[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obnoxious camper stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

File: 162905028_0.jpg (34KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
162905028_0.jpg
34KB, 700x420px
Hello /out/ I thought we could have a thread about assholes we've run across in our various outdoor experiences

>be me past month
>on weeklong family camping trip in central Oregon
>last night we were there this caravan of people show up
>the camp we're in is a pay to stay public place so there's a quiet time of around 10:00
>these assholes are screaming across the camp for no reason well past 2:00 am blasting music like they're at a fucking frat party
>Literally wake up half the campgrounds.
> I understand having a good time around a campfire and having laughs and making some noise but the volume these people were yelling at seemed like they were almost intentionally just trying to piss people off.
>turns out they were Duck fans
>mfw

how does /out/ deal with dickheads like these?
>>
>>857152
If you don't want obnoxious partners at got camp you need to go deeper inawoods than you are going.

I can't believe you thought a "nature brought to you" campsite wouldn't include this element on Labor Day weekend.
>>
>>857152
I work at a State Park in NorCal, and almost every weekend during peak season we get at least one noise complaint exactly like yours. The perps are usually drunk Hispanic families or drunk white trash. It's usually not just to piss people off (until campers or Rangers tell them quiet down). They're just too out of their minds to care about quiet hours.
>>
Monday I left camp for an hour for supplies (beer). Upon my return, a guy and two women were just getting done stealing everything easily portable.

I bade them return my stuff, which they did, the women giggling, and the guy looking hostile.

Smh
>>
>>857190
well to be fair it's a family camping trip, I don't pick the location, we've always gone there and met up with our good family friends. Not that I don't get what you're saying but I think at some point you have to expect some courtesy and decency from other campers.
>>
>>857199
I know this dumbass who almost got killed trying to steal beer from someones campsite, it blows my mind people come with the intention of doing shit like that.
>>
>>857199
>Giggling
>He he he, we got caught! Lol! We could go to jail.
>Hope anon we're stealing from isn't a hostile person.
>Lol! My baby daddy might get rekt.
Why are people this stupid?
>>
Tried to get my wife into hiking and fishing. I gave up.

>This campsite sucks I don't get any 4G

>Can you carry my bag my feet hurt?

>I don't want to stick my hand in the mouth to hold the fish. Will the fish bite me?

>Can we just rent a cabin at a campground with a pool and mini golf course?
>>
>>857199
This is when you make them dig their own graves.
>>
>>858485
I'm sorry for you anon. Pls dump her
>>
>be me
>on group trip to test out trail rider
Check catalog if I interested, thread somewhere in there
>last day of camp
>hit blockage we can't get rider past
>everyone sets up camp
>I leave and finish loop
>get back
>around 7 two grills show up
>hiking noobs
>set their camp up
>super loud
>don't know what bear bag is
>we show them
>go to sleep
>they're loud and giggling all night
>"should we have put this in bear bag?"
>they get up around 11
>shining mega light all over camp
>kept me up all night
>>
>people taking psychedelics to find themselves on a public campground
>people who just leave trash everywhere
>people who bag their trash but then leave the bags everywhere
>assholes letting their pit bulls roam off leash
That's about it
>>
>Assholes who bring dogs, women or nu males

>Assholes who talk about recycling

>Assholes who talk about hammocks

>Govt fee taking assholes when they provide no services

>Assholes who get upset if you piss on a tree

>Assholes who specialize in smoky fires

>ATV and jetski assholes
>>
>>857152
Playing music out of a speaker while camping is one of the worst things you can do.
I dont actually camp in campsites so I dont have much experience with it, but it seems despicable.
One of the best parts about being innawoods is playing classical guitar and singing around a fire. Especially if every member of the group can contribute.
>>
>>859849
Best part is when no one brings a shitty guitar and you pass a flask of whiskey among men while being with your own thoughts and telling stories around the fire.
>>
>>859888

>I dont actually camp

Why would you brag about this while pontificating about what we did?
>>
>>857152
>hurt durr no one is allowed to have fun around me

Go fuck your self. If you want quiet, camp somewhere more secluded.
>>
>>859946
I wasn't bragging. I said what i enjoy. How is your version of noise pollution any better than that you have such contempt for from a speaker?
>>
>>859970
>than that you have
There should be a "which" in there, methinks.
>tryhard intellectual

I do, however, agree with the content of your post.
>>
>>859970
The sentence is fine. There is no need to have such a lofty attitude though.
>>
>>857152
Monday - Thursday is for quiet family camping. Weekend is for playing hard after a shitty week of working hard.
>>
>>857152
me and pretty much the same story. only I was sandwiched between two sites with people that joined forces and went on yelling and screaming until 3am. Cops finally showed up to shut it down. Seriously thought about killing them all in their sleep with an axe afterwards. Asked them to quiet down earlier in the night but they just acted like the assholes they were. What are you gonna do though, people out for a long weekend are out to have fun I guess although 99% of people are pretty cool and it's that 1% that fuck it all up. I just stopped going out on long weekends to sites like that. Pity is it turned my friends off to camping completely after that incident. Stuff like this is why I would rather just go somewhere remote. Hate having to deal with the stupidity of other human beings. Plus I have an aversion to confrontation. But I really don't understand why people like this don't just do a proper bush party.

