[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 0.jpg (129KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
129KB, 640x426px
Hey /Out/. So, I'm moving to Michigan from Texas. What can I look forward to doing that's /out/ related? Pic related really wanting to catch a muskie.
>>
I worked there on my first field job. That place is fucking unreal beautiful in fall. It was mostly pretty quiet. Lots and lots and lots of forest out there though. At least where I was close to lake superior.
>>
Newfag to /out/ would I discuss land prices in Texas here?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>857281
Only if you own a sweet knoife
>>
>>857245
>So, I'm moving to Michigan from Texas
Obligatory, fuck off were full.
>>
>>857282
No cool knifes but becoming has guns soon
>>
>>857245
Where to in Michigan? LP or UP?
>>
>>857322
Port huron.
>>
>>857326
Well i can't help you much in the thumb area since Im from the west side and live in the UP. I don't recall many people travelling to the thumb for stuff but I know if you make it up to near tawas and beyond, there is some decent hunting, fishing and camping. you can hit the au sable for sweet trout water. I know the st. clair is good for muskie. The best spots are in the shipping channel so be sure to dodge the 1000 footers before they get within a half mile. My buddy is a mate on them and he has told me he loses boats over the bow around then and pretty much just blows the horn and hopes they've moved.
>>
>>857329
Cool. Thanks. Yeah, want to see the UP. My wife says it's amazing.
>>
>>857329
It is. You can skip the middle imo its just swamps but the eastern and mostly the western UP is awesome. I've been fishing/camping in the Ottawa and didn't see anyone but my buddy for almost a week.
>>
>>857343
I can't wait to do real back woods camping. It's real hard to find vast land here in Texas and not run in to people. There a few places but not the same environment unless you go east. I grew up in Oregon and really miss the forests up north. What kind of trout are in the au sable? Turns out my wife's family have a cabin outside roscommon.
>>
>>857349
The forests are a bit different than out west. youll run into mostly conifers and hardwoods though.
The Au Sable you'll find brookies and browns but the DNR stocks rainbows as well. If you hop in at Jims canoe right on wakeley rd. you can do well enough. Its a great river but theres a few sections that are fly only or have size limits so you'll want to keep track of that.
>>
>>857245
>What can I look forward to doing that's /out/ related?

shoveling snow
>>
>>857326
hope you dont mind swarms of retarded blacks asking for gibs non stop. as for /out/ related stuff in that area.. not much besides fishing
>>
>>857245
Tehquaminoninon is pretty cool, so are the dunes. Im from Lansing area and we have tons of county parks around here but none allow camping
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.