[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What collapsible cot will fold into the smallest shape?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: cot.jpg (23KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
cot.jpg
23KB, 500x297px
So I was wondering, what normal sized cot (that can hold a 6' tall person) can collapse into the smallest shape? I'm asking because I was wondering how easy it would be to take a cot in a backpack with a relatively small backpack. As I'm sure you can tell, I don't know what I'm talking about cot-wise, so that's why I'd like someone's opinion here.
>>
shameful bump because I'm an eager man.
>>
Dont bother buying a cot just get a air mat if you really wanted. Weighs less and is more compact compared to a cot. A cot is meant for semi perm camping ie longer then a month.
>>
honestly op, get a decent rope hamac, these things are cheap as fuck and the rope can save your ass in a dire situation :) they fit everywhere! Carry a small tarp to put overhead and you have a waterproof shelter over ground level and its actually very confortable :D
>>
>>855670
army cots fold up fairly small. I have strapped one to a pack a few times.

I would not trust those gimmick cots. they weigh almost as much and they look flimsy.

also lol at the pad and hammock posters. this man asked for specific advice and you came in to spout about how your particular method of camping is superior.
>>
>>855894
>This man asked for specific advice and you came in to spout about how your particular method of camping is superior.
Welcome to /out/. Just wait a bit and that tripfagging will be in here too.
>>
>>855894
OP: >Hi /out/, I want to know what kind of flip flops are the best for hiking

Anon: >Don't wear flip flops, wear boots or shoes

You: >"OMG OP WANTS TO KNOW ABOUT FLIP FLOPS STOP ACTING LIKE BOOTS ARE SUPERIOR!!!11!!1!!1!one!!"
>>
>>855753
Not op but talk to me about air matresses. Ive been eyeballing those for a bit now.
>>
>>856325
I hope you die of exhausting
>>
>>856325
Flip flops are shit. Boots are worse. Wear lightweight trail runners, or nothing at all. Your ankles will thank you.
>>
>>855670

You're better off with either a good sleeping pad, or getting a good hammock set up.

Like I myself cannot use a sleeping pad on the ground, cause a few yrs ago I fucked both my legs up.I can no longer get up off the ground like I was once able to.

Cot is only good if you're car camping, or got someway to move it around like a quad, or a atv, etc.
>>
Former /out/fitter here, the most compact cot I've ever seen was made by thermarest but it was expensive as fuck and a bitch to assemble.

Just get a good sleeping pad
>>
>>855894
>>856322
>>856497
OP here, alright I'll trust you guys about not trying a cot. I was equally considering a hammock, but I'm a little baby and didn't want to have to adjust to sleeping in a different shape. Also, I didn't want a sleeping pad because scorpions, but again it would seem if i find a spot to set it up, a hammock would be the best option. I'll probably still get an expensive cot though ;)
>>
>>857105
Don't get us wrong, cots are great for some applications. Backpacking just isn't really one of them
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.