On that same camping trip a third site had just left this massive bonfire to burn itself out. Well at about 2am I go to take a piss and it's raging out of control. So I went and put it out. Told them the next day and they were surprised the fire they left burning got out of control when they left it. Fucking idiots out here sometimes...

On the flip side I once fired off bear spray in a crowded campground because I had never fired it off before and my friend was wondering how it actually worked. After about 10 minutes a ranger came to inquire about some complaints but we played dumb.

My backroad camping is always way better. Just set up by a creek, drink all night and talk by the fire, stumble into bed, get up at dawn, cast a fly rod while taking a piss, fish all day, fire some rifles, cook some steaks and drink some more beers and count shooting stars.... and no one around at all with just the sound of the creek babbling.
>>
>>859708
>assholes who talk about recycling

What's your beef with recycling anon?
>>
>>860332
It's bad for the environment. Thus it's not only counter productive but so called environmentalists are always shitty people.
>>
>>860044
>Just set up by a creek
don't set up super close though
>>
File: 1472244349273.png (639KB, 573x683px) Image search: [Google]
1472244349273.png
639KB, 573x683px
>>859708
No anon, the asshole is you.
>>
>>859888
This is the way, fuck music faggots.
>>
>>860377
Recycling metal and glass is fine though.
>>
>>859970
Singing raises spirits a lot.
Look in any military survival book/manual, It always recommends singing to raise spirits.
And its not like we sing for 3-4 fucking hours, after a while we just stare at the flames in silence with the occasional conversation till it burns to embers
>>
I can't stand these fucking faggots either

Hate
>people that don't do the same things I do
>people that do things that I don't do
>people that bring more/less/different companions/pets/family members than I do
>people that are different age/gender/beliefs than me
Anyone that does any of the above is a complete fucking faggot that should just die.

I go to well populated area of national parks/national forests/local unmarked campgrounds that have been used since before I was born/local campgrounds with fire rings and well lit bathrooms to get AWAY from all the people like you, not to have you fucking up my outdoor experience doing all the things I hate while I silently glower at you in.the dark, asshat.
>>
File: 1468265641091.jpg (144KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1468265641091.jpg
144KB, 1080x1080px
>>857152
Asshole who "camp" at public camping spots so that they can role-play being in the woods
>>
I live in an asshole country that has tied up all public land in so much red tape. Camping is essentially illegal. Unless you're in one of those nature ghettos they call campsites
>>
File: 1387400871327.png (284KB, 534x442px) Image search: [Google]
1387400871327.png
284KB, 534x442px
>>858485
You married into a weak bloodline.
>>
>>860772
What country is that?
>>
File: 1464725859009.jpg (235KB, 1912x906px) Image search: [Google]
1464725859009.jpg
235KB, 1912x906px
>>859708
>Assholes who bring women
Damn right, cub.
>>
>>860774
Australia
>>
>>860772
No one needs to go camping friendo. They are protecting nature for you. You should be greatful
>>
>>860040
This
>>
File: image_11.jpg (111KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
111KB, 500x667px
>>859612
>tfw im the guy who takes psychodelics. Not to find myself, but to trip balls.
>>
File: MYMAN.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MYMAN.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>861598
I'd camp with you
>>
>>857152
If you're dealing with the general public, you're not /out/ retard
>>
>>860377
>It's bad for the environment
citation needed
>>
>>859708
>Assholes who bring women
Some of them are OK anon
Not all girls have cooties
My current gf is awesome in the backcountry
>>
>>861708
Explain how spending $35 to get $4 is friendly to the environment. That extra $31 is spent on fossil fuels, vehicles, processing facilities etc

Explain why worthless trash shipped 500 miles in a fleet of tractor trailers is good for the environment

This forum of enviro knows it's a bad deal but they don't care since they get rich from the recycling fees they tack on your bill

>Glass recycling is extremely expensive, according to Caputo. It costs $35 per ton to transport to a facility—of which there are few, with the closest being in Portland, Ore., and Seattle—and is only worth around $4 a ton.

http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/talking-trash-at-this-months-idaho-environmental-forum/Content?oid=3672288
>>
File: asshole.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
asshole.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>859708
If you continually find yourself in situations where you're completely surrounded by assholes, chances are you're the asshole.
>>
>>859849
>be me
>playing music on bluetooth speaker
>respectable_lvl.wav
>asshole next to us murdering Wonderwall on nylon strings all night long

Yeah, fuck those guys.
>>
>>859849
> guitar and singing around a fire.

