ on different planets!

imagine what the future generations of gear queers will end up spending on their trips exploring craters on the moon or climbing mountains on mars.

wake up sheeple!
>>
>>859718
actually that works for me
>>
>>858847
Truth. Within 100 years, the physical conditions of the earth will be irrelevant. AI will have constructed a Dyson swarm and relocated our simulated consciousness to space.
>>
Global warming advocates are only looking at recorded data starting from the late 1800's. They don't realize that the temperature of the planet has already had many cycles of up and down, and the current average global temp isn't anywhere near as warm as the planet has experienced in the past.
>>
File: gtemps.jpg (2MB, 2706x1944px) Image search: [Google]
gtemps.jpg
2MB, 2706x1944px
everything's fine
>>
>>857737
If you think CO2, esp as produced by Man (weather breathing or any machinery) has any affect on the Planet, then you have been fooled by the the great TV - brain washer!

even Methane and nitrates don't account for what just a couple of volcanoes can do (or 1 big Volcano blast)

The Earth is heating up From The Inside!

Look at Greenland - the Ice is melting faster UNDER the glaciers!

Even 'Hostile Witnesses' like National Geographic have shown this (although they blame it on Man).

There are events in the Solar system effecting Solar radiation And gravitational pulls on the planets - this pull is heating the core of the planet and forcing that heat higher up due to slight bulging/ uneven pull on the denser solid core vs magma and lighter crust where we live.

Notice Oceans are warming too? also - Antarctica - sub-glacial lakes...
>>
>>860195
Hey - don't use Basic logic, reason and The Truth in a political argument!!!

I mean, Bravo!
>>
>>860204
>the truth
it takes literally 4 seconds to prove many parts of that graph wrong, biased or misleading. Starting with their grandiose descriptions of themselves. By their standards of those definitions, half the people in this thread are World Class Climatologists.

>political argument
and there you have it. Climate Change isnt a scientific debate anymore, because the science community has accepted the peer-reviewed science and moved beyond that. Its become a political debate with both the left and the right guilty of misinformation and deceit. Too much of the "debate" is about irrelevant bullshit.

The world is warming, climates are changing. This has happened in the past, except in many cases over longer time scales and definitely without 9 billion people (who are contributing to the warming) dependent on complicated global food and trade systems for their nourishment and survival. Particuarly, we did have massive infrastructure investments in areas that were once prime but soon may have sub par climates. No, this isn't the end of the world or humanity. But yes, it is actively making things more difficult for ourselves as a species. Its makes bad economic AND social sense to ignore the facts.

you can jump up and down all you want, but what most people are arguing about in this thread is totally irrelevant. if you want to simplify the "debate" down to what industry's take on climate vs Bill Nye on climate, you're really just making an arse of yourself which will only be more apparent as the years go on.
>>
>>860190
>Global warming advocates are only looking at recorded data starting from the late 1800's
why do people comment on things with such poor, obvious lies
>>
Let's keep pretending to be experts and spouting pseudoscience, that'll show those darned liberal hippies what for.
>>
>>859180
What if their social rules was Logan's Run-tier and prevented them from growing in numbers?
>>
>>860207

>The world is warming

The world has been cooling your entire life friendo. I feel bad for millennials desu, not only are they anti science brainwashed idiots but they are also jobless,ngf and feminized.

Life has paid a cruel joke on you and you get to spend your life worrying about non existent "problems". SAD!
>>
>>860307
I can't tell if you're making fun of /pol/ or if you're the real deal.
>>
>>860375
Isn't that board mostly cuck and blacked threads?
>>
>hurr global warming isn't real
It's absolutely real you dumb shits
Pointing to >>860195 >>859140 aren't good arguments
A) They're not on the resolution we need to see modern warming trends
B) They're relative
Saying "the earth has been warmer in the past and it was fine" doesn't apply here
We're not arguing that the entire earth is going to die, what's going to happen is disruptions of modern ecosystems
We're part of the ecosystem, whether we like it or not
No one is saying that it'll become too hot to live, we're saying that our way of life won't be sustainable once it starts hitting our basic necessities: large-scale farming, water availability, ocean ecosystems
>>
>>860511
>We're part of the ecosystem, whether we like it or not
humans are the most adaptable species on this planet and i think you underestimate the rest of the biome too.
this is not a problem and screaming "OH WE FUCKED UP SO BAD NO HOPE LEFT" is just retarded. earth will be fine life will adapt even if all the lands become a desert (like it was 1.8 million years ago) life will come back swinging.
>>
>>860515
Regardless of it we can adapt, it's going to be a bad transitional period
Most likely, billions of people are going to die, it's going to be bad times
>>
>>860517
>billions of people are going to die
Yeah, from old age
>Stuff like wheat is grown in huge climate ranges like from the Middle East up to Northern Canada
>Somehow one degree or two are supposedly a problem
And all that with selective breeding for varieties, more modern techniques like GMO are even faster
So nah, we'll be fine
Only stockholders of photovoltaics companies and the like profit from such fearmongering - yeah, let's tax the middle class even more, just what we need!
>>
>>860525
Yeah, that's right, an overwhelming majority of scientists are lying to you for some nebulous reason
Can't trust em, those educated people
>>
>>860528
Thing is I don't care if it gets a degree or two warmer or not, either way the implied negative effects are vastly overestimated
>>
>>860533
Except that's not true
At the very least, we're going to have massive coastal flooding, displacing or killing millions of people around the world
Many millions
The projected increase is at least 6 degrees celsius, which is going to wreak massive havoc with countless earth systems
We're going to have a hard time weathering it
>>
>>860533
>it's ok guys, this random fag on the internet with no actual knowledge on the subject says it's all going to be ok out of wishful thinking
>>
>>860533
>I think X therefore X is a fact
cowabunga dude, mad props to you for stickin' it to the man
>>
File: 1474047011458.jpg (63KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
1474047011458.jpg
63KB, 500x629px
>>857737
>Global warming

I openly welcome it in my country by burning cubic tons of evergreens and spruce trees every day.
>>
>>860537
>The projected increase is at least 6 degrees celsius
Proofs? Last time I checked, both that and the "oh so dramatic sea level rise" have been consecutively corrected downwards
>>860539
OHMURGURDS IF WE DON'T INVEST IN UNRELIABLE ENERGY SOURCES WE WILL ALL DIE PAINFULLY! ONLY WAY OF SALVATION IS TAXES, TAXES AND EVEN MOR TAXES!!!! *ps I invested 100k in solar shares, teehee*
>>860544
Burden of proof is upon those who want the money
>>
>>860546
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/03/30/antarctic-loss-could-double-expected-sea-level-rise-by-2100-scientists-say/?utm_term=.88352426f03f

