[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /out/. I am planing somewhat of an experience. I am going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (6KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 293x172px
Hello /out/.

I am planing somewhat of an experience. I am going to for the first time of my life take my tent and go and set up camp somewhere in the forest alone for about a week for the first time of my life.

So I have som questions, what do I need to think of when setting up camp? And what things do I need to take with me? I live in Scandinavia and I live in the south so there are no predators here, the most dangerous animals we can find here is homeless junkies but I am not concerned.

So far I have written down:
Food & water
Axe / knife
A shit ton of books to pass the time and I like it
Lighter
Light source I can use inside the tent
Alarmclock (I will still be going to school but I study on flexible times)

What more should I bring? What should I be thinking of when chosing a spot for my tent?
>>
Also, what kind of food should I bring since I wont be having acess to a fridge or freezer. A loaf of bread will make it of course, but when it comes to meat its only canned goods that's the deal?
>>
>>856565
Jerky. Eggs (dont need refrigeration). Beans (dried). Some soup stock cubes. dried soup veggies. Trail mix. Dehydrated fruit. Nuts (or something similarly high in protein and easy to carry). Chocolate bars.

Are you camping in bear country? If so, get familiar with the steps to take in order to prevent bears from getting to your stuff.

Also, toilet paper. Wet wipes. Toothpaste.

Enjoy and don't go to class stinky.
>>
>>856567

There are no predators here where I live, the bears and wolfes are 1000 km north of here, I have seen foxes though. So I don't have to worry about predators.

And what do you mean by eggs? Should I eat them raw? Or should I bring some kind of improvisied kitchen? Or am I suppose to cook over an open fire?

>Enjoy and don't go to class stinky.

Haha, no I will shower at the gym before I go to school.
>>
>>856567

Also, do you know what I should be thinking of when chosing a location for my tent? I have never put up a tent before, do the ground need to be in a ceartain way etc?
>>
>>856569
I think you'll probably want a small mess kit.

Like, a teenytiny propane can and burner plus a little pot that can be used to boil water in. You will want to drink something warm at night before going to sleep and eating hot food is a thousand times more satisfying than cold food.

This way, if there is fishing or game, you can catch something and cook it up as well.

As for tent location...scout around a bit. Make sure there are no insects around that could fuck with you (nests in trees, holes in the ground, old fallen deadwood are all better avoided since that is where those critters will hang out.)

Stay away from any kneehigh shrubs or risk being bitten by ticks.

When i camp i look for a nice flat surface, i make sure there is nothing dangerous within about 50 meters. If I plan on an open fire, I would check for any low hanging branches overhead.
>>
>>856577

I think my father have a mess kit, maybe he will borrow it to me. Otherwise, is there anyway I can make coffee with just a cup, water and an open fire? Or just I just stick with tea?

And how much food and water do you consume for a week, when you are training and studying?

I have planned for about 20 liters of water, that will give me 4 liter per day, better to be safe than sorry right?

And as for food I have thought about like 2 loafes of that brown/dark bread that's ridiculousy healthy(dont know what it's called in english, we call it Lingon grova which translates to cow berry rough), canned goods, fruits(bananas, oranges and so on), beef jerky, protein bars and nut mixes. Would it be enough for 5 days you think?
>>
So far, this is my list, please tell me if I am missing something.

-Tent (obviously)
-Camping chair
-Padding to lie down on
-Sleeping bag/pillows/blankets and so forth
-Plastic bags
-Toiletpapper, toothpaste, toothbrush, shower soap, two towels, one big and one small, deoderant.
-Axe/knife
-Lighter, lighterfluid/firtstarter, old newspapers.
-Alarmclock
-A lot of litterature
-Lightsource for in side the tent.
-Tea and something for brewing.
-Food and water.
-Cellphone for emergency.

Am I missing something?
>>
>>856596
How much do you plan on hiking (with/without gear)
first to drop would be chair, as you can sit on stumps/stone etc
>Sleeping bag/pillows/blankets and so forth
Use clothing in a Shirt as pillow, Depending on your sleepingbag and elevation you might not need blankets
>Toiletpapper, toothpaste, toothbrush, shower soap, two towels, one big and one small, deoderant
Do you need the shower soap? you shouldnt use it in the wild. One towel is enough
>Axe/knife
Axe only if you want to make fires, which would be nice.
>Lighter, lighterfluid/firtstarter, old newspapers
Google featherstick, no need for firestarters. You could make an alcohol stove though (do it, its fun, google diy acohol can stove) and bring alcohol.
>Alarmclock
no
>Lightsource for in side the tent.
one flashligh, headlamp is enough with spare batteries

Bring:
>a tarp in case of rain, you can also make a small one from binbags
>pot and spoon
>paracord/rope for tarp and basicly anything

I might think more about it later
>>
>>856615

Im not really planing on hiking anywhere, just setting up my tent and living there for a couple of days. Just as an experience.

>Use clothing in a Shirt as pillow, Depending on your sleepingbag and elevation you might not need blankets

Why not a normal pillow? Also I thought of bringing a surplus of covers/blankets just to be safe, rather having a few blankets to much than freezing.