I personally kick over each and every one of your cairns, fag
>>
>>861956
Yes attack the person and not the ideas
>>
>>859708
>Govt fee taking assholes

We have no choice, we have to, it's our job. If you got beef, take it up with the State or Fed, not the people at the kiosk who have to explain to every other fucking moron that comes into a park expecting a safe campground with working showers, toilets, and a full marina to be FREE that the State has to somehow pay for all of it (for your enjoyment!), and that way is by charging a whopping eight dollars per vehicle. Fuck me. Fuck you.
>>
>>859849
kek that made me think of the campingtrip I had 3 weeks ago. some nerds at the campsite were nonstop blasting fucking anime soundtracks and powermetal at full volume
>>
> Find a comfy dispersed campsite for me and my dog. Pick this area because it's never crowded
> Suddenly Chad rolls up with Stacy and sets up camp nearby
> Stacy keeps looking at me like I'm a creep
> Watch Chad fail miserably at starting a campfire with whole logs and lighter fluid
> Start feeling alpha. My /out/ skills are superior to Chad.
> Start a massive campfire to assert my dominance.
> Eventually Chad gives up, takes Stacy into their tent.
> Retire to my tent with my dog. Feeling pretty good.
> Get awoken by loud sounds of Chad pounding Stacy multiple times that night.
> I just sit there and pet my dog, trying not to feel like a complete failure.
Why does Chad have to rub it in?
>>
>>862130
You had the perfect chance to get back at him, you could've said something like

>"Good thing you can set her fire, god knows you cant set a real one, son"

Or

>"Yeah boy, show that vagina whose boss, god knows thats the only wood you're good with"
>>
>>860746
Pretty much this tbqh
>>
>>860746
Nice sarcasm, so did you think you wouldn't get triggered in a whining thread?
>>
>>862130
Should've started fucking your dog to show your superior connection to nature.
>>
>>862130
Women are cancer anon. Next time this happens, build your fire, grab your dog and fuck it royally while they watch. Then let your dog lick your shit dick while you mock Chad for consorting with human females. Profit
>>
>>862084

>safe campground with working showers, toilets, and a full marina

None of those are offered at most parks. The issue that you are ignoring is that most parks have shuttered everything except the fee station and just puts signs up everywhere saying trails closed, bathrooms closed, visitor center closed. They cry no money but all have new 4x4 SUVs to drive around in
>>
>>859888
>>859849
Whathe is best In camping?
>>
>>860742
"Man, camping sucks so much ass. I'm bored. I need something to raise my spirits in this depressing situation."
>>
>>862332
Sorry anon, I didn't realize you all lived in fucking Hell, what the fuck? Is it just because it's winter?
>>
File: DSC_0585.jpg (2MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0585.jpg
2MB, 2592x3872px
I used to encounter obnoxious campers, found a good solution - an overland truck and a BLM land map, try it out. I think the worst campers I've ever encountered had a kid that cried screaming at the top of his lungs for 3+ hours, other people were concerned enough to go check on the family but they thought it was just business as usual, eventually another camper started playing the trumpet to try to drown it out. The family eventually left. There's too many shit people in the world to gamble on campgrounds, most of North America is empty so it's not too hard to escape organized camp spots
>>
>>857152
>Go camping w/ family to a shitty private campground
>Spend $70 to rent a tiny lot for one night
>Get there
>The assholes next door have spread their belongings across both sites
>Ask them to leave, show them receipt for our site
>"Oh there are plenty of open campsites! Just go somewhere else!"
>There are literally no other open campsites
>Get an employee
>He convinces them to move their stuff
>They give us the stinkeye all day
>At night, woken up by noises and swearing outside the tent
>They're struggling to remove the propane tank from my barbeque (campfire ban a shit)
>Ask them what the hell they're doing
>They tell me to fuck off
>Pull out my phone and threaten to call the police
>They leave, insulting me till they reach their tent
>Stay awake all night, expecting them to try something
>Nothing happens
>Just after breakfast, a park employee drives up
>"We've received complaints about your behavior at this park. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
>We were packing up anyway
>Still want to punch him out
>Assholes are standing there looking smug
>I say fine, we were going anyway, and make a big show of putting things away until he leaves
>The assholes head off toward the beach
>Just before we leave, I piss in their car's open window
>>
>>862646

For car camping you an definitely get to a nice secluded spot on NF/BLM land. Just check first and make sure your not in "party zone" - it would suck to set up and then a convoy pulls in. But you did say "overland truck" and that expands your options for seclusion or at the very least you have other people with the same idea.

I've done plenty of car camping in state parks and I know some on CO where there has *never* been a persistent problems with assholes. The camp volunteers are all over any bullshit within minutes. They ask twice and the third time, they're bring in the state patrol. I'm in Texas and our state parks are different. After quiet time hits the camp volunteers are in their trailer sitting on their fat asses watching satellite or something and can't be bothered (usually).
>>
>>860781
You must have literally never been outside of a major city. I live on the Gold Coast and there are at least 20 car camping sites I can think of off the top of my head within 2 hours drive that are fantastic, and 15 national parks/state forests that have great opportunities for bushwalking and camping.

Just because you don't know what to look for or where to look for it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
>>
>>862629
No, it's because park funds get redistributed to Michael Brown memorials, diversity conferences and studies to justify closing off more areas of the park
>>
>>862652
I really hope this is true. I'm proud of you if it is.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.