2 meters within the next century
6 fucking feet
A huge number of cities aren't that high away from sea level, especially on the North American East Coast
>>
>>860547
Sensationalist Club of Rome faggots claimed even higher numbers back in the 60s/70s or whenever exactly they started and have since had to adjust it down
>>
>>858826
So why shouldn't we just have more global warming to make the next ice age melt away?
>>
>implying that losing a quarter or third of the global population wouldn't be beneficial to pretty much everything

This is especially true considering that in the US niggers are conveniently concentrated in coastal states.
>>
>>859180
You say there would be evidence but have no of prooving that there would be. The amount of species that have been shown through fossils is staggeringly small. We currently have around 8.7 billion species present on this earth, less than half a million have been identifies through fossils. Almost none of the currents animals existed thousands of years ago. The possibility that a civilization could rise, fall, and rise again is certainly not impossible
>>
>>860568
There would be more than just fossils left behind by a civilization that has died out, such as structures, tools, etc.
>>
>>860578
HA! absolutely not. the pyramids have been there for what? only like 4,500 years? imagine what it will look like in 10,000. Again, to say that a civilization didnt exist before ours just isnt true. unlikly, obviously, but certainly not impossible
>>
>>860584
great pyramids are more like 15000 years old
>>
>>860649
you just pulled that number out of your ass lmao. the oldest date I found was 10,000. most where less than 5,000. Even if it was 15,000 it still doesn't disprove my original point
>>
>>860655
Why are you denying African history? What's your agenda?
>>
>>860548
>>860546
>they adjusted their estimates as their models improved with better understanding of the system
Good point, we're still expected to have sea level rise, we're just more accurate about how drastic that will be. The revised values are still within their initial confidence intervals and still showing the same trend of increased sea level rise. I dont know what you're point is beyond how science works. It doesnt disprove or discount anything.

>>860546
>Burden of proof is upon those who want the money
I dont know what that has to do with someone lacking any credentials or qualifications claiming their opinion (based on a very limited understanding) is fact.

But its funny that you brought up burden of proof, given the overwhelming weight of literature and scientific inertia in favour of climate change above 4 degrees globally and the serious implications it will have on local and global weather patterns, food systems, sea levels, ecosystems, fauna, flora and fungi species, etc. etc.

There is a reason fringe scientists and amatures get funded by industry and not through the normal means in academia; their views often don't align with the overwhelming literature on the topic. That is, they fail to establish and a burden of proof that their research is justified.
>>
>>860547
1 this rise in sea levels is never catastrophic event like a tsunami an inch every day is nothing citizens can't manage alone let alone with gov help.
>>
>>860789
2 i hope the entire us sinks and we never see you fags again. or you become water nomads or something living on converted carriers.
>>
>>858821
Ecologist here: you are ignorant as fuck.
>>
File: 1452293681999.jpg (43KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1452293681999.jpg
43KB, 570x587px
>>858821
>open water - darkest most light and energy absorbing terrain on earth

>ice/snow - most reflective terrain on earth

explain it again how more open water and less ice can be anything but terrible for global warming
>>
>>861311
What screwell did your brainwashing at?
>>
>>861330
>but terrible for global warming

Explain again why you believe in global warming which has been proven to be a hoax
>>
>>861384
>proven
By who, some conspiracy theorist on his shitty 2003-era website?
>>
>>861436
By climate scientists, like the founder of the weather channel. I understand you haven't been exposed to any science in your schooling but you don't need any science to understand this is more a religious issue
>>
>>861384
i'm not certain if it has been sufficiently proven to be false or anything. i just think it's a non-issue whether true or false. like god you know either he exists or not what do i care? it changes nothing.
>>
>>857864
but they are already living in the US
>>
>>861489
/pol/tard just lost
>>
>>857746
>>857744
this

it's climate change, due to climate changing dramatically. Seasons actually get more extreme.
>>
>>861453
l m a o
>>
Is there anyone here who has lived long enough to notice warming? Or do y'all just rely on respected climate scientists like AL Gore

>Inb4 he created the innerwebs
>>
>>861564
Well many of the effects of global warming increase cooling so you have to change your question to reflect that.
>>
>>861564
It's impossible to notice a change in temperature on the order of what we're talking about here, do you think people are saying the earth will become a sweat lodge?
These minor increases in global temperature are enough to wreak havoc with earth systems, that's what the threat is
>>
File: 222.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
>>861453
>By climate scientists, like the founder of the weather channel
lol, the science is overwhelming in favour of anthropogenic induced climate change. if you stand by your statement of understanding science, then I'm sure you would agree with the IPCC's conclusions.

>>861510
it is climate change, but its also global warming. The former term encompasses the latter, but is also broader. The mean global temperature is increasing, with localised temperature increases as much as 3-4 degrees C in some areas. The increased global temperature will have a multitude of effects, but also the broader changes to local and global climate systems will also cause problems.

>>861564
>climate scientists like AL Gore
what do you guys actually think a climate scientists is? Nobody mentioned in this thread as being a climate scientist is one. Benjamin Santer, James Hansen. Those are climate scientists. I rely on the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change to assess the science as a whole an report it, people who have trained for many years in that discipline of physical, chemical, atmospheric science.
>>
You're retarded. Over 50% of the worlds population live in India, China & sub-Saharan Africa. Nobody gives a fuck about the vast majority of poor and developing clean, renewable sources of energy for them so they are constantly burning crude fuels for cooking and heat.
>>
>>861600
>IPCC
Highly infiltrated by lobbyists who fund them, so I personally can't really trust them, when asking myself the "cui bono" question
>>
An average passenger vehicle drives 11,400 miles per year. This creates 4.7 metric tons of C02 emissions.
>1.2 billion vehicles on the world's roads.
No effect on the environment, okay!
>>
>>861639
Interesting that IPCC funding concerns you, yet almost all the fringe and climate denalists are heavily funded and infiltrated by industry who rely on their carbon outputs (much the same as the tobacco industry was proven to be deliberately misconstruing science and was well aware of the cancer link in the late 50's despite publicly saying otherwise until the 2000s)
>>
>>861654
Yes, that's the thing, no one is really fully objective in this issue. But the IPCC funders are winning at the moment, as more and more "le eebul CO2"-justified taxes targeted at middle class Average Joe are being implemented, at least here (Cuckmany), leading to outrageous gas and electricity prices, exuberant public funding of highly unreliable and climate-geographically nonsensical projects like photovoltaics (yay let's implement sun-based energies where there's 1900 and less hours of yearly sunshine, and the least in winter when the most electricity is needed!)
I'm agnostic on the causality of anthropogenic input, there's just too many variables and projections are far from proven to me, at least not enough to warrant such political decisions
>>
>>861662

Haha the environmentalists are raping you as hard as the rapefugees

>The average German pays 39 cents per kilowatt-hour for electricity due to intense fiscal support for green energy. The average American only spends 10.4 cents per kilowatt-hour.