>Do you need the shower soap? you shouldnt use it in the wild. One towel is enough

I need to because I have to bring it with me when I go to my training, or if I for some reason needs to do a quick washing out there. (using the water from my water bottles)

>>Alarmclock , no

I need it because how will I otherwise make sure I wake up in time for school? Or even knowing what time it is? (I don't normaly use a cellphone)

Thanks for the advice though, hope Im not asking to much with my questions, I just wanna be prepared.
>>
>>856643
Oh I dont get that. So you got to school every day?
Pillow stuff etc are the standard weight saving things.
IF you use soap outside, stay away from natural waters and bury the wastewater, as its harmful
>>
>>856643
Headlamp gets my +1 for sure. Preferably one with a red lens on it as well as a white "normal" one. Keeps your night vision intact and isn't super noticable.

Bring your alarmclock if you need it, but chances are youll wake up early in the forrest anyways.

Trim down on the reading material. Nothing spooky either; if you've never been in the woods at night, it can be pretty spooky.

What i do for a pillow is I keep my sleepingbag in a dry sack, and i use the dry sack (filled with some air) as a pillow. Works really well. Otherwise just a shirt or something inside the dry bag works too.

If you can re-fill water on your school trips, I say you might be able to just bring enough water for the day, maybe like 4L, with you and just replenish it every day at school.

Personally, I like to bring some booze and pot with me (i know i know DEGENERATE!!!), it makes going to sleep easier, especially on the first night when you are getting acclimated to your surroundings. I mean, dont go fucking balls to the wall drunk, just have a nice nightcap or two. No bottles, just fill a flask with some nice liquor.
>>
>>856666
nice digits
try to find a camping spot near a creek, so you have enough water for cooking/drinking and its easier to kill the fire
>>
>>856662
>Oh I dont get that. So you got to school every day?

Maybe not everyday, I don't have a schedule, I study most of it online but sometimes I go there to study or write the tests and if I live innawoods, that will be the only place for me to charge my laptop and to do my school work. And I still need the shower soap as I will still go to my training and shower there so I need to bring it.

But if I need to do an emergency washup I should be carefull not letting the soap running out in the natural water?

>>856666
>Personally, I like to bring some booze and pot with me (i know i know DEGENERATE!!!), it makes going to sleep easier, especially on the first night when you are getting acclimated to your surroundings. I mean, dont go fucking balls to the wall drunk, just have a nice nightcap or two. No bottles, just fill a flask with some nice liquor.

Yeah, I am going to bring 5 gram of hashish with me, just didn't want to mention. I would also like to bring some 4-aco-dmt, really cheap and not so strong as psychadelics goes, makes you completly content just sitting in the nature being one with the nature, but I don't want to bring that stuff my first time, I like to play it safe.

Otherwise thanks for the tips, so 2L x 10 might be a little much if I just refill them at school/training? Maybe 2L x 3 then just to be on the safe side? (For putting out fire, drinking, making tea and so on)
>>
But how much food do you really consume during a 5 days period? Taking into account of 3 days hard training (Muay Thai) and studying, and when I come home to my tent I will probably have to do some manual labour and I am going to read to pass the time.

Of course if I run out I can walk like 30-40 mins home and refill but that would kind of ruing the point.
>>
>>856680

As of now I have written down:
2 loafes of wholemeal bread.
Fruits(Bananas, oranges, apples)
Canned goods(Canned fish and beans)
Nut mixes
Beef jerky (2 packs)
Cheese on tubes for the bread
Protein bars.

Would I need much more?
>>
>>856687
Tortillas go a long way with many options. Peanut butter, salami, cheese, tuna, whatever. And they are filling. You don't need an axe, scavenging for wood is easier than you think.

Bring the books as you need them so you're not lugging them all around, you'll get tired of carrying so much weight.

Luci makes a great solar inflatable lantern. Cheap and effective. I'm sure there are other brands.

If you're going to school everyday, you shouldn't need a surplus of food, and things won't go bad in a day or two. Raw meat is even good for about a day if sealed.
>>
>>856710

What is a Luci? Keep in mind I dont have alot of money for buying stuffs, I will have to keep it as simple as possible, my father is a huntsman so he got stuff I can borrow.

Yeah I know I dont need the axe but I am going to bring it anyways just to feel safe(I am more afraid of homeless junkies than of animals or ghosts w/e), I have some psychological problems so I can only sleep with a large knife or axe at my bed side.

I am not planing to be moving anywhere so the books and the food will always be in my tent. I am not going hiking or anything like that, I am just setting up a tent in a good location and living there for a week or so instead of living at home just for the experience and I think it will help improve my psychological health.

I guess it's very important for me to keep my food in closed containers and throw away the leftover food some distance from my camping site?

Dude I completley forgot about the tuna, thanks for the tip man.

>If you're going to school everyday, you shouldn't need a surplus of food, and things won't go bad in a day or two. Raw meat is even good for about a day if sealed.

Yeah I know but I dont have any money to buy food on my way there(my student money is a little late) and I dont want stop at home just to refill food every day, I want the experience of living in the woods, except I will still go to my training and maybe 1-2 days to school. (I dont have classes only deadlines on assignments or written tests)
>>
>>856562
Make sure when you go OP that you don't tell ANYONE where you're going or or how long you'll be gone. You don't want your friends dropping in on you on day 3 to ruin the solitude!
>>
>>856666
>and i use the dry sack (filled with some air) as a pillow.
I figured this out by myself (1 gbp for me) during my third night. Proud as shit, works really well.
>>
>>857640
This is a bad idea. They might track your phone or follow you because they think you're hiding something. Its better to lie and tell them you're going somewhere else so they're not worried and you can really enjoy the solitude.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.