[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a riding buddy!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Flag_of_Canada.svg.png (18KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
18KB, 1280x640px
Okay to start things off, I know that this is crazy. I'm 21 years and next year I want to bike across Canada to raise money for cancer. I want to start from the farthest point east and end in the furthest point west. I plan on starting my trip around the end of April or beginning of May. I don't know anyone else that wants to do it so I figured I would look here.
>>
bump
I would love to join you but I live in the UK and am tied down due to various complications.
Best of luck anon, it's an awesome thing you're doing, perhaps try asking on other outdoors/canadian/cancer trust websites and forums if you don't get a good enough response here.
Do you have a route planned out and enough money to make this happen? I'd love to do this sort of thing one day
>>
>>856009
where do you live right now?
>>
>>856009
>>/n/
Also are you a grill ?
>>
Funny. Theres a movie called one week about a guy who gets cancer, quits his job, and rides a motorcycle across Canada, East to west.

Was a great movie, save one shitty contrived part where he bangs some 10/10 pocahontas that finds him when he's lost in the woods, and she shows him the way out.
>>
File: 1414625249804.gif (2MB, 254x186px) Image search: [Google]
1414625249804.gif
2MB, 254x186px
This shouldnt be too hard. Terry Fox ran across Canada with crippled legs! Bring warm clothes for night time! Its always cold at night! no matter what!
>>
>>856156
Yeah that part annoyed me too
>>
>>856102
I live in Mississauga Ontario anon!
>>
>>856114
No sorry!
>>
>>856087
I have a vague plan, nothing set in stone, but it is something that I really want to do and I feel like if I don't do it next year in the spring then I won't get the chance to do it at all ever again
>>
This sounds amazing OP!
I would really want to join you but I don't think I have the time available next year for something like this... how long does it take to bike across Canada?
By the way I live near mississauga ontario too
>>
File: IMG_20160829_134517702.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160829_134517702.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>856009
>I'm 21 years and next year I want to bike across Canada to raise money for cancer.

Sounds cool, bro. I don't think I could do the whole it now, but I would love to meet up for the parts near me if that's possible with my shit bike.

I'm in Montreal, BTW.
>>
File: 81MwxCHLqXS._SL1500_.jpg (187KB, 1500x910px) Image search: [Google]
81MwxCHLqXS._SL1500_.jpg
187KB, 1500x910px
>>856009
thinking about getting a mountain bike, what kind do you have and what brand is best?
>>
File: 1438990267212.jpg (245KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438990267212.jpg
245KB, 900x600px
>>856801
depends on price range.
How much are you willing to spend? 500? 1000? 2000?
What is your experience level with mountain biking?
>What is your experience level with maintaining bikes?
>Do you want to race it?
>Do you want to take it far from civilization (and maintenance)?
From there we can talk about brands.
For your first bike you should buy from a shop and trust a brand, but when you get experienced you should learn to find parts on craigslist or at garage sales. I once built a roadbike for $300 off of garage sale parts the vendors were unsure of the worth of, and sold it for around $2000.
As for my experience level regarding it, my mother was in the olympics for it and I was pushed into it from a young age.
I had like 5 bikes as a teenager, all built off of parts my mother got from sponsorship and my dad picked up when he saw them being sold at a steal.
Because I was around it so much I just took it for granted. I have a lot of bikes I did not pay for(they let me keep them all), so I cant really appreciate it I guess.
I should really go sometime soon though. Seems like something to get back into.
>>
>>856695
Oh sick dude! it is going to take about 2 months, maybe a little more if I decide to explore a bit!
>>
>>856800
Alright dude, that sounds cool. It would be nice to get a little tour of Montreal while I'm there, never been there before.
>>
>>856009
>care about cancer
>don't attack the people who cause cancer
bike all you want then
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.