>Germany’s wind and solar power systems have provided too much power at unpredictable times, which damaged the power grid and made the system vulnerable to blackouts. Grid operators paid companies $548 million to shutter turbines to fix the problem,

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/10/germany-votes-to-abandon-most-green-
>>
>>861564
in my childhood winter started in late november or early december with heavy snow from december to february.

now winter (and optionally snow) here starts in mid january and ends in late january. with the occasionally heavy snow out of nowhere in february march.

and i'm only 36. the one thing the shrills don't understand tho these things are like a pendulum they come and go it's not like hurr everything is fucked game over. mabye in 20 years winters will be exactly how i remember.
>>
>>861852
Yeah shit really sucks
>tfw no AC thanks to retarded electricity prices
>tfw living on the Upper Rhine where highs/lows may reach up to 40/25 during strong summer heat waves (and no this is not a result of "le global warming", such summer happened in the 70s too)
Sleeping is near impossible during those times, as room temperatures WILL reach 27°C/70-80% humidity or more no matter how "intelligently" you open/close the windows.
Fuck the Greens and other eco-Nazis, may cunts like Claudia Roth burn in a fire
>>861911
Here we're having just random phases. Cold winters in the mid-90s (went to -18 once), then mild ones around 99/00, a cold intersection in 2001-03 (down to -15), after that there was a 6 year streak of temps never going below -10 from 2003-08, then a couple of severely cold winters (down to -17 again), and since 2012 we're in a milder phase again, never went below -10 since then (with 13/14 being the mildest so far at a -3.8°C minimum)
Things are just way too volatile and variable for there to be any reliable long-term patterns visible, weather is just way too chaotic and un-calculatable
>>
>>860511
But simply the fact that there are periods warmer than the current state BEFORE the discovery of coal and oil contradict the hypothesis (because it's not proven) that CO2 emissions (0.03% of atmospheric gases) caused by man are changing the climate. If the anthropogenic hypothesis held true, as long as man continues to expotentially increase carbon emissions, earth cannot experience cooling and can only plateau.
>>
>>862117
Wow, you don't know ANYTHING about how climate works
Man isn't the only way carbon can be introduced to the atmosphere in huge amounts
It's happened in the past in a bunch of ways
But never, EVER has this much carbon been added this quickly before
The last time carbon increased anywhere NEAR this fast was 56 million years ago during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum, and as the name would imply, it got hot
It was pretty bad, wasn't mass extinction bad, but it was nasty nonetheless.
That happened over a few THOUSAND years, this is happening over a few decades/centuries

Don't run your mouth when you don't know dick about the subject matter
>>
File: Carbon_cycle.jpg (308KB, 1040x877px) Image search: [Google]
Carbon_cycle.jpg
308KB, 1040x877px
>>862122
Even now, more carbon is released from natural sources than human sources. The problem is the additional carbon released by humans puts the carbon cycle out of balance, hence the increased concentration of atmospheric carbon.
>>
>>862122

Carbon is the essence of life.People, plants, animals, fossil fuels, food, furniture, clothes.Not sure why people want less of it, but if they do, then live like an ascetic and do without.
>>
>>862294
That is twisted logic. Carbon is important to life, but the amount in the atmosphere also impacts the climate of the Earth.

When we remove hydrocarbons from the ground and put them into the atmosphere it impacts the climate.
>>
>>862316
Gonna need some sauce on this pasta

>When we remove hydrocarbons from the ground and put them into the atmosphere it impacts the climate
>>
>>862294
>how to tell someone doesn't know what they're talking about
HURR WATER IS THE ESSENCE OF LIFE WHY WOULDN'T YOU WANT IT IN YOUR LUNGS
>>
>>862327
>What is the greenhouse effect?
>>
>>857788
it could spell the end of all live on earth very quickly.
In the short term, more extreme weather. Atm we are at about 1.5 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels. This might not sound like much but it is an average. Every year new records for highest temperature are set. There are certain thresholds which if we pass it is likely that positive feedback mechanisms will kick in and spiral out of control. Bear in mind the change we are seeing in average temperatures is because of C02 that had been putting in the atmosphere 30-40 years ago. For the last 10 years we have been enacting the 'worst case scenario' in terms of putting C02 in the atmosphere.
As another anon mentioned plankton will stop producing oxygen as they are temperature sensitive. Similiar at a high enough temperature - say 4 degrees above average - plants will stop being able to synthesize proteins. i.e. no more food. My personal opinion would be it will very likely be a global disaster situation within the century that will wipe out all live on earth.
This isn't factoring in the potential for large amounts of methane being released from under perma frost, which would accelerate the process exponentially.

just my two sense
>>
>>862420
>Implying the earth has a plastic cover
>>
>>862432
If you don't understand the greenhouse effect then either ask for help or research it on your own. Don't just spout ignorance.
>>
These are the people running our world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0a_60PMR8
>>
>>862435
You need to peel back everything you know. Saying "greenhouse gas" is not an argument it's a buzzword that shows your indoctrination.
>>
>>862438
What you meant to say was that

> Heres a guy who is against everything that the people running the world are doing
>>
File: CO2-fertilization.png (188KB, 468x291px) Image search: [Google]
CO2-fertilization.png
188KB, 468x291px
Sorry, I highly doubt a CO2 increase from 0.03% to 0.04% will result in a 5°C or more warming, that's just unrealistic.
By that logic, certain periods in Earth's history when there was much more in the atmosphere, for example the Jurassic with 0.20% would've been >85°C hotter, which we know is bullshit
Even with a super logarithmic curve, you can't bend and stretch things that far
And what's often missing is the buffer effect, higher CO2 also means higher carbon assimilation by the flora, this may be delayed but eventually we'll see the effect
>>
>>862499
>implying it's only CO2
Methane is also a big contributor to this, as is sulfur dioxide and a host of other chems
>>
File: 750px-Greenhouse_Effect.svg.png (70KB, 750x577px) Image search: [Google]
750px-Greenhouse_Effect.svg.png
70KB, 750x577px
>>862464
1/2
The greenhouse effect has been established over 100 years. If you want to dispute it then you'd need something credible that disproves the theory.

Certain gases will not adsorb visible light, but will adsorb infrared light. These are called greenhouse gases and are not simply a buzzword. Visible light from the sun passes through the atmosphere and is adsorbed by the Earth's surface and reemitted as infrared light. This infrared light is then, in effect, trapped by the atmosphere adsorbing and reemitting it. This phenomenon is one of the main contributors to the Earth's surface temperature (the other main factor being albedo). Without the greenhouse effect, the Earth would be inhospitable to humanity.

However, if we increase the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, this will lead to more infrared light being trapped near the Earth's surface. CO2 is a byproduct of burning hydrocarbons and is also a greenhouse gas.

There is no credible debate in the scientific community over the validity of the greenhouse effect. It is an accepted theory and unless there is a groundbreaking discovery that disproves it, it will continue to be accepted.
>>
>>862464
>>862502
2/2
The main concern of climate scientists is to develop a model that can accurately depict the Earth climate. This is difficult to model because of the complexity of the Earth's processes. Greenhouse gases are not the only factor influencing the climate. As temperatures rise and ice melts, this exposes darker surfaces which adsorb more visible light instead of reflecting it as visible light (i.e. the lowering of the Earth's albedo). As the permafrost thaws due to higher temperature, the peatlands of Canada and Russia will dry out and start to decompose, releasing CH4 and CO2 (especially during peat fires). CH4, like CO2, is a greenhouse gas. Warmer temperatures also mean that more energy is available for vaporization of water (water vapor is another greenhouse gas). The output from climate models also vary depending on the data for future carbon emissions (i.e. "business as usual" or reduced emission scenarios).

All of this is to say, the form of carbon and where it is located on Earth doe influence the climate and cannot be dismissed just because "Carbon is important to life." Carbon is an important part of the greenhouse effect, which is an influencing factor on the earth's surface temperatures. The greenhouse effect is a theory about the ability of an atmosphere to trap heat near the surface of a planet and nothing to do with "plastic cover."
>>
>>862501
Yeah, but politics and media depict CO2 as the only existing culprit, and deriving extra taxation thereof
Also, stuff like hydrocarbons such as CH4 aren't very long-lived, by the action of UV they eventually oxidise
>>
>>858457
>implying there is anything wrong with doing any of these things
>>
File: 1469295537410.jpg (37KB, 604x338px) Image search: [Google]
1469295537410.jpg
37KB, 604x338px
Global warming and cooling is a natural occurrence that's has been happening since before humans even existed. There is no conclusive evidence linking humans to this change.

And as a side note, our current warming phase has been occurring before the industrial revolution even happened.
>>
>>862529
If I got this right, the global warming and cooling before the rise of humans is called global warming and the global warming and cooling with humans present is called global warming and there isn't any difference in the two except that now $ are extracted from your wallet to solve global warming and we can finally solve the weather problem called global warming with the extra $1500 in taxes that we pay to Al Gore who invented global warming
>>
File: monarch1.jpg (233KB, 620x260px) Image search: [Google]
monarch1.jpg
233KB, 620x260px
Anyone get to see a monarch butterfly this summer? 15 years ago they were common here, now I don't remember my last sighting. SW Ontario.
>>
>>861645
If you took all those cars' emissions over a whole year, and wanted to simulate it in a room that's 3x3x3 meters with helo of matches, how many matches would you need to burn?... One fucking match. One.
Oy vey
>>
>>862821
They are gone thanks to obamas population replacement schemes. Lots of temporary holding camps have been set up on the people migration corridor in Mexico, which also correspond to the monarch breeding area.. it's ok tho because we have a Labor shortage here though and humans are more important than butterflies
>>
>>862529
Here is what NASA have to say, http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/ I am so sick of you amerifags denying something that has been unequivocally proven scientifically (across the world) because you don't want to feel badddd
>>
File: broecker1975.png (369KB, 868x1156px) Image search: [Google]
broecker1975.png
369KB, 868x1156px
>>857870

Generally agree with your post, but:

>Global warming is some sensationalist bullshit

This is a meme someone cooked up by Frank Luntz, a (very skilled) campaign strategist for the GOP, asking that Republicans refer to global warming as climate change because it sounds less alarming. Then Heartland Institute etc. ran with it and claimed that scientists were responsible for that. In reality the term has been used in scientific circles as far back as at least 1975:

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/189/4201/460

It's also generally a factual description. The Earth's heat balance is positive, which is reflected in the heating of the oceans, land surface, and troposphere.

Sources:

http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/2008BAMS2634.1

http://www.atmos-chem-phys.net/11/13421/2011/

etc.
>>
File: NH_Temp_Reconstruction.gif (23KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
NH_Temp_Reconstruction.gif
23KB, 500x257px
>>860195

Looks legit :D:D This graph's Y-axis is not labelled haha

Actually it looks closer to this:

http://www.pnas.org/content/105/36/13252
>>
>>859140
>>859190

Please see:

https://xkcd.com/1379/

https://xkcd.com/1732/

Yes, hundreds of millions of years ago Stegosaurus lived in much hotter conditions today. You know, conditions in which unprotected humans will die of heat stress in a few hours?

This argument is like "natural fires prove that arson is impossible" or "people have always died, therefore there's nothing especially strange if I shoot myself in the head"
>>
>>857881

Literally every single greentext line starting from

>Some of you people cannot grasp (by ignorance or refusal) that irrespective of some minute (serious stress on the word here) anthropogenic forcing, the Earth is still very much coming out of an ice age and will continue to warm

.... is complete nonsense. Are you sure you actually have an MSc in environmental science? This should have been covered properly in your undergraduate work. Where did you study?
>>
>>860195
http://xkcd.com/1732/
>>
This thread confirms my belief that people get dumber in college. Whatever happened to critical thinking? It was replaced with safe spaces and indoctrination
>>
>>863021
can you like...? stop bullying me? thanks.
>>
>>857869
>>857885
>>857914
Raising temperatures in dry/ tropical regions, also raises the dew point. We are like a degree from a lot of people in poorer countries not being able to sweat. This will kill you. Also, Co2 does raise the pH of water, this is just a science fact.
>>
>>857788
Large scale food production can become difficult as many crop species are threatened and large areas of farmland become arid or hostile to agriculture
>>
>>863059
>Co2 does raise the pH of water, this is just a science fact
Lowers the pH
>>
>>863059
>>863096
Even in distilled water that has zero buffer capacity, a difference between 0.03% and 0.04% CO2 in the air above it has very negligible effect on equilibrium pH (~0.1-ish), and as ocean water has lots of dissolved salts, the actual effect will be even smaller
>>
>>863101
A change of 0.1 pH (26% more H+) is a big deal for something like the ocean. Also, the main buffer is calcium carbonate. Ocean acidification is already having an impact on calcification, see coral reefs.
>>
>i know an overwhelming majority of climate scientists are telling me that global warming is happening and the effects are going to be severe, but I think they're literally all lying to me because reasons
>>
>>863113
>I know that all climate scientists are paid shills but I still trust them every year when they ask for more shekels
>>
>>863135
>EVERY climate scientist gave up on their morals and reports false data because unspecified reasons
You morons really do go to extreme lengths to protect your beliefs
>>
>>863140
>Climate scientists who go against the mainstream (i.e. the convenient, extra tax-justifying/generating and fear-mongering "if we don't take blind actionism WE'LL ALL DIE!!!") opinion aren't silenced by governments and other corporate-controlled organisations by cutting/completely removing their funding
Good goy - yes yes, paying €10/kWh electricity or €10 per litre of petrol will absolve us all from our crimes against nature - I know I did it for """climate protection""" at least, ah I can sleep well again!
>>
>>863147
Where are the proofs, brother?
Proofs are required

Certainly, you're not just picking a boogeyman to explain something unpleasant in your life and making wild conspiracy claims as to why everyone is plotting to make your life slightly more annoying
>>
>>863150
>Proofs are required
Yes indeed, for "global warming" to be actually affecting us so negatively that insane extra taxation is necessary
As I said before - you want my money, then the burden of proof is upon you, that's how the market works. You wouldn't buy, say, an electric appliance that "maybe" works half of the time either, would you?
>>
>>863155
I highly doubt you'd even accept the numerous studies regarding the effects of climate change on this scale, you probably think they're just lies by jew shills, so I'm not going to bother
>>
>>857881
so we're all gonna ignore that picture?
>>
>>863262
Of course we don't accept those reports . They are paid for lies to dupe normies (you).

Why don't you justify your belief in global warming when there has been no warming during your lifetime
>>
File: 1474628916547.jpg (101KB, 476x470px) Image search: [Google]
1474628916547.jpg
101KB, 476x470px
>>863411
let me guess your a trump supporter
>>
>>863411

I've never been to the moon, does that mean the apollo missions are fake too?
>>
>Humanity is too small to have an impact on a global scale!

For fucks sake, you people can't be this blind.
>>
>>861600
>lol, the science is overwhelming in favour of anthropogenic induced climate change.
The science behind it is spotty at best, it's just a huge circlejerk in which everyone who disagrees is branded a witch.
>>
>>863420
my trump supporter?
>>
>>863485
>this blind
>find a mirror
Do you realize how large the sky & oceans are compared to how many people live on earth?
>>
>>863487
>branded a witch
and since witches were traditionally burned at the stake you'll be contributing. hmmmmm...
>>
File: 1446320394643.jpg (170KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1446320394643.jpg
170KB, 1280x853px
Does anyone know how livestock contributes to global warming.

And does anyone know how much gas the fart out and what it does to the atmoshpere exactly?

And does anyone know how many cows are slaughtered and created annually to appease everyone's "gotta have me a t-bone" diarrhea-tier taste buds?!??!?!? ?!?! ?!? ?!? !111
>>
the REAL issue with climate change is that civilization will probably break down as poor Googles flood into the West or highland areas

Earth has been much warmer in the past so people saying all life will die are full of shit
Though a large scale extinction is very bad.

Beyond that I'm sick of these nihilist mongoloids who think nothing can be done or that this isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>863591
The area around the Indus river, more so south Afghanistan used to be lush ...now look at it.
>>
>>863591
Go back to /pol/ with your shitty forced meme
>>
>>863591
>I'm tired of people who don't believe my delusions

there is no warming to be concerned about
>>
>muh volcanoes!

Volcanoes emit around 0.3 billion tonnes of CO2 per year. This is about 1% of human CO2 emissions which is around 29 billion tonnes.
>>
>>863609
What's your point?
>>
>>863624
What the fuck do you think is the point?
That volcanoes aren't a reasonable excuse regarding anthropogenic CO2
>>
>>863632
Why do you think anthropogenic CO2 is important?
>>
>>863640
It's a greenhouse gas
Why do you not?
>>
>>863624

its a scam that can only be fixed if you buy carbon credits from al gore and obama
>>
>>863649

You are worried about co2 because it's a greenhouse gas? Just stop breathing then. Are you worried about water because it's wet? Or worried about roses because they smell nice? Why you such a worrywart
>>
>>863787
???
What is your argument?
>>
I've made my peace with it.

If it's real, nobody will do anything until it starts having a direct effect on everyday life, and by then there will be nothing we can do to stop it.

If it is fake, things will go on as usual.

no point in getting mixed in this.
>>
>>863799
Just wondering why you are freaking out about co2
>>
>>863925
Because higher concentrations of it raise the global temperature
That's literally the entire point
>>
>>857737
I want to explore the rest of the universe, I don't really give a shit what happens to one tiny little planet in the middle of nowhere.

As long as I can survive long enough to finish my various projects involving biotechnology, genetic enhancement, long lasting space flight, virtually indefinite lifespans, and of course human 2.0, I'm all good.

When I'm finished I'll just fuck off and start looking for new shit and new people.

Pro Tip: the base elements required to support human life and to power space travel are scattered all around the cosmos and specifically other star systems. Earth is just an easy way to intake it all. It's more like a fast food joint for necessary energy, and it isn't the sole place in the universe where humans can survive like many believe.

Oxygen, Carbon, helium, and Hydrogen, the most important elements to us, are in abundance throughout the universe and can be easily turned into various forms of fuel, either for machines or living things. It's actually pretty fucking simple to live in the absence of an earth like planet with ready-made life sustaining stuff. You just need a good imagination, creativity, and the desire to explore.
>>
>>863969
We will die on this rocky tomb, squabbling over ruins of what we once had.
>>
File: 4545615165.jpg (3MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
4545615165.jpg
3MB, 2880x1800px
>>863834
This. If real, its to late.

If not, then alrighty then.
>>
>>863934
You got a source on that?
>>
>>863969
Holy shit this is the most retarded thing I've ever read
>>
>>864040
i agree it's delusional 12yo rambling
but i agree:
earth might be our crib it really shouldn't be our casket.
>>
>>857870
>unanimous

no

>consensus

I have a few problems with this. In the first place, "consensus" is antithetical to science. The scientific method is a form of dialectic whereby a scientist makes an observation, postulates a cause or relationship, then devises an experiment to test that hypothesis. After the experiment if something profound is discovered, the results are published and other scientists seek to replicate the experiment's outcomes. The key is impartiality and detachment from outcomes of experiment. Dispassion is of the utmost importance.

This is where my largest beef comes from with climate science and particularly the IPCC, Mann, et al and others. From IPCC's own fact sheet, their purpose is to "[assess] the scientific basis of climate change, its impacts and future risks, and options for adaptation and mitigation." Later in the fact sheet, it says that IPCC does not do their own research, but rather panel volunteers select from other research done by other scientists. While they claim that this results in a balanced selection of works, I have to question that. In the same way that relying on a study commissioned by an oil company that suggests that there is little or no climate change might be said to be dubious, the IPCC is only staffed by volunteers who are passionate about climate change policy. If they showcased studies that downplayed climate change, it would undermine their reason to exist. And so they don't.

Ditto for most of the research being done in climate science. Follow the money arguments cut both ways here. I wouldn't trust a study funded by Exxon, but NSF isn't giving research grants for and universities largely are not funding research that is skeptical of orthodox (a word i don't use lightly) climate science. Add to that Mann and others in climate science bullying those who dare to question their work.
>>
>>864074
Your point is weakened by the fact that Exxon is a contributor to the IPCC and that all the research coming from Exxon agrees with larger scientific community about anthropogenic climate change. While nothing is science is unanimous, the idea that there is great debate over anthropogenic climate change in the scientific community is a farce. The debate only exists because of political .

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2015/nov/25/two-faced-exxon-the-misinformation-campaign-against-its-own-scientists

I bet you couldn't even find a decent piece of research done since 2010 that shows anything to discredit the idea of anthropogenic climate change. Even stuff paid for by the oil/gas industry.
>>
>>864084
So why hasn't there been any warming in your lifetime?
>>
File: Fig.A2.gif (15KB, 664x474px) Image search: [Google]
Fig.A2.gif
15KB, 664x474px
>>864091
I'm not sure where you are getting that information. Last year was the hottest on record.
>>
>>857864
modern egyptians are sand niggers

the ancient egyptians were white europeans with green eyes and orange hair. genetic studies confirm
>>
>>864099
>only 200 years of records
this is supposed to mean anything?

anthropogenic climate change is real but we aren't the only thing that changes the climate. it used to be even warmer than it is today, we have no way of knowing that this exact thing hasn't happened before.
>>
>>864084
Exxon was just the name I chose at random, the first that came to mind. I don't think my argument is weakened much by the fact that Exxon funds the IPCC. In today's era of PC corporate responsibility, it would be untenable for oil industry players to completely disavow the risks associated with climate change. That doesn't mean that they will make substantive changes to their business practices without being legally forced to. They are just making a token support for a perceived harm associated with their product. Kind of like Apple sending food aid to China even though they do nothing to lobby for better working conditions and certainly don't provide them for their legions of employees living in polluted squalor.

Who said anything about a great debate in climate science? Oh that was only you, nice strawman. I only said that consensus is unscientific and that public institutions are not funding and will not fund research that disagrees with or even scrutinizes the affirmative position. Nobody wants to fund research proving that a crisis is not happening, whether it is or isn't.

>decent piece of research
The trap being that if I do you will decry it as being unsound, biased, etc. I agree that most of the "evidence" against climate change is anecdotal, but perhaps that is just a symptom of the research climate rather than a lack of evidence to find. The policy proscriptions required to avert anthropogenic climate change are huge and burdensome. I will remain skeptical about the certainty of climate change (and particularly its harms) until I think that a more evenhanded approach is being taken with research.
>>
Who cares, entropy shows no signs of stopping either and that's the real bitch.
>>
>>864120
How about this
What if it's a natural phenomenon, but we still put a shitload of funds into science to combat it. Man's ultimate prowess is (the attempt) to make Earth its bitch. If we can keep the climate level, we don't have to redo all the things, keep snow, and more importantly, the niggers won't all emigrate out of africa due to becoming one massive desert.
>>
>>864148
We have billions of years to figure that one out. One step at a time.
>>
>>864099
I repeat, why hasn't there been any warming in your lifetime? Why do global warming shills claim there will be a 20 year pause in warming?
>>
>>864325
But there has been you dumb muppet
The past two years have been the hottest years on record
>>
>>864334

Forgot the source:Obama
>>
>>864384
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/99-percent-chance-2016-hottest-year-20359
>>
>>864389
>2016 was the hottest year ever

How did they know this in May? Seems like more evidence that the data is all phony
>>
>>864437
>what are predictions
The months so far had been the hottest on record, the previous year was the hottest on record, projections showed that it would continue and it has

>literally all climate scientists are working together to create false conclusions in order to benefit some literally who green energy companies
I can't believe that people choose to believe this rather than the easier explanation with a mountain of evidence behind it
>>
>>864192
>"We have billions of years to figure that one out"

The bacteria will get us before then
>>
>>864444

I predict the last 22 years were colder and the consensus is that I am correct even without your bullshit weasel words
>>
>>864479
Not an argument
>>
>>864479
>>864482
I'm not sure what it was even supposed to be.
>>
>>860568
8.7 million, not billion.
>>
>>857737
have you lived without power and running water?!
it blows, i've done it. its so much nicer to have power and running water.
outdoors are fun. my job revolves around it.
but come on buddy....
>>
Man, fuck this bullshit, I want based Elon to take me away to live on Mars
>>
>>857870
Fuck you're consensus meme.
>>
>>865145
not an argument
>>
>>865158
Your argument wasn't an argument
>>
>>865237
I'm not that guy
But his was a legitimate argument
>>
>>864946
>it blows, i've done it.
me too it's okay for a week or so, after that nope.jpg
>>
>>858457
As if a subaru is fuel efficient. Ha! Ha I say!
>>
>>865397
My Tahoe uses 2 gallons of gas to drop off my glass recycling whereas my Subaru only uses 1 gallon so yes the Subaru is good for the environment. If we could get Subarus for everyone in the world it would solve global warming.
>>
>>857881
i agree with you man. i feel like we gotta learn to just use less resources and live more efficiently, rather than panic thinking "we can save the world!11!1"
>>
>>865489

>use less resources and live more efficiently

Yes being poor is so noble. I have been this proud since Jimmy Carter told us we have to get used to being cold in our homes during winter.
>>
>>858663
>Its like evolution tbqh
Indeed, exactly like evolution...except:
- there isn't evidence against evolution by natural selection (unless you count the work of desert nomads thousands of years ago to be scientific evidence)
- we know how it works by mere observation and using the scientific method...as opposed to simulations that leave out all those pesky variables that don't add up
- the only ones arguing against it are people using a book written by desert nomads to get their knowledge
Yep, exactly like evolution.
>>
File: 1474771339573.jpg (1MB, 1327x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1474771339573.jpg
1MB, 1327x1333px
>>858183
I agree.
>>
File: RS_Web_ASIA_17M_v3.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
RS_Web_ASIA_17M_v3.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>he wants billions of shitskins and chinks to infest the west

denying climate change may be the least patriotic thing you can do
>>
>not just keeping the poor countries poor
>>
>>868111
>unless
Not just killing the poor
>>
>>868329
>not just ending their suffering permanently
>>
>if you believe in gloval warming you've been brainwashed by the liberal media
>not me though, I got all of my info that says global warming isn't real from my years of research

Oh wait no you didn't. Clearly the environmental groups want more money, not the corporations that profit most from fucking up the environment. Jesus Christ I mean how do you people rationalize that. I hope we die off as a species, we don't deserve life.
>>
>>857737
#1. Global Warming is the biggest crock of shit scare tactic I've ever heard. It's designed to scare people into submission and also make them better consumers (scared people buy more shit). It's why wartime economics are so great.. combine them and bam.. huge bubbles.
#2. If global warming were going to happen the way they've been saying.. it'll actually improve a lot of things. Average temperature goes up, creates longer growing seasons and also helps more water from the sea evaporate and.. thus more rainfall. Every time the global temperature goes up (historically) we get booms in every aspect of life. Population growth, economic growth, technological improvements.. you name it, life fucking improves.
>>
>>868452
Kill yourself
>>
>>868452
>things that are incorrect: the post
>>
>>868452
how are you still breathing
honestly surprised you haven't
died from stupidity
>>
>>868452
>life improves
>hundreds of millions of environmental refugees by the end of the century
>flooded coastal cities
>mass extinction on the level not seen since the dinosaurs
>crop production goes to shit because increased inland temperatures and loss of supporting ecosystem
>fisheries collapse
>more extreme weather events
>mass starvation=even more refugees
>starving irrational people lead to large border wars between states as each tries to seize resources from the other
>most third world states cease to exist
>collapse of the global economy
Your grand children, if you have any, will curse you and your parents for your stupidity
>>
>>868613
your scenario is more unlikely than his tho.
everything is possible but global warming could be beneficial on the long run and probably barely noticeable on the short run.
>>
>>868614
>my baseless opinion trumps that of hundreds of specialized academics
yeah
>>
>>857788
Well, anon, to put in a simple and easy to understand context, picture the grassland plains of a nation, the sweeping forests covering many rolling hills, and just comprehend the sheer complexity of life in that particular patch of wilderness, which has lived within certain thresholds, changing ever so slowly over thousands of years which the species reproduced fast enough to adapt, bar a few extinct ones.

Now, picture that within a generation or two of a large tree, a few for faster reproducing plants, the thresholds of temperature, moisture of soil, water received, and many other factors suddenly changed so much that most trees would not be able to adapt, many would die off.
As a result of a few trees dying, other conditions change in that location, less moisture, maybe more moisture, less darkness leaving the soil to warm and dry more as the shade trees have fallen, more wind carrying away moisture and humidity.

Climate change at such a sudden pace which we're going at is terrifying.

As it is, we're going to see ecosystems change dramatically. Grasslands, woodlands, and the more 'mobile' of ecosystems will, within only a handful of generations, shift away by tens or even hundreds of kilometers from where it was.

Alpine peaks and the less restricted rainforests may simply have nowhere to go and simply be pushed off that peak of the mountain, or be dried up wiping that place away from its sheltered gully.
This is what we fear, and this is only one of the things we fear will happen. The shock to agriculture, the impact on the economies, the rising of the oceans in the longer run, inundating a number of low-lying cities, that is only a glimpse of what there is to fear.
We may adapt, but it will be damn costly, and we'll forever take away what we inherited from the face of this planet, no more extinct creatures and ecosystems to the degree we see today and the health we see today for the future generations.
>>
>>868630

>Climate change at such a sudden pace which we're going at is terrifying

It's sad that you will spend the rest of your life shaking in fear just to satisfy some Skypes money grubbing fetish. It's not much if a life but it's all yours
>>
>>868630
How does it feel knowing that the new owners of Europe and the USA don't care one pepe for the environment? It's not even on their radar.
>>
>>868614
>b-but my wishful thinking
Show me one study that supports your claim
>>
File: 1466671602774.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1466671602774.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
>>857737
Don't worry, we live in the absolute golden age of human civilization. We've got some pretty sweet technology to fuck around with and a few more centuries of nature to enjoy.

Future generations are fucked, but we got it good.
>>
>>868678
well here is the most likely scenario: humans never really affected the weather warming is a natural occurrence and part of earths cycle of glacial and inter-glacial periods. (we are in an ice age btw)

but even if man tinkered with the weather it would probably for the best. as earth gets cooler and cooler. and life will easily adapt to a little warmer climate.
>>
File: Five_Myr_Climate_Change.png (18KB, 745x224px) Image search: [Google]
Five_Myr_Climate_Change.png
18KB, 745x224px
>>868867
>>
File: 1475526401827.jpg (71KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475526401827.jpg
71KB, 650x600px
>>868867
What makes you think humans have no effect on the weather? Burning billions of gallons of oil just doesn't do anything?

Also you're forgetting the part where plants and animals don't adapt to the changing climate because shits warming up faster than ever before in earth's history.
>>
>>868869
>What makes you think humans have no effect on the weather? Burning billions of gallons of oil just doesn't do anything?
too small scale to the mass of earth or even the atmosphere.
>Also you're forgetting the part where plants and animals don't adapt to the changing climate because shits warming up faster than ever before in earth's history.
also completely false, life adapts way faster than the climate can change. you are just blind to it.
>>
>>868867
>we are in an ice age btw
No we aren't
We're in an icehouse as opposed to greenhouse climate
You clearly don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>868872
>No we aren't
look it up muh negro, we are in a glacial period aka ice age
>>
>>868871
>too small scale to the mass of earth or even the atmosphere.
nigga, are you retarded? We have an army of people covering the entire earth that spews fumes every day nonstop, not to mention our livestock that outnumber us. We live in a closed bubble and the stuff we put in the air stays there for decades.

>life adapts way faster than the climate can change. you are just blind to it.
You're actually right on this one, I am blind to life adapting because that takes millions of years. The fact that I am not blind to the glaciers drying up on the mountain I can see from my house is the problem.
>>
>>868876
you pic is short sighted, look at >>868868
earth used to be a lot warmer the trend is frightening because earth getting colder does not suit us one bit.
>I am blind to life adapting because that takes millions of years
it literally happened in front of our very eyes in as small time-frame as 30 years. new species are born left and right and many gone extinct just in this century. life adapts constantly it's not some static scene.
>>
>>868876
No one believes you
>>
File: 4Jibhh7.gif (3MB, 264x192px) Image search: [Google]
4Jibhh7.gif
3MB, 264x192px
>>868879
>We're all gonna freeze to death in another half million years.
I wish you could hear how dumb you sound

It really doesn't matter what the climate trend is on a geological time scale, even if it's gone down 8 degrees in 5.5 million years that's nothing compared to going up almost a whole degree in 100 years. Go ahead and see if that fits into the natural climate's standard deviation.
>>
>>868874
>look it up
I've been studying this in university for years, we are not in a glacial period, we are in an interglacial
Interglacial and glacial are different from icehouse and greenhouse
In any case, you're wrong on both counts
>>
File: 600 ppm CO2 in 2058.png (34KB, 793x677px) Image search: [Google]
600 ppm CO2 in 2058.png
34KB, 793x677px
>>857788
>>
>>868613
>>mass starvation=even more refugees
stopped reading right there
impeccable logic
>>
>>868972
>mass food shortages in shitty countries
>people are just going to stay where there's no food and die
I think you might have brain problems
People are going to be fleeing to more developed countries
>>
>>868980
being that stupid
>people with food are just gonna let it get taken away instead of building huge fucking walls etc. pp w/e the fuck to keep them out.
>>
>>868980
>>868982
my point is : we wont have a problem with refugees if shit hits the fan that hard. staying human is the biggest problem
>>
>>868880
I believe him. How about that faggot
>>
>>868982
>Trump's wall is going to make America great.
Jesus m8 you're straight up retarded
>>
>>868871
>small scale
You are one stupid mofo. 19th century physicists predicted global warming just based on the fact that they could correctly estimate human emissions, how much atmosphere there was, what its composition was, and how certain gases interacted with light. Just because the general public has only been aware of global warming for a short while doesn't mean it hasn't been a done deal in the scientific community for over a century. Most of the research these days is about what the regional effects of climate change will be because governments want to know what they can do to mitigate them (turns out almost everyone in every government in the world that doesn't have to cater to retards believes climate change is a problem).

Even the most optimistic estimates of the economic cost of climate are terrible and its gets worse the longer we wait to take action. However, nothing gets done because no one wants to anger the anti-intellectual retarded part of the population so each politician kicks the problem further down the street. We're rapidly reaching the point where that that may longer be an option (2020s-2030s when temps reach the point in the middle east and north africa that anyone without air conditioning will die during the summer).
>>868982
>just build a wall
You're insane. If the US can't stop mexicans who want subminimum wage jobs from getting in the country, how are they going to stop tens of millions of people whose very lives depend on getting across the border? As Europe is discovering, when people want get out of a place, it's pretty fucking hard to stop them.
>>
File: 3CpVvk9.gif (2MB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
3CpVvk9.gif
2MB, 800x576px
>>869096
Building a wall is literally the political equivalent of covering your ears and going "nah nah nah nah"

It's hard to believe how immature and shortsighted people can be these days.
>>
>>868896
no we are in a glacial period and an intraglacial warming period inside a glacial period.

the definition of ice age: permanent ice cover on the poles

you didn't study shit you hippie faggot if you say bullshit like we are not in a glacial period. because we are both by geologists opinion and both by definition.
>>
>>868881
going up a whole degree in a 100 years just look at that chart you nigger it's completely normal nothing extraordinary or out of line about it. also it's good the average temperature drops 4 degrees and we are locked in a permafrost forever you double nigger.
>>
>>869096
You seem a bit angry about the wall. why don't you care about the climate change caused by illegals?
>>
File: Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg (634KB, 2290x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg
634KB, 2290x1200px
>>869240
>going up a degree in a century is normal
On what planet you fucking nigger? Please, go educate yourself you neanderthal. You're almost incomprehensible to anyone with half a brain cell.
>>869239
>be geologist
>read this post
>feel utter rage at the ignorance of this person
>think that this must be a troll
>finally accept that there really are people this stupid and they have access to the internet
Would teaching Earth Science in High School filter out these retards? Or are there other environmental factors at play? Whatever it is, the future of the human race is not looking so good.
>>869255
*anon has committed suicide
>>
>>869259
>An ice age is a period of long-term reduction in the temperature of Earth's surface and atmosphere, resulting in the presence or expansion of continental and polar ice sheets and alpine glaciers. Within a long-term ice age, individual pulses of cold climate are termed "glacial periods" (or alternatively "glacials" or "glaciations" or colloquially as "ice age"), and intermittent warm periods are called "interglacials". Glaciologically, ice age implies the presence of extensive ice sheets in both northern and southern hemispheres.[1] By this definition, we are in an interglacial period—the Holocene—of the ice age that began 2.6 million years ago at the start of the Pleistocene epoch, because the Greenland, Arctic, and Antarctic ice sheets still exist.[2]

you are not a geologist you 12 yo shitstain you are just a fucking jerkoff leftover. i bet you think the earth is flat and shit too.
>>
>>869239
I AM a geologist, you fucking moron, I'm telling you that you're wrong
Ice cover on the poles means ICEHOUSE as opposed to GREENHOUSE
Which are NOT the same things as glacial and interglacial
We are NOT in an ice age, that's a glacial, we're in an interglacial during an icehouse
I can tell you we're not in an ice age because my house isn't covered by a mile of ice
I wish I could hate you to death, because not only are you stupid and wrong, you're utterly convinced that you're right
>>
>>869337
here
I'd like to point out that in the source that YOU posted >>869285
It says we are in an interglacial period
Fuck you, even your own source disagrees with you
>>
Haha no one believes the lies by politicians, the lying press or the phoney scientists. We see right through the bullshit

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/pew-most-americans-dont-believe-scientific-consensus-climate-change
>>
>>869467

In other news , only 25 % of Americans were successfully brainwashed by Al Gore

>Nearly three-quarters of Americans don’t trust that there is a large “scientific consensus” amongst climate scientists on human behavior being the cause of climate change

->only 11 percent - follow news about climate change “very closely.”
>>
>>869472
>>869467
>a bunch of uninformed retards agree so it must be true
>>
>>869339
it clearly states we are in an ice age that started 2.6 million years ago you triple nigger.
>>
>>869502
We're agreeing on the same thing we're just using different words for it, it seems
Regardless, whether we're in an icehouse or not doesn't mean anything one way or another for anthropogenic global warming
>>
>>869285
>quoting Wikipedia in a debate
Sure you're a geologist. Sure. ;)
>>869337
What state are you from? Where did you go to school? Where did you take your GIT and PG exams? I really want to know where you got your degree so I know to filter out all applicants from that cesspit.

In all reality, I seriously doubt you're anything at all. Someone who denied climate change would never get past their lower division courses so at most you're some conservative faggot (probably majored in something gay like philosophy) who a took an intro geologist class and now thinks he knows more than scientists who dedicate their lives (and are paid big bucks by the government) to study this subject. The worse case scenario is you're someone who never even graduated from college which is pathetic considering all you have to do to get a degree in the social sciences these days is show up.
>>
>>869520
But...
I'm not denying climate change, I'm arguing that it's real
I think you need to look at your reading comprehension
>>
>>869526
Sorry, wrong post anon. Need more coffee (and to stop posting during breakfast).
>>
>>869520
>Unless you swear fealty to phoney science we won't give you your degree

And then you wonder why no one trusts you
>>
>>869664
>everyone gets a degree, regardless of how educated they are
>it's ok that you deny our findings without any shred of proof, you have still proven yourself worthy to be trusted
People who don't give up their obviously false beliefs when presented with the facts and have nothing to refute them with don't deserve to be respected
>>
>>869529
indeed
>>
>>859180
>There would be evidence galore
We've barely scratched the surface of Egypt a few thousand years ago. Do you know how much gets lost to time?
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.